MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

I have to agree. I personally believe that Katherine is not entirely blameless for the messes she always seems to find herself in. But if Jermaine thinks that she is being manipulated, then he needs to do something about it instead of complaining to Michael's fans on Twitter. Jermaine is the one who can fix this, not fans. This is all just my opinion.

Katherine is not being manipulated as implied. It's easier to accept an 81 year old grieving mother to be the victim of manipulation, but she behaved in this manner even in her 50's and 60's, and before she lost Michael. There is no excuse for her behaviour. If anyone believes she's being manipulated, what about Tito, Jackie and LaToya? So are they being manipulated too? Or are they perpetrators here? They are all in it together. The only people being manipulated are the fans of Michael.

Re: MJJC Official Statement about Michael Forever Tribute / Tribute discussion / Estate statement @p

I think LaToya was instrumental in brigning this mess to Katherine and the rest of the family. Would she care about a man who called her brother a peadophile performing at the event? Nah. She called Michael one, herself.

I'm not giving the other family members a free pass either. They are all able-minded adults. I don't believe that none of them knew Gene Simmon's comments.

So, La Toya was doing business with this guy before this fiasco. And she's the one who's always saying she wants justice for his brother, that he was killed for his catalogue, but she never talks about the one who killed him emotionally for his money.

There's no L.O.V.E. from this family to Michael.

as long as they are able and willing. they name their successors - the people that will take over after them.

I like that!!!! Thanks.

jermjackson5 Jermaine Jackson by mjsunflowerjj @

@MissChiviouss do ur homework. Global Live was planning this concert "with or without" the family when everyone was approached

jermjackson5 Jermaine Jackson by mjsunflowerjj @

@MissChiviouss do ur homework. Global Live was planning this concert "with or without" the family when everyone was approached

That doesn't even make sense.

If Global Live didn't have some of the family on board, they couldn't even dream of doing the concert without the estate. At least with the family, even though it would never be official no matter what they write, it would gain some support from the fans and the media. It's not like they could call it an 'official' Michael concert without either the family or the estate.

Jermaine is talking out of his butt again. No doubt trying to cover the family stupid mistake while making himself look good. Very self-serving.

That doesn't even make sense.

If Global Live didn't have some of the family on board, they couldn't even dream of doing the concert without the estate. At least with the family, even though it would never be official no matter what they write, it would gain some support from the fans and the media. It's not like they could call it an 'official' Michael concert without either the family or the estate.

Jermaine is talking out of his butt again. No doubt trying to cover the family stupid mistake while making himself look good. Very self-serving.

I agree.

Jermaine 1st! Congrats (well, he isn't one planning the event, so I'll still wait... but that's a start..) I think Jerm is reading the board and decided to be the 1st on something, since he's always been 2nd :ninja:

Thanks Jermaine. I am still not buying your book, though, but welcome to the good team for at least 1 hour. I know that after the hour is up you will do something stupid like doing a cover of Boogie. However, for now, you said something that we appreciate, and we hope you mean it from the heart. Now call the rest of the family and talk some sense into them, including "follow the money LaToya."

[h=1]Jermaine Jackson MJ Tribute Promoters Are Using My Mom[/h]
0816-jermain-jackson-bn.jpg

Jermaine Jackson believes the promoters of the Michael Jackson Tribute Concert are crassly taking advantage of an 81-year-old woman -- otherwise known as Katherine Jackson -- to "prop up its event."

Jermaine just went on a Twitter rant, claiming Global Live is using his mom. And, he's particularly pissed at Global Live for its initial decision to have KISS perform, given that Gene Simmons has publicly accused MJ of being a hardcore child molester.

Jermaine tweeted, "I'm appalled as all fans that Global Live booked an artist like KISS after all Gene Simmons had said about Michael. It doesn't matter KISS' invitation is revoked. This mishandling reinforces my view that this promoter is getting it all wrong..."
http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/16/jerma...-katherine-jackson-using-mother/#.Tksv1WF9uSo

So, La Toya was doing business with this guy before this fiasco. And she's the one who's always saying she wants justice for his brother, that he was killed for his catalogue
Did she ever mean any of that, or was it just another Jackson pose for publicity and to gain our sympathy?

Sigh.

jermjackson5 * Jermaine Jackson * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *by mjsunflowerjj * * * * * * * @ * * * * * * *
*** * * * * *@MissChiviouss do ur homework. Global Live was planning this concert "with or without" the family when everyone was approached
If they are they same people as work for LaToya's company, how could they have come out of nowhere like that? :smilerolleyes:

Well if they were going to do the concert with or without the family, the first thing they would have done was contact his estate. They never did, which suggests that they first approached the Jacksons. The Jacksons as usual said sure we can use Michael's name, music, pictures, anything, because he is our brother. We are family. Another scenario is that somebody said lets form a company so we can organize a concert using Michael's name to bring in the money. We are not going to put our name in the company because we don't want fans to know we are involved, but the sole purpose of the company will be to create this fake tribute.

I gotta say - you guys are great! I was away all day and came back and found that most of what I needed to say has been eloquently and forcefully said. Kudos to everyone.

At some point we are really going to have to discuss the dynamics within that family! It is some scary stuff. I understand that no matter how old you get your child is still your child. But as a child, when you realise that your mother is getting on in age and she still wants to look out for you at the detriment of herself, you say "NO! I can take care of things". These are big hard-back men and women (as we Bajans say) and it represensible if they are allowing their mother to shill for them and to pimp under-age children BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER.

It was ridiculous that Katherine Jackson had to run to the court for money days after Michael died because her electricity could be cut off WHEN SHE HAD EIGHT SURVIVING ADULT CHILDREN!!!!! That was a shameful thing. And if it was not true, then those same eight surviving children should be ashamed that they let their mother do it.

Jermaine talks about the promoters as though he is unaware that LaTonta has a hand in it. Maybe someone on twitter should send him the pics we have of Mr Ring! Then it can become a pissing contest between the two siblings as to who can use Michael most effectively and subtly.

And wasn't LaTonta frantically following the trail of the money so that she can bring Michael's true killers to justice? I suppose she COULD be multi-tasking but I highly doubt it!

As for that CNN interview and discussion -

Mr Ring was not even sure of the month that Michael passed! He THINKS it was in June!!!! WTF.

Velez-Mitchell had an interesting point about putting on a show. I remember LaTonta claiming that wearing all white was her idea! I am going to say something and it is gonna sound harsh - but that family stuck by Michael through that trial for what they thought they could get out of it the end. I do not doubt that after his acquittal it was a whole circus about how they were there for him when his friends abandoned him and that HE OWED THEM. I am sure that they felt betrayed when he left the country and did not get reach out to them. That was because Michael was no fool! "Watch the ones with the biggest smiles, the idle-jabbers ..."

At some point are going to get tired of the sobbing Katherine Jackson on TV. It is going to be 'get over it already. You're not the only one who lost a child.' When she has exhausted all of her cultural capital, things are really going to get ugly. Hold on, we are in for a bumpy ride.

PS Paul Ring and Jeffre better watch themselves. In a subsequent book they may well be accused of controlling LaTonta!

why jermain is talking about manipulation ,did he forgot about the video of Katherine supporting his tribute? talk about hypocrisy !!!
they are the one doing business behind estate's back with being held at gunpoint so why he is winning .if u r worried about ur mom ,go talk to her ,stop twitting.
last thing seriously jackson's need to do their homework not fans,he has nerve to say that.half the time they don't know who talked badly about Michael ,in which cave age they are leaving,fans are the one who told them about discoery channel ,who said what bad about Michael when all of them are using 21st century social networking,who is he fooling with all his statements.
he just want to be hero just like when he saved Michael from drowning.:puke:

Originally Posted by xthunderx2
jermjackson5 Jermaine Jackson@MissChiviouss do ur homework. Global Live was planning this concert "with or without" the family when everyone was approached

I see that Jermaine wasted no time in saying something ridiculous! lol There is no way Global live were going to even be close to doing this tribute if MJ's mom would have declined. That is the truth so who is he kiddin?! What fans would have gone if not only the Estate disapproved but, the entire Jackson family also? No one would have gone and it would have never happened. The only reason it's going to happen is because his mom said yes. So as always they can't even admit when their wrong!

I also found this article on FB http://newsflavor.com/opinions/gene...t-throw-rocks-in-a-glass-house/#ixzz1VEKcEOX3 talking about Gene Simmons havin sex with underage girls! Which wouldn't surprise me if it were true! Kinda like that Motley Crue guy. SMDH

Can someone give me a quick synopsis of who did what and who is on what side with this whole thing? Specifically, what did Katherine, Latoya, Jackie, Tito, Marlon do in support of this "tribute" and what are they getting in return?

There is a distinct possibility that there are 75,000 people who love Michael and react to things on the surface. They love his music, thought he was great and now his momma wants to give him a tribute. Nothing wrong with that.

We have a few posters like that on this board. That is their opinion.

But as a Michael Jackson fan context is everything. And now that we have to deal with this family, context is paramount.

We have to watch them like hawks and we have to call them out when they need to be called out.

Let me clear - I do not know all the goings-on in that family. And there may have been times when Michael hurt or ignored members of his family. And there may well be reasons for the passive-aggressive stuff that we see from them. But that stuff is private family stuff and they may need to work out in therapy.

When it comes to the public sphere that family needs to get its act together, acknowledge that they are INCAPABLE of handling the Michael Jackson brand. And the more they try to tarnish that brand (purposely or accidentally), the stronger they make us a force. Cause we ain't going nowhere!

PS Paul Ring and Jeffre better watch themselves. In a subsequent book they may well be accused of controlling LaTonta!

Waw!!!! Your last 2 posts were spot on, and about the subsequent book that deserves a prize!!!!!!

I gotta say - you guys are great! I was away all day and came back and found that most of what I needed to say has been eloquently and forcefully said. Kudos to everyone.

At some point we are really going to have to discuss the dynamics within that family! It is some scary stuff. I understand that no matter how old you get your child is still your child. But as a child, when you realise that your mother is getting on in age and she still wants to look out for you at the detriment of herself, you say "NO! I can take care of things". These are big hard-back men and women (as we Bajans say) and it represensible if they are allowing their mother to shill for them and to pimp under-age children BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT GET THEIR ACT TOGETHER.

It was ridiculous that Katherine Jackson had to run to the court for money days after Michael died because her electricity could be cut off WHEN SHE HAD EIGHT SURVIVING ADULT CHILDREN!!!!! That was a shameful thing. And if it was not true, then those same eight surviving children should be ashamed that they let their mother do it.

Jermaine talks about the promoters as though he is unaware that LaTonta has a hand in it. Maybe someone on twitter should send him the pics we have of Mr Ring! Then it can become a pissing contest between the two siblings as to who can use Michael most effectively and subtly.

And wasn't LaTonta frantically following the trail of the money so that she can bring Michael's true killers to justice? I suppose she COULD be multi-tasking but I highly doubt it!

As for that CNN interview and discussion -

Mr Ring was not even sure of the month that Michael passed! He THINKS it was in June!!!! WTF.

Velez-Mitchell had an interesting point about putting on a show. I remember LaTonta claiming that wearing all white was her idea! I am going to say something and it is gonna sound harsh - but that family stuck by Michael through that trial for what they thought they could get out of it the end. I do not doubt that after his acquittal it was a whole circus about how they were there for him when his friends abandoned him and that HE OWED THEM. I am sure that they felt betrayed when he left the country and did not get reach out to them. That was because Michael was no fool! "Watch the ones with the biggest smiles, the idle-jabbers ..."

At some point are going to get tired of the sobbing Katherine Jackson on TV. It is going to be 'get over it already. You're not the only one who lost a child.' When she has exhausted all of her cultural capital, things are really going to get ugly. Hold on, we are in for a bumpy ride.

Mrs. Jackson said as much about Michael's friends abandoning him either little before the trial or after. She went on to say how he trusted the wrong people and how he should had depending on his family. She, like most in that family, also blame 'others' for taking Michael away. One clear example was in her own book when she talked about Frank D. During one of the Bad concerts she talked about how good the show was, but it was lacking without the other brothers. After the show when Frank asked how she liked everything she voiced this opinion. According to her, Frank laughed and called her crazy. She also lied everything on Frank's feet about the stories that ran about Michael during the 80s and how she wished he would come back to the family fold.

So in Mrs. Jackson's eyes, everything bad that has happened to Michael was other people's fault because Michael was away from his family and saw the trial in someways as as good thing. In other words, after getting knocked down and beating by all those terrible lies, she was expecting Michael to happily embrace his family and most likely start doing stuff from them again.

This is also the period we saw the family use Michael the most. We have Jermaine trying to drag Michael into reunion tours and got him involve with the prince who only wanted Michael to break into the industry. Of course, we also had Randy stealing from Michael and then calling him an unstable addict and alcoholic to cover his butt. Joe was he usual annoying self which took new levels in the weeks before Michael's death along with his friend, Rowe.

To that family, it seemed supporting Michael during the trial meant that he owed them his life and they was expecting him to pay up with change to spare.

OMG! Regarding Tribute Concert and my personal experience with its US CEO!

por Samantha De Gosson, quarta, 17 de agosto de 2011 às 00:15

OMG! I just read who was involved as the US CEO for the Tribute concert in question. Same director who interviewed me as a participant in a Documentary meant to be released on June 25th, 2011. An American documentary focusing on his murder and everyone involved. It was never realeased then and I was told it was on the back-burner for a while. I found out that the director in question ended up directing Latoya's latest video and is now part of this venture and chose to ignore/forget/let go of his true first intentions with this documentary. After my participation, off camera I was asked what I wanted this documentary to represent and I answered by saying "I hope this can have as much as an impact as a Michael Moore Documentary". His present staff who sat there during the whole recording answered back by saying " He's better than Michael Moore".
Well. I just discovered that the people behind the tribute include that director and Leonard Rowe, Joseph Jackson and Latoya Jackson. Links go back to Latoya;s website and products she is selling, including her new book. Yes, in her book she mentions the followers (which includes me) who were there the last few months and who tried to save him and who knew the truth....It's all a very sick sick world.
http://www.facebook.com/notes/samantha-de-gosson/omg-regarding-tribute-concert-and-my-personal-experience-with-its-us-ceo/10150286179538798

:fear:

xthunderx2;3460122 said:
Jermaine Jackson MJ Tribute Promoters Are Using My Mom

0816-jermain-jackson-bn.jpg

Jermaine Jackson believes the promoters of the Michael Jackson Tribute Concert are crassly taking advantage of an 81-year-old woman -- otherwise known as Katherine Jackson -- to "prop up its event."

Jermaine just went on a Twitter rant, claiming Global Live is using his mom. And, he's particularly pissed at Global Live for its initial decision to have KISS perform, given that Gene Simmons has publicly accused MJ of being a hardcore child molester.

Jermaine tweeted, "I'm appalled as all fans that Global Live booked an artist like KISS after all Gene Simmons had said about Michael. It doesn't matter KISS' invitation is revoked. This mishandling reinforces my view that this promoter is getting it all wrong..."
http://www.tmz.com/2011/08/16/jerma...-katherine-jackson-using-mother/#.Tksv1WF9uSo

angfw5.gif

Jerma managed to get attention....
emoticons_487_0484.gif
Will he be called to give any interview to talk about tribute crap?
www.MessenTools.com-34 pensativo.gif
:eek: :ph34r:
Jerma must be crazy to give an interview and be seen.
www.MessenTools.com-Humor-pelos-locos.gif

TheChosenOne;3460144 said:

:lol:

Wasn't that staged? like when MJ gets mad at Slash :scratch:

Nah! That push was real and unfortunate! There's another part that wasn't aired on Tv of the 30th ann where Mj tells Randy "To not interrupt him" while he was talking to the crowd. Jermaine was pretty shocked when Mj said that! But, the crowed cheered. lol And I don't think that was staged either.

Jermaine talks about the promoters as though he is unaware that LaTonta has a hand in it. Maybe someone on twitter should send him the pics we have of Mr Ring! Then it can become a pissing contest between the two siblings as to who can use Michael most effectively and subtly

already sent him. :)

I also remembered a reference to Paul Ring on Latoya's book.

69g9hl.jpg

Thanks, Ivy. You do an absolutely incredible job here for MJJC. I bow before you!

And a fyi - something we are evaluating at the moment

Dear Messrs. Hunt and Ring:

We, as Michael Jackson's staunch supporters and advocates, refuse to support the Michael Forever Tribute, planned by Global Live Events in October, 2011. Even with the withdrawal of your most recent performer, Gene Simmons, fans feel the damage has already been done. Your apology is too little, too late and does not solve the problems we have with this tribute.

Since the initial announcement, through fan sites and forums and a Facebook page (Fans Against Michael Forever Tribute) fans have voiced their concerns about this tribute. One of the initial concerns was how fans were treated on the Michael Forever Tribute Facebook page. The administrators were rude and deleted comments. Therefore, when the announcement was made that Global Live Events "listened to fans" regarding the addition of Simmons, many fans are doubtful. Fans believe that Global Live Events, in an attempt to qualm the media and the Estate, rescinded their offer to Simmons. Simply put, it is not the fans that Global Live Events is concerned with, but negative media coverage, which in turn affects ticket sales.

From the timing of this tribute, in the middle of Dr. Murray's trial, to the ticketing prices, to the obscurity over what charities will be receiving the donation, to the no-guarantee policy of performers, the addition of Gene Simmons and dishonoring, thus tarnishing Michael Jackson's legacy was simply the last straw. With the damage done, it will be the fans who work hard to overcome this debacle for Michael Jackson's legacy.

Please understand that this tribute is doomed to fail now. Attorneys for the Michael Jackson Estate have written to you about their concerns, and now the Michael Jackson fan base has done the same. Do the right thing for Michael Jackson, and cancel this tribute.

Sincerely,

^^I guess Jermaine wanted Michael to remain the "little" brother who they could push around. Good that Michael asserted himself and told Randy to be quiet.

This guy from Global not only does not know what month Michael died but he does not know Michael's favorite charities. He mentioned Michael's charities when he spoke on TV, but if you ask him what they are, he would not be able to tell you. That is why they list the Prince's charity.

Basically, Katherine always wanted the Jacksons boys to remain together, a wish also shared by hubby Joe. It makes sense that she would blame the allegations and other mishaps on the fact that Michael was away from the family unit. She forgets that even when Michael was at home he brought children into the home and played with them and read to them. However, it was mainly after thriller that the media began tearing him apart and the Gavins and company knew that Michael will be an easy target because of this. Even in Gary Michael had a free candy store for kids and had kids around, so am I to believe that since he was 8 he was molesting children.

Katherine will blame others because they do not want to admit that some of his pain was due to the way they nurtured that child. He was loved because he was able to make money. He was not loved for himself. If he was, they would not try to force him to do deals because they stood with him in court. It was their obligation as family to be there for a family member regardless. They need to be taught unconditional love.

69g9hl.jpg

I didn't realize her thanks section has all the characters I've come to loath.

She support Oxman, Rowe, and Karen who called Michael an addict who was doctor shopping? I thought she said he was 'clean'. God that woman is a loony toon.

69g9hl.jpg

Hello!!!! when did Oxman ever try to seek justice for Michael. You guys remember the statements he made that hurt Michael immediately after his death. Can the woman say any more outrageous things. I notice she did a lot of name calling there, but even that did not help book sales.

Good letter Ivy, and another major blow to his legacy is that now the Simmons statements are plastered all over the media, so yes the damage cannot be undone by saying bye to KISS. By us staying away from the tribute we are saying none of the statements are true and we do not like the elements of the tribute.

Last edited:

And a fyi - something we are evaluating at the moment

Dear Messrs. Hunt and Ring:

We, as Michael Jackson's staunch supporters and advocates, refuse to support the Michael Forever Tribute, planned by Global Live Events in October, 2011. Even with the withdrawal of your most recent performer, Gene Simmons, fans feel the damage has already been done. Your apology is too little, too late and does not solve the problems we have with this tribute.

Since the initial announcement, through fan sites and forums and a Facebook page (Fans Against Michael Forever Tribute) fans have voiced their concerns about this tribute. One of the initial concerns was how fans were treated on the Michael Forever Tribute Facebook page. The administrators were rude and deleted comments. Therefore, when the announcement was made that Global Live Events "listened to fans" regarding the addition of Simmons, many fans are doubtful. Fans believe that Global Live Events, in an attempt to qualm the media and the Estate, rescinded their offer to Simmons. Simply put, it is not the fans that Global Live Events is concerned with, but negative media coverage, which in turn affects ticket sales.

From the timing of this tribute, in the middle of Dr. Murray's trial, to the ticketing prices, to the obscurity over what charities will be receiving the donation, to the no-guarantee policy of performers, the addition of Gene Simmons and dishonoring, thus tarnishing Michael Jackson's legacy was simply the last straw. With the damage done, it will be the fans who work hard to overcome this debacle for Michael Jackson's legacy.

Please understand that this tribute is doomed to fail now. Attorneys for the Michael Jackson Estate have written to you about their concerns, and now the Michael Jackson fan base has done the same. Do the right thing for Michael Jackson, and cancel this tribute.

Sincerely,

This is great, Ivy.

However, I humbly suggest you add how Global Live showed little regard towards Michael by not doing the research on the artists they sign. If they had, they would had known of Gene Simmons' previous comments and shouldn't have needed fans' protest to tell them such. As a tribute to honor Michael Jackson the most important factor beyond the fame of the artist is the way they respected Michael in both his life and death.

I was just in bed and then a thought hit me and I came back to talk about LaTonta. Good to see we are discussing her now.

La Toya (sorry about the name calling before) sat in that press conference pretending for all the world as though she was just a family member supporting this thing. She was there when they pretended to have already lined up the entertainers. It is unethical of her not to have made full disclosure at that time, to indicate her connections to GLE!

But I suspect she did not want to have her hand exposed and face further recriminations for using Michael for her own personal financial gain.

That family both loved and resented Michael. The sooner they deal with that resentment, the better off they all will be. Straight talk.

Is anyone surprised Rebbie isn't involved in this mess of a tribute?

Back