MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

September 6th? Why this date? :unsure:

No idea... a month before the show, 2 days before the jury selection starts, a day before 2 year funeral, maybe they'll feel guilty... :ninja:

Last edited:
Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

tbh Leona Lewis is somewhat popular as well

yes she is...but..we can always turn on our radios to hear her..:D :ninja:

No idea... a month before the show, 2 days before the jury selection starts, a day before 2 year funeral, maybe they'll feel guilty... :ninja:

:fear:

I doubt it. The family is a mess. They are really suffering from some mental sanity. What is happening is not normal.... everything is completely crazy. :(

yes she is...but..we can always turn on our radios to hear her..:D :ninja:

:lol:

I wonder where Janet is in all this hot mess. Not heard a peep from her about it have we? Correct me if I'm wrong.

Aslong as they dint involve her she doest seem to give a damn about how they use mj and the kids.after all shes next in line if the using of mj stops.so im sure shes quite happy to sit back and say and do nothing as long as they leave her out of their mess

Pretty much.:yes: and I would go further to add that if this concert does see the light of day you won't be seeing her there let alone participating. She's gonna keep herself far away from this given she's just now getting back some momentum in the music biz and does'nt want the negativity.

I don't know what Janet is thinking to be honest. I don't mean that in a bad way. Is she still touring during the trial or will she be able to attend some days? I wouldn't blame her if she kept her distance. I know I would stay away from this mess.

I don't know what Janet is thinking to be honest. I don't mean that in a bad way. Is she still touring during the trial or will she be able to attend some days? I wouldn't blame her if she kept her distance. I know I would stay away from this mess.

Janet has no tour dates between September 1st and October 18th.

I think he was either a guest performer or an opening act for someone on that day. he definitely didn't sell those tickets out by his own.

First off thanks for correcting me about 3T. I just assume it was the UK.

Yeah they were popular along time ago and I'm not sure if that fanbase still holds nor do I really care. However, most fans still see them as good people. Especially the fans who agree with them with the whole album fiasco. I won't comment on that last part since that would just opened a hornets net, but they have a good rep overall and their old fanbase may want to see them after so much time has pass. If Tito is to be trusted, I am personal neutral, he says that every time he goes to Europe their fans asked when are they going to tour again or when is their next album.

I think you may be right about Tito, but I am too lazy to check the reality show. I do remember Mrs. Knight being an honor guest, but I don't know if the Jacksons invited her or if she perform. In either case people enjoyed his performance and from what little I've seen it was much better than Jermaine's recent shows. Most because Tito doesn't try to sing Michael's parts.

I agree with both you and elusive that the Jacksons alone could never sell a 75,000 arena or even a 30,000. However, they do have a reasonable fanbase much like allot of oldie acts. Think OJs, Osmonds, or any old Motown group.

Although I think the Osmonds got the better end of the reverie oldie act compare to the Jacksons. They had a great reunion show in Vagas a couple of years ago and they actually seem to get along.

I was on a Christina Aguilera board and I didn't see her fans overwhelmingly saying they were going to buy tickets to this thing. Alot of them were just excited to see her be part of this because they so want to see her sing Dirty Diana, but as more info comes out more and more fans are expressing concern about the line-up.

Woah hold up!!!!.....christina is going to sing "dirty diana" for the tribute concert? :eek: that would be cool

Woah hold up!!!!.....christina is going to sing "dirty diana" for the tribute concert? :eek: that would be cool

Oh, no this is just what alot of her fans are hoping for.

Oh, no this is just what alot of her fans are hoping for.

Oh ok im a fan of hers too and it would be cool to hear her sing that. But i reckon maybe keep the faith or one of mj's real gospel type songs might be better for her.

Re: MJJCommunity Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / All Tribute discussion

OMG!!! she leaned in to ask, "what is your name"....?

Tito was supporting act for gladys knight when she did a tour here. I remember that because they bought her that handbag as a gift lol.

It's more and more obvious this is planed as an event for an audience for the UK. Being neither in the US or the UK, I think no one in Europe cares about 3T or the Jackson brothers tbh (sorry Jerm, you should have checked before planing a release in France); as for the rest of the line up, remove Xtina and the artists are complete strangers. Even Smokey, except for older people (like me lol).

I don't think this was PLANNED as a UK based event (beyond chosing a Welsh venue - WHY?!?). Don't forget they promised the world's greatest performers at the initial press conference, which to me suggests massive global artists which would appeal to a global audience. It's all gone slightly wrong, and just about the only performers they can get happen to be UK based artists (e.g. UK X Factor contestants) and has-beens (Alien Ant Farm, Xtina, Smokey etc). They haven't been able to secure the type of artists they originally promised (and hoped to get).
I have been thinking about the Estate doing a tribute and I suspect that they will eventually hold an OFFICAL MJ tribute event, but because this family-run tribute has been based in the UK I doubt the MJ Estate will choose the UK for theirs. It's not a good thought for UK fans because before this mess, I was certain the official tribute would be held at the O2 arena in London. It seemed like the logical place as MJ was supposed to be perforing there.

as for Tito's Russian performances, I posted about it some time ago in 2300 Jackson Street http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/threads/117588-Tito-doing-a-Michael-Jackson-show-in-Russia

Didn't know he had another show in St.Petersberg though.

and it won't be Tito's show. The show is called "The Ultimate Thriller" and there will be an MJ look-alike, so you can imagine what it'll be about.

I would imagine that the Cardiff venue is cheaper than the O2. As for the international stars they promised, well GL have lied from the get go but saying this has taken many months to plan, this smacks to me of being thrown together at the last minute. I don't think they have any choice but to target the UK audience, I can't see anybody, even from the rest of Europe,
wanting to pay for travel and accommodation without knowing for sure that they have a ticket!

If this wasn't so sad it would be very funny. How many more ways can they disrespect Michael? And all that in the middle of the one and only opportunity to bring the man that took him from us to justice.

On the other hand, this "tribute" has so far been such a public disaster...I don't think no other Jackson will ever want to mount another tribute to MJ.

Which is a very good thing.

For a while now, I've been telling of how little respect the music players have for the Jacksons. Their difficulty to attract contemporary & stronger acts pretty much pros what I have been hearing for several years now.

The Jacksons are music royalty only in their head. The major players (publicists, Managers, lawyers, Agents, A&R etc) had started separating MJ from the family since the Victory Tour. This should serve as a wake up call...

Another positive thing, this fiasco has helped "legitimize" the estate within a fringe (but quite vocal) group of anti-Branca, anti-estate fans. I was shocked to read that Muzikfactory (their unofficial ringleader) has not only congratulated Branca for releasing the open letter to GLE, but she herself wrote an open letter to the estate asking them to do all in their power to shut the tribute down.

Anyone who knows this person 2-year crusade against Branca, the fake will & the estate, must have taken a double look...... I know I did

Last edited:

I don't think this was PLANNED as a UK based event (beyond chosing a Welsh venue - WHY?!?). Don't forget they promised the world's greatest performers at the initial press conference, which to me suggests massive global artists which would appeal to a global audience. It's all gone slightly wrong, and just about the only performers they can get happen to be UK based artists (e.g. UK X Factor contestants) and has-beens (Alien Ant Farm, Xtina, Smokey etc). They haven't been able to secure the type of artists they originally promised (and hoped to get).
I have been thinking about the Estate doing a tribute and I suspect that they will eventually hold an OFFICAL MJ tribute event, but because this family-run tribute has been based in the UK I doubt the MJ Estate will choose the UK for theirs. It's not a good thought for UK fans because before this mess, I was certain the official tribute would be held at the O2 arena in London. It seemed like the logical place as MJ was supposed to be perforing there.

I'm beginning to believe the concert WAS initially planned as a UK event. But their ability to secure the Jacksons involvement changed the scope.

I think what Jermaine said about Global telling the family they were going to do the show with or without their support could be true now. Global very much could do a tribute to Michael without any of them involved. Just like has already been done for MJ and even any of us could do. We could put a street block club party together with amateurs and umbrella the event as our tribute to Michael.

Their tribute wouldn't even have to be one in the sense that all of MJ's songs would be sung by the artists. The artists could sing their own songs too, but do them in DEDICATION to Michael.

The Jacksons' backing is what legitimized everything. Global went to them with their "galaxy of stars" spiel and the family fell for it, helped along by LaToya possibly vouching for the company. (And the big bucks promised to them).

With the J's backing, the concert was in this beautiful new arena of possibilities, where they genuinely felt international
A-listers would line up and fans would come a running from around the world no matter what they charged for tickets.

If the family had said to Global, okay, do your show, but we will not support it no way, no how, Global's tribute and line up might have received attention in the UK, but globally it wouldn't have received anymore attention than our street block party's.

Last edited:

The Jacksons' backing is what legitimized everything. Global went to them with their "galaxy of stars" spiel and the family fell for it, helped along by LaToya possibly vouching for the company. (And the big bucks promised to them).

With the J's backing, the concert was in this beautiful new arena of possibilities, where they genuinely felt international
A-listers would line up and fans would come a running from around the world no matter what they charged for tickets.

If the family had said to Global, okay, do your show, but we will not support it no way, no how, Global's tribute and line up might have received attention in the UK, but globally it wouldn't have received anymore attention than our street block party's.

In full agreement. That's why I don't understand why Jermaine is putting all the blame on GLE. There's plenty of blame to go around....

How about the stadiums that were supposed to be booked in the US so that lucky americans could watch the show? Is that still planned? B/c we havent heard from that one in a while. :p

And is the line up final now? They won't last 4 hours with the people they have so far.

@Ben, Who knows, they seem to be making it up as they go along.

LOL They do, don't they? I wouldn't hire those guys to plan my birthday. smh

^^ I think the poster is referring to the interview with Katherine Jackson when she did not know the name of the gentleman next to her.

MICHAEL FOREVER TRIBUTE CONCERT: WILL TICKETS GO ONSALE? WILL THE GIG GO AHEAD?

Friday, 19 August 2011 Written by Elliott Batte

The situation with the Michael Jackson tribute concert ‘Michael Forever’ has finally reached a boiling point with fans, and many are now calling for the gig, set to take place on October 8th at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium, to be cancelled.

The concert has been dogged with criticism from all quarters. The timing of the event came under scrutiny from Michael’s brothers Jermaine and Randy Jackson, which was always going to result in some of the most militant of MJ fans refusing to attend and boycotting the event. Following blunder after blunder including the announcement of KISS being added and consequently removed from the line-up, as well as a very misleading charity donation scheme, it looks like the only fans who will be buying tickets will be JLS, Craig David and Christina Aguilera fans – great, but nothing to do with the main man himself. This concert currently looks more like T4 On The Beach than a tribute to the King of Pop.

Sharing that thought is the largest online Michael Jackson fan forum, which boasts thousands of members. The community site put out a statement this week saying that they didn’t support the concert, and they “urged” fans to boycott the gig. With such a large section of fans already turning on the organisers of the show, and the largest fan forum telling MJ lovers to boycott it, who is actually going to turn up?

The event’s official Facebook page won’t be bringing many more fans... it has around 3800 members - a good 68,000 short of the 72,000 tickets due to go on sale for the gig, with a large chunk of those 3800 people there solely to condemn and dispute the gig with the helpless admins. The registration process, bought in to give fans a “fairer chance” of getting hold of tickets, seem like overkill right now. Unfortunately for the promoters, tickets for Michael Forever seem to be about as desirable as a street riot.

In fact, the process of getting tickets has been so poorly advertised and handled, that it’s caused the registration period to be extended yet another 72 hours – days after they were initially forced to postpone the registration by a few days after the organisers failed to tell anyone who would actually be performing. Not to mention the fact that no-one really wants to spend a Kings Ransom to see another glorified X Factor lineup, jiggling around on stage for 4 hours.

And, as if the fans not supporting the concert wasn’t enough, Michael’s estate have also publicly made it known that they aren’t supporting the show either. They even published an open letter they wrote to Global Live Events for all to see, confirming that the organisers couldn’t use Michael’s name, image, songs or property during the event, which certainly puts any live global TV rights and merchandising in to serious doubt.

Now, I’m not an event organiser myself, but I know I’d have a tough time putting on a Michael Jackson tribute show without being able to even use his name, image, likeness or songs during the event. This is probably why the concert is called ‘Michael Forever’ – it doesn’t contain his full name because the organisers didn’t have the rights to use it. In fact, none of the official pages or sites for the show uses his full name or image. Don’t expect to get your hands on any event merchandise with the Michael Jackson name or Michael’s image on either.

So who DOES support Michael Forever? The supporters of the gig within the Jackson family are Katherine, Michael’s 81 year old mother, and a selection of Michael’s siblings – notably La Toya Jackson, Michael’s sister. She is a founder of a US-based media company called Ja-Tail – the company employs Paul Ring as President of Ja-Tail Interactive, and VP of the group’s Business Development. This is according to the Ja Tail website - (jatail.com/paul-ring). For those of you who don’t know, Paul Ring is also the US director of Global Live Events, the organiser of the concert. Could this be why La Toya is supporting the Michael Forever event? It has huge profit potential if it’s done right, as we pointed out in our previous feature.

And money is what the Jackson family need if reports are to be believed – the famous musical family are said to be in massive debt. Michael was believed to have died with over $400million debt, and although he continued to make millions of dollars after his passing, his family didn’t. Rumours are that some of the Jackson family now have normal, day-to-day jobs. Apparently, Tito Jackson plays shows with his blues band for just $500 a show, while Jackie set-up an Internet clothing business that unfortunately didn’t work out, and he’s struggled with money ever since. There are reports that Jermaine declared bankruptcy in 1995 and hasn’t earned significantly since then. Katherine Jackson, probably the biggest supporter of the show, has already received $100,000 payments in the form of trust funds for her children.

Putting all this together, it seems as though the Jackson family are simply in need of a huge pay day – and Michael Forever certainly has the potential to generate a ‘huge pay day’.

Putting the fans, the estate and the family aside, the concert still isn’t appealing to the general public. The line-up generally consists of UK talent show winners, obscure bands and has-beens - like a glorified X-Factor winner’s show. I didn’t know Michael personally, and again I’m no event organiser, but I am certainly confused at the addition of names like 90’s pop-group 3T, American rock band Alien Ant Farm, and Craig David (who hasn’t really done much since the days of ‘Rise and Fall’). No prizes for guessing how 3T got on the bill. And apparently, if you’ve been on a UK talent show, you’re almost guaranteed a spot headlining the Michael Forever concert – JLS, Alexandra Burke, Diversity and Leona Lewis will all be performing there too, and I’m 90% sure Michael or the majority of his family will have never heard of JLS or Alexandra Burke. Even the actual big names, like Christina Aguilera, and less so Smokey Robinson and Cee Lo Green, have relatively no allegiance to Michael Jackson, they don’t represent anything about him and, in the worlds of Global Live Events themselves, this concert is supposed to “remind everyone just how amazing a talent Jackson was.” Then again, they also described the gig as “the biggest and best concert in the world”.

When you look at all of the facts and take everything in to consideration, it’s more than fair that the fans aren’t happy with the promoters or the concert. What could have been spectacular now seems like a damp squib. Poorly executed and without the necessary support from the estate needed to make it a success. A quote from the promoters ticket registration terms and conditions says “Tickets for the Concert are expected to sell out very soon after they are put on sale.” However, it’s possibly more likely that tickets won’t see the light of day and the concert won’t even go ahead.

And with ticket prices ranging from £55 for restricted view upper tier seats, to £240 for the best seats in the venue, this may be good enough reason, during tough economical times, for many fans to reluctantly stay away from the event.

Will you be buying tickets for the gig? Can you even afford to go? Or will you be boycotting the show? Let us know your opinions on the Michael Forever concert in the comments below.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/167311/9

Michael Jackson Forever Tribute Concert Ticket Prices:

Premium Middle Tier - £240.00
Golden Circle Standing - £195.00
Standard Middle Tier - £175.00
Premium Upper Tier - £137.00
Pitch Standing + Upper Tier - £97.00
Standard Seated - £87.00
Restricted View - £55.00

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/167222/9

nice article

It is even more embarrassing.

Dang, that article was BRUTAL!

I was just saying the other day, that this "event" ONLY get's media attention when there is something negative to report. And that joint up above just wrapped up everything negative in a nice pretty bow.

The embarrassment continues!

Well, by comparison with Michael's concerts, this lineup will do just about what it says on the tin: ie “remind everyone just how amazing a talent Jackson was.” :smilerolleyes:

I wonder what the Tribute registration website feels like right now................
3eec829b.gif

1304618376_tumbleweed-gif.gif

I cannot believe this thing is still on...by the looks of it hopefully it will be shut down soon. Thank you for posting this article..:)

Back