MJ's handwritten note to Lisa Marie Presley

Really it is weird and more cause Lisa is releasing her new album but we should remember that things have been stolen from them. I wound't surprided if in the future more private stuffs come out. It is unfair to blame her for that.

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/li...l-jackson-letter-removed-from-auction_1335195

Lisa Marie Presley has intervened to stop a letter written to her by ex-husband Michael Jackson going under the hammer at auction.
The note, handwritten by the late superstar, was reportedly penned between 1993 and 1996 and details Jackson's battle with insomnia which ultimately led to his death from a drug overdose in 2009.

The message reads, "Lisa I truly need this rest I haven't slept litterally (sic) in 4 days now. I need to be away from phones and business people. I must take care of my health first. I'm crazy for you."

The letter was due to be sold off by Julien's Auction in Beverly Hills, California, but the auctioneers have now removed the item after being contacted by Presley.

Auction house owner Darren Julien tells Tmz,com, "I'm assuming it's (of) a personal nature, and we wanted to honour the request and continue our good relationship with Ms. Presley."

Next month (Jun12), the auction house will sell off the original tomb of Presley's superstar father Elvis.The singer's crypt, where he was buried before his remains were moved to his Graceland home in Memphis, Tennessee, will go under the hammer as part of the Music Icons auction, which begins on 23 June (12).

http://www.contactmusic.com/news/li...l-jackson-letter-removed-from-auction_1335195

Lisa Marie Presley has intervened to stop a letter written to her by ex-husband Michael Jackson going under the hammer at auction.
The note, handwritten by the late superstar, was reportedly penned between 1993 and 1996 and details Jackson's battle with insomnia which ultimately led to his death from a drug overdose in 2009.

The message reads, "Lisa I truly need this rest I haven't slept litterally (sic) in 4 days now. I need to be away from phones and business people. I must take care of my health first. I'm crazy for you."

The letter was due to be sold off by Julien's Auction in Beverly Hills, California, but the auctioneers have now removed the item after being contacted by Presley.

Auction house owner Darren Julien tells Tmz,com, "I'm assuming it's (of) a personal nature, and we wanted to honour the request and continue our good relationship with Ms. Presley."

Next month (Jun12), the auction house will sell off the original tomb of Presley's superstar father Elvis.The singer's crypt, where he was buried before his remains were moved to his Graceland home in Memphis, Tennessee, will go under the hammer as part of the Music Icons auction, which begins on 23 June (12).

says it all.

IMHO: She put it up for sale. But pulled it off because of MJ fans reaction

In my opinion, it was stolen from either Lisa or Michael... that's how it ended up at Julien's. THEY are "honoring her request" to return it to her, due to it's personal nature.

Julien`s doesn`t say he gives it her back, he only takes it from his auction.

Good it's been taken away from the auction. BTW I love MJ's handwriting and his little spelling mistakes. :rollin: I remember he spelled the word 'ridiculous' once in a very funny way... can't remember how though, anymore. Does anyone know? It was something like 'ridiculese' or something like that.

Good it's been taken away from the auction. BTW I love MJ's handwriting and his little spelling mistakes. :rollin: I remember he spelled the word 'ridiculous' once in a very funny way... can't remember how though, anymore. Does anyone know? It was something like 'ridiculese' or something like that.

I find it funny when he spells a word wrong, then scratches it out and spells it wrong again :rofl:...so cute...:wub:

So, the facts as we know them now are:
1. Somebody put this letter in auction.
2. Somebody shows this letter to Lisa on twitter and she acts really surprised.
3. Letter is pulled from the auction at Lisa's request.

Did I miss something?

Couple side notes: regarding "suspect timing" which is repeatedly mentioned in this topic - actually, Julien often carries this kinds of auctions in the summer, I remember that one of them was held exactly on June 25th (a year or two years ago). I seriously doubt that Lisa scheduled her CD release to coincide with the auction, but this is not a fact, this is my opinion. Another thing I noticed: Lisa recently gave several interviews at various TV shows. I do not follow Lisa, not interested much, but from what I saw, she never even once has been asked any questions about Michael. I strongly believe, and this is my opinion, that she was not asked those questions at her own request because I cannot imagine a celebrity reporter who would refrain from these questions at his or her own accord.

To summarize, based on these facts and my observations, I do believe that this letter got into wrong hands without Lisa's knowledge. And until I see the strong FACTS (not opinions, conspiracies and speculations, but clear facts) suggesting otherwise, I give her big credit for acting quickly and requesting the removal of the letter from the auction.

This note is sweet yet sad. :(

Turd? That's absolutely hilarious. Was this a nickname/petname!? Oh dear. haha.
But that's a shame if it was stolen. :no:

next time please dont call out moderation in a thread. The Rules state to PM a mod instead. Thanks :)

Ok.... :flowers:

A letter Michael Jackson wrote to Lisa Marie Presley -- complaining about the problem that ultimately killed the singer -- has been yanked from the auction block after Lisa Marie pitched a fit.

Lisa Marie has not said why she wanted the letter pulled, but it's pretty clear -- Michael struggled with sleep deprivation for years until he found a quick fix in the form of Propofol.

The letter -- written sometime between 1993 and 1996, reads as follows: "Smell here [arrow with box] Lisa I truly need this rest I haven't slept litterally [sic] in 4 days now. I need to be away from phones and Business people. I must take care of my health first Im' [sic] crazy for you Love Turd."

As TMZ first reported, Jackson was doctor shopping for Propofol before he hooked up with Conrad Murray.

So Julien's Auction in Beverly Hills -- the same company selling off Elvis' crypt -- has capitulated to Elvis' daughter. Owner Darren Julien tells TMZ, "I'm assuming it's a personal nature, and we wanted to honor the request and continue our good relationship with Ms. Presley."

We can read between the lines.

source : TMZ

angfw5.gif

Thanks Lisa! :p :smilerolleyes:

Sometimes it is difficult to understand how something so private and that was probably in possession of Lisa ended up in an auction... Who stole that letter? And Lisa did not realize that letter was missing? Curious and very strange.... but OK. Move on.... :fear:

If it were me, I would keep in a coffer all the things that Michael gave me. Sure!!!! -_- :heart:

FROM DARREN JULIEN'S OWN EMAIL TODAY. LISA DID NOT LEAK THAT LETTER.

So stop blaming her for it.

It's too bad that our chance to see this letter has turned into something so ugly by some.

20tjj38.jpg

The only thing that concerns me about any of this is the fact that Michael had not slept in 4 days. I wish he never had his sleeping problem. I can't imagine what that was like for him.

The only thing that concerns me about any of this is the fact that Michael had not slept in 4 days. I wish he never had his sleeping problem. I can't imagine what that was like for him.

I know... that's what we should be talking about, instead of pointing fingers and blaming how it got out there.

FROM DARREN JULIEN'S OWN EMAIL TODAY. LISA DID NOT LEAK THAT LETTER.

So stop blaming her for it.

It's too bad that our chance to see this letter has turned into something so ugly by some.

20tjj38.jpg

She would never have directly leaked the letter- she's not that dumb.

It 's not really any of our business what that letter said as it is between lisa & mj. Yes i admit i first thought it might have been her who leaked it but to get mad just cuz we wont see it is stupid , cuz like i said its not really our business.

She would never have directly leaked the letter- she's not that dumb.

Or maybe you guys who dislike her so much should just indeed stop accusing her of things you don't have evidence for.

Michael's perfection to detail is what we can enjoy. This note, written (mid-1990's) during the preparation of "HIStory" speaks to us on how Michael worried over every miniscule detail of producing for HIS fans the very best of him. :cute:

Michael's not sleeping is also what happened in preparation for his 50 shows at the 02 Arena, "This Is It." Michael wanted to give his very best, especially in pleasing his fans!!!

In my opinion, it was stolen from either Lisa or Michael... that's how it ended up at Julien's. THEY are "honoring her request" to return it to her, due to it's personal nature.

I agree. I am wondering if Michael had a copy of the letter and it was taken from among his personal belongings after he died. And maybe Lisa wants it because she lost her copy. I don't like the things she said about Michael in the past. But I can't help feeling sorry for her regarding the letter from Michael although I feel even more sorry for Michael. Lisa deserves to have that letter if she wants it because Michael wrote it for her.

Last edited:
I agree. I am wondering if Michael had a copy of the letter and it was taken from among his personal belongings after he died. And maybe Lisa wants it because she lost her copy. I don't like the things she said about Michael in the past. But I can't help feeling sorry for her regarding the letter from Michael although I feel even more sorry for Michael. Lisa deserves to have that letter if she wants it because Michael wrote it for her.
Lisa said herself it was stolen from her and later deleted that tweet. She also responded to the fans who tried to stop this auction she had many more notes like this in her possession.

Lisa said herself it was stolen from her and later deleted that tweet. She also responded to the fans who tried to stop this auction she had many more notes like this in her possession.

I know that we have no right whatsoever to see those other notes, but I sure would love to see some of the sweet ones he surely wrote. No chance of that ever happening now though... considering the mess this one little note caused. It's not our business, but I can't help but be curious. Awww... I'll bet some of them were so sweet.:wub:

That's being said , about the note , I don't think she leaked it but the fact the she waited the auction story to be mentiond in Media so she asked the Julien's staff to remove it , I think it's weird !! ..

Well, the note was shown to her on twitter. It was not mentioned in the media before that, it was discussed on fan forums. So, she got it literally showed under her nose and took action. That how it looks like on the surface.

The sleeping was what I thought of too the first time I read it. Cute though. Feel bad too that he couldn't sleep....

Mod note -Thread cleaned _Stay on topic please
while constructive criticsism is welcome please watch your tone in here
you can voice your opinion in a contstructive critical manner but name
calling and hateful insults are not allowed. dont turn this into another
LMP bashing thread or it will be closed ..

Mod note
This thread has been moved back to Michaelmania - The thread has been cleaned and as long
as the tone staysrespectful and doesnt turn into a LMP controversial bashing thread it can stay ..

This threads Topic is about the letter not anything else _
Off topic comments will be removedwith No notice given

This Thread is Temp closed
for editing and deleting of off topic discussions, which 2 warnings were
placedabout that above. See when you stray off the topic of the Letter and start discussing LMP past
actions or speculate just to attck her it becomes a free for all and derails the topic into a Bash LMP thread.

Please Stop.

Thread open- Please Read above keep the tone civil and stay on topic. Thanks

Back