MJJCers Only Meeting in the 02 Gardens August 29th.

Re: August 29th?

Why dont we all meet up at the o2 dressed like MJ and all do the Moonwalk together listing to his music, singing along and everyone brings candles and we spell put his name using the candles and light them and take a photo of it and post it here We can also record videos clips and put them on Youtube?

That would be great but the only problem is, the same group of people that hijacked the vigil on the 13th are planning an event at the o2 on the 29th August so it might be better for us MJJCers to go elsewhere

Who hijacked the vigil on the 13th?! I haven't heard anything about this! If this is bad and true.. I am disgusted. What did they do?

Who hijacked the vigil on the 13th?! I haven't heard anything about this! If this is bad and true.. I am disgusted. What did they do?

A bunch of people from some facebook group turned up at the o2 before MJJC could get there and basically turned the whole thing into a drunken party/talent contest and acted like it was their event. If you read the July 13th sticky from page 36 onwards you will see what I mean

Thats awful then the easiest place for me would at leicester square, although its costing me £34 and 10 hours on a coach but if theres something happen on MJs birthday id like to be involved and i need to know by 5th August at the latest.

What about doing such a big flashmob like in Stockholm and dance to Beat it? This would be the part where we could celebrate his music.
Maybe we could organize a big screen and show some of his music films somewhere in a public area (don't know about law issues?)?

Or what about meet somewhere in the central part of London, holding our hands and sing with his music to Heal the world and We're the world (as the beginning and after that just listen to his music)? Or line up through the streets by playing Cry (maybe also when its getting dark and we could hold candles)... Having big banners that are telling people what a great humanitarian he was...

I don't know, but we HAVE TO DO SOMETHING! Please guys, please...

The flash mob thing is being done on the 15th

http://www.facebook.com/inbox/?ref=mb&__a=1#/event.php?eid=235328980716

I'm loving the singing idea thing though, that would be lovely, very personal...a proper vigil unlike the one that was on the 13th. So who's in?

Can someone post an extract from the flash mob idea from facebook? Work has a block on Facebook unfortunately :(

Can someone post an extract from the flash mob idea from facebook? Work has a block on Facebook unfortunately :(

Sure:

'Ever since I created the condolence books that were originally present at the Light for Michael event, 13th July at 02 I have been overwhelmed by people adding their messages via the Messages for Michael group.

I have also received lots of requests to hold another event which will allow people the opportunity to add to the books personally.

We will therefore be holding an event in Traflagar Square on Saturday, 15th August which everyone can come along to to add their messages to the books that will be presented to Jemaine Jackson 29th August.

We are also hoping to attempt a world record for the largest Michael Jackson dance class/routine on this day. Our plan is to teach as many people who show up the dance routine to Thriller and Bad and then perform them at some point during the day.

We are currently in discussion with a number of professional dance instructors to see if we can get some people down there to teach. However, we are also looking for enthusiastic fans who know the dance routines and who are willing to teach lots of other fans.

We are also in discussion with various other groups and fansites in order to make this a truly amazing event!

If you know anyone who would be willing to take part, to teach, would like the opportunity to sign the book or if you've always wanted to learn a Michael Jackson dance routine and perform it with lots of other fans please come along!

If anyone would like to help in anyway with this event just message me. You will be very welcome! :)'

Also:

'Hey

Ever since I announced this event myself and others have been working incredibly hard to make this an amazing event. In the course of our organising we have encountered numerous problems that have subsequently made it impossible for us to continue with the hope of hosting this event in it's current form.

Firstly, the original proposed location of Traflagar Square is inapporopriate as they charge £1000 an hour for something of this kind takes place. Hyde Park also charges the same rate for anything larger than a "picnice of 40 people".

The only remaining location is Leicester Square which is a public area although if we deem this a performance in any way or publicise it as such it also will incur a charge and possible icensing issues.

Therefore, the event simply can not go on in it's current form. We are therefore proposing a number of changes in order for the event to still take place.

The only way it can proceed is as a flashmob event. People learn the dances before hand (there will be no instruction), turn up at Leicester Square at a designated time and do the dance, and then disperse.

I am understandably incredibly disappointed at the level of bureauacracy which has made it impossible to carry on with the event as it was originally envisioned. Myself and the others involved in arranging this are still willing and determined to host this event with the changes (we have worked hard enough towards this already!), but without your support we will have to cancel.

We REALLY don't want to cancel and still want this to go a head, but only if you guys are happy to proceed. I have put a lot of work into this event and the condolence books and it would be great if we could still do this for Michael.

Clare

xxx'

Hope that helps x

Then it's sure that you are gonna do something on 29th august in London.
I will travel from Spain to London on 17th and if you make something special i will try to be there untill 30th. But i need to know it for sure because its not easy for me to be there all that days, i don't have enough money for hostels.

Sure:

I have also received lots of requests to hold another event which will allow people the opportunity to add to the books personally.

We will therefore be holding an event in Traflagar Square on Saturday, 15th August which everyone can come along to to add their messages to the books that will be presented to Jemaine Jackson 29th August.

This bit made me cry because i would end up in tears and wouldnt know what to write i still cant get over it.. even watching him on tv brings tears to my eyes this is so hard to take in.. i didnt even know him as a person ive never met him and im crying over him, my friend said i was stupid because Michael wouldnt be crying if i died because he didnt no me :(

i really want to do something but the longer we leave it the more expensive the fairs become :(

my friend said i was stupid because Michael wouldnt be crying if i died because he didnt no me :(

What a mean thing to say! Some of our friends are so insensitive. Take no notice and cry as much as you need to

Sure:

'Ever since I created the condolence books that were originally present at the Light for Michael event, 13th July at 02 I have been overwhelmed by people adding their messages via the Messages for Michael group.

We are also hoping to attempt a world record for the largest Michael Jackson dance class/routine on this day. Our plan is to teach as many people who show up the dance routine to Thriller and Bad and then perform them at some point during the day.

We are currently in discussion with a number of professional dance instructors to see if we can get some people down there to teach. However, we are also looking for enthusiastic fans who know the dance routines and who are willing to teach lots of other fans.

We are also in discussion with various other groups and fansites in order to make this a truly amazing event!

If you know anyone who would be willing to take part, to teach, would like the opportunity to sign the book or if you've always wanted to learn a Michael Jackson dance routine and perform it with lots of other fans please come along!

If anyone would like to help in anyway with this event just message me. You will be very welcome! :)'

Also:

'Hey

Ever since I announced this event myself and others have been working incredibly hard to make this an amazing event. In the course of our organising we have encountered numerous problems that have subsequently made it impossible for us to continue with the hope of hosting this event in it's current form.

Firstly, the original proposed location of Traflagar Square is inapporopriate as they charge £1000 an hour for something of this kind takes place. Hyde Park also charges the same rate for anything larger than a "picnice of 40 people".

The only remaining location is Leicester Square which is a public area although if we deem this a performance in any way or publicise it as such it also will incur a charge and possible icensing issues.

Therefore, the event simply can not go on in it's current form. We are therefore proposing a number of changes in order for the event to still take place.

The only way it can proceed is as a flashmob event. People learn the dances before hand (there will be no instruction), turn up at Leicester Square at a designated time and do the dance, and then disperse.

I am understandably incredibly disappointed at the level of bureauacracy which has made it impossible to carry on with the event as it was originally envisioned. Myself and the others involved in arranging this are still willing and determined to host this event with the changes (we have worked hard enough towards this already!), but without your support we will have to cancel.

We REALLY don't want to cancel and still want this to go a head, but only if you guys are happy to proceed. I have put a lot of work into this event and the condolence books and it would be great if we could still do this for Michael.

Clare

xxx'

Hope that helps x

Wich is the url for that event in Facebook?

Hi

What do you all say about singing instead? The beat it dance they danced here in Sweden was great but I would love to see hundreds of people with candles singing Heal the world & We Are the World as one group. I think it’s really important to do something on his birthday outside the O2. That was the place all of us were supposed to see him. I will be in London from 25-30 of August I really hope to see all the fans outside the O2 Arena. I really hope we could talk to the other group and do something together. Don’t you think that is the right thing, to be all together as one? I can only imagine how beautiful moment this could be if we all had candles or lighter singing does songs. It would be great on YouTube to. We should do something meaningful something with his message to the world and we should also celebrate.

Last edited:

Hi

What do you all say about singing instead? The beat it dance they danced here in Sweden was great but I would love to see hundreds of people with candles singing Heal the world & We Are the World as one group. I think it’s really important to do something on his birthday outside the O2. That was the place all of us were supposed to see him. I will be in London from 25-30 of August I really hope to see all the fans outside the O2 Arena. I really hope we could talk to the other group and do something together. Don’t you think that is the right thing, to be all together as one? I can only imagine how beautiful moment this could be if we all had candles or lighter singing does songs. It would be great on YouTube to. We should do something meaning full something with his message to the world and we should also celebrate.

That is a beautiful idea...I'm definately up for that. :)

Hi

What do you all say about singing instead? The beat it dance they danced here in Sweden was great but I would love to see hundreds of people with candles singing Heal the world & We Are the World as one group. I think it’s really important to do something on his birthday outside the O2. That was the place all of us were supposed to see him. I will be in London from 25-30 of August I really hope to see all the fans outside the O2 Arena. I really hope we could talk to the other group and do something together. Don’t you think that is the right thing, to be all together as one? I can only imagine how beautiful moment this could be if we all had candles or lighter singing does songs. It would be great on YouTube to. We should do something meaningful something with his message to the world and we should also celebrate.

Yeah, thats what I thought too!!
And maybe we really could LINE UP THE STREETS (as many people as possible), holding hands and singing CRY ?? What do you think? Just don't know how we could organize that... ? Do you think we need a permission for such a thing? I don't think so, as there wouldn't be too many people at the same time at the same place, if you know what I mean (sorry for my english)... but it's difficult with the music... we would need several boxes that are playing the song at the same time... hmmm...

Hi

Your idea is perfect, and it is exactly the sort of thing we should be doing BUT the people that hijacked the vigil have already planned a "party" at the o2 on the 29th. Judging by their attitudes towards MJJCers on the day and since, I don't think they would "allow" us to do it at the o2. I know it's not up to them what we do but I would hate for such a beautiful event to be ruined by them blasting us out with "Billie Jean" to keep the attention on them (this happened a lot at the vigil).

I'm wondering if we should try to do this somewhere else to avoid being upset again. We would need a lot of people to pull it off (and no "competition" from others). Wherever it is I will be there, it is a great idea :)

Please could you write all information about august 29 here and not only on face book. All of us do not have facebook… Thank you : ) specially for the fans who are coming from other countries we really do not want to miss anything.

I think that we must make a decision soon because we are already on 1th and we must start to notifice to everybody.

Last edited:

i brought some bands from ebay and a note came with them saying
meet at trafalgar square 29th and afterwards at the o2 arena _ news to me

Please could you write all information about august 29 here and not only on face book. All of us do not have facebook… Thank you : ) specially for the fans who are coming from other countries we really do not want to miss anything.

I agree. I'm not on facebook either.

i brought some bands from ebay and a note came with them saying
meet at trafalgar square 29th and afterwards at the o2 arena _ news to me

That's weird :/ I guess this could be the other group (the hijackers)

The 02 is a brill place to be for michaels birthday, why shud we let a select few ruin it for us if we wanna go to the 02 then we shud go to the 02. It relates to michael i feel close to michael there it is the last place alot of people saw him i am going to the 02 on the 29th and i am not gonna let a group off mindless idiots ruin it for me! Let them do there thing and we will do ours!!

The 02 is a brill place to be for michaels birthday, why shud we let a select few ruin it for us if we wanna go to the 02 then we shud go to the 02. It relates to michael i feel close to michael there it is the last place alot of people saw him i am going to the 02 on the 29th and i am not gonna let a group off mindless idiots ruin it for me! Let them do there thing and we will do ours!!

Problem is it won't just be a select few, it'll be a large number of rowdy people who think it's their event not Michaels birthday :( I know we shouldn't let them ruin it for us but they managed to ruin the vigil that was MJJC's idea and they certainly didn't let MJJC do their own thing either. What I am afraid of personally is coming away feeling upset again. A lot of people left the o2 on the 13th feeling like they hadn't got closure which was awful.

Maybe we could go to the o2 AND other places on the 29th? Travel around a bit? I don't know, just clutching at straws really.......

Maybe we could go to the o2 AND other places on the 29th? Travel around a bit? I don't know, just clutching at straws really.......

That's a good idea.
Why don't we make the Beat it dance on the same day? I think 15th is very soon and the people that is going to travel to London will do it some days later.

Back