MTV's Blatant Disrespect Of Michael on Snapchat

Your point was that people are supposedly not allowed to express themselves here. You complain about that by trying to police how others should express themselves.

That's not what I'm saying lol. There's normal expression of opinion, then there's, "your opinion is wrong, I am right" or acting like a negative opinion makes you a "fake fan". I see a lot of that around here . People can act how they want, that won't stop me from saying how I feel about the way they're acting though.

That's not what I'm saying lol. There's normal expression of opinion, then there's, "your opinion is wrong, I am right" or acting like a negative opinion makes you a "fake fan". I see a lot of that around here . People can act how they want, that won't stop me from saying how I feel about the way they're acting though.

Yes, "you are wrong and I am right" and "fake fan" discussions do happen. Some are called "fake fans" and others are called "mental". Any difference?

People simply discussed the MTV snap chat in this thread - whether you agree with their opinion or the way it was expressed, it was just that before THEY got attacked for expressing an opinion. As you yourself put it it's "just a stupid snap chat". If it is stupid and irrelevant I don't know why people are so invested in trying to tell others how to feel about it. Especially people who then complain about how fans are not allowed to express opinion here. Don't you get the irony in this?

For the record, I never called anyone mental. I said this is why they are perceived as mental.

Big difference.

Yes, "you are wrong and I am right" and "fake fan" discussions do happen. Some are called "fake fans" and others are called "mental". Any difference?

People simply discussed the MTV snap chat in this thread - whether you agree with their opinion or the way it was expressed, it was just that before THEY got attacked for expressing an opinion. As you yourself put it it's "just a stupid snap chat". If it is stupid and irrelevant I don't know why people are so invested in trying to tell others how to feel about it. Especially people who then complain about how fans are not allowed to express opinion here. Don't you get the irony in this?

Yeah this got a bit off track, I still stand by basically everything I've said but I guess I got a bit worked up with the arrogance of some posters.

Yes, because getting offended personally and making it your personal mission when someone says something about a celebrity is normal behaviour? Im sorry but I've seen quite a few people who have said they don't like to voice their opinions here because of how people act. Other people do it so it's okay? Nah, it's still unhealthy behaviour Imo, doesn't matter what fanbase is doing it. You seem to have a very level headed perspective, many here don't though.

It's normal behaviour for a certain section of the fanbase, yes. Most fan forums tend to have a few fans like that. On MJJC they are hardly the majority though, no matter what our reputation is. Even in this thread, there are many people saying it's not a big deal but you choose to focus on the few who do feel offended and pretend like they represent the whole forum. There are so many great and critical discussions here, I have no idea where your assertion comes from that many fans here are not level-headed. That's not my experience at all.

It's normal behaviour for a certain section of the fanbase, yes. Most fan forums tend to have a few fans like that, usually the younger ones. On MJJC they are hardly the majority though, no matter what our reputation is. Even in this thread, there are many people saying it's not a big deal but you choose to focus on the few who do feel offended and pretend like they represent the whole forum. There are so many great and critical discussions here, I have no idea where your assertion comes from that many fans here are not level-headed. That's not my experience at all.

It's not normal though, is what I'm saying, just because it's normal to someone somewhere doesn't make it okay. You've had a different experience to me and others I know then, there's enough people like that here to make it a problem. I'm pretty much done with this discussion now anyway, I think I've said enough today lol. I'm sure everyone on this site has been annoyed by my posting :D

TBH, I could understand how some of us would look a bit cray cray if the offense wasn't justified and we went the f*** off, but what MTV did was ratchet as hell, and definitely disrespectful, so even though I've calmed down now, I have ZERO regrets about what I said at first.

Like I said if some don't think it's a big deal, some disagreed with our reaction, fine with me. But if some of us wanted MTV to go f*ck themselves, who are you (the ones who attacked some of us) to tell us what to do and how to feel on the matter?

Yes, because getting offended personally and making it your personal mission when someone says something about a celebrity is normal behaviour?
who the hell are you to judge what's "normal behavior"?. yes, some people are more emotional than others when it comes to their idols. maybe that's just who they are as a person in general. some people are more emotional than others. it doesn't make them any less of a normal fan than you

It's not normal though, is what I'm saying, just because it's normal to someone somewhere doesn't make it okay. You've had a different experience to me and others I know then, there's enough people like that here to make it a problem. I'm pretty much done with this discussion now anyway, I think I've said enough today lol. I'm sure everyone on this site has been annoyed by my posting :D

I guess it just doesn't bother me that much. If I think someone is overreacting, I just move on to the next post. The behaviour you mentioned earlier (calling someone a "fake fan" and such) is against forum rules so if you see that happening, you could just report it to the moderators. Overall I think MJJC is a pretty good forum though with a lot of intelligent and reasonable posters. I joined a few years ago and there were more 'new fans' back then who were more emotional but most of them left by now. But I'm ready to end this discussion too, lol :)

Fake fans, mental, weird, or stupid... IDK but you're all homo sapiens in my book!

Linda now I wanna know what you were going to say about what I said lol! pm me..

I guess it just doesn't bother me that much. If I think someone is overreacting, I just move on to the next post. The behaviour you mentioned earlier (calling someone a "fake fan" and such) is against forum rules so if you see that happening, you could just report it to the moderators. Overall I think MJJC is a pretty good forum though with a lot of intelligent and reasonable posters. I joined a few years ago and there were more 'new fans' back then who were more emotional but most of them left by now. But I'm ready to end this discussion too, lol :)

Yeah maybe I just need to work on not letting it bother me. Just gets too much after a while lol.

I know you're talking about me, maybe you should quote me and stop making these "I see" posts. Very childish.

I can quote you or not quote you, and YOU can't do a thing about it.
I'm also glad that you realize that you are indeed an arm chair psychiatrist.
You trying to tell people how act, and saying that people who act differently then you think they should aren't acting normal is childish AND foolish behavior.

I can quote you or not quote you, and YOU can't do a thing about it.
I'm also glad that you realize that you are indeed an arm chair psychiatrist.
You trying to tell people how act, and saying that people who act differently then you think they should aren't acting normal is childish AND foolish behavior.

I've done nothing but state my opinion. I see you respond with yet another childish post. :/. I think I'm done.

I've done nothing but state my opinion. I see you respond with yet another childish post. :/. I think I'm done.
Okay, I'm done too.
Have fun being the real childish one by crying about opinions you don't like though. :)

I for one happen to love MJJC and the environment it provides. :yes:
I find that most people that are "scared" to express their opinions on here actually just want to bash Michael and not be reprimanded.:yes:
There are plenty of fourms for that though such as LSA, MaxJax, etc, all of which I personally consider trash compared to MJJC (even out of comparison to MJJC I consider those websites trash TBH). :)

Okay, I'm done too.
Have fun being the real childish one by crying about opinions you don't like though. :)

I for one happen to love MJJC and the environment it provides. :yes:
I find that most people that are "scared" to express their opinions on here actually just want to bash Michael and not be reprimanded.:yes:
There are plenty of fourms for that though such as LSA, MaxJax, etc, all of which I personally consider trash compared to MJJC (even out of comparison to MJJC I consider those websites trash TBH). :)

You do realise you are being childish now right? It's embarrassing. Yes, people who want to express opinons other than the ones you hold just want to bash MJ, that makes perfect sense. :smilerolleyes: You can cosider other websites whatever you want to consider them, I don't really see what that has to do with anything. Anyway, I'm not gonna respond to you again, it's getting very tiring and I honestly feel stupid even trying to at this point as you seem to want to make this into an argument. I have no intention of arguing with you. You're the one that talked about me

your opinion is very judgmental

They don't see this though.
They came in here mad about people stating their (justified) opinions about MTV all the while stating an arrogant and judgmental opinion of their own. :/

Thing is if they think we were going off then they must not see how some other fan bases get down. :rofl:
MJ fans are far from the only fanbase that get incensed at disrespect directed at their fave artist. :)

And imposing, telling the people he disagrees with what to do.

I think I've already clarified that people can act how they want. I'm not telling people how to act, just giving my opinion on how I feel about it. Sorry if I came across as authoritarian or something. I'm very blunt.

Last edited:
innuendo141;4163497 [B said:
(Ive no idea what Stan means and I always see it written)[/B]

Also, these award shows only reflect the way most of those artists have "beef" and "throwing shade parties" so publicly. It feeds into the culture of people who want to see it. If you are into all of that, then fair enough, but if you buy into all this "beef" culture, then I wouldnt necessarily consider the above even remotely offensive to Michael Jackson. Its the culture of Mtv, reality TV and Pop culture as a whole at the minute. Eg. an embarrassment.

Think you hit the nail on the head with this description. I understand the audience is tweens, teens, and people in their 20's who watch the channel and use Twitter, snapchat and instagram at the same time. They thrive on being "edgy."

Think the middle finger thing was totally uncalled for, but then again, I thought the BET slam at Madonna after the Prince Tribute at the Billboard awards was just as bad. I was pretty put off by that, and it was also uncalled for to attack a woman who was a colleague, friend, and co-icon in the pop music world. This is from someone who isn't a fan of Prince or Madonna, but I CERTAINLY see their iconic status in pop music history.

So off topic, but I kept seeing the word "stan" too-and I had no idea what that meant-but got from the context that it meant a hysterical, obsessed fan. Finally, a few months ago, someone mentioned the Eminem video-and I pulled it up on YouTube. I don't care for rap-but this video and song was something-really, really scary and makes you wonder how awful it is to have obsessed fans-it was great, I don't mind saying. You ought to watch it. Hope it won a few VMAs in its day.

And yes, the only other vid I've seen of his, is the one where he makes fun of Michael-after Michael talked about it on a radio show-so I'm not impressed with him as a person, but this was pretty brilliant.

Think you hit the nail on the head with this description. I understand the audience is tweens, teens, and people in their 20's who watch the channel and use Twitter, snapchat and instagram at the same time. They thrive on being "edgy."

Think the middle finger thing was totally uncalled for, but then again, I thought the BET slam at Madonna after the Prince Tribute at the Billboard awards was just as bad. I was pretty put off by that, and it was also uncalled for to attack a woman who was a colleague, friend, and co-icon in the pop music world. This is from someone who isn't a fan of Prince or Madonna, but I CERTAINLY see their iconic status in pop music history.

So off topic, but I kept seeing the word "stan" too-and I had no idea what that meant-but got from the context that it meant a hysterical, obsessed fan. Finally, a few months ago, someone mentioned the Eminem video-and I pulled it up on YouTube. I don't care for rap-but this video and song was something-really, really scary and makes you wonder how awful it is to have obsessed fans-it was great, I don't mind saying. You ought to watch it. Hope it won a few VMAs in its day.

And yes, the only other vid I've seen of his, is the one where he makes fun of Michael-after Michael talked about it on a radio show-so I'm not impressed with him as a person, but this was pretty brilliant.

Agreed stan culture is dumb as hell, and needs to poof out of existence TBH.
Additionally, for those that wonder why I think a Eminem is trash I'll just drop this right here.

I don't care how many black people he worked with, if he was "young and dumb", or whether or not he gave an apology, this is not okay and no one can convince me it is.
Not only is it racist but it's misogynistic too.
The song starts off innocent enough but then the misogynoir comes in full tilt.
I just don't want y'all thinking I'm calling him trash for no reason. :)

Last edited:
I don't care how many black people he worked with, if he was "young and dumb", or whether or not he gave an apology, this is not okay and no one can convince me it is.
Not only is it racist but it's misogynistic too.
The song starts off innocent enough but then the misogynoir comes in full tilt.
I just don't want y'all thinking I'm calling him trash for no reason. :)
I just pulled up and listened to this. Have to ask is this for real-that's one of the worst things I've ever heard. Really pitiful-can't believe he has ANY fans, much less stans. LOL.

Back