MJAN Open Letter to the Jackson Family - UPDATE MJAN 2nd Open letter PG 19 (Not a MJJC letter)

Re: MJAN Open Letter to the Jackson Family

Im sorry but this letter crosses the line
Fans cant order or dictacte what the Jacksons can or cant not do.
This sounds like a list of commandments from God or a slavemaster

We can certainly voice our concerns, but we have no right to give ordersto anyone in this manner I feel This letter is
out of line in the way it was written and I cant support it in that form. It could have been written better as a list of
concerns from the fans pointing out these issues and be better recieved by the Jackson's media and other fans.
We dont have the right to tell the Jacksons or ANYONE what they can or can not do ..

I agree with the concerns posted
in the letter but .. Take out the .. Thou SHALL NOTS
Sound like a letter to someones SLAVES .. who must do their bidding. (Know your place) Boy
Im not so worried about hurting the Jacksons's feelings but very concerned on how this reflects
on Michael's fanbase in a very negative way :(

Im Sorry but the form and tone of this letter embarrasses me as a fan :(

Not everyone has to agree with it, and that's fine. The letter was carefully crafted/reviewed by the MJAN Team, and there was no one who thought it should NOT be published. It represents ONLY the thoughts of MJAN, and doesn't presume to speak for anyone else. So in that sense, everyone is free to agree or disagree.

I have many mix feelings about this letter.

It is overly harsh to tell any family that they don't have the right to have a tribute to their own family member. I also don't agree with the tone and I think the estate is brought up a little too much. The estate has the finical well-being of the children in mind, not their mental health. That is not the job Michael outlined to Branca and Mcclain. He gave that responsibility to his mother. I also disagree on the point that the family shouldn't try to preserve Michael’s legacy. There is no one who can or should defend him better than his family. They knew him since birth and have that bond that is shared by no one else.

Everything else, however, I completely agree with. Especially these quotes:

"Michael Jackson’s fans are not your fans. If they had wanted to be fans of other Jackson family members, they would have done so when Michael was still alive. The fans are not an already-planted crop to be harvested by you, as an income for you, and their fandom does not transfer to the family automatically — if at all.

You continue to squabble amongst yourselves, but in a very public way. Please work out your differences in private, and refrain from tweeting your arguments for all to see. Your quarreling is undignified, and should be resolved within the privacy of the family.

You are not actually a dynasty, nor are you royalty with a kingdom. There is only one living Michael Jackson sibling with a high-level career. That is Janet, and she earned it. The rest of you would be wise to pursue your own projects and careers. Modesty is a virtue, and describing yourselves as a dynasty has become an embarrassment.

Michael’s wishes for the parenting of his children should be respected. He lost his own childhood due to premature celebrity, and he tried very hard to protect his children from that same loss. They are not bait, for any money-making enterprises of yours. They need to be loved and supervised until they are of the ages to make their own choices about whether or not to have public lives. The Jackson family can best preserve Michael’s legacy by raising his children according to his choices when alive.
"

However, even though I don't care for the tone of the letter I can no longer work up the pity to care how the family would feel. A part of me even feels they deserved even worst than this letter, especially with recent events. Everything about this family sparks almost nothing but anger, frustration, and sadness from me. No, I don't feel sadness for this family, I am passed that point. I feel sadness towards Michael for being used this way even in death. I wondered how he kept himself sane knowing that the people who should loved him the most saw him as nothing more than a cash machine at the end of the day. Even as he was murdered by another, they can't seem to care enough about to stopped thinking about money. Even his own mother sold him out at the end of the day and is now even selling his kids almost assuring that the cycle starts all over again except without the physical abuse.

Knowing all the above makes me sick. Fans may say we should love that family and/or respect them because of their Michael's blood, but that is nothing more than a freaking excuse now. There should be no more free passes given to this family rather they be Michael's kin or not. We should judged them for their actions and their actions has shown us that nearly everyone in that family sold their souls for money.

They may love Michael, but they obviously loved money and the 'King of Pop' more than their son.

Last edited:

Im sorry but this letter crosses the line
Fans cant order or dictacte what the Jacksons can or cant not do. This sounds like a list of commandments from God
We can certainly voice our concerns, but we have no right to give ordersto anyone in this manner I feel This letter is
out of line in the way it was written and I cant support it in that form. It could have been written better as a list of
concerns from the fans pointing out these issues and be better recieved by the Jackson's media and other fans.
We dont have the right to tell the Jacksons or ANYONE what they can or can not do ..

I agree with the concerns posted
in the letter but .. Take out the .. Thou SHALL NOTS
Sound like a letter to someones SLAVES .. who must do their bidding. (Know your place) Boy
Im not so worried about hurting the Jacksons's feelings but very concerned on how this reflects
on Michael's fanbase in a very negative way :(

Im Sorry but the form and tone of this letter embarrasses me as a fan :(

I agree with you, letter embarrasses me as a fan

I agree with you, letter embarrasses me as a fan

You certainly do have a right to your opinion. However, the letter is not from "fans" in general, but a particular -- and diverse -- team of people using their legal right to express an opinion. In other words, it is not intended to, nor does it, express the opinion of ALL fans.

And as I said, the letter was a LONG time coming. It is based on MANY, IMO, bad decisions by the family. Such as:

--Taser incident
--Howard Mann contract, that USES the children
--Michael's children's appearance on Oprah
--the initial inclusion of KISS in the tribute concert
--a trust-fund for the children (that they do not need), that GLE said was to "help Katherine." She gets a HUGE monthly stipend!
--very public airing of dirty-laundry (mostly tweets) by various family members.
--utilizing the children for the marketing of various Jackson family products
--not speaking up for MICHAEL when he's abused in the press!

Those things, and more, generated the letter.

For me, PERSONALLY, seeing Paris holding up a bottle of Joe's perfume that he was marketing, was simply. . .too much.

I understand that dear .. but I feel this will backfire in a very negative way on the fanbase
for the way it is written as a letter to ones SLAVES .. Orders , Commandments from the Master.

A very good letter. Totally necessary.

They are minors, and we have NO idea what they do "willingly." Nobody here knows. The POINT is, that Michael was extremely careful with his parenting, in keeping the children out of the public eye, and downplaying the privilege and celebrity that came along with being his children. That was his CLEAR manner of parenting. The children may or may not have known that Oprah thought Michael was GUILTY of child-molestation. I think Michael shielded them from a lot of that media garbage. And yet? There they WERE, on Oprah. I highly doubt that if they'd known the whole story, and had had a choice, that they would have appeared on that show. And why NOT? Precisely because they are intelligent young people!

Who lives in the home of Kathe, are children, not of the fans know for sure what happens then Can not Claim That They Are
manipulated, can only opine and deducta
Michael is no longer alive, so everything changed, not the children
take the life he wanted more
But They Are They pass me well and happy, that is what matters
And If They are happy now, is the merit of the family of Michael
But attitudes of fans makes sad because
are against the grandmother who they love
Oprah and tabloids to Them is not important, important is love and Michael
They Turned the page and some fans have not

I understand that dear .. but I feel this will backfire in a very negative way on the fanbase
for the way it is written as a letter to ones SLAVES .. Orders , Commandments from the Master.

I agree with you here....The points in the letter are valid, absolutely, no doubt....However, the tone of it, the demands, and what not will backfire...If I was reading this letter intended for me with the tone it instills, the only response I'd have is ...'fuck them'...Seriously, because people don't respond well (if at all) to tones like that....That's all I'm saying....I don't agree with what the Jacksons say or do, so the content of the letter isn't the issue...It's the tone....If you want action, I think some more tact is in order....This 'do as I say' attitude isn't gonna work...

The operative word here is 'Children,' and Children are minors requiring proper love and guidance until they reach adulthood. Michael wanted that for his children; he wanted them to be taken well care of, and not used.

That is what we, the fans, want for his children as well. In saying that, we are not implying they are 'mentally feeble', but merely respecting Michael's wishes, and the fact that they are still minors.

Please don't think the children are always willing participants in the family's money making and attention seeking endeavors. Paris has stated that they did not appear on the Oprah show by choice - they were made to.

Who lives in the home of Kathe, are children, not of the fans know for sure what happens then Can not Claim That They Are

A very good letter. Totally necessary.

Sadly -- necessary. It was not ill-considered, either, but CAREFULLY considered. And, a long time coming.

The family is looking to Michael's fans for support of THEIR projects, and in that sense, have an interaction with fans in a public way. That includes their tweets, interviews, and public statements. At least SOME fans have had enough, and have expressed an opinion, also in a public way.

To take just one incident? Putting the children on Oprah, as part of the "Mann contract" was an EXTREMELY bad choice, IMO. There is no way on God's blue earth, that Michael would have POSSIBLY approved of that. That should be entirely and completely OBVIOUS, given the way Oprah trashed the children's FATHER during the trial, and continues to trash him? What WERE they thinking? Because the children were involved, in a way that's even worse than the attempt to include KISS in a tribute concert!

I think Michael's will is pretty clear. Isn't it?

I hope the Jacksons never see this letter.

Right and Michael looked happy too as a child as he was being beating and worked half to death by his father. But, he loved his father so all is forgiven even if the near sight of Joe cause him to vomit. He also said as a child what a happy family they all were too.

I'm sorry, what was your point again?

You certainly do have a right to your opinion. However, the letter is not from "fans" in general, but a particular -- and diverse -- team of people using their legal right to express an opinion. In other words, it is not intended to, nor does it, express the opinion of ALL fans.

And as I said, the letter was a LONG time coming. It is based on MANY, IMO, bad decisions by the family. Such as:

--Taser incident
--Howard Mann contract, that USES the children
--Michael's children's appearance on Oprah
--the initial inclusion of KISS in the tribute concert
--a trust-fund for the children (that they do not need), that GLE said was to "help Katherine." She gets a HUGE monthly stipend!
--very public airing of dirty-laundry (mostly tweets) by various family members.
--utilizing the children for the marketing of various Jackson family products
--not speaking up for MICHAEL when he's abused in the press!

Those things, and more, generated the letter.

For me, PERSONALLY, seeing Paris holding up a bottle of Joe's perfume that he was marketing, was simply. . .too much.

I am in full agreement with your post. What are we suppose to do sit back and continue to watch time after time as this family continues to make the SAME errors over and over again.?? As you have stated we ARE allowed to voice our OPINIONS on such matters...SOMEONE has to. I just really dont understand what is so difficult for some to see. If WE dont stand up and defend Michael and his children WHO will...it is time that OUR voices ARE heard. Enough has been done..and it IS time that the Jackon's hear about it. They can try to ignore us all they want...they can block us on twitter all they want...they only do that because they think that they DONT have to answer or be accountable for what it is they do. They just blow it all off and then the fans settle down until the NEXT time they decide to do something ridiculous. Well I for one am tired of seeing this happen, Will this letter help? Who knows..that is yet to be seen. I agree seeing Paris stand their with Joe' cologne bottle WAS the last straw for me. Hearing Joe compare Blanket to Michael..as though he is gonna use him to make cash in the future,,,,was the last straw...this lame ass excuse for a tribute concert...was the last straw. The Jackson's ARE NOT above ANY of us they are people just like us..and if I personally tried to do the kind of ish that they have done...I too would hope that someone would care enough to point it out. It's Michael and the children I care about NOT the entire Jackson clan...and to be honest it has NOT always been that way. I use to support them.but since all this crap started happening..Sorry...I cannot back them anymore

I am in full agreement with your post. What are we suppose to do sit back and continue to watch time after time as this family continues to make the SAME errors over and over again.?? As you have stated we ARE allowed to voice our OPINIONS on such matters...SOMEONE has to. I just really dont understand what is so difficult for some to see. If WE dont stand up and defend Michael and his children WHO will...it is time that OUR voices ARE heard. Enough has been done..and it IS time that the Jackon's hear about it. They can try to ignore us all they want...they can block us on twitter all they want...they only do that because they think that they DONT have to answer or be accountable for what it is they do. They just blow it all off and then the fans settle down until the NEXT time they decide to do something ridiculous. Well I for one am tired of seeing this happen, Will this letter help? Who knows..that is yet to be seen. I agree seeing Paris stand their with Joe' cologne bottle WAS the last straw for me. Hearing Joe compare Blanket to Michael..as though he is gonna use him to make cash in the future,,,,was the last straw...this lame ass excuse for a tribute concert...was the last straw. The Jackson's ARE NOT above ANY of us they are people just like us..and if I personally tried to do the kind of ish that they have done...I too would hope that someone would care enough to point it out. It's Michael and the children I care about NOT the entire Jackson clan...and to be honest it has NOT always been that way. I use to support them.but since all this crap started happening..Sorry...I cannot back them anymore

I think it is more of the tone than anything else most fans don't agree with. I won't go as far as call it a 'slave' letter as qbee puts it. But, I think the tone is off because the letter claims that the family has no rights at all to Michael, which I don't completely agree with.

That is their son, brother, and father and they do have the right to talk about him. The problem is, however, is that everything they have done is a money scheme and they don't seem to care about the person known as Michael. In fact, allot of the things they have done comes across as resentful. I guess they are not only mad at Michael for getting himself killed, but having the nerve not to leave them a dime and give 'white' people power over his estate.

Actually, the LAST straw for me was something. . . . relatively small. It was the answer to a question about the "trust fund." It was stated that it was to "help Katherine." That was an incredible red flag. This is a trust-fund for Michael's children, that they do NOT need. The entire estate of their father is a trust fund! They are FINE, financially. So, why set up a fund in the CHILDREN'S name? To benefit Katherine? What is WRONG with that picture? Is that not USING the children? Michael provided generously for his mother. She gets an enormous amount of money each month! She needs MORE? And uses Michael's children's names to get it? There is no possible way this woman is hurting financially! How much does she NEED, anyway?

So yeah, for me, that was IT. The very final straw. (and of course all the other strangeness about the tribute concert, including marketing it as a "charity event?" But not telling us how much, or how, money will ACTUALLY be distributed to charities? And that when Michael's will allocates a VERY generous amount to charities?)

I agree with you here....The points in the letter are valid, absolutely, no doubt....However, the tone of it, the demands, and what not will backfire...If I was reading this letter intended for me with the tone it instills, the only response I'd have is ...'fuck them'...Seriously, because people don't respond well (if at all) to tones like that....That's all I'm saying....I don't agree with what the Jacksons say or do, so the content of the letter isn't the issue...It's the tone....If you want action, I think some more tact is in order....This 'do as I say' attitude isn't gonna work...
Chances are that the Jacksons would ignore the content anyway. If a common understanding of what's appropriate has not held them back so far, then no matter how mildly or fiercely the sentiments were expressed, the family would probably forge ahead regardless. And while the letter is blunt, I disagree that it is paternalistic. It is a letter of deep frustration and disappointment that makes clear the alienation that so many of us fans feel at this point.

I understand what some of you are saying. Michael didn't like to shame his family in public, no matter how badly they behaved at times. However, he didn't have the opportunity to witness how they have conducted themselves since his death and how they have flouted his wishes for how his children should be raised.

Chances are that the Jacksons would ignore the content anyway. If a common understanding of what's appropriate has not held them back so far, then no matter how mildly or fiercely the sentiments were expressed, the family would probably forge ahead regardless. And while the letter is blunt, I disagree that it is paternalistic. It is a letter of deep frustration and disappointment that makes clear the alienation that so many of us fans feel at this point.

I understand what some of you are saying. Michael didn't like to shame his family in public, no matter how badly they behaved at times. However, he didn't have the opportunity to witness how they have conducted themselves since his death and how they have flouted his wishes for how his children should be raised.

I'm not denying anyone deep frustration and concern....I totally agree with the content...It's just the tone and demand of it...I don't know how proactive it really is....No one can tell anyone what to do...It'll cause people to either shut down or lash out...

But, let's just see how the response pans out...Then we can discuss it ;)

That's true. Michael didn't like to "shame his family" in public. Except, for his WILL -- which excluded ALL of them except for Katherine's support. That spoke volumes, didn't it?

oh really..and what was their response? I can probably already guess...a big F U. Thank you for telling us moodyblue

I've no idea about the response, I'm trying to find out right now. I just found out at it reached at least one of them. They'll probably ignore it as usual.

I've no idea about the response, I'm trying to find out right now. I just found out at it reached at least one of them. They'll probably ignore it as usual.

thank you. and yes you are so right..probably will be ignored. But I hope not...I hope that they take it for what it is ment to be. A eye opener to how it is the world sees what is going on with the bad choices that are being made. Guess time will tell.

I understand all the points taken in the letter and I myself am very upset with the Jacksons
and how they use Michael and his children in the manner they do. My ONLY problem with this letter is the dictorial demands
instead of Loving concern from MJ fans about his legacy and children. I feel No one will listen they will only have contempt for
the arrogant demands in the letter and completly miss the concerns. becuase there is no love or concern shown in the letter only your contempt - and thats what people will focus on instead of the valid concerns.

Even if we speak in the tongues of Angels without Love we are just a clanging cymbol or banging Gong (Noise)
1 Corinthians 13:1

They wont take notice regardless of how its written.theyve shown that everytime another scam that involves the kids is anounced after the fans have shown their anger and concern at the previous one

Deary me! I worry, and this is in a honest sincere way that some of us have become very bitter, angry, territorial and didactic. The coming weeks with the trial will be difficult times - 2005 repeated... but thankfully Michael will be sleeping peacefully, his soul resting and he will never have to witness the mudslinging that will take place inside the courtroom. The Jackson family since Michael's demise has shown to be who they always were but somewhere inside me I'd like to hope there is some love, care and guidance granted to Prince, Paris and Blanket. The only three people along with Michael's legacy that need to be treasured.

We all need to stay firm but respectful.....I hope we find some comfort as justice will be served. I was positive in 2005...will stay positive now. xx

Right and Michael looked happy too as a child as he was being beating and worked half to death by his father. But, he loved his father so all is forgiven even if the near sight of Joe cause him to vomit. He also said as a child what a happy family they all were too.

I'm sorry, what was your point again?

My point is children Turned the page and some fans have not, respect other opinions, but my opinions is mine, I am in favor of the participating
de events children when they are happy
Mention his sons pretend is making excuses
We live in 2011, much has changed, the childrens today have their own opinions
Paris was the first to show with 11 years
when he took the microphone and told the world who was his father

I have nothing but respect for the work & dedication of MJAN...although I'm getting the feeling that this letter is trying to get it's point and views across in the same way someone wants to correct/ control a dog with a choke chain. The points of the letter, great. We all agree with them. But...the tone is really misplaced. Anger & frustration has got the better of the writers unfortunately.

I have nothing but respect for the work & dedication of MJAN...although I'm getting the feeling that this letter is trying to get it's point and views across in the same way someone wants to correct/ control a dog with a choke chain. The points of the letter, great. We all agree with them. But...the tone is really misplaced. Anger & frustration has got the better of the writers unfortunately.

Well, the letter expresses OPINIONS, only. I think that almost all fans had great compassion and caring for the family, in their time of loss. But now, it's been over two YEARS! Michael tried so HARD to keep his children out of the public eye. He really, really did . . . . . . and at least some fans are heartbroken at what's going on now. . . . .

oh really..and what was their response? I can probably already guess...a big F U. Thank you for telling us moodyblue

And considering the way this letter was written, I wouldn't blame them.

Back