Much Too Soon - Discussion

without

aahhh, the drama.
Always present.
Always drama out of the most little things :doh:

makes me think of the drama llama :lol:

I'm not making a drama out of this.
The only thing I just dont understand, is why they would add that accordion to the song.

For me it's 100% pointless, I just dont see the reason here.

I mean just hear both versions...

& tell me, why they added the accordion...?
The song was perfect until $ony released it. :doh:

I'm not making a drama out of this.
The only thing I just dont understand, is why they would add that accordion to the song.

For me it's 100% pointless, I just dont see the reason here.

I mean just hear both versions...

& tell me, why they added the accordion...?
The song was perfect until $ony released it. :doh:

So, did Sony added the accordion to the final version? haha :lol: It kills the song imo.:doh: WTF is wrong with these ppl?
I have leaked version on my computor and it sounds great without the accordion.

Last edited:
^ Oh enough, the song sounds beautiful. It has a very raw organic feel to it. You really can't please some people.

We have the rather fake sounding Monster, and then we have the beautiful honesty of this track where people still want to spoil. I totally agree it's a travesty that Breaking News and Monster are on the album but let us enjoy this one please :)

:agree: People are going nuts over an accordion.

Nobody is going nuts. The question is why SONY want to ruin the original MJ version as it was recorded when he was alive? I was sure that in the album we are going to have Michael's version. After watching this video above, I am still in state of shock.:doh:

The song is beautiful. I do prefer the original version tho. Not sure why they put the accordion in there, but whatever. Doesn't change the fact that MJ sounds amazing. Love the song either way.

Well, I think both versions are pretty in their own way. The leaked version sounds "quieter" (for lack of a better word) and this current version sounds more dramatic I guess. As long as it's THE ONE AND ONLY MICHAEL JACKSON SINGING LEAD VOCALS AND ONLY HIM ON LEAD VOCALS AND NOT SOME OTHER GUY I'm fine. :)

I have to agree with the naysayers here. The accordion was not a good addition. That's not to say it detracted from the song. It's still an incredible track and i'm not going to complain.

The new version sounds more remastered and complete. It sounds like the instruments are newer. More of a crisp sound. I like it

I have to agree with the naysayers here. The accordion was not a good addition. That's not to say it detracted from the song. It's still an incredible track and i'm not going to complain.

Oh well, I love the song and the lyrics but we do not have too many original tracks left. Why they (Sony/estate??????) think that they are entitled to change anything what was done by the artist when he was alive? I hate this idea from the top to the bottom and I will never agree with this.

The second, the accordion from my point of view makes this song sound like folklore kinda music. I love the accordion but not in this case. I am happy that I have a leaked version of this song.:)

At least we have 100% MJ vocals on this track LOL

Last edited:
That sounds like a harmonica to me, not an accordian, but I agree that it should go. On the other hand the leaked track sounds incomplete to me. So I'd be happy with the official version minus the harmonica.

It is a pretty sweet song either way.

The new version sounds more remastered and complete. It sounds like the instruments are newer. More of a crisp sound. I like it

Yeah this part I agree with, but still the accordion (or harmonica or whatever) just doesn't mesh "that" well. It doesn't sound as easy as before. I still love it though.

New Michael Jackson Song 'Much Too Soon' Released Online

Melancholy love ballad was recorded during Thriller era.
By Gil Kaufman

Yet another new song from the upcoming first posthumous album from Michael Jackson, Michael, has appeared online, and it should appease fans who feared that the 10-song effort would draw primarily from the singer's less-fruitful later years. "Much Too Soon" dates back to the late King of Pop's legendary 1982 Thriller album.

Like the melancholy "Hold My Hand," another song from the album due out on December 14, the latest track is an earnest love ballad. "Much Too Soon" premiered on the iTunes' social networking site, Ping, on Tuesday (November 30).

Singing over a gently picked acoustic guitar and soft, majestic strings, Jackson employs his fragile falsetto to moon about a lover who has left him. The tune mixes a folk feel with touches of classical guitar and a Stevie Wonder-like harmonica break.

"She was there just sitting at the table/ Thinking now that things won't be the same/ And wouldn't you like to go with me?/ And she answered 'no' to me/ But I guess I learned my lesson much too soon," Jackson sings as subtle choir voices rise behind him. "Take away this never-ending sorrow/ Take this lonely feeling from my soul/ If only I knew what things bring tomorrow/ She'd be sitting here beside me."

At just under three minutes, the melancholy ballad has the intimate feel of a credits track that might roll at the end of a tear-jerker movie, and according to notes on the Ping site, it was always a favorite of Jackson's.

"Michael always liked the song and would pull it back out of the vaults for each subsequent album project but never found the right home for it," the site revealed. "Here it finds its place as the bittersweet closing to the stellar collection."

The song was written by Jackson and co-produced along with one of the executors of his estate, John McClain. The string section features famed arranger David Campbell (Adam Lambert, Metallica, My Chemical Romance).

"Hold My Hand," featuring vocals from Akon, is the first official single from the album. Its universal plea for peace features some classic Jackson lyrics delivered over a lilting Caribbean beat.

"Much Too Soon" is actually the third tune from Michael to surface in recent weeks, following on the heels of the uptempo "Breaking News." That never-before-heard track — set to a propulsive, robotic beat and layered with MJ's signature helium-high vocals — was another in a series of songs Jackson penned lashing out at the intrusive media.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1653267/20101130/jackson_michael.jhtml

But he doesnt really sound like a young Thriller Michael..sounds more like Invincible or more recent Michael? Or is it just me? Was it only conceived in the 80s or was it also fully recorded then as well?

True. The other version would not have been well recieved by media and general public. This new version is polished and finalized. And it is great. It's perfect. Such a great beautiful song.

I read that it was written in the early 80s and recorded in 1994.

That's what I've read too. Maybe he wanted to add it on HIStory?

i listened now. i think accordian doesnt sound michaelish.

I just heard Blue Gansgsta.... and you won't believe me but... there's an accordian there too!!!
LoL!!! this will end being the Accordian album!

:toofunny: :rofl:

I love the hamonica...... sorry guys
the harmonica is great too.
the accordian... whatever! I can live with it :flowers:
It's a great song. We all agree on that!!! :flowers:

I didn't get to listen to the new one...but accordion? :unsure:

Back