Modern day prophets...

Most interesting subject; Talk about modern day prophets...check this out!

Some of you may remember him but he passed away before many of you were born. Red Skelton was a good & funny man. He also ended every show by saying, "GOOD NIGHT AND GOD BLESS." Listen to the end of this. It is something he said 39 years ago.

Very important that you listen to the very end! Eerie! Take a moment and listen to it (from 1969). How would he have known that this is what is happening?

Click on the link, and turn your sound on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kfz2XDXaeqc&feature=related

What a beautiful idea for a thread! When will we EVER learn from history that violence is never the answer? A child is so vulnerable and has so little time to BE a child. There are so many children of war and violence now. Michael's message has never varied. Save the children. Keep them safe. Work toward peace. And yes, music IS a universal language.

peace,

Victoria83

Hi Victoria!!! Hope all is well with you. Missed seeing you on the board. Glad you're back. :)

As KOPV said, this could easily become a controversial topic, so I'll just say:

I believe that he was sent to this world to spread a message of love and compassion like a prophet, that's why us 'fans' feel so strongly about him, because his message is rooted inside of us on a spiritual level.
I'll stop there...

.... beautiful thread,,

I personally dont believe that Michael is a prophet,, But,, we all are messengers of God when we put our lives in his hands and talk to others about his word and the perfect plan for our lives that Jesus Christ made when he came ..so that if we belive in him and his sacrifice for us in the cross, and accept it, we are saved and have eternal life!! Jesus said: "And He said unto them, "Go ye into all the world, and preach the Gospel to every creature." (Mark 16:15) so.. I think when we do this, we have the honour to be his messengers!! even when the world so many times will make fun about us. Many will think we are crazy or stupid. So.. many will have fear to talk about God and Jesus, fear or shame... but it is a strong demand from God, and all of us who has accepted him and talk about this with words or acts, are messengers of him ;) its an honour, and if Michael does this, he is a messenger from God too.

Also if we put our lives in His hands, but completely in his hands,, he will fulfil the plan he has for our lives.. it says in Phillippians 1:6 "..being confident of this very thing, that He who hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the Day of Jesus Christ." sooo beautiful. I can humbly say that I deserve nothing, but he has given me everything, and I have put my life in his hands. I hope that Michael has done it as well, but I love the good desires that his lyrics transmit and the love he wants to comunicate to the world. This is wonderful and I love him from the bottom of my heart and have him very much in my prayers. One of my desires is to meet him one day and share about the things the Lord has made in our lives. I think he has many things to share, thats why I think I would not wish an authograph from him, this would be in a second place,, but I would rather wish a time to share some things. I know this is impossible but hey.. My God loves doing impossible things ^_^.

I think we all are messengers of God when we put our lives in his hands, then we have a perfect plan, we feel complete, and well I think you could say we are "prophets" but when we talk about his word :punk: thats the only prophecy I belive in.

That was my contribution!!;)
Beth

Last edited:
Thank you Ape, for this topic. Very interesting.
I love all the "messages" Michael has in his songs---whether he wrote them himself or if others wrote them.

I would include -- Dancing The Dream-- along with Michael's songs.
Many of his poems, also reflect his way of "sending a message"
Dawn

Beth: wow! I have not seen a post by you in a long time.. nice 2 c u..

I believe that he was sent to this world to spread a message of love and compassion like a prophet....

beautifuuuul!! I think we all were sent here for that, and I wish we all did this, but many of us put our sight in other things.. and the world is so full of hatred.. etc.. but I thank God for persons like Michael and many others :punk:!! "a message of love and compassion..." beautiful.

Beth: wow! I have not seen a post by you in a long time.. nice 2 c u..

Hey Kopv!! :D nice to see you too, (((hug)))
I have not been having a good time in my life lately, but Im here again :p ,, I use to come sometimes even when I dont post, specially to the "pray and fast" thread which I love, but I hope to come more often now. I am always glad to see you too.

Thank you Ape, for this topic. Very interesting.
I love all the "messages" Michael has in his songs---whether he wrote them himself or if others wrote them.

I would include -- Dancing The Dream-- along with Michael's songs.
Many of his poems, also reflect his way of "sending a message"
Dawn

hello Dawn :D

Michael has always been prophetic.

I think the true meaning and being of Mike will be learned long after he is no longer with us.

He'll definitely ascend to the heights of the other modern day prophets and may even eclipse some of them.

A lot Mike's prophecy has been buried underneath all of the disgusting innuendo and allegations. A lot of his message is still hidden in his music (partly because Mike slurs his speech in his music and partly because people have not really paid attention to his words--it's kinda hard to pay attention when watching this man move).

I have a question for you Beth..

in your opinion where is the line drawn between a 'messanger of God' and a prophet..? I would like to hear your thoughts, ur always insightful

My take: everyone is MENT to be a messanger of God.. A prophet is someone with extra-ordinary gifts that after tested, and molded by God can carry his (Gods) destiny for that person in Gods name..

Those he chose in the Bible were usually very mis-guided, but God planted something EXTRA-ORDINARY in that person.. I mean WOW! He changed a murderer into a prophet..

It's the extra ordinary-gift and ability.. But used in a designed way by and FOR GOD..

He (GOD) often uses those mis-guided people as the most POWERFULL people later.. In part because they have the strongest testimony.

Last edited:
I'll add this.. For those who read my P.M. it will make even more sence..

I see this aswell..

While I feel like Michael has not forfilled his destiny..

(I mentioned in my PM about a STRUGGLE MJ has)..

Well I believe that the Devil tries to make his life a living hell so he stays astray from forfilling his destiny.. Like a mental distraction, and weight..

He's been through so much, more than one man should EVER go through.. But I have learned the greater the gift God plants inside you, the Devil will try harder to stray you from using it in GOD'S NAME..

This is why so many gifted artists, turn to drugs, depression, etc.. Because they are overlly attacked. Also they tempt them with fame, fortune, etc.. To go for into the worldy/secular route, where in gives you riches on earth.. Some great artists, sang about the most rediculous YET great sounding things.

Now Michael has not been taken down by the Devil but has been hurt and brused by him.. That is why the devil keeps trying.. He knows Michaels gift is SO GREAT, that if it's done in God's name that it would effect the world in a very large way..

And that is some confusion I think Michael feels.. Michael has this love in his heart, but the devil plants specific questions in his heart to block him from the REAL core.. (Those in the PM) should kinda know what I am talking about..

Last edited:
I have a question for you Beth..

in your opinion where is the line drawn between a 'messanger of God' and a prophet..? I would like to hear your thoughts, ur always insightful

Kopv, I dont think I can be a prophet, if I dont talk about the word of God, I mean, ok when you are saying with your mouth a verse from the bible, I think you are prophesing? is that the verb in english? I mean, I think all the prophesies are writen in the bible and there can be no more things "added" by our "suppositions" of what is going to happen,because I think all has been given to us in the bible already until Jesus comes back again. so I mean, if I say something is going to happen.. and its not supported by the bible, I am saying things by myself and thats not right, I dont know if I explain myself with my bad english .. but I mean, I dont believe in men these days who say they are prophets,, and they are not talking about what is written in the bible because I only belive in the bible as the word of God (this is my belive) so.. I think yeah you can be a "prophet" when you talk about God's word and what is written there, and you can also be a messenger of God at the same time. The difference?? well.. I think you can prophesy (or say things that are going to happen or that even has happened) only when you talk about God's word, and you can be a messenger of God aaaaall the time, even with your acts. (thats my thought) when you are following Jesus.

so if you talk to me about a verse in the bible, yeah ok I tell you that you can be a "prophet" so I think for instance talking about Michael when he said on tv that beautiful verse from the bible about children in matthew 19:14 "but Jesus said, "Suffer little children, and forbid them not to come unto Me,for of such is the Kingdom of Heaven." I think yeah he was prophesing there, sooo beautiful!! I gave thanks to God that same moment, it was so sweet and so brave of Michael, to name one of the most beautiful verses from the bible, even when the world could make fun of him in those moments, so yes ok Michael was being there a "prophet", but Michael or each one of us who talk about God and his kingdom even with acts, even if I were dumb and deaf!! with my acts, I can be a messenger from God, because I am giving a message from him with my acts, with my life.

please you have always to forgive my english :ph34r: I dont know if I say things as my head thinks about it hehehe.. Im so sorry, Im trying to learn each day more.

Kopv I always like to read your posts.

"Now Michael has not been taken down by the Devil but has been hurt and brused by him.. That is why the devil keeps trying.. He knows Michaels gift is SO GREAT, that if it's done in God's name that it would effect the world in a very large way.. "

wooow
;)

I'm about to PM you Beth..

something interesting..

It's a long one.. hope u like reading.. lol! well, you write long ones, so I asume that u do..

Last edited:
Kopv, thank you for your pm :D I think I will try to make a little clear what I think here after you pm me :rolleyes: and thank you for doing it. I have just written back to you :D

I think I began my post in a wrong way saying that I think that Michael is not a prophet, look, I meant I dont think Michael is a prophet in the sense that he can say things that are going to happen in the future, but in the sense of being a man who can work for God then yes!! Michael can be a phrophet or messenger or whatever you want to call it when he really and enterely put his life in God's hands, and work for his reign!! same as you and me when we do it.

Also the bible says we have to be careful because there will be false prophets these days,, saying things that there are not in the bible,, talking by themselves etc, "And many false prophets shall rise and shall deceive many." (Matthew 24:11)but yeah in the sense of talking about his word and working for him, we all can be "prophets", God's messengers, etc. ;)

I pray each day that more of us included Michael give completely our hearts to Jesus, that we surrender to him and work for his reign. The most important verse to my eyes in the bible: John 3: 16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." I pray that more people each day know about his plan of salvation. And if you and me have to shout it to the world.. lets do it! dont be afraid. Its the greatest love story in the world and the most beautiful ever told.

Beth

KOPV thank you for ur posts on this thread. i loved reading them. would you mind though explaining the part that i quoted below because im not sure i get what u mean. thank you :)

(I mentioned in my PM about a STRUGGLE MJ has)..

Well I believe that the Devil tries to make his life a living hell so he stays astray from forfilling his destiny.. Like a mental distraction, and weight..

i believe michael is a Godsent person with very special and unique gifts. i believe hes a prophet that God sent to the humanity for a special mission and to my estimation hes much greater than life itself and hes the greatest gift that God gave to the humanity. he has the power to CHANGE people. to change their minds and hearts. to make a true difference. he has the special and unique power to unite people, touch their hearts and souls and hypnotize them. when i see michael i see LOVE i see God i see LIGHT and HOPE.
i too believe theres SO much more to come from him. he has SO much more to teach us and his mission has a LONG way to go. hes been through hell and back and has come out victorious. he has managed to beat the devil in his own game. he beat evil and he came out stronger than ever. he has God on his side and he always and forever will. he's God's special child. i feel blessed to be able to see that. hes UNBREAKABLE, UNTOUCHABLE. he has nothing to be afraid of because hes already been thru it all and more and he WON big time.

so now WHO'S BAD ?!

Last edited:
KOPV you are driving me batty with references to your pm. As a whole can you please simply post your thoughts here instead of referencing them. I'm sure there are many that are not going to get the pm and it is fustrating lol. We are all interested in your thoughts :yes:

I do not believe that Michael's calling is to be a religious leader. I think his calling is to be a light, or an example to others through his work ethics and his morals. This doesn't necessarily require MJ doing anything special. He is special anyway. People follow his example as it is, but people are touched by his life and by his presence. MJ doesn't have to predict anything or preach anything. All he has to do is be himself.

MJ's life is not his own, and it never has been. Society, more or less dictates what he does with it, even when he fights against it. His songs are prophetic, even when he never intended them to be. He has no say in the matter, it is his destiny.

That is what I have observed in the short time I became an MJ fan.

Great thread! I agree KOPV. When there is an anointing on your life, there is always an array of attacks to stop the mission or the message that God wants you to spread. I believe Michael understands this. What's left to be seen is whether he fully accepts that his calling was never solely to "entertain." His ability to draw is not of his own--there's much more going on and it has been a struggle for him--doing what he wants to do and doing what he must do.

See, I don't post often, but I ain't scurrred, KOPV.

Great thread! I agree KOPV. When there is an anointing on your life, there is always an array of attacks to stop the mission or the message that God wants you to spread. I believe Michael understands this. What's left to be seen is whether he fully accepts that his calling was never solely to "entertain." His ability to draw is not of his own--there's much more going on and it has been a struggle for him--doing what he wants to do and doing what he must do.

See, I don't post often, but I ain't scurrred, KOPV.
Great post.:D

Also the bible says we have to be careful because there will be false prophets these days,, saying things that there are not in the bible,, talking by themselves etc, "And many false prophets shall rise and shall deceive many." (Matthew 24:11)but yeah in the sense of talking about his word and working for him, we all can be "prophets", God's messengers, etc. ;)

I am really loving reading all these posts.

I think to add to this...there will also be true prophets..and you can tell by seeing if what they say IS in accordance with the bible. The bible is our measuring stick I guess you could say. If what someone is saying goes against what the bibles message is, then they are a false prophet.

I wrote to Beth in a PM...and when I was done., I thought maybe I should just post it here... so :

I believe there are two types of prophets. The ones who have a vision of the future from God and they share that with others, and the ones who are listening to God and share and...well the dictionary says it better..lol "A person who speaks by divine inspiration or as the interpreter through whom the will of a god is expressed."

I was thinking about the bible, and how it is the inspired word of God....but did he end there? Is that his last word to us? He is with us always, so if we slow down enough to listen to Him, He will speak to us in His own way. If we share those words with others, whether we understand it is from Him or not, I think that would make us all prophets for that moment. But maybe many would think my definition of the word is too loose.

I have come to a belief through this last year that God can speak through anyone and anything in any situation if we are open to it at that moment, and perhaps sometimes it is more a matter of the listener being open to hearing Him, then their ears are opened to understanding. I also think that the devil can use anyone, Christian or not..if their motives aren't in the right place, and since we are all susceptible to falling under both Good and evils influence at any given moment. In my experience that has been the case....but it also could have been a matter of me (the listener) hearing one or the other.

It seems to me that when I wasn't following God, that is when I became most aware of the spiritual presence in all of life. I saw evil at work, and in turn God at work. I am thankful that I could come back to God, ask His forgiveness, and have him accept me so lovingly with open arms..though the devil may still try hard to snatch me away. I know to the wrong person listening to this, they could see it and think I am crazy for talking like this, but if they believe in God, then why be closed to it? God is so alive even now. He didn't stop talking to us way back in biblical days. He still walks with us. He still has His hand on our world. He is a hands on God! When you start being open to seeing His work and His plan, it is overwhelming to see all the intricacies lining up to work in perfect order. Even the evil that was experienced seems to have it's purpose. It strengthens us to go through difficulties. Tempers us when we are willing to step out of the fire and into His arms. If we stay in the fire, that is when it weakens us. The moment we chose to say NO to evil, and walk with God, placing our lives in His hands, that is when we are strongest. It is the most wonderful place to be. When under evils influence, we can fool ourselves into believing that we would rather be doing these bad things, or experiencing things that we KNOW isn't something God would approve of. We are fooled into believing that it is more fun, or more interesting to be doing what is wrong....but it isn't. God is NOT boring! When we are finally ready to walk with Him, He shows us just how precious every moment is. EVERY moment.
...and I think that is when we become His prophets.
:)

That is when we can see that every thing...even the bad and evil that we have experienced works to the good. He turns it all around. When we live this, the bible becomes alive! Each sentence is so vividly understood. All things work to the good of those who love Him....YES this is true and I know it to be true through my experience. That is why he can take the worst of the worst and turn them into His messengers IF they are willing to step out of the fire. That is why you can still come back to God if you have wandered away from Him (though He is there the second we ask). It isn't easy. When we are fully ready to come back to Him....He doesn't waste a second.

My understanding of MJ being a prophet is not a religious one, but a spiritual one. MJ appeals to people of every colour and creed. This, I feel would be virtually impossible if MJ became a religous ambassador. Even when MJ was into religion, it never played any significant part in his career.
I would be disappointed if MJ became religoius public figure, because he would close off many people who have strong faith that are other than his own.
MJ has the ability to touch people of every religion and creed and that is because he doesn't carry a religious tag. That will stop when he starts to preach from the pulpit or quote scriptures. MJ's path, I believe is a spiritual path, not a religious one. I like it that way.

Last edited:
God doesn't need him to be a religious ambassador. He made him the way he is for a reason. Doesn't need him to be anything other than what he is.

Religion doesn't equate with God. Religion is man made, but God isn't put in the box. We all can have a piece of the puzzle.

God doesn't need him to be a religious ambassador. He made him the way he is for a reason. Doesn't need him to be anything other than what he is.

Religion doesn't equate with God. Religion is man made, but God isn't put in the box. We all can have a piece of the puzzle.
That is the tuth there. I think MJ does a brilliant job without a religious tag to his name.:D

I agree Datsymay.
If you want the truth, you have to be open to hearing it. That is sometimes the problem that can come with belonging to a specific sect of religion. I think religion is important, but one cannot become closed to hearing the truth by getting stuck behind the doors of religion.

I agree Datsymay.
If you want the truth, you have to be open to hearing it. That is sometimes the problem that can come with belonging to a specific sect of religion. I think religion is important, but one cannot become closed to hearing the truth by getting stuck behind the doors of religion.
Let me say, Amen, to that:D

I Do My Self Believe In God. This Is Coming From Someone Who Was Once Lost And Very Sucidial. But I Think Mike's Path Is A Spritual One Not Religous. He Touches Everybody. Thats Why I Say Mike And Tupac Were Really Two Of The Same Kind. Their Poems Really Touch Every Body. I Think They Were Both Prophets. Kopv U Agree Big Homie.

Back