MJ Forever Tribute/ MJJC Statement / Estate statement / Fan letter pg51/ GLE put on administration

Re: Michael Forever Tribute/ MJJC Official Statement / Discussion / Estate statement / Fan letter @p

The biggest different is that Freddie was part of a band, so they shared the rights to all songs, images, and other copyright related products. If Michael was still part of the J5 when he died, I would agree with you. But, Michael was his own entity when and he was the one who set up an estate that holds all his rights that isn't shared by his family or former band mates. So, unlike Freddie, no one can just have a tribute without the estate's permission.

If the Jacksons went to the estate in good fate and told them what they wanted to do to honor their brother, son, and father I'm sure they would had given them their blessing even if they had no direct hand in it. But, the Jacksons went around the estate, going as far as to mock them, and they payed dearly for it.

I understand where you are coming, but no, this isn't the same as Freddie Mercury at all.

I know all of that. It's, like you said, about how they went about the whole thing

but it's not really about Michael not being part of the group. Queen could've done a tribute show but without the FM estate, they wouldn't have been allowed to use his name and such

I was just saying that Freddie's show, like this one, didn't have his estate's direct involvement, but they actually got approval from his estate to use his likeness and name.

The Jacksons that were involved in this tribute and GLE didn't even go to the Michael Jackson Estate and tried to get permission, which they probably would have

Heck, they can't even use the name "The Jackson 5" because Motown owns the name and of course, Jermaine and Randy refused to participate and Michael's not here with us

Re: Michael Forever Tribute/ MJJC Official Statement / Discussion / Estate statement / Fan letter @p

I dont know if he was unhappy or not. but of course he was nervous
a 9 yr old shy boy standing in front of thousands of screaming people
he was so nervouse he even flubbed his lines and Paris corrected it for him .
Im sure they were proud to represent their Dad. regardless

And he seems like a serious, no nonsense kid and wants no part of the spotlight. Plus he's really young and he's lost his dad :(

Last edited:

Some people are already making hurtful comments (E! Online, Perez Hilton, Huffington Post, etc.) about the children especially Blanket calling him weird, having no personality, & troubled :mad:

What do they expect him to be? mature than his years the way mj was when he was younger???? OMG they are unbeliveable!

Just got threw the thread and I have to say my heart goes out to Blanket.

People need to stop tweeting those kids. Let them be. They love the attention and spotlight. I don't know, I just feel like everything Michael taught them about privacy and other things in life is slipping away. I don't live with them to know for sure, but the way Prince and Paris strutted on that stage for that tribute....yeah. The execs at Disney are probably creating a show just for Paris at this minute...I can see it.

Blanket might have a better chance if Grace was still in his life or if these kids were with Diana Ross or The Cascios but the way things are going, even if Kate dies, LaToya will step in. If someone doesn't step in to put some order and privacy and dicipline with these kids right now this moment - they're gone. I can see Blanket going too.

I hope this is the last of the tributes. It is enough already.

Ohhh Michael, where are you to see all these made in your name?:cry::cry::cry:

I tried to listen to C.A. version of "Smile" and turned it off after 30 seconds. I can't, just can't stand when other people sing his songs. That's why I'm not going to be exited about any such tribute shows in future. "Immortal" show, on the other hand, has Michael's voice all over the place, his images and almost noone pretending to be him (as far as I saw on promo-video and some youtube videos). So, for me this is the only tribute that I can accept.

Isn´t Blanket too shy to go to school with other children?

Originally Posted by MsCassieMollieSome people are already making hurtful comments (E! Online, Perez Hilton, Huffington Post, etc.) about the children especially Blanket calling him weird, having no personality, & troubled :mad:
They pick on the youngest, shyest and the one that remind most people of MJ....What a coincidence.

Disclaimer: Watch at your own risk!

:hysterical:

Blanket thrilled and not sad.
Photo Blanket Happy.
128791370_10_full.jpg
I'm sorry but this one looks as if someone tickled him just to make him smile a bit! It doesn't prove anything.

Plus, I just saw the video of Blanket and listening to his line made it clear to me that someone must have done quite a lot of convincing in order to get him to speak on stage. His line was automatic and showed that he would much rather be at home where noone could have seen him.

I firmly believe this is a disgrace and contrary to everything Michael standed for regarding his offspring!

Last edited:

(not great quailty)

NeYo "Billie Jean" @ MJ Tribute Concert

Christina Aguilera "SMILE" & "Dirty Diana" @ Michael Jackson tribute

Prince, Paris & Blanket @ MJ Tribute Concert introduce Beyonce

:heart:
souldreamer7

meh i'm just not that interested, its all overkill, at least if it were done sooner after his death it would seem more appropriate..i dunno :(

meh i'm just not that interested, its all overkill, at least if it were done sooner after his death it would seem more appropriate..i dunno :(

I..personally wasn't much for the tribute.. I dunno' why either (aside from controversy) Sometimes things has just gotta feeel right for a tribute...This didn't feeel right.

:heart:
souldreamer7

I'm sorry but this one looks as if someone tickled him just to make him smile a bit! It doesn't prove anything.

Plus, I just saw the video of Blanket and listening to his line made it clear to me that someone must have done quite a lot of convincing in order to get him to speak on stage. His line was automatic and showed that he would much rather be at home where noone could have seen him.

I firmly believe this is a disgrace and contrary to everything Michael standed for regarding his offspring!

Yes, it's going against all his wishes. Blanket is so shy and he rarely speak, but when he knows you he talk a lot. He misses his Dad very much and want him back. The tears on stage were about Michael. I'm so sad for the one caring most about him, the wishes is not being respected at all. :(

Last edited:

IMO it's obvious the kids enjoyed the last week - first The Immortal, then they came to Europe, spend some time in Germany and ended with The Tribute. I'm happy for them, they could leave the States, have some time out of school.

I must admit seeing Blanket with tears in his eyes is painful. Paris and Prince are older, they've got their twitters, where they kinda... I'm not trying to say looking for spotlight, but not avoiding it (hope you know what I mean). I've that impression, that Blanket is just lost, shy little boy, who'd rather run away from all this media circus with Oprah, Tributes and stuff.

Abt the Tribute: I still imagine something larger than that was took place yesterday, as a Tribute to MJ. Sure, it was nice, but it could have been better. We've waited so long, we could at least wait now till the trial is over, we could get more and (sorry) better performers, we could get Estate involved and the show could be shown around the world. Hope one day we'll get that done.

Somebody said this would be down on facebook for free after the event.does anybody know when exactly?

IMO it's obvious the kids enjoyed the last week - first The Immortal, then they came to Europe, spend some time in Germany and ended with The Tribute. I'm happy for them, they could leave the States, have some time out of school.

I must admit seeing Blanket with tears in his eyes is painful. Paris and Prince are older, they've got their twitters, where they kinda... I'm not trying to say looking for spotlight, but not avoiding it (hope you know what I mean).

Spending time out of school is the last thing they need. It should be the most important thing in their lives. But like their grandparents didnt care much about educating their own kids, as putting them in show business mattered much more, I guess they'll spend much more time in the spotlight for no other reason than their last name.

Great parenting. Now we know for sure Michael is gone

Poor Blanket. He's so shy and I don't think he wants to be there. SMH @ this family. They do the same to Michael's kids as what they did to Michael.

I also don't think Blanket processed Michael's death as much as the other two did. I hope he gets help, but I doubt it.

Spending time out of school is the last thing they need. It should be the most important thing in their lives. But like their grandparents didnt care much about educating their own kids, as putting them in show business mattered much more, I guess they'll spend much more time in the spotlight for no other reason than their last name.

Great parenting. Now we know for sure Michael is gone
Don't you or didn't you like have a week out of school? Well I did, especially if I was traveling. Sure they're Jacksons, but I assume like all other kids they like to have some time off.
Besides, asked in Germany Prince said they've got teacher with them. Besides, this was the minor point in my post.

I think first and foremost it is the fact that Blanket has to speak and go on stage in front of thousands of people that makes him ook uneasy and unhappy.He definately has mj's shyness but not his confidence infront of that many people at the same age..NOT MANY PEOPLE WOULD..Especially if you havven't been singing and dancing for years before.So to me it looked like a big bag of nerves and shyness at first.Understandbly.Of course there is alot of sadness and either prince and paris hide it better and are becoming more comfortable on a stage like that,or they just chanel it in different ways and wanted to celebrate and not let themselves get down.But the mindset of blanket is obviously going to be different to his bro and sis.Due to the bigger age gap.The whole thing irrated me and athough it celebrates mj, shows how we live in a very very verrrrry mediocre generation of performers who can't compare to past ones..They might aswell have ' we are doing the best we can' inprinted on their foreheads.Sadly the gap between generations if breaking more and more and if our generation don't learn more from the true masters of their craft and pioneers who are still here on this planet, it will just get worse and the musicianship and music will be replaced more and more with tacky stage designs overshadowing the vocals , get rich quick albums that have no consistency or depth and people obsessed with just being famous, not spending years in dark clubs homing their craft.

To me this tribute showed how inferior this decade of music is to when mj was around in the 80's and before..The king of pop has died and noone has the right to take that role over.Music is many areas is lost and just couldn't care less about it or their longeivity and substance of career. Very sad imo

Blanket thrilled and not sad.
Photo Blanket Happy.
128791370_10_full.jpg

From the few photos that I've seen, it looked like Blanket was standing behind Latoya, and he was then pulled forward by Prince. So in my opinion that's why he was smiling because being pulled forward by his brother.

And I do not want to see paris , prince or blanket pushed into events they might perform in etc before they are ready.It might seem fun to them but at that age, they are not independant enough to know or make those desciions.I just hope they will not be used as circus monkeys and brought out to generate money for others.If they want to perform , I hope and am sure they are and will be wise enough to learn , prepare and practice for years before they are ready.I just hope they are not consumed by all the reality shows that can give you 15 minutes of fame etc.It must be very tempting and for their age group , an addictive type of show and prospect.But I hope they decline it and go down the old school route that their dad and his contemporaries went down.

Don't you or didn't you like have a week out of school? Well I did, especially if I was traveling. Sure they're Jacksons, but I assume like all other kids they like to have some time off.
Besides, asked in Germany Prince said they've got teacher with them. Besides, this was the minor point in my post.

I was not attacking you, and I apologize if that's the way you understood my post.

Having a vacation is great, when it's vacation time. Otherwise, you loose track of what's happening in school. Having a couple of hours with a teacher a day is far from enough. Of course, you can ask any kid, they will tell you they'd rather not go to school at all and be on vacation forever. But no parent would agree to that.
Right now, this family is pulling them towards show business, because school and education is not important to them. They know the world want to see MJ's kids just because they are MJ's kids. And it pays. So they're playing the game.

What a load of rubbish. They can't even use his image, it looks like an episode of X factor.

I almost wish the tape on that Michael allegedly calls his family "greedy", "uncaring" and users would be played next week on court. It would be most fitting...

Normally celebrity want their privacy, and everyone in Hollywood and the world know how Mike fiercely protected his kids. With all these interviews and events etc. that push the kid into spotlight, are we the fans are the only ones talking how this go against Mike wishes? What does other celebrity, media etc. think about this?

Back