Much Too Soon - Discussion

Jacob, You said you were going to leak it without the intro if the album version was different...am I correct?

Jacob, You said you were going to leak it without the intro if the album version was different...am I correct?

Everything happens at the right time. :cheeky:

People please stop sending me PM's about this song.
I wont give you any links at this moment.

Agree...not sure why they added it, imo it was more beautiful and moving with the strings alone.

Okay, I have heard both now, and yes, they did change the music. Michael sounds exactly the same on both - beautiful and perfect. The music, they should have left with the strings because it was more fitting for this song. It was more elegant. Still a great song, but sometimes I wonder why people change things that are already perfect.
I actually thought that with For All Time. I liked the version I'd heard for years before the actual released one better. Sometimes less is more.

Tayrl Jackson loves the song :)

On Tuesday 30th November 2010, @Taryll said:
"Much Too Soon" - At a very early age my Uncle taught me to appreciate and study all types of music. I remember going to the music stores with him and he would pull cd's for me "Do you know this? (Carole King... Tapestry) have you heard of them? (Bread) oh I love this...(Jim Croce's.. I have to say I love you in a song)" we would walk down the aisles of every section... it was like homework for me. He gave me a little at a time and when I was ready for more he would give me a whole new list. "There's so many styles... study it all, don't limit yourself." - I would leave the store with a wide variety with anything from Tchikovsky's Nutcracker to Queen. When we got home or in the car we would listen to it. Some songs would weaken him and touch his heart while others would make him sing and dance!! He was always teaching me and I am so thankful for all of his lessons in both music and life. - this is what came to my mind when I first heard "Much Too Soon." I love this style of music and I can appreciate it because of you. I love you MJ

Yeah, but Michael is no longer here to make the songs.

he quiet clearly had this one pretty much finished how he wanted it. He has mixing notes with bruce and had recorded full vocals for it as you can hear. I'd make a good bet that MJ left a nearly final version of this as he wanted it. And i'd also make a guess although i confess i can't be sure that Michael wouldn't want that accordian in it, he was a big fan of strings. The harmonica solo was a nice touch, it was classy, but adding this accordian totally overdoes that feel and makes it sound naff, something only someone with great musical knowledge and touch would realise, someone like Michael.

I wish people would stop with their fake vocals crap...

What, because you dont agree with it? Thats life, your allways going to be confronted with people who dont share your opinion.

The world would be a much more peaceful place if everyone shared the same opinions, unforunately it isnt like that.

I dont know why people are bringing the fake vocals up in this thread though. hat point doesnt have to be made in every thread.

This is a beautiful song and it deserves its own appreciation thread without it being tainted with fake vocals talk.

I also would prefer the original to the album version.

While I'm not too happy with the new arrangement, I can live with it. It's still a great song.

Just wish they'd stop tampering with Michael's work when it's already perfect as it is.

If Michael said he really liked the song, but could not find a home for it. Why did they feel the need to tamper with it!?

It was fine the way it was! Not everything needs to be improved. If it isn't broke, dont fix it.

If Michael said he really liked the song, but could not find a home for it. Why did they feel the need to tamper with it!?

It was fine the way it was! Not everything needs to be improved. If it isn't broke, dont fix it.

I agree with you, damn it fucking Sony always wants his hands on everything.

Just listened to the livestream on iTunes from Michael Jackson - Much Too Soon..... I Fell in love with the song, I cried.......... and thought: WHY ??????????? WHY ON EARTH DID YOU GO ?????????????

Just listened to the livestream on iTunes from Michael Jackson - Much Too Soon..... I Fell in love with the song, I cried.......... and thought: WHY ??????????? WHY ON EARTH DID YOU GO ?????????????

:cry: :huggy:

Beacause, my dear, Angels, like Michael Jackson, visit Earth for a little while, and then they return to Heaven.
The good news we get to be with them again, some eternity. :8-25-03angel_not:

Last edited:
For the first time as I can remember the danish press is very positive!

They LOVE the song.

One tabloid gave it 5 out of 6 stars saying it was "pure magic"

Great great song.

uhh.. Why are you guys so sure that version is going to be on the album?

I love the "new" version.

It it beautiful. Why complain about it. You don't know if MJ made a note saying he wanted to ad an accordian or whatever.

I think it sounds perfect. His voice is amazing, the instruments are perfect - simply this is the best MJ song released since 2001 IMO.

yes
that's the one question we can never stop making
I love this song.
I don't give a damn about accordians
C'mon!! It's not like it destroys the song at all, why so much anger? :doh:

For me, it'll be "invisible" :D

funny-cat-playing-accordion.jpg

which one is original? with accordion or without?

without

aahhh, the drama.
Always present.
Always drama out of the most little things :doh:

makes me think of the drama llama :lol:

Back