MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

And that will hurt a lot when they realize.... :(

Yes :( But then it will teach them to watch their back when they are older, and where the family is concerned.

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

I thought nobody was allowed to use the name and/or likeness of Michael. There is a musical called "Forever King of Pop" in Spain and of course, it is sponsored by the Jackson Family Foundation.

This musical started sometime this year and it'll go until 2012. The tour in Spain starts in Sep'11 and the start date for other countries in Europe is Jan.6. Fans get 25% discount on certain dates. I think this musical started sometime in July'11.

How is it that the estate is not doing anything about this?

Here is the link: http://www.foreverkingofpop.net/

I thought nobody was allowed to use the name and/or likeness of Michael. There is a musical called "Forever King of Pop" in Spain and of course, it is sponsored by the Jackson Family Foundation.

This musical started sometime this year and it'll go until 2012. The tour in Spain starts in Sep'11 and the start date for other countries in Europe is Jan.6. Fans get 25% discount on certain dates. I think this musical started sometime in July'11.

:puke:

I did not know that! :eek: :doh: And there are a lot of pictures of Joe there: http://foreverkingofpop.net/fotos.php

:no:

Please send to the Estate. MJJC please send to the Estate. It's time to clamp down on these thugs.

Last edited:
Ben;3462224 said:
A few fans on the FB page asked about the songs that can be covered at the concert, because of the letter from the Estate. Of course, no answer. Except for this, which made me laugh, I admit :

[h=6]Michael Forever Tribute asked Of these, Which is your favourite Jackson 5 song? [/h]<form rel="async" id="question_poll208128142578513" action="/ajax/questions/polls/save.php" method="post">
<input name="option_id" value="240589929312456" class="mts" id="u846114_1" type="radio">I Want You Back

<input name="option_id" value="153530758063608" class="mts" id="u846114_3" type="radio">ABC

<input name="option_id" value="100684240035469" class="mts" id="u846114_5" type="radio">I'll Be There

<input name="option_id" value="246494632050039" class="mts" id="u846114_7" type="radio">Other

<tbody>
</tbody>
</form>

<a href="http://www.facebook.com/questions/208128142578513/?qa_ref=ssp"><abbr title="Friday, August 19, 2011 at 3:08pm" data-date="Fri, 19 Aug 2011 06:08:43 -0700" class="timestamp livetimestamp">8 hours ago</abbr> · Follow · Ask Friends

That's actually sad. They want people to pay exorbitant prices just to see some second-rated singers sing J5 songs? Plus, since when have they secured the rights to use these songs? The Jacksons in their head still think that they own anything connected to MJ. They still have not learned.

Tickets to go on sale next week , but I still won't rule a cancellation. All registrations aren't going to translate into sales, and sales can prove to be poor especially in light of recent events. Let's see.

20 August 2011 Last updated at 10:24 GMT

Michael Jackson Cardiff tickets to go on sale

Tickets for the Michael Jackson tribute in Cardiff will go on sale next week despite further criticism of the event, its UK-based promotion consultant says.

Paul King said the plan was for tickets to go on sale to the general public at 09:00 BST on Wednesday morning.

On Friday music website Stereoboard UK branded the gig "a damp squib" and cast doubt on whether it would still take place.

But Mr King insisted: "The concert is very much going ahead."

The 8 October Michael Forever concert at the Millennium Stadium was announced by producers Global Live Events on Monday 25 July but has since been dogged by controversy.

Despite reports that Jackson's mother Katherine, his sister La Toya and brothers Tito, Marlon and Jackie, were endorsing the event, the late singer's other brothers Jermaine and Randy labelled it "inappropriate" and "ill-timed".

On Thursday news that rock band Kiss had been dropped from the bill, after branding the star a child abuser, prompted Jermaine Jackson to say: "This mishandling reinforces my view that this promoter is getting it all wrong."

In response Global Events Live chief executive Chris Hunt called the Kiss booking an "oversight".

And in an article published on its website Stereoboard UK claimed:

• the largest Michael Jackson online fan forum was calling on fans to boycott the show
  • the ticket process had been poorly advertised and handled, with the registration process extended for a further 72 hours
  • the line-up was akin to "a glorified X-Factor winner's show"
  • the signing up and subsequent dropping of Kiss from the billing was a "blunder"
"When you look at all of the facts and take everything in to consideration, it's more than fair that the fans aren't happy with the promoters or the concert," said the article.

"What could have been spectacular now seems like a damp squib. Poorly executed and without the necessary support from the estate needed to make it a success."

Global Live has been asked to respond to these criticisms.

Mr King, who said he had recently been brought on board with the event to look after advertising and the physical production of the show, responded to claims of poor advertising of ticket sales.

"There was never meant to be any advertising until the tickets went on sale," he said.

"The [online] registration process was meant to allow hard core fans a chance to buy tickets first."

Mr King confirmed: "The tickets will be going on sale next week.

"The registration process closes at midnight on Sunday and we are hoping to process all registrations within a 24-hour period.

"The current plan is for tickets to go on sale to the general public at 9am on Wednesday morning."

When contacted about the criticism labelled at the concert a spokeswoman for the Millennium Stadium responded said: "It's not a concern that we have.

"We continue to do what we need to do behind the scenes to deliver the concert."

Christina Aguilera and Leona Lewis are due to take part in the show.

Other stars set to appear include Cee Lo Green, Smokey Robinson, boy band JLS and Jackson's nephews 3T.

Michael Jackson, who died in June 2009 aged 50 while rehearsing for his This Is It tour, was cleared of child molestation in 2005.

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-14598325
Love the reference to MJJC :)

Oh, of course, that's what they had planned all along.... Silly us!

Of course they'll still sell the ticket, they have to get some money, then wait for the bank interest to rise then cancel, then wait again a little month to get more bank interest, then refund and keep the interests...
(Or offer you to keep your ticket as a souvenir :ninja: )

That's correct, they are not supposed to use his name and/or likeness. So far, the Estate has mostly given these endeavors by the Jackson family "a pass" (i.e. the Estate has overlooked it), because Katherine and/or Joseph tend to be "out-front," promoting these types of things. Sadly, the family often also uses Michael's CHILDREN as a selling point. (I'm sure the Estate has not wanted to go after Katherine or Joseph because these people are Michael's PARENTS, or they would have shut these things down already.)

The Estate has seemed to be quite responsive to fans, and I'm SURE they have "people" who read here and keep track of fan reactions. This time, it appears that MOST fans are disgusted with the transparency of the proposed concert in Wales, i.e. using Katherine to promote yet another money-making venture using Michael's "name/likeness." So, this time might be different, depending on whether or not the Wales event is canceled? And that might now also apply to other, similar, events?

MJJC and other fan-clubs and sites (such as M.J.A.N.) have taken strong positions about the impropriety of the Wales concert, and I'm SURE the Estate is aware of all these "Jackson activities." Enough really IS enough, and the Jacksons can't hide behind Katherine, or Joseph, forever!

So they are making money off Michael after all. It seems they are more careful in the US, but go to nonEnglish speaking countries to make money off Michael. What a low down bunch.

Money...
Lie for it
Spy for it
Kill for it
Die for it
So you call it trust
But I say it's just
In the devil's game
Of greed and lust
They don't care
They'd do me for the money
They don't care
They use me for the money
So you go to church
Read the Holy word
In the scheme of life
It's all absurd

I see those lyrics in a whole different light these days.

So the tickets going on sale next week means the registration ends then as they anounced last week that it would.or have they changed everything yet again and now u can buy next week like u would for any normal concert

^^When he wrote his songs he knew what he was thinking about. He was certainly not nieve about how others use and abuse him.

So the FB admn have changed their description :

Katherine Jackson is delighted to announce Michael Forever, the ultimate tribute concert to the king of pop
A spectacular tribute concert on Saturday 8th October 2011 to be held at Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

Acts performing their own hits as well as Michael&#8217;s biggest hits include

3T
Alexandra Burke
Alien Ant Farm
Cee Lo Green
Christina Aguilera
Craig David
Diversity
Jackson Brothers
JLS
Leona Lewis
Pixie Lott
Smokey Robinson

.... stay tuned for some big announcements coming soon....

Like this page to get all the official announcements, as well as getting details on all our exclusive footage in the run up to the concert, including ticket giveaways!

^ enough of their big announcements. They've all been disastrous. Time for fans to make our OWN announcement: Boycott t this farce.

IMO the family are not only making money off Michael, but by doing so are stealing from his children.

Ben;3462576 said:
So the FB admn have changed their description :

Katherine Jackson is delighted to announce Michael Forever, the ultimate tribute concert to the king of pop
A spectacular tribute concert on Saturday 8th October 2011 to be held at Millennium Stadium, Cardiff

Acts performing their own hits as well as Michael&#8217;s biggest hits include

3T
Alexandra Burke
Alien Ant Farm
Cee Lo Green
Christina Aguilera
Craig David
Diversity
Jackson Brothers
JLS
Leona Lewis
Pixie Lott
Smokey Robinson

.... stay tuned for some big announcements coming soon....

Like this page to get all the official announcements, as well as getting details on all our exclusive footage in the run up to the concert, including ticket giveaways!

If I am going to a tribute for an artist, why the heck would I want to hear the guest artists' hits? Michael has a vast collection of classic and hidden gems that could easily fill four hours. They are either saying we don't want to pay the estate because we want to air this on DVD or pay-per-view or the artists we currently have can't or won't sing nothing but the well known songs.

IMO the family are not only making money off Michael, but by doing so are stealing from his children.

Right. All money that the family makes through using Michael's "image and/or likeness, and NAME," and that is not money made by the Estate, FOR the children, is, in fact, STEALING from the children. Does anyone really think any potential proceeds made from the doomed Wales concert, will actually go TO the children? Pretty sure, the children won't get ANY of it.

The musical started in 2010 and has been touring the country since then.I think only recently they got the support of the Jackson Family Foundation and they flaunt that association as if that makes the show something "official" now.From what I heard,the promoters wanted to bring Thriller Live to Spain,but they thought it was too expensive,so they decided to organise their own show instead.
But this is not the main reason why it's been polemic around here.One of the main performers has been very disrespectful towards Michael in the past and many fans were/still are disgusted he was chosen for this project.

Going back to the subject,I can't believe this farce is still going forward,cancel it already! >.

Yep they are..but I'm sure they try to rationalize it.. :doh:

Last edited:

So the tickets going on sale next week means the registration ends then as they anounced last week that it would.or have they changed everything yet again and now u can buy next week like u would for any normal concert

Yeah, they start selling all the unsold tickets on Weds next week....but if they are mainly high priced ones, I can't see the 'general public' going for them in a big way.

I haven't tried to register....but I doubt there was a registration section asking 'are you an MJ fan or a general member of the public?...if the latter please go away and come back next Weds'.:D:doh:

Edit: Just an afterthought...that probably means they are going to ask all of those who pre-registered to pay by Tuesday midnight?...or they won't know how many tickets are really unsold?

Last edited:

I dont think the family is worried about the kids, because they have sort of a communist way of seeing Michael's assets. Only his, by the way. How convenient.

Oh yeah, right. The others have none. My bad.

Last edited:

I guess the other acts have to sing their own songs cause they cant sing any of mj written songs without permission from the estate.so that doesnt leave a huge amount of well known mj songs to pick from.

So if the tiks are going on gen sale on wed they havnt got enough registared ppl to buy all of them then.and like is said above. are the ppl who pre registared supposed to buy their ticket on tuesday or they will lose them and they will go in the gen sale.so much for finding out a few days before the show if u have a tik. Seems to me they have pretty much scraped the pre registration as no one has signed up and they are just putting them on sale in a normal fashion to try and sell some

Right. All money that the family makes through using Michael's "image and/or likeness, and NAME," and that is not money made by the Estate, FOR the children, is, in fact, STEALING from the children. Does anyone really think any potential proceeds made from the doomed Wales concert, will actually go TO the children? Pretty sure, the children won't get ANY of it.
Well, they have that, uh, trust fund as consolation. So we don't have to worry about where the rest of the money goes. *cough*

Ah but don't forget they needed that handout because the nasty ole estate isn't giving them anything!

k21lba.jpg

Links : for picture http://i55.tinypic.com/k21lba.jpg

For PDF: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/3088807/open-letter-final-pdf-august-20-2011-1-43-pm-481k?da=y

Back