MJ: The Genius of Michael Jackson By Steve Knopper

I guess the idea behind choices like this is that you have to include some negative to seem balanced and impartial. The problem is that in reality you do not achieve that by using one of MJ's most biased and obsessed haters as a "source" (especially for a book that is supposed to focus on his music). Anyone who has an idea about Dimond's shameful history with MJ would not touch her with a pole to ask her opinion for a book. I mean Dimond was sued by MJ for blatantly lying about him on her TV program and was only saved by the Shield Law and Sneddon. So why would she be considered an "expert" on anything MJ? Why should her opinion be in a book about MJ's music? Ugh, I'm still waiting to see how the full book turns out but this is very disappointing.

Also editors ask the authors to add some dirt in order to get their book published. I don't think that bitch Demon ever talked about Michael's music, did she? All the things I heard her talk about were bullshit her or others in the media made up or his private life. If I'm not mistaken, it means this author won't only talk about Michael's music.

Well, he just singlehandedly destroyed his book sales.

When I heard "Rolling Stone" that was enough to boycott for me, but Diamond? Does he not realize that Michael Jackson fans are usually his sale audience? Welcome yet another leech who thought it a great idea to write a book and seems to have not cared about the truth.

Oh she talked about his music. I remember a Spiegel-documentation where she talked about the wonderful songs for example "We are the world" he wrote, she spoke about his hard childhood and the abuse he went through in his childhood. She seems to be emmpathic with MJ. She did this all in a manner that you have to think he had no chance, it was clear from his experiences he made he has to become a pedophile.

I didn't see that one but she's not a music critic, she's just a gossip and tabloid "writer". She had to insert her twisted and biased opinion even though it had nothing to do with Michael's work.

Also editors ask the authors to add some dirt in order to get their book published.

Editors should realize that those times are over when writing trash about MJ sold books. Actually it never really sold books. It did sell tabloids, but not books. Ray Chandler's book was no bestseller, nor Diane Dimond's or Bob Jones' or Victor Gutierrez's, nor any of that crap. MJ books are bought mainly by fans and they won't buy something that trashes him and that is increasingly so since his death. When will editors learn this?

Oh she talked about his music. I remember a Spiegel-documentation where she talked about the wonderful songs for example "We are the world" he wrote, she spoke about his hard childhood and the abuse he went through in his childhood. She seems to be emmpathic with MJ. She did this all in a manner that you have to think he had no chance, it was clear from his experiences he made he has to become a pedophile.

Oh, haters like Dimond love to put on this act of "I love his music, but..." - only to seem more impartial for those who do not know them better. That does not make them music experts, nor is a good reason to put their opinion in a book that is supposed to be about his music.

Oh, haters like Dimond love to put on this act of "I love his music, but..." - only to seem more impartial for those who do not know them better. That does not make them music experts, nor is a good reason to put their opinion in a book that is supposed to be about his music.

Oh I did not say she is a music-expert or that she should be in this book or any book or documentation. Sure not. I only said she spoke about his music.

And I agree with this and this far more dangerous for a audience who did not have knowledge about her

only to seem more impartial for those who do not know them better.

Editors should realize that those times are over when writing trash about MJ sold books. Actually it never really sold books. It did sell tabloids, but not books.
Absolutely!! Editors thought the only reason we were interested in Michael was bc of the sensational or salacious and they were totally wrong.

I'd think it must have been a shock and an eye opener to witness that outpouring of sincere global grief and mourning, as it was for me personally.

For years I thought I was the only one out there who cared anything about him and this reaction was a shock. It opened a whole new world for me and I was grateful that Michael knew how much and how many people loved and adored and respected him. Unfortunately I don't think he knew the true magnitude.

You'd think writers and editors would wake up-that kind of reaction doesn't happen for a figure of ridicule or a criminal-it happens when someone is sincerely and deeply loved.

The book is not finished yet, so he has time to remove any traces of Demon from the book if he wants any sales.
Demon Dimond and Michael Jackson doesn't fit inside to same book covers, and is instant put off, at least to me.

As if having Rolling Stone and Diane Dimond on this wast enough to KNOW this isn't factual.. Literally the first sentence after listing the books credentials is..

"From the moment in 1965 when he first stepped on stage "

Already wrong, it was 1963..

So false facts at the first sentence... You lost me at "From"

smh lol

As if having Rolling Stone and Diane Dimond on this wasn't enough to KNOW this isn't factual ... Literally the first sentence after listing the books credentials is ... "From the moment in 1965 when he first stepped on stage." Already wrong, it was 1963 ... So false facts at the first sentence ... You lost me at "From." SMH LOL

Bahahaha! For anyone still arguing in the Rolling Stones #34 topic, get over here and have a laugh with us ;)

Well, the book description is likely written by the publisher, not the author, so I wouldn't condemn the book just yet.

Although it is the kind of book where the author writes like he was there when he really wasn't. So I expect there will be a bit of Taraborrelli to it and assertions that are questionable ("Michael called him dumb.") It doesn't necessarily mean the book is bad.

So he's gonna use diane dimbat on that book.....bwhahahaha! sorry buddy u just lost your chance of mj fans buying your book ......what a idiot he is

I'm still gonna read it even though it may be nauseating and painful. I do read every biography that comes out about him. Haven't found one that I absolutely love yet.

RS, I'm skeptical about that, probably lots of SF info put in the book that wants to sound positive...

I'm still gonna read it even though it may be nauseating and painful. I do read every biography that comes out about him. Haven't found one that I absolutely love yet.

Moonwalk by Michael Jackson:cheeky:

Would you write review of it after you are finished with it and I alsowant to know if DD is mentioned in it and why?

Of course, Moonwalk is lovely.

I will gladly write a review and post it here.

ALERT!!! My news feed just posted some stories taken from this book and published in NYDT.

It's all little boys this and little boys that and quoting Mtv being suspicious and quoting Terry George for God's sake. I couldn't even finish the article and I'm shaking so hard I can hardly write.

Another tabloid trash hit piece. Nobody buy the damn thing. Please.

The moment I heard he interviewed Dinane Dimond for this I suspected it would be just another trashy book. Hopefully with the same fate as Sullivan's garbage.

Publishers should get the memo by now that no one but MJ fans buy MJ biographies any more. And we know the history of our man and the unsavoury characters around him, so we are not easily fooled. And we do not buy tabloid garbage.

And Kopper had the nerve to claim on his Twitter he did not use tabloid sources. Does he realize that people like Terry George and Diane Dimond are exactly that? People with an agenda or people with very questionable credibility who made up their story when tabloids offered money for such stories?

I think the best way to deal with it is to not buy it and give it as little free promotion (ie. attention on fan websites) as possible.

I wish people would just let Michael rest in peace.

Last edited:
^^just when I think people are starting to wake up and figure out the real Michael, they disappoint me once again.
It's just so blasted stupid on their part.
(And I apologize for my nasty post before, but it's had me enraged since 93).

Sullivan cut his own throat with the little press junket he gave with his book. I caught the Katie Couric interview and Nightline and couldn't believe what a fool he was.
No way would I have even read an excerpt of his book.

The article I saw today will be automatically be picked up by other news outlets tonight and fans will see it. So maybe that will stop them from ordering/buying the book.

Well if it's the article that was in the Daily News, its been taken down. I don't want to post the link to it because of the headline which still shows in the address. (Sickening)
Went to his twitter and someone tweeted him about it. He said that "bit" was from an interview with Rev. Al Sharpton and not to jump to conclusions before reading it. I didn't read the article so I'm assuming that is what he's talking about. Just don't trust Rolling Stone, Billboard none of them. We'll see.

https://twitter.com/knopps

That is the article I was referring to. The first half is the Al Sharpton/James Brown stuff that came from Sharptons book. It was just sarcastically written.

It was all the rest that was getting to me. Terry George?? Little boys??
But I didn't finish it and I didn't post the link.

I'm sorry but I haven't been this level of angry in 10 yrs.

I will gladly write a review and post it here.

Maybe this forum will receive an advance copy that you can review.

Questions please: I do understand that publishing companies do release advance copies however; in the past, were those copies released directly to this forum or was it released to the Estate and then the Estate forwarded to this forum for review? Do you happen to know why advance copies do not seem to be released to fan forums as frequently as they were in the past?

^^
Advanced copies are given to forums and/or individual fans through the authors and/or publishers. Few fans also share advanced copies among themselves too.

Giving advanced copies also depends on the type of the book and the promotion strategy. the logic in the past was to get fan support/word of mouth for books positioned as a positive books on Michael. If this book is anything like we fear, you can be sure that no fan will be given an advance copy.

I actually contacted Knopper about an advance copy when he just announced the book, and I know of a couple other reviewers who did. He said "sure" to everybody and collected contact info, but so far he hasn't sent anything and I doubt that he is going to.

I actually contacted Knopper about an advance copy when he just announced the book, and I know of a couple other reviewers who did. He said "sure" to everybody and collected contact info, but so far he hasn't sent anything and I doubt that he is going to.
After what I read, there is no way he will send out an advance copy. I have no doubt he's the one (or his publisher) who had the article yanked. Even if he does feign ignorance. (I read the tweet).
That would kill any hope he had at sales. It just makes me sick that this was promoted as fair and balanced and a definitive biography. There might be some good stuff in it but it doesn't make up for the teeny bit I read.

Last edited:
The moment I heard he interviewed Dinane Dimond for this I suspected it would be just another trashy book. Hopefully with the same fate as Sullivan's garbage.

Publishers should get the memo by now that no one but MJ fans buy MJ biographies any more. And we know the history of our man and the unsavoury characters around him, so we are not easily fooled. And we do not buy tabloid garbage.

And Kopper had the nerve to claim on his Twitter he did not use tabloid sources. Does he realize that people like Terry George and Diane Dimond are exactly that? People with an agenda or people with very questionable credibility who made up their story when tabloids offered money for such stories?

I think the best way to deal with it is to not buy it and give it as little free promotion (ie. attention on fan websites) as possible.

I wish people would just let Michael rest in peace.

:punk: :bow:

ALERT!!! My news feed just posted some stories taken from this book and published in NYDT.

It's all little boys this and little boys that and quoting Mtv being suspicious and quoting Terry George for God's sake. I couldn't even finish the article and I'm shaking so hard I can hardly write.

Another tabloid trash hit piece. Nobody buy the damn thing. Please.

Thanks for the heads up, Barbee!

Back