Most Iconic VMA Performance

billyworld99

Proud Member
Every year the MTV Video Music Awards feature some of the biggest and most memorable performances from all of your favorite artists.

Less formal than the Grammy Awards, the VMAs give artists the opportunity to let their hair down and really go out on a limb to put on some of the most daring and exciting performances of their careers. Simply put, you’re not going to see a blood-soaked Lady Gaga dangling above the stage or a wedding dress-clad Madonna climbing down a cake and rolling on the floor anywhere else.

But Madonna’s star-making turn at the inaugural VMAs and Gaga’s electrifying take on “Paparazzi” are just two of the most iconic moments in VMA performance history. Who can forget when Sting joined Diddy, Faith Evans and 112 to pay tribute to Notorious B.I.G. with “I’ll Be Missing You” in 1997, or when Eminem surrounded himself with lookalikes to perform “The Real Slim Shady” in 2000? And, of course, many are still jealous of a certain python that got to spend a few glorious seconds draped around Britney Spears’ shoulders in 2001.
Narrowing down all of the classic VMA performances to a short list of the most iconic was a major task, but we think we’ve singled out the ten most unforgettable performances in VMA history. Now it’s your turn to tell us which performance is the Most Iconic VMA Performance Ever. Vote after the jump.

http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/08/12/most-iconic-vma-moments/

He's losing to Britney and GaGa? Don't think so. I voted.

Voted
2rdvyc7.gif

These polls are always annoying really.
The reason is that mostly kids are voting and most of them have never even seen half of these performances.
No matter how great they were. So they only vote for the people who are popular right now, hence why those two are at the top. It's always the same nowadays. These kids basically spam these polls.
It's almost impossible to do polls like this now with acts and songs that were popular over 20 years ago. (For instance Guns 'n roses who are on the list)
This is how great performers and such in music are quickly being forgotten. I personally hate that.

Anyway, I voted for Michael but I don't think it will make much of a difference (although I guess we could try). I loved some of the other performances as well though. ( "Walk this way" was great, "I'll be missing you", Eminem, Madonna and well I would say Britney as well)
Reminds me of how I used to really like the Vma's/Mtv. Times sure have changed.

Btw I just realised this poll is easily cheated. Just refresh the page and you can vote again.

mtv VMA's lol whats the point of this award show anymore? MTV never plays videos anymore None of the Music Video channels do. kinda stupid now to have an award show for no videos.

voted

Thank you for voting!

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> Michael Jackson, “The Way You Make Me Feel”/”Scream”/”Beat It”/”Smooth Criminal” Medley (1995) 40.24% </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> Lady Gaga, “Paparazzi” (2009) 29.81% </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> Britney Spears, “I’m a Slave 4 U” (2001) 28.79% </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> Madonna, “Like a Virgin” (1984) 0.67% </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> Bon Jovi, “Livin’ on a Prayer”/”Wanted Dead or Alive” (1989) 0.22% </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> Eminem, “The Real Slim Shady”/”The Way I Am” (2000) 0.11% </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> Aerosmith, Run DMC, Kid Rock, “Walk This Way” (1999) 0.06% </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> Guns N’ Roses, “Welcome to the Jungle” (1988) 0.05% </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> Diddy, Faith Evans, 112, Sting, “I’ll Be Missing You” (1997) 0.03% </label>

<label class="pds-feedback-label"> The Rolling Stones, “Mixed Emotions” (1989) 0.01% </label>

Return To Poll

Voting. I'm sure we can get him to #1, as we did in other polls.

Voted :)

And with that, I'm gonna go watch Mike's performance :D

Voted.As pointless as it is,I like Michael to win these polls ^^

But there are more here : http://newsroom.mtv.com/2011/08/12/vote-ultimate-vma-showdown/
There's one titled Most Outrageous VMA Moment that features Mike and Lisa's kiss ( I would rather he doesn't win that one :ph34r: )

Then one for Best VMA Pop Performance that has his 1995 medley again plus the performance with NSYNC in 2001 and also the tribute Janet did in 2009.

Then there's this one : Most Outrageous VMA Outfit ,where Lady Gaga's meat dress is winning,but I personally voted for Jack Black,when he tried to mock Michael in 2003.

And then we have the biggest insult from MTV : there's polls for the best videos of the 80's,90's and 00's.It's so sad to see all those..at least they mention Michael in the text above the polls.

Come on let's keep voting, it would be a travesty for Gaga to win this in my eyes. :ninja:

Great, so vote repeatedly!!!
Do you realize the importance of MJ winning the poll? (no matter what you now think about MTV....)

MTV needs to see the power of MJ fans!

Back