MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: Michael Forever Tribute/ MJJC Official Statement / Discussion / Estate statement / Fan letter @p

610x.jpg

Re: Michael Forever Tribute/ MJJC Official Statement / Discussion / Estate statement / Fan letter @p

stereoboard Stereoboard.com
Michael Forever tribute concert, official event merchandise now online + souvenir prog, mugs. get them here bit.ly/oJdKNu #mj

http://www.backstreet-merch.com/stores/stereoboard/artist.asp?id=mcfvr

I'm pretty sure "King Of Pop" is trademarked

ps: can anyone take screenshots of the item pages?

a lawsuit from Bravado soon?

Michael Jackson tribute concert panned as 'X Factor karaoke' by critics

Michael Forever, the tribute concert held for the late singer Michael Jackson, does not appear to have been the 'overwhelming success' organisers claim.

Acts including Christina Aguilera, Leona Lewis, Alexandra Burke, JLS and Cee Lo Green took to the stage at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium to cover some of Jackson's most famous hits, in a celebration of the singer's impact on the music scene.

Some were less than impressed by performances at the Michael Forever concert. (PA)
However, while performances from Gladys Knight and Smokey Robinson attracted praise, the Daily Telegraph described parts of the concert as 'X Factor karaoke', with JLS' vocals on The Way You Make Me Feel described as 'leaden'.

Aguilera also received a poor review, with a fuller-figured Christina said to be looking 'dishevelled' in a tight-fitting black corset and fishnet tights, with a mop of matted blonde hair, according to the Daily Mail.

Some fans were also disappointed with the concert, with 23-year-old Sophie Stockdale saying the show was 'rubbish'.

Referring specifically to Beyonce's performance, which was done via a poor-quality satellite connection, she added: 'If you wanted to watch Beyonce on video link, you could do it on YouTube.'
The show had been beset with problems from the start, with members of Michael's family divided over the timing of the concert, which took place in the middle of the involuntary manslaughter trial of the singer's private physician, Dr Conrad Murray.

Ticket sales were also poor, with 10,000 seats still available the night before the concert. A number of key acts, such as the Black Eyed Peas and Jennifer Hudson, also pulled out at the last minute.
Wesley Noorhoff, president of a Dutch Michael Jackson fan club, said that for all those reasons, the show should not have been held.
'If you do a tribute to Michael, it has to be the best there is, just like Michael,' he said.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/878124...-as-x-factor-karaoke-by-critics#ixzz1aO40FexQ

Michael Forever tribute concert, official event merchandise now online + souvenir prog, mugs. get them here bit.ly/oJdKNu #mj

I think the 'King of Pop' is trademark, but it isn't by the estate. If I recall correctly, there was some issue with that several days after Michael died. It was because Michael never trademark the title itself and someone else was able to do it. So, I don't think the estate can sue for that.

'king of Pop' is trademarked by the estate

I think the 'King of Pop' is trademark, but it isn't by the estate. If I recall correctly, there was some issue with that several days after Michael died. It was because Michael never trademark the title itself and someone else was able to do it. So, I don't think the estate can sue for that.

Estate owns the trademark

Word Mark:KING OF POP
Status/
Status Date:
FIRST EXTENSION - GRANTED5/6/2011
Serial Number:77806360
Filing Date:8/17/2009
Registration Number:NOT AVAILABLE
Registration Date:NOT AVAILABLE
Goods and Services:Musical sound recordings; audiovisual recordings featuring music and musical entertainment; motion picture films featuring music and musical entertainment; computer application software for mobile phones; downloadable ring tones and graphics for mobile phones; downloadable image and graphics files featuring display screen backgrounds or wallpapers, widgets, icons and photographs; downloadable podcasts in the field of music; downloadable electronic publications in the nature of books, magazines,
Mark Description:NOT AVAILABLE
Type Of Mark:TradeMark
Published For Opposition Date:9/28/2010
Last Applicant/Owner:TRIUMPH INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Los Angeles, CA 900676406
Why is this contact information displayed?
Mark Drawing Code:Standard Character Mark
Design Search:(NO DATA)
Register Type:Principal
Disclaimer:(NOT AVAILABLE)
Correspondent:JEFFREY M. SMITH
GREENBERG TRAURIG, LLP
3290 NORTHSIDE PKWY NW STE 400
ATLANTA, GA 30327-2268

'king of Pop' is trademarked by the estate

very true

well we know that the Estate has NOTHING to do with this tribute concert,,,they have made that clear numerous times....so I hope that they are on top of this. This is crazy they continue to use the name MJ and they KNOW that they are not entitled to. I think the Estate may be calling them out on this soon....they are gonna want to know the charitable proceeds are from this concert.

Estate owns the trademark

Word Mark:KING OF POP
Status/
Status Date:
FIRST EXTENSION - GRANTED5/6/2011
Serial Number:77806360
Filing Date:8/17/2009
Registration Number:NOT AVAILABLE
Registration Date:NOT AVAILABLE
Goods and Services:Musical sound recordings; audiovisual recordings featuring music and musical entertainment; motion picture films featuring music and musical entertainment; computer application software for mobile phones; downloadable ring tones and graphics for mobile phones; downloadable image and graphics files featuring display screen backgrounds or wallpapers, widgets, icons and photographs; downloadable podcasts in the field of music; downloadable electronic publications in the nature of books, magazines,
Mark Description:NOT AVAILABLE
Type Of Mark:TradeMark
Published For Opposition Date:9/28/2010
Last Applicant/Owner:TRIUMPH INTERNATIONAL, INC.
Los Angeles, CA 900676406
Why is this contact information displayed?
Mark Drawing Code:Standard Character Mark
Design Search:(NO DATA)
Register Type:Principal
Disclaimer:(NOT AVAILABLE)
Correspondent:JEFFREY M. SMITH
GREENBERG TRAURIG, LLP
3290 NORTHSIDE PKWY NW STE 400
ATLANTA, GA 30327-2268

very true

Thanks, so I was partly right. Michael himself never copyrighted the name, the estate had to do it themselves. I remember that being an issue after he died because several people got around the Michael Jackson trademark by saying 'King of Pop' because Michael wasn't prideful himself to make his title official.

Yeah, they filed for the KOP registration on my birthday! I always knew Michael and I were meant to be together. LOL.

Tweeted the info the estate

"...Referring specifically to Beyonce's performance, which was done via a poor-quality satellite connection, she added: 'If you wanted to watch Beyonce on video link, you could do it on YouTube.'"

I'd just like to add that Beyonce's performance wasn't via any kind of satellite link (poor quality or otherwise).
It was pre-recorded before the event and clips from the performance were used during the Odeon cinema chain's concert preview video (I posted a link to the video before the concert).
It was recorded in perfect quality and I don't see any reason why there would be quality issues during the concert. I wasn't there but have read many reports and the vast majority of them have been very positive, and I'm glad that's the case.​

I sent them dm about 10minutes ago,,,,they may not answer it today seeing as it is a holiday.

they shouldn't be affected by the holiday. It's just a federal holiday meaning that government offices such as courts and post offices are closed. The rest of USA is pretty much working. I know I am working :)

Thanks for posting all the photos and info re the concert. Poor Blanket. It might be the black suit but he looked like he as being led to the scaffold! Perhaps being on the stage infront of the sea of people brought back memories of the memorial. Whoever's bright idea it was to have him say something rather than just stand there, should be shot. Prince and paris looked poised but don't anyone tell me that they understand all the ramifications of this fame thing. It's not something they can turn on and off when they want - once they get into that spotlight and they're a little older they'll be fair game and the media will be merciless with them. That's why i don't think there has been any public media concern at their over-exposure esp in contrast to their lives pre-june 09. I'm sure the media can't wait for a time when they can continue their viscious anti-mj agenda using his children.

Also, i think it was v v tacky to have the children introduce the one act that couldn't make the effort to actually travel to wales to honour their father. No one can doubt that the children's introd was a deal between global live and beyonce#s management to secure a video segment from an a-lister for the concert. And to have mj's own children say that beyonce is the torch bearer for mj is so self-serving as it is so apparent that bey is determined to be seen on mj's level.

Bizarre_04_1389000a.jpg

That t-shirt! sigh....

article-2046937-0E4B3B1B00000578-649_634x450.jpg
Writhing around: Christina Aguilera was surrounded by topless, tattooed men for her routine at the Welsh venue

Topless,tattoed men.What a tribute for Michael.

another comment

419717481.png

One of my all time fave songs "Stranger in Moscow" performed by Leona Lewis

[youtube]F1MSfjKH_YM[/youtube]

Dearest ivy, thank you for posting reviews, videos, pictures, etc. You are awesome! :clap:

Pffft. Honour to Michael. I honour him more than that in my house.

I am very happy that this nightmare is over. :fear: I do not understand why the left Estate ??this tribute to move on. :unsure:

Just got threw the thread and I have to say my heart goes out to Blanket.

People need to stop tweeting those kids. Let them be. They love the attention and spotlight. I don't know, I just feel like everything Michael taught them about privacy and other things in life is slipping away. I don't live with them to know for sure, but the way Prince and Paris strutted on that stage for that tribute....yeah. The execs at Disney are probably creating a show just for Paris at this minute...I can see it.

Blanket might have a better chance if Grace was still in his life or if these kids were with Diana Ross or The Cascios but the way things are going, even if Kate dies, LaToya will step in. If someone doesn't step in to put some order and privacy and dicipline with these kids right now this moment - they're gone. I can see Blanket going too.

I hope this is the last of the tributes. It is enough already.

I have a feeling that this is going to happen, unfortunately. :(

Disclaimer: Watch at your own risk!

:hysterical:

:puke:

La To:censored:...
angfw5.gif

latoya-88.jpg
well.. I guess the picture speaks for itself.

OMG! :ph34r: :fear:

Keep it in the closet

:lol: :fear:

Michael's eyes.... :girl_sigh: :wub:

article-2046937-0E4B3B1B00000578-649_634x450.jpg
Writhing around: Christina Aguilera was surrounded by topless, tattooed men for her routine at the Welsh venue

Topless,tattoed men.What a tribute for Michael.

:fear:

She's fat. :eek: What happened? :unsure:

3T - Why

Smokey Robinson

Cee Lo Green

AAVoe.png

i only watched a youtube video that PPB were coming to the stage and poor Blanket was forced to say something and than Paris said a statement about her dady. even only this video made me sick. i didn't read your comments my friends yet, but i'm sure most of us feel bad about that "tribute". i also saw very few photos and i go "what a tribute????"

Blanket... oh my dear Blanket... :cry: i'm sure Michael would never ever let this thing. Blanket is too little, too young. also it seems that he was not happy being there.. Was he criying there or did i see it wrongly???

Paris and Prince are teenagers. they look stronger than Blanket, maybe.... but especially Paris looks like a big target for the "industry". i know Michael would let them free about their lives but it's not the true time i think. Mother Katherine should be more and more careful for her especially. i don't know, their presence on the satge made me worried about these kids futures. Diana Ross should be with them always, not LaToya. Yes, i know she is their aunt, but she is not a good role model for them. if she was, Michael would choose her after his mother Katherine, not Diana Ross. So, these kids must spend their more times with Diana and Katherine who Michael trusts.

i don't want to say more things before watching more videos and if i said wrong or unproper things, please don't hesitate warning me my dear friends.

but i have to say that this "tribute" was.... oh God it looks horrifying and disgusting.

Michael and this thing... OMG!!! i cannot use Michael's name and this thing in the same statement..

with L.O.V.E.

ps:sorry for my poor English and all of my mistakes.

Oh GOD :cry: this photo killed me now :cry: :cry: oh God, no!!!!! i cannot believe in all these things. where are you Michael? :cry: :cry: Blanket needs you, i need you, all of us need you, whole world need you!!!! :cry: :cry: oh God, his tears are dropping into my heart. :cry: :cry: my dear baby Blanket :cry: :cry: it's too much for such a little kid :cry: :cry: oh my God... Michael... Michael, i miss you so much :cry:

please, "some" family members, please stop using these little kids. please.... :cry: :cry:

they shouldn't be affected by the holiday. It's just a federal holiday meaning that government offices such as courts and post offices are closed. The rest of USA is pretty much working. I know I am working :)

me too..:)......they never did dm me back today either...:(

Back