MJ TIME CAPSULE - for the next millenium.

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyworld99

Proud Member
Binding Michael Jackson's work to planet earth.

A time capsule is a historic cache of goods and/or information, usually intended as a method of communication with future people and to help future archaeologists, anthropologists, and/or historians. Time capsules are sometimes created and buried during celebrations such as a World Fair, a cornerstone laying for a building, or at other events. The phrase "time capsule" has been in use since about 1939.

MJ TIME CAPSULE

There will come a day, when there is no longer any person walking the planet who can say they were alive when Michael Jackson was alive.

This initiative was begun with the intention of preserving Michael Jackson’s legacy for generations to come.

Try to envisage a time, many many years from now, where an archaeological dig uncovers a box containing memories, photographs, writings, video footage of Michael Jackson.

Imagine if thousands of these boxes were uncovered in different locations across the globe.

From Japan to Jamaica

From the UK to the Ukraine

From Egypt to Equador.

Michael Jackson was very concerned about the damage to the planet, and this project bears in mind the environmental impact. We are seeking advice from a sustainability expert to ensure that this project is as environmentally friendly as possible, with the current research suggesting that the most appropriate vessel for the time capsule would be a stone planter, or a casserole dish.

Many time capsules today contain only artifacts of limited value to future historians. Historians suggest that items which describe the daily lives of the people who created them, such as personal notes, pictures, and documents, would greatly increase the value of the time capsule to future historians.

Please share with us your experiences of creating and burying your time capsule. Please sumbit any photos and keep this project active and lively.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/MJ-Ti...ule/152087874824078?v=info#info_edit_sections

http://twitter.com/MJTimeCapsule

Last edited:
This is absolutely brilliant. Can we snag this thread for the Legacy Project?

Yes, yes, yes!!!!!!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

billyworld, wondeful wonderful idea! I have chills and butterflies are all over me...

This way, so many fans worldwide can literally be a physical part of his legacy. It's like we will bond with Earth and with his spirit, kind of a ritual that we share when our relatives are burried... gosh, such a large yet personal secret to silently share and to help keeping a heritage... Makes me picture that human chain from CRY and to remember once again that we CAN do more and more!

And how many symbols we'll have here! To be able to show to yout children: I am part of this and this is my root! To be earth-grounded by one the most generous and creative human being and spirit... :yes:

I am not fully aware how is going to preserve the right of this idea, but definetely you all should do that, IMO. I hope that MJJC Legacy Project members will go together, knowing that on facebook, information spreads fast and many outsiders may claim that they know it better...

You know what I mean, haters are everywhere and fans are different, some fall easy when a innuendo comes... You have my promise to keep in touch, in my country fanbase I have experienced kind of different attitudes and I might say that we better be aware of surprises than to be shocked if we don't see the reality.
So here you are, count me in on facebook and will also share it with my best friends. :better:

LOVING it. I mean, a lot of my music is my part cementing Michael in my heart where he is anyway. But I am loving that idea so much!

And on top of that you make that sooo personal, whatever it is you put into the ground. The new earth...love it!

I can see that, singing Earth Song while putting it into the ground.

Last edited:
woah..i like the idea of this project! ...something i could do!!!
:clapping:

I so L.O.V.E. this idea. And I think I just might do this. Especially since I am thinking about all of the performances, interviews, and other MJ related stuff I had either taped, bought, and downloaded of Michael over the years. And I can make copies of the best ones to put in my MJ time capsule. As well as a copy of the Dancing The Dream book which to me is definitely the most greatest MJ book ever. Because Michael wrote that amazing book. And it will be so wonderful when I get my 2 little nephews in to loving Michael. That when they grow up they are only 4 and almost 2 years old now. That they will turn their kids and even their grand kids in to MJ fans.

Thankyou for your support mjjc!!

We began the venture only two days ago and the response is already phenomenol.

We can't wait to see your photos of your time capsules....please either add them to the Facebook page or post them here and I will add them for you.

I spoke to gaz about mjjc supporting us as you all did do much to help us with the 'we've had enough' download campaign. But you beat me to it in getting it onto mjjc :D

Glad its taking off so well.

Original thread starter could I ask you to edit the original post so that it just includes the info and links from Facebook and Twitter (as you have copied half my conversation from another forum lol ;)

Thanks all. And welcome aboard!!

And the motto of this venture to show your support.....

" photos!! Or it didn't happen" ;)

Sounds familiar .... , but its a great IDEA, it could start last year...
John Lennon has his capsule... so... lets... make it happen....

Prayers really do get answered!

I have had this idea for a VERY long time. Even while Michael was on this side physically, I so wanted to do something like this and had even thought of contacting the international fan community even if my vision sounded crazy to some. Ever since Michael's crossing over so suddenly I have been absolutely sure of doing this at ALL cost! I'm SO, SO glad and blessed that more fans are coming up with this brilliant and absolutely important task! Michael's legacy-his glorious artistic work, unmatched philanthropy and exceptional goodness as a human being are an ETERNAL inspiration for ALL! This truth needs to be passed on and communicated to future generations. This way we shall be doing a GREAT service to planet Earth and mankind. This will be our gift to them and also a very appropriate thankyou to our beloved teacher and angel and to God for blessing us with such a beautiful, beautiful being!

We love you for all time Michael...thankyou for ever...God bless

I talked about this to other Brazilian fans that I talk to spreading many capsules here in Brazil. :wild: :punk: I'll wait to see pictures of MJ time capsules to I have ideas of how I do mine! :wild: :dancin: :dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back