MJ's casket...

I wouldn't like to think of the family and children sitting there with michael laying there lifeless un like he was in life.
Thank you jackson family for sharing him for the last time.
Prince, Paris, Blanket You are loved as much as daddy .

Im glad it was closed. Personally I rather keep the memories of happy smiley Michael! Much more dignified and respectful for him this way. He is still around us, all over... all of the time and will continue to live on through his music/influence and his children. My heart is out to the family right now.

I'm glad it was closed it didnt need to be open so the press could take pictures of him them broadcast his face all over the internet and news. then i hear someone comment on how he may have looked and then murdered someone.

i want to know how he was dressed...

Me too. I wanted to see his beautiful suit. I would have liked to see him, as a last memory. Now the last photo we have of him is that horrid photo with the oxygen mask on his face.

Me too. I wanted to see his beautiful suit. I would have liked to see him, as a last memory. Now the last photo we have of him is that horrid photo with the oxygen mask on his face.

I hate that pic with the oxygen mask on. I hate hate hate. But I did keep the picture. I have it in a folder on my computer with my moms picture i took with my cell phone at the coroners office when she died. I don't look at them though
i have made it a hidden folder

Trust me you would not have wanted to see the casket opened. Once someone has passed and their soul is no longer in the body, it is not the same. Empty, a shell. You would not have wanted to see that.

I am glad they brought it to the memorial. And glad it stayed closed.

Glad it stayed closed i don't think i could have hacked it..

Now the last photo we have of him is that horrid photo with the oxygen mask on his face.

Guys just look at the beautiful of mike at the "this is it" rehearsal
That is such a beautiful last memory of mike- DOING WHAT HE DOES BEST! :D

I preferred the casket to be closed...it was hard enough to see the casket there, knowing he was inside so I feel like seeing him gone would have been too much for me to bear. Plus, as some of you have said, the media would have gone crazy and I would prefer to remember him of on the stage performing, doing what he loved and not in a coffin in front of it... :( These are just my thoughts, but overall I thought the memorial was very beautiful.

Although I would have liked to see Michael in his casket, i understand why they decided not to do that. I would've wanted to see his beautiful face, and what he was wearing.

I am glad that the casket was closed. I did not want to see Michael Jackson lying in a coffin.......... People never ever ever look like themselves. I did not want the last image of a dead Michael Jackson in my mind. At least the picture of him with the air mask on he looks like he's sleeping.

they did the right thing that they didnt open it. first of all - they showed respect to Michael and kept his privacy. secondly they showed respect to people and fans - Michael was there in the hall, they wanted him to be there. and at last - they might have saved lifes because nobody knows how some fans would have reacted if they saw an open casket

Trust me you would not have wanted to see the casket opened. Once someone has passed and their soul is no longer in the body, it is not the same. Empty, a shell. You would not have wanted to see that.

That is so true. They do not look the same at all, and it's just sad. It's better to remember them as they were and not to see that. Also, I'm glad for his sake that they did not put him on display like that. He wouldn't have wanted it, and I'm sure his family knew that.

i am glad the casket was closed. it would have been twice as hard for his children and family to see him like that. the services were lovely and held with dignity and respect

The casket was very nice and it was a dignified service
Michael was a private person so the casket should
remain closed plus I want to remember him alive

g276258f28a9efdd4e144b37e536fd7f0b27f938924c5cd.jpg

g2762588cf60695262920d2c6698e59c018d09547ac6f04.jpg

I don't think I would've minded if that casket was open. I don't have a problem with seeing dead bodies really. I didn't realize I would freak out as much as I did when I saw his actual casket though. When they brought him out I literally broke down crying. I think because we had been talking about it for over a week at that point I sort of forgot the reality of it all. I wonder if I would've flat out fainted if they brought him out and opened it up.

I don't think I would've minded if that casket was open. I don't have a problem with seeing dead bodies really. I didn't realize I would freak out as much as I did when I saw his actual casket though. When they brought him out I literally broke down crying. I think because we had been talking about it for over a week at that point I sort of forgot the reality of it all. I wonder if I would've flat out fainted if they brought him out and opened it up.

I felt a similar way. It was like the reality of the situation came crashing back to me.

I wish i made that casket for MJ.... :( I'm coffin maker.... that facotry what made it has connection with us....my boss last time told me that,after his funeral(MJ's) a lot of people is wanting gold metalic coffins for their....

I just looked at JB's funeral and he looks scary. He has orange(?!) spots all over his face, it just looks too scary. So no, I disagree.

according to a family member,they had an open coffin ceremony @ the pvt funeral. he said mj looked like himself and he looked as if he were sleeping. sleeping peacefully.

according to a family member,they had an open coffin ceremony @ the pvt funeral. he said mj looked like himself and he looked as if he were sleeping. sleeping peacefully.
Yes I've read that too.

I'm pretty sure some family members made a picture of him laying in the casket. It's a common thing to happend at open coffin viewings. I wouldn't be suprised if a picture like that reaches the media.

Of course out of respect you would keep that picture to yourself, but from what I've heard, not everyone attended the private memorial knew Michael personally.

For those curious about his last outfit, our TV commentators for the memorial service said he had a new suit made by one of the people in charge of costumes for the tours, and he was wearing his Billie Jean glove.

I am also happy the casket was there, but closed. If it had been open, that would have completely shifted the focus of the entire memorial.

For those curious about his last outfit, our TV commentators for the memorial service said he had a new suit made by one of the people in charge of costumes for the tours, and he was wearing his Billie Jean glove.

I am also happy the casket was there, but closed. If it had been open, that would have completely shifted the focus of the entire memorial.

who are you- may I ask- and where did you come from?:scratch:

I went down to L.A when we thought there was going to be a public viewing (long before we heard of the memorial on Tuesday.) At first, I had no intention of seeing the body (the people I was with really wanted to for closure.) I wanted to keep my last memories of Michael as happy ones with him smiling and dancing. But the more I go on, the more I wish I'd seen him just so that I could tell myself, look, there he is, he's really gone. I think a huge part of me still doesn't believe it. I mean obviously I believe it, and I know it's happened and such, but to see the body would have solidified the idea for me.

who are you- may I ask- and where did you come from?:scratch:

?

Anyway, seems the commentators were right. From an interview with La Toya:

"Michael Bush, Michael’s long-time costumier, made an elaborate cream jacket decorated with pearls and beads. He was dressed in black trousers with a large gold belt with two cherubs on either side of the buckle."

La Toya also says she placed one of his sequined gloves in the casket.

I went down to L.A when we thought there was going to be a public viewing (long before we heard of the memorial on Tuesday.) At first, I had no intention of seeing the body (the people I was with really wanted to for closure.) I wanted to keep my last memories of Michael as happy ones with him smiling and dancing. But the more I go on, the more I wish I'd seen him just so that I could tell myself, look, there he is, he's really gone. I think a huge part of me still doesn't believe it. I mean obviously I believe it, and I know it's happened and such, but to see the body would have solidified the idea for me.

I completely agree.

Back