MJ Fight For #1 W (Let's Make it #1 & Give MJ A new RECORD!) Please read updated post #234

Re: Hit: MJ will fight for #1 selling between 225k -250k first week

choked about what

True fans dont care anymore about the sales but only quality
True fans prefer michael Jackson not selling as he used to sell and get quality produtcs where true mj's talent is put forward

Money at ALL prices is what pushed Sony to close his eyes concerning the fake songs and killed michael Jackson's legacy

Now that Sony will realize that the name michael Jackson is no more as marketable as he used to be then they will change their strategy focus on his fan base only and popose us the true michael Jackson with a lot of unrealeases

whats with all this true fan B.S LOL what claifiyes you to be one exactly? spending 12 hrs a day outside of a hotel when ever he was within 100 miles of you?. selling up and living in santa maria for 5 months? having your wall coverred with all his posters.

and killed michael Jackson's legacy
mjs musical legacy was set in stone many years ago if u think this feck up overrides all of that well :doh:

choked about what

True fans dont care anymore about the sales but only quality
True fans prefer michael Jackson not selling as he used to sell and get quality produtcs where true mj's talent is put forward

Money at ALL prices is what pushed Sony to close his eyes concerning the fake songs and killed michael Jackson's legacy

Now that Sony will realize that the name michael Jackson is no more as marketable as he used to be then they will change their strategy focus on his fan base only and popose us the true michael Jackson with a lot of unrealeases

with no new fans, his legacy will die.

Sony don't care; it's a big corporation(music, electronics, etc...)

MJ is nothing for them

I'm tired of the real vs non real track debate. It really is getting old and tarnishing MJ's fans reputation, and ripping apart the community. It sickens me.

agree, it wouldnt be so bad if ppl were mature enough to discuss it like adults wihtout acting like spolit brats.but many on here dont seem to have the ability. some really need to take a step back and look at the reality. is jan4th marked in their calendar

Shes a Take That fan undercover... Quick everyone, let's
get her!!

I'm only kiddin'

In all seriousness though, the tabs are gonna
have a field day if the album fails, they aren't going to go
into the intimate details of it and explain that it failed
because fans didn't believe the vocals were genuine. They are just gonna crap on Mikes name as usual. Now, boycotting the album in terms
of money ain't even going to be a dip in the ocean to Sonys profits, it could however make the difference between the album being #1 or #2.
The Cascios have also probably been paid up front already so won't affect them either. The only thing that will stand out to 95% of people is, the new Michael Jackson album couldn't even beat some Christmas hits compilation. Then the general public, office banter, media will all be MJ negative.

@ Mark_Viven...THAT is the TRUTH. "True fans" (whatever the hell that is lol) will NOT be able to carry MJ's legacy into the future (i.e. 30, 40 years from now) without the support of the new generation and media (though we know they won't do ish). People need to UNDERSTAND that.

I was worried Sony's estimate of 400,000 was simply too high. It looks like this album will struggle to hit the top spot in the US. Boyle's The Gift will sell between 210,000 and 250,000. Taylor Swift's new album will also sell in the 210,000 to 240,000 range. MJ's album is estimated to sell in the 225-250,000 range. So it will be a tight race.

To all the American fans... get out and buy this. We need to make it #1!

with no new fans, his legacy will die.

Sony don't care; it's a big corporation(music, electronics, etc...)

MJ is nothing for them

His own fan base is enough and there will be new fans dont worry about that
MJ doesnt need to have these kind of cheap products to have new fans
they can find him out on youtube with his ancient videos clips

How do you think Elvis ' legacy is still living
Elvis still has new fans from this generation and yet his label give his fan base excellent products
There is not even big publicity on tv like they do for mj
Yet his legacy has been preserved fom generation to generation because for exemple parents have transmitted their love to their children
or children have found him out throughtout Youtube or friends

MJ's legacy is marked in the stone he is a legend he will never be forgotten by no one
He doesnt need impersonators to preserve his legacy nor cheap productions a la KYHU or Monster to keep "living"

He will always be the King of Pop no matter what

^^ yes we do, I don't care about the first week numbers so to speak (just as long as the long term sales are good) I just want to see MJ be the christmas NUMBER 1 in his home country. So if we can bring that total up to 275k or even 300k I'll be happy. Remember, Sony had to reduce inital expectations for the 'THIS IS IT' film as well but that still eneded up being the highest grossing concert film (and documentrary) of all time. And that was the line people said (and still say) whenever they talk about it.

We can change things by the time the weekend projection comes in on Friday, lets do it...

No matter how many sales, I just want him #1 in the US. Its so important.

I was worried Sony's estimate of 400,000 was simply too high. It looks like this album will struggle to hit the top spot in the US. Boyle's The Gift will sell between 210,000 and 250,000. Taylor Swift's new album will also sell in the 210,000 to 240,000 range. MJ's album is estimated to sell in the 225-250,000 range. So it will be a tight race.

seriously, promotion is closed to none here. there is a big difference the way this album is promoted and the way This Is It was promoted.

so far whatever marketing strategy sony is doing, it has no impact at all.

Thanks God the potential album sales are not strong

225K is realy realy weak for a first week
The second week will be a big fall about 150 to 175 K

The album will not reach sell more than 3 million
That was my thoughts

HAPPY

I will buy another "Micheal" album for a friend...

Not being funny, but just been Youtubin Malachi (hah Youtubin, I just made up a new word!) anyway so as I was saying. I was 'Youtubin' Malchi and someone needs to sign that guy up, he has a much better voice then that Matt Cardle fella that just won X Factor, I'd buy his album...

n all seriousness though, the tabs are gonna
because fans didn't believe the vocals were genuine. They are just gonna crap on Mikes name as usual. Now, boycotting the album in terms
of money ain't even going to be a dip in the ocean to Sonys profits, it could however make the difference between the album being #1 or #2.
The Cascios have also probably been paid up front already so won't affect them either. The only thing that will stand out to 95% of people is, the new Michael Jackson album couldn't even beat some Christmas hits compilation. Then the general public, office banter, media will all be MJ negative.
yeap.

Also, HITS' projections are never 100% accurate. They had Kanye doing much higher then he ended up doing and Mariah much lower then she ended up doing so like I said, by Friday, we should have a better (again not 100%) idea of what he'll do first week.

smooth_criminal05;3138706 said:

if this album is number 1, MJ will be the first artist ever to be n°1 in 4 decades !

please, stop the hate just few days and give MJ a new World Wide record !!!

I'll be purchasing 3 more copies tomorrow minimum!

One more contestant in Canada for MJ

This Week
The "Glee" holiday collection will be the soundtrack to plenty of Christmas soirees this year.

Yuletide shoppers helped the set jump from No. 3 to No. 1 with sales of 23,000 copies, according to data compiled by Nielsen SoundScan.

To the delight of record execs, it has now racked up 81,000 since its release four weeks ago.

The big move bumped Susan Boyle's "The Gift" (21,000) from the top spot down to No. 2, while Taylor Swift went the other way, rising two notches to No. 3.

Re: MJ fights for #1 w/sales btw 225k -250k first week (let's Make it #1 and give MJ a new RECORD!)

shame on boycotters!!!!!!! shame ..i bet when the media calls this album a flop(which they already are) yall will be smiling

guys i believe this is 100% mj on this album... any album they release from here on will never be as good as mj made them...so we all have to accept that and be happy with new music period.. as long as we listen buy enjoy mjs music ,who cares about sales and all ..lets just all be happy theres plenty of music we havent heard yet!! :yes:

please spread this word :

if this album is number 1 in USA this week, MJ will be the first artist ever to be n°1 in 4 decades !

please, stop the hate just few days and give MJ a new World Wide record !!!

Shes a Take That fan undercover... Quick everyone, let's
get her!!

I'm only kiddin'

In all seriousness though, the tabs are gonna

True, it's all going to be about how Michael Jackson's album bombed.

Re: MJ fights for #1 w/sales btw 225k -250k first week (let's Make it #1 and give MJ a new RECORD!)

That was my thoughts

HAPPY

I have no words. I'm sorry I do not mean to bring this all up again but this is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen here. Don't make me lose all hope in the MICHAEL JACKSON community? HAPPY? SSERIOUSLY? I'm terribly sad right now.

^A post not worth quoting, but I understand what you're saying. It's beyond sad.

That's crazy. Sales should be a reflection of how many people own the record not who can afford the most copies to gather dust on a shelf.

Multiple buying skews the numbers.

That was my thoughts

HAPPY

Is this a dream or am i really reading this? Wow

Well it looks like your getting your wish, because i think all the false accusations of the album being fake has led to many non fans not buying the CD. Thanks a lot for your MJ support...NOT

I have no words. I'm sorry I do not mean to bring this all up again but this is possibly the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen here. Don't make me lose all hope in the MICHAEL JACKSON community? HAPPY? SSERIOUSLY? I'm terribly sad right now.

I agree,it's really sad.At the end of the day there is no definitive proof either way about the "questionable" songs.Everyone can & should support the album until there is some solid, concrete proof that it isn't MJ on those three songs.

I am worried about the future of Michael's legacy. I have never seen or heard so much BS in my life.

All this hating won't get him back, wtf is wrong with some people!!

I am out, peace love and blessings to all!!

Michael's "legacy" is not tied to the sales of albums after he's passed. Nor is it tied to bickering on a fan site.

One more contestant in Canada for MJ

This Week
The "Glee" holiday collection will be the soundtrack to plenty of Christmas soirees this year.

Yuletide shoppers helped the set jump from No. 3 to No. 1 with sales of 23,000 copies, according to data compiled by Nielsen SoundScan.

To the delight of record execs, it has now racked up 81,000 since its release four weeks ago.

The big move bumped Susan Boyle's "The Gift" (21,000) from the top spot down to No. 2, while Taylor Swift went the other way, rising two notches to No. 3.

I remember when the This Is It soundtrack came out, it debuted at #1 in Canada with sales of 58,000! That's pretty big for Canada. I think if Boyle and Glee are only selling 20-25k MJ has a decent chance at #1 here.

hmm.. 225k is significantly lower than sony's estimate of 400k. either sony is completely off or the article is inaccurate.

but, with this type of lukewarm promotion in the states, i'm not surprised if the album doesn't meet expectation.

seriously, if you are not a fan or michael's friend on facebook, you will have no idea this album exist.

MJ has 25 million fans on facebook. Weak sales would tell you that these are fans of his past works (80s and Dangerous) and not the most recent material (HIStory on...).

That's crazy. Sales should be a reflection of how many people own the record not who can afford the most copies to gather dust on a shelf.

Multiple buying skews the numbers.

I am buying them as presents. Why is this a big deal?

Back