MJ: His Death Has Been His Greatest Comeback

Some people have to realise that not all new fans are previous haters.
I can't understand how a hater suddenly becomes a fan but it happens.

For example, I was a fan years ago but through changes in my life I went to experience other things.
That doesn't mean I didn't care for Michael anymore he has been a big part of my childhood and has been through out my life, I realised that when this all happened.
I never could imagine it would hit me this hard that's why I rediscovered what he really means to me.

Sorry I went offtopic.

Some people have to realise that not all new fans are previous haters.
I can't understand how a hater suddenly becomes a fan but it happens.

For example, I was a fan years ago but through changes in my life I went to experience other things.
That doesn't mean I didn't care for Michael anymore he has been a big part of my childhood and has been through out my life, I realised that when this all happened.
I never could imagine it would hit me this hard that's why I rediscovered what he really means to me.

Sorry I went offtopic.

Well it does not apply to you then. Of course all are not haters, you are right. We are talking about a bond. We should not be made to feel self-righteous because we went through all that teasing and ridicule just because we are fans of MJ. I mean it was almost down right hatred I faced from family members and friends but I still stood my ground and have always believed in Michael. We are not making new fans feel guilty. Maybe it is something else inside that is causing that but by us making a statement about OUR feelings should not do that. Once again, Welcome new fans I am glad you see what we saw all along pass it on tell your friends and family about Michael.

Well it does not apply to you then. Of course all are not haters, you are right. We are talking about a bond. We should not be made to feel self-righteous because we went through all that teasing and ridicule just because we are fans of MJ. I mean it was almost down right hatred I faced from family members and friends but I still stood my ground and have always believed in Michael. We are not making new fans feel guilty. Maybe it is something else inside that is causing that but by us making a statement about OUR feelings should not do that. Once again, Welcome new fans I am glad you see what we saw all along pass it on tell your friends and family about Michael.
Same here and I remember those times very well. I agree with everything you said btw.

yes i would rather have him alive with a few real fans rather than sitting in a grave with the whole world suddenly adoring him fuck this whole legacy thing i wanted him alive dammit! When he died he took a part of me with him i'll never be the same again and no i don't care about anything anymore this was not suppose to end like this!
I respect new fans they are welcomed but you will never understand how it feels for us old fans who always loved him not only for his music but for who he was, real fans who were never ashamed to say they loved michael the person when the whole world was laughing at him 'the pathetic has-been'

and his death was his greatest comeback? What a fucking insult!!
All the things he still wanted to give to the world and that's how they resume everything he meant? That his death was the best thing that came out of it? It makes me sick!
so true

The title of the article is offensive. I didn't bother to read the rest.

I still think the article has a shit title, I mean who chose that for publication, but other than that, It's decent on the inside.

This thread isn't gonna last long, I'll give it one day before it closes.:no:

Last edited:
distasteful

Distasteful but true!

lol

DEFO the best thing to happen to his career just like elvis.

when elvis died his manager said 'great career move'

elvis was bigger dead than alive.

and now MJs gone the same things happened.

it ashame he had to die for people to remember and love him again for what hes good at.

poor MJ :(

Distasteful but true!

lol

it ashame he had to die for people to remember and love him again for what hes good at.

poor MJ :(

there is a difference. i saw the elvis special on tv..his last performance, before he started to gain weight. nobody rushed the stage. he knew he could perform in an 'unplugged' setting, because of that. that's why people say he invented the 'unplugged' concert.

with Michael, there was NO way, he could do an 'unplugged' performance, in that kind of an intimate setting, and get away without being stagerushed. right up to his very last outdoor appearance/attempt to walk the streets, MJ was treated like he was, from the very beginning. he was mobbed.

so i humbly suggest, that if you are gauging MJ's popularity, by the hate that he received from the haters and the media, you are letting that determine the scale of his megastar status. and the two don't relate. (in fact, the hate came because the haters couldn't quash his megastar status. i bet that, if MJ's mega status diminished in any way, there would have been less hate, expressed outwardly, because the haters would think that his mega status diminished.) and you aren't realizing just how big MJ was..and still is. he was bigger than death could ever make anyone. it's just that some get fooled into not thinking that, because, with the hate, added, they somehow think that diminishes the fan frenzy, from all over the world. and, naturally, all those fans kept buying his music.

there is a difference. i saw the elvis special on tv..his last performance, before he started to gain weight. nobody rushed the stage. he knew he could perform in an 'unplugged' setting, because of that. that's why people say he invented the 'unplugged' concert.

with Michael, there was NO way, he could do an 'unplugged' performance, in that kind of an intimate setting, and get away without being stagerushed. right up to his very last outdoor appearance/attempt to walk the streets, MJ was treated like he was, from the very beginning. he was mobbed.

so i humbly suggest, that if you are gauging MJ's popularity, by the hate that he received from the haters and the media, you are letting that determine the scale of his megastar status. and the two don't relate. (in fact, the hate came because the haters couldn't quash his megastar status. i bet that, if MJ's mega status diminished in any way, there would have been less hate, expressed outwardly, because the haters would think that his mega status diminished.) and you aren't realizing just how big MJ was..and still is. he was bigger than death could ever make anyone. it's just that some get fooled into not thinking that, because, with the hate, added, they somehow think that diminishes the fan frenzy, from all over the world. and, naturally, all those fans kept buying his music.
True dat.

Disregarding the ENTIRE article because of a title that the author probably didnt even pick is pretty ignorant...

As MJ fans we urge people to dig deeper and read more into his wonderful person and yet we can't even bother to read an article because of a poor choice of title. Isn't that just like someone completely dismissing MJ because of poor media reports without doing research?

It's not a terrible article. It's a terrible title.

its true, sometimes we dont appreciate what we have until its gone, his death isnt the greatest comeback, but no doubt will breed new appreciation and respect for him and for how truly great he was as an artist and a human being, yes Good does truimph over evil!

I hate these people who hide behind the internet to say something so distasteful!!!!!

i DO no how big michael jackson was!!!

im not stupid!!!
i have been a fan for YEARSS!!!

AND I DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE BLOODY WELL SAY I NO IM RIGHT!!

Michael jackson he was always the greatest star on the planet.
BUT before he died most people called me a you no what (p***)
most people wouldnt listin to him because hes a you no what^^
(well he wasnt but they all thought so)

and thats the truth, those stupid alegations ruined him.

but he then annouced the concerts a few more people started getting into him.

The WHOLE world was sooo excited about it.
then he dies and everyone is in mournin
yet most people were calling him a **** before.

and know you say Michael jackson people say legend not p***

its ashame that it was his death that got people loving him again.

im just thankful he died then and not before, if he died just after the trails that would break my heart even more.

but like he says in his quote

"If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with."

soo he died knowing he sold out 50 concerts soooo at least he knew he was defo loved.

but anyway bit off topic.
DEFO the best thing to happen like to make people all go crazy over MJ again.
i dont like the fraze his greatest comeback tho :(

well ,the people who are saying that MJ´s death might be his biggist comeback,have no idea
how famous he was,some guys in my class said this either, I just ask myself what they think
who Michael Jackson is.
:( :( :(

Distasteful but true!

lol

did you forget that Michael was making a comeback? that his music was being played everywhere before he died? that he was working on one of the biggest live productions ever? that he was going to put out a new album, a new movie that he broke records with his tickets sales?
sometimes I think people have no idea what they're saying. Michael was not a fat drug addict who could barely remember the lyrics to his songs I'm sorry if I offend Elvis by saying this but I'm pissed now!
all the things that could've been and will never be, I can only imagine how wonderful it would've been, this was suppose to be a new beginning for Michael and his fans he was going to regain the respect he always deserved....and people say death was a great career move? it was the worst thing ever! I'm so tired, so sad now I don't even have the energy to argue anymore I just want to cry
they killed him once in 1993 and now they killed him again saying good thing he's dead, he had nothing more to give to the world anyway

and no I'm not trying to be a self-righteous fan because I say I'm an old fan I never disrespected new fans, I was just saying that it's different when you support and love someone when they're there and then you watch them die

Re: This Is It footage

I seriously doubt that the This Is It movie would have been released if Mike was alive.

i seriously doubt it too. the Michael Jackson situation is full of paradoxes. Hated by Hollywood. if it was up to Hollywood, his career would have been dead. Loved by his fans. Because of his fans, hollywood, can go to hell.. hollywood might as well have not existed. Michael's the only artist, where some of his fans are feeling the media, who say that his death was a great career move. yet, it's his fans that mobbed him every day of his life, whenever he stepped outside. if you were to just look at the relationship between him and his fans, you would say his career is alive and well, and made it look impossible for a career to die. but other artists' careers had died, and the fans DID stop mobbing them, whenever the artist stepped outside, long before their death(and for many, who are still alive), and their death DID bring attention back to them. but Michael's fanbase, and their actions toward him, suggest the most thriving career in history, never stopping., while the media would try to convince us otherwise. and now, the media is treating Michael's case, after death, as if Michael's fans had stopped mobbing him, whenever he went outside, long before his death, and suddenly, the general public is reawakening. but his fanbase is so big, and has been so loyal to him, that the general public was a non issue. just one big complete and unprecented paradox.

did you forget that Michael was making a comeback? that his music was being played everywhere before he died? that he was working on one of the biggest live productions ever? that he was going to put out a new album, a new movie that he broke records with his tickets sales?
sometimes I think people have no idea what they're saying. Michael was not a fat drug addict who could barely remember the lyrics to his songs I'm sorry if I offend Elvis by saying this but I'm pissed now!
all the things that could've been and will never be, I can only imagine how wonderful it would've been, this was suppose to be a new beginning for Michael and his fans he was going to regain the respect he always deserved....and people say death was a great career move? it was the worst thing ever! I'm so tired, so sad now I don't even have the energy to argue anymore I just want to cry
they killed him once in 1993 and now they killed him again saying good thing he's dead, he had nothing more to give to the world anyway

and no I'm not trying to be a self-righteous fan because I say I'm an old fan I never disrespected new fans, I was just saying that it's different when you support and love someone when they're there and then you watch them die

I agree with you!!!!MJ tried to get back his respekt his reputation as a famous artist
but he never got a chance to finish that =(

I agree with you!!!!MJ tried to get back his respekt his reputation as a famous artist
but he never got a chance to finish that =(

And exactly this is what's so sad about the whole situation...! :(

I think many of the fans here don't realize how they come across. I see so many of them defending MJ's every single action as if he were God.

I think a lot of fans don't look back and see things realistically at times. Did all of you, or any of you, see what happened when MJ's concerts were postponed? Did you SEE and READ what the fans wrote on there who had tickets for the postponed shows? They didn't care at all anything for MJ. They were all complaining LOUDLY that they were inconvenienced and they were like an angry lynch mob. Were they fans? And what are they saying now that he is gone?

I think a lot of 'fans' just aren't honest or realistic about who he was either. He was still a human being and as a human we all make mistakes. To think otherwise in my opinion is just foolish.

Greatest come back,for who...yes,this would have been like nothing we have seen..but..for those who loved and cared about michael,he never needed a "come back"he was living his life,loving his children,doing his charaties,and they wouldn't leave him alone.he was murdered and now many will once again,climb on the wagon of,"what can michael do for me,as in making and taking his money."his beautiful children know his fans love him and we never thought he needed a come back.ticked off.i first was amazed with micael,1972.again,come back..give me a break.
God bless michael,his 3 beautiful children,his mom and and all those who never wanted a "piece"of him!!!

Back