MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

I feel sorry for Michael's children the most .... this after being asked to make a speech and getting them excited about travelling to Whales for .... what appears to be a show already doomed.

Sad... :(

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

Oh, no this is just what alot of her fans are hoping for.

I really do not want anyone to sing Dirty Diana, but you could sway me if a guy sings it.

I feel sorry for the kids too. I wonder what they know about this. :(

I also wonder what the artists supposed to perform think about what's going on and the bad press this thing is getting more and more.

On another topic, DD : James Hetfield. I'm sure Metallica could do an amazing cover of that song. :p

If the estate ever organizes one, I personally think the best person to cover Dirty Diana would be Axl Rose of GNR
2qlg3r7.gif

If the estate ever organizes one, I personally think the best person to cover Dirty Diana would be Axl Rose of GNR
2qlg3r7.gif

Good suggestion. I think a guy with some good emotion can really do it justice. This is one of my favorite songs and I am over protective about it.

Let's be realistic .... who is going to fly to Whales .... spend money on an airticket, accommodation and the steep ticket price to see the advertised line-up?

Then when there .... you cannot even buy a t-shirt, or any other MJ memorabilia due to restrictions from the Estate.

I mean .... do they think we are mad?

I'd rather fly to Canada and see all Michael's music and dance moves honored in the Cirque du Soleil's Immortal Tour.

efef1e1fbb0835e565c7121a59c37e87-1.png

Then I'd get my MJ fix and know Michael was being represented well ... and his legacy was being shared with the new generation .... :)

But this Tribute ....

NO THANKS !!!!

Last edited:

I think that reporter has been reading our board!

That show was a GIFT Michael gave to his family, and after that I'm quite sure he never intended to perform with his brothers, AGAIN. As you watch the video, does anyone look at ANYONE other than Michael? (I'd say, probably not?). The Jackson brothers had every opportunity to branch out on their own, and to craft solo-careers. Instead, they kept dropping rumors about J5 "Reunion" tours. It was NEVER going to happen. The J5 were CHILDREN. All are grown-up now, and music has moved on (although it's great to listen to the old songs, sometimes).

I truly hope the fiasco that is/was the Tribute show, is finally a wake-up call to the family, to take care of THEMSELVES!
The brothers, other than Tito couldn't hold their own. BTW, Michael was fabulous as always :)

wow what a shame...............
I also feel sorry for the kids. They were not just used again. I can't image how disappointed they are now.
They better just cancel it ASAP before making more jokes.

Well we all know that reports and Jermaine find their information here. Remember the statement about using the kids, it came from here and other fan boards. Today is Friday so I guess no news until next week. What are the Wales fans saying about the tribute?

A few fans on the FB page asked about the songs that can be covered at the concert, because of the letter from the Estate. Of course, no answer. Except for this, which made me laugh, I admit :

[h=6]Michael Forever Tribute asked Of these, Which is your favourite Jackson 5 song? [/h]<form rel="async" id="question_poll208128142578513" action="/ajax/questions/polls/save.php" method="post">
<input name="option_id" value="240589929312456" class="mts" id="u846114_1" type="radio">I Want You Back

<input name="option_id" value="153530758063608" class="mts" id="u846114_3" type="radio">ABC

<input name="option_id" value="100684240035469" class="mts" id="u846114_5" type="radio">I'll Be There

<input name="option_id" value="246494632050039" class="mts" id="u846114_7" type="radio">Other

<tbody>
</tbody>
</form>

<a href="http://www.facebook.com/questions/208128142578513/?qa_ref=ssp"><abbr title="Friday, August 19, 2011 at 3:08pm" data-date="Fri, 19 Aug 2011 06:08:43 -0700" class="timestamp livetimestamp">8 hours ago</abbr> · Follow · Ask Friends

Ben;3462224 said:
A few fans on the FB page asked about the songs that can be covered at the concert, because of the letter from the Estate. Of course, no answer. Except for this, which made me laugh, I admit :

[h=6]Michael Forever Tribute asked Of these, Which is your favourite Jackson 5 song? [/h]<form rel="async" id="question_poll208128142578513" action="/ajax/questions/polls/save.php" method="post">
<input name="option_id" value="240589929312456" class="mts" id="u846114_1" type="radio">I Want You Back

<input name="option_id" value="153530758063608" class="mts" id="u846114_3" type="radio">ABC

<input name="option_id" value="100684240035469" class="mts" id="u846114_5" type="radio">I'll Be There

<input name="option_id" value="246494632050039" class="mts" id="u846114_7" type="radio">Other

<tbody>
</tbody>
</form>

<a href="http://www.facebook.com/questions/208128142578513/?qa_ref=ssp"><abbr title="Friday, August 19, 2011 at 3:08pm" data-date="Fri, 19 Aug 2011 06:08:43 -0700" class="timestamp livetimestamp">8 hours ago</abbr> · Follow · Ask Friends

Yeah :lol: saw that too! If we write ''Blame it on the boogie'', maybe jermaine will suddenly change his mind and come sing his NEW SINGLE! ;)

^^So people will buy tickets to hear only these pre-1980 songs? Tell the fans to turn on their radios to the oldies stations and they will get the same effect.

Only a lot cheaper...

Yeah cheaper, and they could ask the neighbors to make a lot of noise to have that crowd cheering effect.

Any tweets from "follow the money Latoya"

Yeah cheaper, and they could ask the neighbors to make a lot of noise to have that crowd cheering effect.

You are cracking me up. :lmao:

^^So people will buy tickets to hear only these pre-1980 songs? Tell the fans to turn on their radios to the oldies stations and they will get the same effect.

If people pay those high ticket prices and they only feature pre-80 songs, Chris and his merry men better be prepared to go into witness protection after that concert.

Ben;3462224 said:

Michael Forever Tribute asked Of these, Which is your favourite Jackson 5 song?

<form rel="async" id="question_poll208128142578513" action="http://www.mjjcommunity.com/ajax/questions/polls/save.php" method="post">

<tbody>
</tbody>

</form>

:eek:

You're kidding :blink: ... I do not believe there are fans who approve this tribute crap. :puke: Surreal what is happening. :doh: *big sigh*

And the silence continues.... :perrin:

Then when there .... you cannot even buy a t-shirt, or any other MJ memorabilia due to restrictions from the Estate.

Joseph and Dieter are planning something about that, I bet.

If people pay those high ticket prices and they only feature pre-80 songs, Chris and his merry men better be prepared to go into witness protection after that concert.

Ha I love this^^. Thank you.

So Latoya is having a lovely day after making a fan-wide mess. Thank God for self-control.

Joseph can use the MJ logo to make some cheap merchandise since Michael lost the rights--pity.

Ha I love this^^. Thank you.

So Latoya is having a lovely day after making a fan-wide mess. Thank God for self-control.

Joseph can use the MJ logo to make some cheap merchandise since Michael lost the rights--pity.

LOL, They always tweet some random crap like nothing is wrong.

Latoya - mostly tweets about being in some restaurant, meeting or salon

Tito (bless him) - almost always about it being 'Tito time,' whatever the heck that means

Jackie - usually about the game on TV tonight, working out, feeding his cat and memories from the J5 days

Jermaine - normally does not stick to a few select topics, and I hate to say this, but is the only one who addresses controversy. It's not without an ulterior motive though. He addresses issues in his or his family's defense, and to make himself out to be the 'good guy.' Remember folks, he has a book to sell.

Rest assured no matter what goes down, you will find Latoya, Tito and Jackie tweeting the same stale stories about meetings, tito's time and sports.

Thank you MJJC for statement sent to estate, and to Ivy for information provided in this brilliant thread, I've enjoyed reading the many well written posts in here (wasn't able to skip a single page) well done every one. I whole heartedly hope this mess is abandoned, and there will never be another atempt by any family member. Oh! and word to the Bad....I don't trust you Jermaine, it's hard to trust any of you anymore.

Jackie - usually about the game on TV tonight, working out, feeding his cat and memories from the J5 days

I like how he writes bout feeding his cat, very cute

I think that reporter has been reading our board!

Why am i not surprised! grr

^^ I think the poster is referring to the interview with Katherine Jackson when she did not know the name of the gentleman next to her.

Oh ok thanks

wow what a shame...............
I also feel sorry for the kids. They were not just used again. I can't image how disappointed they are now.
They better just cancel it ASAP before making more jokes.

I feel sorry for them too. Hopefully incidents like this will make the children realize, sooner than later what that family has always been about - money.

Back