MJAN Open Letter to the Jackson Family - UPDATE MJAN 2nd Open letter PG 19 (Not a MJJC letter)

Re: MJAN Open Letter to the Jackson Family

This seems like a "new softer letter" again I have to agree with MJAN stance,,,that anything that doesn't represent Michael's wishes shouldn't be tolarated. I think it is time that we turn our focus to the trial again...that is going to be a very hard time for all of us,I for one,,,,,dont know if I can stand to hear all the ish that is gonna be said about Michael.

Last edited:

Thank you for bringing MJANS Open letter in response to fans criticsism.
I seperated it into paragraphs so I can read it easier.
my eyes are so bad.

aww your welcome...I understand about the eyes thing....mine aren't much better,,,lol, IDK,,,what do you think about this new letter.maybe the thread title should be updated??,,,,idk,,,just my opinion.

Last edited:

At this point, I'm not sure how people can understand the MJAN site without actually visiting it? Not only to read the blogs, but to read the comments? And the purposes and position statements?

For those of you who do NOT know, it is not uncommon for blog sites to use pseudonyms. Message boards almost ALWAYS use screen-names. (and I DO hope this particular discussion can END, now?) The REASON? Cyber-space is incredibly public, and exposes people to all sorts of good AND bad-intentioned people. In general, in case you do not know, it's NEVER a good idea to post too much personal info online. Even HERE, to post personal info, exposes anyone who does so, the the World Wide Web.

For just one example, on FaceBook, I have "friends" who post info about their vacation schedules. Incredibly BAD idea! Anyone who reads that, knows EXACTLY when they are going to be gone, and can rob them!

The MJAN site CLEARLY states that it's a GROUP of people, from all walks of life, nationalities, ethnicities, and so on. The GROUP stands behind the statements. The statements are IDEAS. Not everyone has to agree with them, of course. That is what discussion is for.

And, in terms of support or non-support of Michael's FAMILY? His CHILDREN are family, too. The closest family he had.

^^By the time the trial starts, everyone will pull together again. We have our disagreements, but I notice when issues get serious and threaten Michael's legacy and justice, we come together and get things done. All I ask is that people please be informed so that we can have discussions about the facts and non-facts we will be hearing.

At this point, I'm not sure how people can understand the MJAN site without actually visiting it? Not only to read the blogs, but to read the comments? And the purposes and position statements?

For those of you who do NOT know, it is not uncommon for blog sites to use pseudonyms. Message boards almost ALWAYS use screen-names. (and I DO hope this particular discussion can END, now?) The REASON? Cyber-space is incredibly public, and exposes people to all sorts of good AND bad-intentioned people. In general, in case you do not know, it's NEVER a good idea to post too much personal info online. Even HERE, to post personal info, exposes anyone who does so, the the World Wide Web.

For just one example, on FaceBook, I have "friends" who post info about their vacation schedules. Incredibly BAD idea! Anyone who reads that, knows EXACTLY when they are going to be gone, and can rob them!

The MJAN site CLEARLY states that it's a GROUP of people, from all walks of life, nationalities, ethnicities, and so on. The GROUP stands behind the statements. The statements are IDEAS. Not everyone has to agree with them, of course. That is what discussion is for.

And, in terms of support or non-support of Michael's FAMILY? His CHILDREN are family, too. The closest family he had.

Thank you Autumn I agree with the above
and I also want to say maybe my comments about the fist letter were a bit harsh and overboard with the Slave letter refernces LOL. It was also out of frustration i was stating that. I still think the tone was too harsh but certainly not as I first stated. The more I read it and the the comments it seems to make more sense. That the Jackson need to be addressed firmly over the concerns that Fans have. Even if they dont reply a seed has been planted and hopefully they will see how disrespectful many of thier actions have been percived from the outside.

I hope they take the concerns serious. Myself Im most concerned about how the children are used. but it all boils down tothem wanting to profit off from Michael name. If they would stop that .. then all the other issues would be resolved, becuase all our concern stems from that point.

I also want to say Im glad MJAN had the courage to write it and post it. At leat we know the family
knows of our concerns. Now we can focus on the trial and seeking Justice for our dear Michael and
of course we will support the Jacksons family in that matter.

Re: MJAN Open Letter to the Jackson Family - UPDATE MJAN 2nd Open letter PG 19

Not everyone has to agree with the M.J.A.N. writing, or with anyone, necessarily. That is a matter of individual thought and decision. What is appalling, is that there were DEATH THREATS on that site, for their expression of opinion! That is so WRONG.

What I'm seeing in all of this, is a lot of discussion of "Michael's family." He had a BIG family. But we all KNOW, without any doubt, where his priorities were, for his ENTIRE life. His priorities were with CHILDREN. His children WERE his family. Just LOOK at what he wrote, in his will? He did NOT give his money to anyone but his children (and to charity. . .), and that speaks volumes.

It's been two-plus YEARS, that Katherine has had the care of these children! We ALL know what Michael lost of his own childhood. And now? His children are essentially orphans. They have a "guardian ad litem," but her role is financial, not emotional. We have seen these children being USED, for two YEARS! and there is no possible way, that anyone who knows anything about Michael, would think this is ok. There is no way, anyone could think HE would think this is ok.

The M.J.A.N. site clearly states that it is a GROUP, with common purpose, in solidarity as a GROUP. Primary is advocacy for Michael's children. If anyone else is doing this for his children, NAME THEM! Anyone? Just NAME them? (didn't think so)

It's about the CHILDREN. His message has ALWAYS been about... the children. .

Last edited:

Going as far as demanding the letter to be deleted here is unbelievable. How many times do the mods have to state that MJJC's take neutral as far as this letter is concerned, having such a take toward it means that people should be allowed to discuss it on here.

Each one has their opinion, respect for their
Charity also is spread love
children mICHAEL always do charity, with
support the family of Michael
Who speaks of greed are some fans

How true!:

children mICHAEL always do charity, with support the family of Michael

This calms me very much

WTH,

Why is my name spread all over this thread when it has absolutely nothing to do with me or MJJC.

This thread is open for discussion of a project others are undertaking and it stays like every other thread here, I do believe its called freedom of speech,

Everyone is permitted to post their opinions and reactions, as long as you do it respectfully.

Thanks
Gaz

Just read through the last several pages of this and my head is spinning. I think the 'anti' letter side of the aisle made one good point: that his family are not going to change. At least, Joe and Katherine are not. They are too old and too set in their ways.
Sad as it is to say, I not do believe that is going to happen no matter how many letters are written. As for the siblings, et al., well, maybe this 'fan intervention' will at least remind them that every and any thing they do is not automatically embraced by a blindly loyal fanbase just because Michael's name is attached.

Katherine J. has more money than she probably ever dreamed of when she was raising those children back in Gary. But, by her actions, it doesn't seem as if it is enough. A fair basis for an objective person to describe her as greedy whether she is, or means to be, or not. It is obvious that she and the others are trying to capitalize on Michael's name and to use his children in financial endeavors...this is a matter of public knowledge. The next logical question is why? She and Michael's children do not need the money, Michael provided abundantly for them. So, why? What is her reason? I wish she would tell us. As for the rest of the family, phfft, perhaps if the fan community ignored them they would go away?

Why can't they get it through their heads that if they wanted to truly honor Michael they should focus on projects close to his heart and not on their bank accounts.

Mostly everything has been said but if the Jackson family wants fans to respect them, its very simple. They need to respect Michael, at least publically. Its not rocket science. Going to the media talking about him, using his kids, etc. we've read all the stories, is not honoring his memory. They're his family; they should be the first ones to have his back. But they haven't, especially when it comes to character attacks on him. As a fan, I wonder how they truly feel about him as a person because they are so publically silent whenever his character is attacked. But...............................................

Just respect him and show that you love him. That's all the fans really want to see.

Just read through the last several pages of this and my head is spinning. I think the 'anti' letter side of the aisle made one good point: that his family are not going to change. At least, Joe and Katherine are not. They are too old and too set in their ways.
Sad as it is to say, I not do believe that is going to happen no matter how many letters are written. As for the siblings, et al., well, maybe this 'fan intervention' will at least remind them that every and any thing they do is not automatically embraced by a blindly loyal fanbase just because Michael's name is attached.

Katherine J. has more money than she probably ever dreamed of when she was raising those children back in Gary. But, by her actions, it doesn't seem as if it is enough. A fair basis for an objective person to describe her as greedy whether she is, or means to be, or not. It is obvious that she and the others are trying to capitalize on Michael's name and to use his children in financial endeavors...this is a matter of public knowledge. The next logical question is why? She and Michael's children do not need the money, Michael provided abundantly for them. So, why? What is her reason? I wish she would tell us. As for the rest of the family, phfft, perhaps if the fan community ignored them they would go away?

Why can't they get it through their heads that if they wanted to truly honor Michael they should focus on projects close to his heart and not on their bank accounts.

Why? I'm sure there is a back-story that we just can't know? Obviously, Michael provided well for her, and she couldn't possibly be strapped for cash? A good guess would be that there are some Jacksons with their hands-out, and she could be under a lot of pressure from them -- to support them?

See, Michael was SMART, to arrange for a stipend for his mother, rather than a lump-sum of money. There is still that legal judgment against her from Korea, and if she had the lump-sum, she'd lose a LOT of it to the lawsuit pay-out.

I really don't understand all their efforts to capitalize on Michael's name, given that there are those in that family who DO have some talent, independent of Michael. Doesn't Tito have a jazz-band that plays in smaller venues? Jermaine's voice is pretty good, and he could do new material? And of course, Janet's career is stellar, in her own right.

The phone calls about that tribute concert revealed that the children's trust-fund was "to help Katherine!" She should have more than enough, already!

Mostly everything has been said but if the Jackson family wants fans to respect them, its very simple. They need to respect Michael, at least publically. Its not rocket science. Going to the media talking about him, using his kids, etc. we've read all the stories, is not honoring his memory. They're his family; they should be the first ones to have his back. But they haven't, especially when it comes to character attacks on him. As a fan, I wonder how they truly feel about him as a person because they are so publically silent whenever his character is attacked. But...............................................

Just respect him and show that you love him. That's all the fans really want to see.

your post in on point. lets see how the Jacksons will speak of Michael in the media during and after this trial. Lets see if they continue to speak poorly of him,,,,lets see if they continue to use the children for farce projects. As you said ...all they have to do is respect Michael and the wishes that he had for his children. THAT is NOT that hard to do.

As for the siblings, et al., well, maybe this 'fan intervention' will at least remind them that every and any thing they do is not automatically embraced by a blindly loyal fanbase just because Michael's name is attached.

I agree with this^^, and I think that is the most we can hope for. All we want from this letter is to make the Jacksons aware that any products they create that exploits Michael or his children, will be scrutinized. They are now aware of this, and that is a good thing. They may not agree with all the points of the letter, but there is an awareness on their part that their actions in relation to those children and Michael is ups for public discussion and censure. That is what we want to make them understand.

About why Katherine does these money schemes, we know the answer. She wants to help her children and grandchildren. They probably ask her for money, and she does not have it, so she uses the only method that she is familiar with. She probably does not want to see the grandchildren living average lifestyles while a few family members are living in luxury. Now the person who said they know what was going on because they are close to the family, can show me how wrong I am, and I would really apologize to the family.

I totally agree. That is a major problem with his family. I see non-family members go on tv and speak and portray Micahel in such a positive way that you feel like you wished you could have met him. They go on tv and it's like you are seeing something from the tabloids. If Michael was my brother I would not go on tv and make him seem like a bad father or paranoid or getting a horse to drink water or whatever it was. It's so annoying. I am sorry but that is how I have felt. Then when someone picks on Michael i wait for his family to do something and nothing. As fans we step up to the plate. To me his will is what he wanted and I try to respect that.

I don't want to buy Katherine's flowers, Joe's perfume, ice cream etc or Latoya's book. I am not their fan. I am Michael's fan yet they keep coming at us with these things because they are related to him and just assume will buy. Latoya then goes on tv and says the estate gives no money to the family. Not to her and her brothers and sisters but they have given what like $10 million over 2 years to support Katherine and the kids. I don't know where she comes from but to me that is A LOT of money. They have nothing to worry about.

Then there is this tribute. It's not like his family can't do something to honor Michael. They should if they want but nothing about this is about Michael. His own estate is not involved. I wish they would try to work with the estate instead of always against. It's like going against Michael since he created it and left it for his children. I hope Prince, Paris and Blanket understand that the estate is for them and that is what their father did for them.

You don't know how many times I feel like a bad MJ fan. I try to be understanding of his family because I know he loved them. I try to respect Michael by respecting his family but these people really push us too far at times. I avoid calling them names and I try to respectfully disagree with them. I wish I actually knew Michael so I know what he would think to do. I just can't support things that I don't agree with. If you just know that Michael would hate or dislike what is going on then I can't support it. It feels wrong. As a fan I have felt pulled in some many different directions and your emotions are all over the place. I just want to do right by Michael.

There's nothing wrong with this letter.

It's not about hate, it's about the things we can observe and witness and are free to voice our opinion about (in this case it's against the ridiculous things the family is still doing). The MJAN isn't dictating what the family should do, they are demonstrating what the family should stop doing - exploiting Michael's fans by utilizing our interest in (almost) everything MJ-related, misusing his children for their own gain, encouraging fans to attack personal enemies of the family, calling themselves a "dynasty" and other embarassing ego stuff. And last but not least: they should stop attacking the MJ Estate and accept that Michael did NOT want his family to manage his estate - for a good reason!

If you're a Michael Jackson fan, you choose what you like and don't like. You choose what and who you want and don't want to support. There's no need to support everything from the family - just because they are related to him. As a fan you're not their stand-up guy. You're a Michael Jackson fan and always free to do whatever you think is best in your opinion - as long as you do it respectfully.

You don't have to personally know any of them. It's their actions that unveil their agenda. Look at Joe, look at Randy, look at Jermaine, look at LaToya, look at Taryll etc., look what they are doing. And then judge for yourself only. And if you don't agree with another fan about sth, don't attack the other fan(s) you don't agree with or say things like "you're not a real fan" - as Taryll Jackson has just recently done. This is knuckle-dragging behavior no fan should regress to.

Michael surely didn't want any "war of the fans". Unfortunately such fan wars are quite common nowadays.

I could explain how myths such as "$ony killed MJ" or "Ca$cio betrayed MJ" and a lot more of this type have initially developed from and how (conspiracy) theories and rumours have surprisingly turned into well-recognized so-called "truths" (by some fans only though), based on lack of knowledge, pure speculation and the telling lies...

...but people that really want to seek the truth, have to do it themselves and won't listen to me anyway. Ironically those fans that attack other people and tell themselves they would do what MJ would have appreciated, are actually - without realizing it - doing the same things that Michael had to face for most of his life: PREJUDICES. (continue with reading my signature)

Last edited:

All the monies that the estate hands out to Katherine/the children...doesn't it have to be accounted for? Or do they just get a wad of money and heigh ho spend it without any need to show where it is going? In that case maybe this is something KJ has a hard time with. Any money she/they make from flowers, belts or whatever is theirs, no one to tell them what to do with it or no need to account for it. Maybe going to Michael for money was one thing, maybe KJ felt he owed it to the family somehow, but going to the estate is...different.
I don't know. This is probably way out in left field. And it really doesn't matter about the reasons anyway. It is still wrong to pimp the children...and Michael's name.
And none of them are destitute for heaven's sake! Read somewhere that Tito, I think, has a net worth of 10 million dollars.
I do not think I want to read anymore about how wonderful KJ is or was. She raised her children to be what...essentially leeches on one of her own children? If there were a shred of honor among them, they would have said, 'no, mother, we will not use Michael's name or children this way. It is the wrong thing to do.' But they seem to just go along with it all.

I think the estate has to show where the money is going and what for even to Katherine. I am not sure but it has to be accounted for.

Yes the money has to be accounted for, otherwise they could take 50,000 and give Katherine 10,000 out of it and say all went to Katherine.

All the monies that the estate hands out to Katherine/the children...doesn't it have to be accounted for? Or do they just get a wad of money and heigh ho spend it without any need to show where it is going? In that case maybe this is something KJ has a hard time with. Any money she/they make from flowers, belts or whatever is theirs, no one to tell them what to do with it or no need to account for it. Maybe going to Michael for money was one thing, maybe KJ felt he owed it to the family somehow, but going to the estate is...different.
I don't know. This is probably way out in left field. And it really doesn't matter about the reasons anyway. It is still wrong to pimp the children...and Michael's name.
And none of them are destitute for heaven's sake! Read somewhere that Tito, I think, has a net worth of 10 million dollars.
I do not think I want to read anymore about how wonderful KJ is or was. She raised her children to be what...essentially leeches on one of her own children? If there were a shred of honor among them, they would have said, 'no, mother, we will not use Michael's name or children this way. It is the wrong thing to do.' But they seem to just go along with it all.

They're down with it cuz it's the easy way and they don't know any better. It seems to me as if Katherine raised her children that way. Look at them, many of them were deadbeats at one point, had financial troubles numerous times. Most of them haven't worked in a couple of decades. Most of them believe regular work is 'beneath' them because they used to be famous in the 70s. Just because Michael was fortunate enough to earn whatever he earned doesn't mean all of them are entitled to it. How many more millions did Michael have to spend on his relatives for them to be satisfied?

You help them once, you help them twice, you help them thrice, he put the majority of his siblings kids through school. What else is he expected to do? People say they were there when he needed support, now I'm gonna be bold here and say it out loud. SO WHAT? So what if they were?! You want them to get something in return because some of them decided to support him when the man was battling his life?! Isn't that what 'family' is supposed to do?! To be there? And after everything Michael's done for them, the least they could do to return his numerous favors was to be there, without expecting anything back from him in their minds.

There is no doubt in my mind that they would have led regular lives somewhere across the United States WITHOUT Michael. Katherine sees no harm in exploiting Michael if it benefits the rest of the gang, because she's been doing just that throughout Michael's entire life. It's like they are trying to 'punish' him for achieving whatever he did. But again, it wasn't Michael's fault that he was gifted while the others were not, it wasn't Michael's fault that he was disciplined while they weren't, it wasn't Michael's fault that he posessed the work ethic the rest of them lacked. It wasn't Michael's fault that he made it big while they were buried in oblivion. It wasn't Michael's fault that he was who he was, and the others were not. Michael did MORE THAN ENOUGH for them.

And you know maybe, just maybe if they had behaved differently toward him, without all the jealousy, resentment, bitterness, lies, scheming- involved, maybe he would have thought better of them. Maybe he wouldn't have distanced himself from them as early as he did. I'm even surprised Michael managed to reach 50 with all the madness involved in his life, madness pure nastiness he was facing from all sides including from his family at times.

When Michael said he was a very strong and that he had rhinoceros skin, I wasn't entirely convinced, in my mind I thought he was trying to hide his real feelings, that he couldn't be that strong. But now being older and seeing a tiny bit of how much crap he actually had to deal with from everywhere, including his family. I totally believe him. Michael was indeed a very strong man, and he had to have had rhinoceros skin. He must have been a strong man, because I know I wouldn't have made it as long as he did with all the people around.

And it's even sadder to think what the man outlived/dealt with only to be killed at the hands of an incompetent arrogant asshole as Murray. You'd think this family would actually fight for justice, the least they could do is fight for Murray to be convicted but it seems as if speaking out against Murray - the man who killed their son/sibling- is even too much to ask from them. It's a travesty, a real travesty to witness all the madness unfolding after Michael's death, and no Michael did not deserve this, he did not deserve to have a family like this one, he does not deserve to have siblings and parents interested in money only.

It's not right that many of them sold interviews 1 week after Michael died selling him out, selling his children out, it's not right for them to say Michael and his children were not blood related yet 4 of them did just that. It's not right for them to say Michael was an addict, a junkie in denial, them comparing Michael to a horse that had to be led to water was not right either. It's not right for some of them to go around and proclaim their sympathy toward Murray, it's not right for them to go around and state Murray is the fall guy, when by all accounts he is the one who killed Michael.

It's not right for them to sell interviews to the press saying they've forgiven Murray. The Jackson's are willing to jeopardize this entire case against Murray for the sake of the mighty $. And that's just not right no matter what justifications some might come up with. NO NO NO

Last edited:

@twinkIEE :clapping:*standing ovation* and Amen to that!

The Jackson's are willing to jeopardize this entire case against Murray for the sake of the mighty $. And that's just not right no matter what justifications some might come up with. NO NO NO

Excatly! they seem to care bout these tribute concerts than going to the trial & finding out what happened to michael on june 25th. ( im saying this as an example) If there were any of my brothers and their doctor had been put on trial for their death id go there everyday no matter what to make sure justice was done & to find out the truth. cuz that is what family is about

I see from the comments on the M.J.A.N. site, for the blog, and follow-up blog, that some fans criticize the letter for "telling Katherine how to raise those children." I'd like to give my thoughts on that? At the outset, almost ALL fans wished Katherine well, and were supportive. She did some things differently from Michael's parenting, i.e. sending two of the three kids to school. That wasn't Michael's choice for them, but he was gone and she had custody, and I didn't see fan interference or outrage. The kids began to be photographed in public, on the way to Karate classes, etc. That was not (not very much) criticized, either.

The first REAL alarm was the Taser incident, involving Blanket. We still don't know what the truth was, but it was sufficiently serious as to involve a DCSF visit, and follow-ups. I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm a parent, and DCFS has never been to MY house, or the homes of anyone that I know! This began to be quite concerning, and at that point the reality of just how MANY people were in that house, became a topic for discussion, and consternation. But STILL, most fans supported Katherine's parenting.

So, some (not many, but they are very vocal) fans are "outraged" that the letter is "interfering!" Guys? After the Taser incicent, Katherine THEN signed a contract with Howard Mann, a porn producer. If you've READ that contract, not only does it presume to sign Michael's children to a life of servitude! (thankfully, not legalyl!), but it uses the word "EXPLOITATION." It only got worse. Kids on Oprah. Katherine saying "Michael's nose was a toothpick." (SHAME on her. Yes, . . .shame.) The kids were signing belts, wearing t-shirts that made them walking logos for a charity that was so bogus that a lawsuit was filed against it, and then Paris holding up bottle of Joe's perfume-line, and now we know that the kids will "make an appearance" at the so-called Tribute (and THANKFULLY, KISS will not be there. But, they would have been without fan-action -- pretty sure).

So the question is, at what point ARE we "our brothers' keepers?" Children -- all children -- would be safer if families were not islands, and if people paid attention and saw if children were in abusive, dangerous, or exploitative situations. We ARE responsible. Every adult person is responsible for EVERY child if we see what we perceive as harm being done. Adults should be looking out for children! It really does "take a village." I certainly wouldn't want interference with MY parenting -- unless -- I signed up my child to make money for ME, through the schemes of a porn producer! I think at that point, I would lose the right to raise my child only "my own way" without comment or interference. Chlidren are NOT property! If anyone was paying attention, I hope they would intervene in a situation like that? And they SHOULD.

Add to that what we DO know about Michael? We KNOW about his parenting. We know, a hundred percent, that he never, EVER would have used his children to promote HIS products and projects. We know that he gave his children a life full of travel, educational opportunities, and protection from the excesses of media. Those children were lovingly supervised! Katherine's behavior crossed the line, BADLY, with the Howard Mann contract, and events involving the children, since then.

This was not an overnight situation. At the outset, almost everyone wished Katherine well. But things went sour, and we know that from PUBLIC knowledge -- kids' tv appearances, photo-ops, required promotion of an extremely sketchy charity, and so much more. We KNOW about Paris' rampant "tweeting," where it seems likely that there is no supervision, at all, about that. Katherine seems to be following the pattern of how she raised her own children, and there is no confusion about the pain his lost childhood cost Michael. He NEVER would have wanted his children to be in the public eye at their young ages. We KNOW that.

Some fans say, "Michael LOVED his family, and to criticize them is like criticizing HIM." I'm sure he loved them -- mostly at a distance. He loved them SO much, he left them out of the will! That was a pretty eloquent statement by Michael?

You know what? Without fan intervention, I'm pretty sure those kids would be on the same stage as KISS! Every adult is responsible, if he/she is aware of a situation where children are being exploited. Given what we know of how Michael lived his life, I'm pretty sure he would AGREE with that.

Michael's priority, in his life, was CHILDREN.

(edit) I'll add that fans have had concerns about the well-being of those kids for AWHILE now, as evidenced by posts on the fan-boards, i.e. Howard Mann contract, HTW foundation, KISS, and a LOT of other things. None of this is exactly NEW news?

Last edited:

I could explain how myths such as "$ony killed MJ" or "Ca$cio betrayed MJ" and a lot more of this type have initially developed from and how (conspiracy) theories and rumours have surprisingly turned into well-recognozided so-called "truths" (by some fans only though), based on lack of knowledge, pure speculation and the telling lies...

...but people that really want to seek the truth, have to do it themselves and won't listen to me anyway. Ironically those fans that attack other people and tell themselves they would do what MJ would have appreciated, are actually - without realizing it - doing the same things that Michael had to face for most of his life: PREJUDICES. (continue with reading my signature)

Excellent posting, Korgnex!

I see from the comments on the M.J.A.N. site, for the blog, and follow-up blog, that some fans criticize the letter for "telling Katherine how to raise those children." I'd like to give my thoughts on that? At the outset, almost ALL fans wished Katherine well, and were supportive. She did some things differently from Michael's parenting, i.e. sending two of the three kids to school. That wasn't Michael's choice for them, but he was gone and she had custody, and I didn't see fan interference or outrage. The kids began to be photographed in public, on the way to Karate classes, etc. That was not (not very much) criticized, either.

The first REAL alarm was the Taser incident, involving Blanket. We still don't know what the truth was, but it was sufficiently serious as to involve a DCSF visit, and follow-ups. I don't know about anyone else here, but I'm a parent, and DCFS has never been to MY house, or the homes of anyone that I know! This began to be quite concerning, and at that point the reality of just how MANY people were in that house, became a topic for discussion, and consternation. But STILL, most fans supported Katherine's parenting.

So, some (not many, but they are very vocal) fans are "outraged" that the letter is "interfering!" Guys? After the Taser incicent, Katherine THEN signed a contract with Howard Mann, a porn producer. If you've READ that contract, not only does it presume to sign Michael's children to a life of servitude! (thankfully, not legalyl!), but it uses the word "EXPLOITATION." It only got worse. Kids on Oprah. Katherine saying "Michael's nose was a toothpick." (SHAME on her. Yes, . . .shame.) The kids were signing belts, wearing t-shirts that made them walking logos for a charity that was so bogus that a lawsuit was filed against it, and then Paris holding up bottle of Joe's perfume-line, and now we know that the kids will "make an appearance" at the so-called Tribute (and THANKFULLY, KISS will not be there. But, they would have been without fan-action -- pretty sure).

So the question is, at what point ARE we "our brothers' keepers?" Children -- all children -- would be safer if families were not islands, and if people paid attention and saw if children were in abusive, dangerous, or exploitative situations. We ARE responsible. Every adult person is responsible for EVERY child if we see what we perceive as harm being done. Adults should be looking out for children! It really does "take a village." I certainly wouldn't want interference with MY parenting -- unless -- I signed up my child to make money for ME, through the schemes of a porn producer! I think at that point, I would lose the right to raise my child only "my own way" without comment or interference. Chlidren are NOT property! If anyone was paying attention, I hope they would intervene in a situation like that? And they SHOULD.

Add to that what we DO know about Michael? We KNOW about his parenting. We know, a hundred percent, that he never, EVER would have used his children to promote HIS products and projects. We know that he gave his children a life full of travel, educational opportunities, and protection from the excesses of media. Those children were lovingly supervised! Katherine's behavior crossed the line, BADLY, with the Howard Mann contract, and events involving the children, since then.

This was not an overnight situation. At the outset, almost everyone wished Katherine well. But things went sour, and we know that from PUBLIC knowledge -- kids' tv appearances, photo-ops, required promotion of an extremely sketchy charity, and so much more. We KNOW about Paris' rampant "tweeting," where it seems likely that there is no supervision, at all, about that. Katherine seems to be following the pattern of how she raised her own children, and there is no confusion about the pain his lost childhood cost Michael. He NEVER would have wanted his children to be in the public eye at their young ages. We KNOW that.

Some fans say, "Michael LOVED his family, and to criticize them is like criticizing HIM." I'm sure he loved them -- mostly at a distance. He loved them SO much, he left them out of the will! That was a pretty eloquent statement by Michael?

You know what? Without fan intervention, I'm pretty sure those kids would be on the same stage as KISS! Every adult is responsible, if he/she is aware of a situation where children are being exploited. Given what we know of how Michael lived his life, I'm pretty sure he would AGREE with that.

Michael's priority, in his life, was CHILDREN.

(edit) I'll add that fans have had concerns about the well-being of those kids for AWHILE now, as evidenced by posts on the fan-boards, i.e. Howard Mann contract, HTW foundation, KISS, and a LOT of other things. None of this is exactly NEW news?

well Autumn you have hit the nail on the head with your post. :clapping:

:clapping:mad:Autumn II My arms are going to get tired here. *standing ovation*

Somewhere in this thread wrote somebody:
“…just like how I have no control of how my neighbors raise their children….”
(I felt not strong enough linguistically to protest against it.)

But:
When we SEE and are SILENT means that: TOLERATE.
Und Tolerance makes us accomplices.

The same is in the matter Katherine & PPB.

Mneme;3476471 said:
Somewhere in this thread wrote somebody:
“…just like how I have no control of how my neighbors raise their children….”
(I felt not strong enough linguistically to protest against it.)

But:
When we SEE and are SILENT means that: TOLERATE.
Und Tolerance makes us accomplices.

The same is in the matter Katherine & PPB.

I thinks it goes back to an old saying:

"Evil only triumph when good people do nothing."

Look what rapper named Bun B said last year:
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1642233/bun-b-on-michael-jackson-let-that-man-rest-peace.jhtml
"I think they should definitely pull the kids back," he said. "Take his children and pull them back. Dude ain't never want that for his kids. I think that for a life of being misunderstood, and [having]miscommunications and not discussing a lot of what was going on with himself, I think the one thing we could all draw from him was that he didn't want anybody bothering his children. He didn't want them to deal with the type of craziness and madness that comes with being in this industry. Unfortunately, it looks like some people want to pull them in this mess for money, which is unfortunate because the estate of Michael Jackson isn't hurting for no money. A lot of people should leave well enough alone."

^^^ whoever Bun B is I like him.

Back