Modern day prophets...

KING: What did you make of the whole Michael Jackson thing?

GRAHAM: Well, I was interested, of course. I don't know all the facts and everything, but I appreciated what the jury did because if the jury had been -- found guilty, it would have caused troubles all over the world, because the jury was largely a white jury. And I was pleased at that. And then last night your interview with Jermaine was tremendous. It really opened up some things for me. I learned some things.

I have heard that he was a very gentle person and a god-fearing man in some ways, and I had never thought of that about Michael Jackson. And I heard that two or three times during this whole period of time.

P.S. a little side cool story.. At my church a while ago this old lady was a guest preacher, and she talked about being a whitness to so many things from the Glory of God.. Her stories were amazing. (but that's not this little side note) Anyways, she said many years ago, this little punk kid (she did not say punk) but that's what she ment, she said tore up jeans, and just a 'rebelious' style.. lol! came up to her and told her he loved her preaching and wanted to preach right there.. She told him to go in that direction, but did not let him preach that night. years and years go by, and she gets a phone call..

She answeres, and a guy asks if she remembers him..

She said faintly did.. It was a blur to her..

The guy said that because of there insident he became a preacher..

She asked who it was.. and it was BILLY GRAHAM..

lol! I kinda fun story

hi,

I am new, first post. I really appreciate this thread. Thank You for it.
I don't believe Michael is a prophet, however I can tell from listening to his music, studying his lyrics and paying close attention to his life's work that he is a very spiritual and praying man. I Believe Michael jackson may feel one with a "higher being", he relates to the worshiping facture since so many of us worship him. In other words he understands fully what he mean to us and the world.
I also believe there has been a much private conflict going on in his life through the years that has forced him to look more closely within himself and due to that we have been given some of the post personable lyrics with his songs.

Hmmm...

:scratch: I still feel the way I did a year ago.
It would be interesting to know if anybody has different thoughts now that Michael is (physically) gone.

As for the new members here, what y'all think?

I love this thread. It is nice to see others having similar thoughts about Michael as me. I think Michael was and still is an incredible teacher about what's right and whats wrong. Each of his song has a story...almost like a real life bedtime story. Michael sang about life in general. Imagine growing up listening these stories...I think this is why Michael has left his mark in so many people in this world including me...he makes you a better person. I love the Dangerous album because it has something in it that I can not quite put my finger on. The sounds are so delicate...so peaceful...inner peace. I have always thought Dangerous album is the closest to classical music Michael has produced...its so pure in a way. Music and his stories in pure harmony.

Many people adore, even worship Michael, some believe he has some kind of devine purpose on Earth. But then exactly the same was true of Adolf Hitler. It's not evidence of anything supernatural and I don't think fantasising about his destiny is particularly helpful.

If we really want to heal the world I think we need to look at evidence and come up with good and sensible policies, based on facts and not faith.

I have always thought that its not the facts that makes people change. Our actions and beliefs are built on emotions and perceptions. We are highly subjective creatures. Music and art is powerful because they speak to our hearts and our minds at the same time.

If you want someone to do something, you need to make that person want to do it. If you can connect to people on that level, its a lot of power, And that is not something you can do by listing facts and rational arguments.
If that was all that was nessesary, the troubles of this world would have been easily managed.
I am not saying that our actions should not be based on facts, just about how you convince people, and create a movement.
You have to speak to peoples hearts. Michael did that, and his legacy will continue to do that.

Very interesting. I was actually just reading the thread and thought it was a new one.. i didn't see the date at first, I even PMd KOPV!!

I do think there is something very special about Michael Jackson

the title of the thread is so telling , i love it and i believe in what you mean by this !

Awww this is sure nice to see :) I'm glad it was remembered. I think that his work isn't done yet :) Even now. The work his words have on hearts around the world continues to do what it was meant to. It's really nice to see.

Well, the definition of a prophet is "someone who has encountered the divine."

I don't want to sound rude, but Michael's just a normal human being with a good heart... that's it.
Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, Princess Diana, the list goes on... Prophets? No. Humanitarians? Yes.

I've heard it all from MJ fans, even that Michael is God himself... IMO, he's just a normal guy who happens to be loving and generous.
I'd have to agree with your post, except to say that I think Michael had an exceptional heart.

Someone who reflects what is in the bible is not automatically a prophet though. If that were the case every preacher up on the pulpit would be considered a prophet. They aren't.

The bible also spells out the biblical definition of a prophet and what requirements must be met by true prophets. Michael doesn't meet those.

And unfortunately, he compromised his message (making it so that fewer people would listen,) because of the feminizing of his look, (in the bible it is a sin to be effeminate,) and his appearance of evil (having young children sleep in his bed, which led to people believing he molested those children.) A prophet of God wouldn't of done his own will at the expense of God's mission. I don't mean to be rude or hurtful (because I love Michael too!) but one of God's prophets would not even have indulged the APPEARANCE of evil. They would've sooner said "Far be it from me."

Hmmm...

:scratch: I still feel the way I did a year ago.
It would be interesting to know if anybody has different thoughts now that Michael is (physically) gone.

As for the new members here, what y'all think?
I think he was a dear, dear man who was highly enlightened about God and God's heart. Definitely a man after God's own heart, but not a prophet in the biblical sense.

I do hear God through many of Michael's lyrics and melodies though.

Since the day Michael came into my life many, many years ago, I've known him as a modern day poet prophet...his music is truly a divine gift from God to bring people of the world together, to inspire and motivate them to do good, be good and ultimately realize our own oneness with God within ourselves...and so I regard Michael not only as the greatest, most successful, accomplished musician but also as a strong spiritual inspiration for all those many fans who have been able to recognize his outstanding light, the beauty of his soul, the sincerety of his humanitarian work and committments and the way with which he continues to live his life-with absolute honesty, integrity and courage! I belong to a country(India) renowned for its spiritual tradition and masters, but I've found my spiritual guru in this beautiful, incredibly talented, amazingly generous, loving, caring man called Michael Jackson who inspires me and millions of others every moment of my life(our lives) and makes this world so much better just by being in it...we love you Michael and are so grateful to God for you! Keep shining brighter than ever!!!
Amen

Everyone's opinions are welcome here.

I believe there is more too Ape, because Michael not only has the ability to connect with his message but he believes in it and shows us how to stand for whats good. I wouldn't be the person I am today without Michael's messages. I wouldn't have the same caring and generosity that I have today. He shows us how to change and share our goodness. We should grasp it and not only acknowledge it but embrace it and use it:yes:

As KOPV said, this could easily become a controversial topic, so I'll just say:

I believe that he was sent to this world to spread a message of love and compassion like a prophet, that's why us 'fans' feel so strongly about him, because his message is rooted inside of us on a spiritual level.
I'll stop there...

I do not believe that Michael's calling is to be a religious leader. I think his calling is to be a light, or an example to others through his work ethics and his morals. This doesn't necessarily require MJ doing anything special. He is special anyway. People follow his example as it is, but people are touched by his life and by his presence. MJ doesn't have to predict anything or preach anything. All he has to do is be himself.

MJ's life is not his own, and it never has been. Society, more or less dictates what he does with it, even when he fights against it. His songs are prophetic, even when he never intended them to be. He has no say in the matter, it is his destiny.

That is what I have observed in the short time I became an MJ fan.

Great thread! I agree KOPV. When there is an anointing on your life, there is always an array of attacks to stop the mission or the message that God wants you to spread. I believe Michael understands this. What's left to be seen is whether he fully accepts that his calling was never solely to "entertain." His ability to draw is not of his own--there's much more going on and it has been a struggle for him--doing what he wants to do and doing what he must do.

See, I don't post often, but I ain't scurrred, KOPV.

There is much more than people on this earth trying to take Michael down.. It's spiritual.. The more you have to give, the more the devil will work to prevent you from giving it in GODS name.. Because if a person uses his/her gifts in GODS name, people will fallow and find there way to heaven..

The Devil is evil.. Will do anything and everything to stop someone to enter the gates of heaven..

Now those with more power to direct people, the devil will do anything to prevent them to direct others to heaven..

EVERYTHING Michael goes through, the hate he gets is driven by the devil to prevent Michael to forfill his destiny, in my beliefe to work under God to help people find there way to GOD..

Very interesting. I was actually just reading the thread and thought it was a new one.. i didn't see the date at first, I even PMd KOPV!!

I do think there is something very special about Michael Jackson

:bugeyedHEYYYYYY, WHY did I never see this thread?!?!?!

Well, I agree with most of what I quoted. Also with Dorthy Marie's stuff and others, but I didn't wanna have to quote the whole 9 pages!!!

Anyway, this is really interesting- especially now. It always seems like the ones who were sent here to give us something are 'gone too soon'.

The one thing that will always stand out to me is what Jermaine said:
The world was not ready for Michael

For the millions of us who were able to understand and see- he taught us sooooooo much.

And I would NEVER compare him to Jesus or anything like that- but it's/it was crazy to see people reject this man who was amaaaaazing and about love. The funny thing that I always say is that it's NOT Michael who was corrupt, it was the rest of the world!!

And no, Michael wasn't perfect. He had faults and he liked to have fun. But there was something that he had that touched the world, and reached around the globe.

He has always been upfront about his believing in God and how he feels his talents came from God- and I think that's amazing. He stood up for what he believed in no matter what. ANd in that one interview someone posted, the person said that MJ had tolld him that if he had to go to jail for showing a child love, then so be it- or something to that effect (im too lazy to go look)
anyway- I don't know what else to say....

There is much more than people on this earth trying to take Michael down.. It's spiritual.. The more you have to give, the more the devil will work to prevent you from giving it in GODS name.. Because if a person uses his/her gifts in GODS name, people will fallow and find there way to heaven..

The Devil is evil.. Will do anything and everything to stop someone to enter the gates of heaven..

Now those with more power to direct people, the devil will do anything to prevent them to direct others to heaven..

EVERYTHING Michael goes through, the hate he gets is driven by the devil to prevent Michael to forfill his destiny, in my beliefe to work under God to help people find there way to GOD..

I think this is it in a nutshell.

I personally believe Michael is an Angel, sent here to God as a blessing to deliver he message of love for all.

Michael is an example for us all on how to live a life a closely to the way Jesus lived his.

I lot of us need to see to believe and God knows this. He showed so many of his existence during Jesus's time.

Michael was sent to us to show us how it is done.

I am so thankful to be aware of this. And proud to follow in his footsteps.

I believe he was a prophet of love. A special soul. A chosen soul. He couldn't have united so many people, had so much talent and impact if God was not with him. He said so too. I was in his presence, I felt his strong aura. All who were in his presence were mesmerized and made better persons. Remember also the saying "all prophets are not acknowledged in their own land". This happened to Michael too. Also, all prophets are "uncomfortable" for TPTB and have a tragic life, lots of suffering while they still spread love.

I also found this excerpt of an article relevant.

Article from Examiner:

I'm sure there are benefits for those who worship MJ--His music and legacy makes them feel alive; he represents the last vestige of goodness in an increasingly cruel world.
Since MJ was world-renowned, those devoted to him also have an opportunity to make fast-friends who share their devotion and love of the icon... sort of like being a member of a church.
Though faith in Michael Jackson sounds promising, the only problem with it is that it probably isn't what Michael would've wanted.
Michael Jackson knew that he was just a man. As such, I don't think he'd want his fans deifying him in death, as I also believe MJ knew that every talented celebrity owes his ability to God.
Michael's friend Rabbi Shmuley Boteach said, “Our favourite stars might light up the crowd, but their glow is a mere reflection of a more infinite radiance."
If Michael's most devoted fans would put their energy into seeking after the source behind Michael's talent, instead of trying to lay the foundations of the Church of MIchael Jackson, they'll have a greater treasure--God.

I believe he was a prophet of love. A special soul. A chosen soul. He couldn't have united so many people, had so much talent and impact if God was not with him. He said so too. I was in his presence, I felt his strong aura. All who were in his presence were mesmerized and made better persons. Remember also the saying "all prophets are not acknowledged in their own land". This happened to Michael too. Also, all prophets are "uncomfortable" for TPTB and have a tragic life, lots of suffering while they still spread love.
Could you describe his aura? Most fans who got to be in his presence talked about this 'aura' thing. Or was it just them being too star struck? Deepak said MJ contacted him because he wanted to learn meditation. I wonder if MJ medidate?

Thank you for starting this thread! It is very important for fans to know his lyrics more deep. I believe myself that Michael was modern type of prophet. I believe it because I these days nobody will listen to a man just going around and teaching ppl. I had to be flashy, big, loud etc. The idea with the greatest entertainer would be the best idea to bring a msg. from God imo.

But why are a lot of his songs negative towards women?
Billie Jean
Things I Do For You
Heartbreak Hotel
Dirty Diana
Your Ways
Dangerous
Smooth Criminal

Because of sin which is coming from women as well. He tried to remind all women to be women on a good way, not to be like Bille Jean or Dirty Diana. Trough Bille Jean and Dirty Diana he showed what kind of behavior is not appropriate.imo

Well this is a good thread. And prophets through the ages have never been accepted in their own land. So it is with Michael.

The message in the music is clear...and the good thing is that many are taking notice and taking ACTION. Can you imagine the smile on Michael's face? There are people who are getting past the "death" and keeping who he is ALIVE. The ESSENCE matters. The MESSAGE matters.

Change starts within ourselves and spreads like fire. The love and the change can radiate out from our very being, and make things happen the world over! You think you are just one little person who can't make an impact? think again! If everyone thought they couldn't make an impact, and waited on someone else to do it, nothing would ever get done. But, conversely, if EVERYONE thought they could do SOMETHING, SO MUCH could get done! This world is dark, because we allow it to be that way. Be the light, and spread it around. MAKE THAT CHANGE! TODAY!!!!!

Could you describe his aura? Most fans who got to be in his presence talked about this 'aura' thing. Or was it just them being too star struck? Deepak said MJ contacted him because he wanted to learn meditation. I wonder if MJ medidate?

It wasn't something visual. It was just love radiating, a calmness and good vibes coming your way.

Back