MJFC is closing :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankita

Proud Member
One of the best, oldest and most respected fan club-The Michael Jackson Fan Club is closing down. :cry:
It has always been very respectful of Michael, his private life and the fans.. I have been visiting it for the past 13 years...my heart is so heavy...:girl_weeping:

It hosted the famous Killer Thriller party which even Michael attended! :clapping:

Thank you for all the glorious years dearest MJFC...your L.O.V.E for our beloved and for all that he stands for shall always do him and all of us proud!:angel:

:heart:
Here's the website-
www.mjfanclub.net

I was not a member of that forum, but I'm sorry to hear that. I hope MJJC will go on for a long time.

Thank you for this. I used the link you supplied and this is a site I had never been to. So, of course,I'm not a member and therefore, couldn't really look around on the site, but I was able to read the letter to the members about its closely. Excellent letter; well done, well said; and very respectful towards MJ along with true affection towards him being evident.

I noted that one of their listed reasons for closing is that they were not having as much interest by members to join staff...did I get that right? Hasn't that also been true for MJJC over the last year? I'll never get over how hard qbee and Ivy work here on this site; their commitment is exemplary. And, also, Gaz's efforts done so much of the time behind the scenes, as well. But I realize they can't do it all. Thank you, then, to those who recently became staff and are helping those that put so much into this site.

Maybe someone could tell me, seeing as this is the only MJ site I go to/belong to, what other main MJ sites are still out there other than MJJC?

Last edited:
I've never been a member nor of any other MJ forum really except MJJC, but I was aware of this site and checked it out a few times. Sad about it closing.

That's too bad about MJFC. Its a shame that it has come to this. But as the letter stated,
it's something that couldn't be avoided.

I was a member there for years. After Michael passed, I slowed down going there
but would pop in occasionally. One day I tried to log on to the site and it said I had been "banned for LIFE"!!
I was like, wth? :bugeyed I never saw it coming since I did nothing wrong and I'm not a trouble maker at all.
I tried to communicate with them to find out WHY? What? But to no avail.
I still don't know why, and quite frankly, it doesn't even matter any more.

Sorry to hear about it closing tho. It was a pretty nice fan forum even tho they did do
that to me for no reason.

The reasons for our decision are many - some of them practical, and some personal. But the bottom line is, the steadily decreasing number of people on the team while the workload stayed the same, coupled with the continuous struggle to finance the costs of maintaining the club have made it impossible for us to go on.

^^^ That is the main reason many have gone down - lack of financial support.

I can't believe that site is closing. Since I am a member of that site. Even though I don't go there as often as I do with this site. But I am sad that they are closing. I just hope this site stays around forever. Especially since these MJ sites is still the only connection I have to the MJ world.

^ I don't know why I am unable to edit my post but I have typos I can't go in and correct inclusing: really, join...and most important, qBee...gah, sorry about that qbee!!! I write too quickly sometimes.

(if the edit button appears later in my post above I will edit in and ask for this post to be deleted (since it's a double post) :(

Try editing now, :)

And yes I'm still here fully owning this place as usual, I don't post much as I'm more the organiser the technical aspect web developer coder/designer etc, everything you see and places you read is built by me, and like I've said before whilst I breathe so will MJJC.

(8-7-2013) Dear Fans,

Some of you may have noticed lately that updates on the MJFC website have been either slow or nonexistent in the last several months. You may have even suspected, or worried that there was a problem. Well, this is a statement that we never wanted to have to make, however, we are unable to avoid it.

It is with heavy hearts that we have decided to close The Michael Jackson Fan Club. This was not an easy decision for us to make, nor is it one that we have taken lightly. We have talked about it, and struggled with it, and weighed our options for the better part of a year, trying to come up with a solution that benefited everyone. The reasons for our decision are many - some of them practical, and some personal. But the bottom line is, the steadily decreasing number of people on the team while the workload stayed the same, coupled with the continuous struggle to finance the costs of maintaining the club have made it impossible for us to go on.

We wish to thank all of you who became our Supporting Members over the last several years, as well as those of you who donated money to various projects, such as sending flowers to the gravesite. Without your contributions we certainly couldn't have remained online as long as we did. We also want to thank those of you who were helpers, Forum Moderators, and Team Members over the years. It was great fun working with you, and we wish you well.

Please know that our love and devotion to Mr. Michael Jackson will never waver. It will never diminish. It will never die. He is our Best of Joy, and will always remain so! It has been our great pleasure to serve you over the years. Little Michael Jackson certainly took us on one wild ride, didn't he? We wouldn't have missed it for the world. In our hearts and in our lives, he will forever remain the one, the ONLY, King of Pop!

Sincerely,

The MJFC Team

http://www.mjfanclub.net/home/index...86:mjfc-closes&catid=85:latest-news&Itemid=82

:(

I read about this on FB a few days ago and although I was never a part of it, it made me feel sad for all of those who did because I can see it was a milestone for all MJ online communities. Sometimes it's hard when the artist is no longer with us, whether you want it or not the public will slowly stop visiting and supporting (both monetarily and as a part of the staff or just as visiting members) it's tough but they did so much during their 13 years of life that they should feel proud even Michael could witness the devotion and love the MJ family had and STILL has for him. :clapping:

I rarely post on MJ boards no more, but this just breaks my heart so I just had to reply..
MJFC was the first online fan club I signed up to when I first started to become a fan of Michael and I just have so much fond memories of that club.

I have to say that I kind of stopped being active on the board after it closed down for maintenance somewhere around the summer of 2008, that's when I started to visit MJJC more often and often, and kind of felt that it had lost its magic touch when it re-launched..but my gosh, I never really stopped visiting the board since it always had a special place in my heart.

There's a moderator in particular who I remember dearly, I think her name was Pascoulcat (?, I'm sorry it was such a long time ago), she was kind of the MJFC momma of the board and she was just such a nice person, everyone actually was on that board. I shared some personal stories on that board about the loss of my grandma around that time and she was someone who really comforted me. It might be a small detail and I don't think she probably even remembers, but at that time it really made me feel so welcomed by everyone and really showed me that I had friends all over the world thanks to Michael.

Idk, being one of the ''younger'' MJ fans at that time, I was just really thankful how they really took the time and effort to get to know me and to educate me about Michael. It's really sad this board has to close down.. :no:

Anyone knows when they will officially shut down the site? I really would like to save some of the posts I made on that board..

I rarely post on MJ boards no more, but this just breaks my heart so I just had to reply..
MJFC was the first online fan club I signed up to when I first started to become a fan of Michael and I just have so much fond memories of that club.

I have to say that I kind of stopped being active on the board after it closed down for maintenance somewhere around the summer of 2008, that's when I started to visit MJJC more often and often, and kind of felt that it had lost its magic touch when it re-launched..but my gosh, I never really stopped visiting the board since it always had a special place in my heart.

There's a moderator in particular who I remember dearly, I think her name was Pascoulcat (?, I'm sorry it was such a long time ago), she was kind of the MJFC momma of the board and she was just such a nice person, everyone actually was on that board. I shared some personal stories on that board about the loss of my grandma around that time and she was someone who really comforted me. It might be a small detail and I don't think she probably even remembers, but at that time it really made me feel so welcomed by everyone and really showed me that I had friends all over the world thanks to Michael.

Idk, being one of the ''younger'' MJ fans at that time, I was just really thankful how they really took the time and effort to get to know me and to educate me about Michael. It's really sad this board has to close down.. :no:

Anyone knows when they will officially shut down the site? I really would like to save some of the posts I made on that board..

You mean Pascalou. :) She was lovely. Left quite a while ago though.

I'm sorry to see it close, but not suprised.

Im sure i used to post on there bck in day and its sad to hear its closing down

MJFC closed? Really?? Oh no!!!!!!!!! :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:
I loved so much their forum, I always felt at home when I was there, even though I stayed there only few months. I loved all the principal members even though I was arguing sometimes with them. Where are they now? Paty, Lady A or a young Vietnamese ?? And all other friends and enemies with whom I shared such a good time??

I left MJFC because of my addiction to their forum, I spent way too much time. I should have stayed in there until the end. Too late :cry:

If you recognize me under my new pseudo, my old MJFC friends, send me a little VS as before, please. I missed you. I loved you so much.

I always liked Pas. Well, her username is Pascalu (I think that's how you spell it).
She was friendly and fair. Wish I had kept up with her e-mail.

It's sad I know :doh:

The thing that makes me more :blink: is that they offered no PLAN B to the fans.

I understand that its tough cause a lot of members don't realize all the hardship and dedication that goes on 'behind the scenes' and yes you always have the 'struggle' for the dough :doh:

When MJNO closed, Paul offered a Plan B to join this forum :wub:
I understand that tough decisions are part of life but in respect to your loyal members, you offer a Plan B. It's that simple!

I'll go through a fire for MJJC :wub: here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back