MJ's Music On Glee Episode: All rumours here (Merged)

billyworld99

Proud Member
-7-2010) Nothing is confirmed yet but it is being reported today that Ryan Murphy, creator of the TV show Glee, alluded to the fact that a major tribute episode of the show is in the works for February. The tribute show will air in the coveted post-Super Bowl spot.

When asked by Entertainment Tonight if the King of Pop would be the focus of the tribute episode, Murphy's only response was that they were "close" in their guess.

Source: MJFC / examiner.com / tvfanatic.com

Re: You are here: Home News Latest News RUMOR: MJ's Music On Glee

I'd love it if his music was on Glee. I like the show and yes whilst I don't like MJ covers that much I think they could do a decent job. Plus it has a huge audience so its great promotion for the new album as well.

Re: You are here: Home News Latest News RUMOR: MJ's Music On Glee

I'd love it if his music was on Glee. I like the show and yes whilst I don't like MJ covers that much I think they could do a decent job. Plus it has a huge audience so its great promotion for the new album as well.

i agree , hey can you delete the second thread about this, i made a mistake and posted this twice :)

Re: RUMOR: MJ's Music On Glee

I just read about this. That's great if they decide to do that. I'm not a big fan of the show, but I suppose I will watch if they do this.

YES! I was sooo hoping they would!

it would be great promotion to expose mj's muisc to younger crowds since a lot of their audience are teenagers

I'm confused by their answer, why would they say "close?" nobody is CLOSE to MJ unless they mean Janet

Dear god, no.

I'm confused by their answer, why would they say "close?" nobody is CLOSE to MJ unless they mean Janet

Don't want to confirm or deny. Way too early to start the promotional campaign.

Only thing that worries me is that I think that only a very FEW people do good covers of MJ songs...and those good covers (like the rock versions of Billie Jean and Smooth Criminal) are usually complete 180s from the original in the first place to the point where one false drum, guitar, or solo could turn the cover to trash.

Glee is a good show in my opinion, but them covering Michael could either turn out great or be the equivalent of "Up With People" doing MJ covers if anyone remembers that...there is no in between. :lol:

I for one can't wait to see "Man in the Mirror" turned into a bombastic showtune. Cue overly sappy full cast rendition of "Heal the World" in 3, 2...

I hope not...

Last edited:

awesome!!! I LOVE Glee! i think they will do a good job covering Mj. they have cover songs on the show all the time and each time they do great. i did hear today they will be doing a Britney Spears episode in the new season which i cant wait to see also. lets hope they do mj justice!

I hope it will happen

I also think it will be Janet - - or The Jackson 5. However Janet is not big right now. In my opinion it would be unwise to devote an episode to her.

i used to watch Glee but now i can't stand it. after seeing the other "tribute" episodes...i think i'll pass.

I hope so 2 of my fav things Glee and MJ....I hear a Chamone with the twinkling of Glee

Oh Dear God NO!!! :eek: nooo! Don't get me wrong..it's nice for younger generations to know MJ..but not from Glee! It'll be just another classic song ruined!:bugeyed I cringed when they did "Don't Stop Believing" from Journey. Can't stand Glee.:puke:
There's just some things that shouldn't be touched IMO-_-... If the new generations wanna know MJ....then watch/listen to the real thing...MJ. Dude..I could go on and on.... now just waiting for some offended Glee fan to yell at me...should I run now?:shifty: or stay and duke it out? haha jkjk love you all.

i think and hope that they'd b smart enough to know that she should stay away from some mj things.ahem billiejean. actually a lot of things.
the dance routines will hav to be WAY WATERED DOWN.lol. otherwise they're gonna need some intense dance sessions to prepare.
i think the slow songs can be done fairly well and from what i've seen they don't vary TOO much from the originals so thats good.
glad for the exposure and more mj praise. lol.
but the "close" thing is weird. janet? that would b good but strange to rival superbowl!
jackson 5 is def a possibility but apart from the 4 main songs i dunno if the mainstream public would know much.
how many songs do they normally fit into one episode to the glee watchers??????
ooh. kinda excited even tho i don't watch glee.

There's a few songs that they do on Glee that I don't think the mainstream public would know like "To Sir With Love" I don't see teenyboppers knowing that one

I've only watched Glee a couple of times. The Madonna episode (which I really enjoyed), The Olivia Newton-John episode (I can't believe ONJ HERSELF re-shot her "Let's Get Physical" video for this, lol) and another episode where Olivia guest starred once again. I would definitely tune in for the MJ episode. Although, Leah Michelle's voice does grate on my nerves (she's no Barbra Streisand), it's a fun show reminiscent of "Fame" from the 80's. Only thing is, back in the 80's I could tolerate whining teenagers because I WAS one then. Now not so much, lol. So in between the big tribute episodes I can't watch this show. ;D

By the way, if they do a Michael Jackson/Jackson 5 show the way they did the one for Madonna I think it will be enjoyable. Madonna's music was played throughout the show during many scenes. In one scene that took place in the halls of the high school there were students dressed up in all kinds of Madonna wear as they walked through. It was a very good tribute.

I think this can only be a good thing IMO. Get younger people into Michael's music, and a related message of Michael's charity and LOVE to boot, like they with Madonna's feminism and Gaga's...er, Gaganess!

I think it's a nice idea. I really like Glee, I think it would be interesting to have an MJ episode on Glee.

can you imagine them trying to sing scream or something it would be hillarious. They could do jackson 5 songs though. But alot of michael's solo work no one can pull off except him.

Back