Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor"

Re: MSNBC to air Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" / Estate letter @pg18

So, one can say that some of these people basically helped fund Murray's defense. Wonder what other accused would they be willing to do such for.

Casey Anthony. Ivy's article gave examples of similar situations in other cases. It's a despicable practice, but unfortunately not an uncommon one.

Re: MSNBC to air Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" / Estate letter @pg18

Conrad Murray has no money!? :scratch:
He could make a fortune if he create a toilet paper with the face of Conrad Murray on it! :puke:
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Thanks i needed that. I remember the one you did of baldy.

How could the defense claim they did not know he gave an interview. When the cameras were following them you mean to tell me that no one thought Muarry will be interviewed as well. Who are these people trying to fool. They know where the money they were paid came from, and all this is blood money and I hope it brings them pain and sorrow.

To me before the money goes to the lawyers, it should first go to pay off Muarry's creditors, child support, and Michael Jackson. I wish an injunction could be made to have those funds held and if the defense have it, they should be forced to give it back.

NBC is passing off this documentary to MSNBC, and keeping it away from their big on air talent, as if this mess is not going to affect the entire network. NBC is quite aware they are doing wrong.

I guess it is true that the only way to deal with networks is to target the sponsors. Unfortunately we only had a few days notice and Thursday is tomorrow. Isn't it interesting that the points we made about the doc like muarry doing an interview during a gag order is in that media report above.

The circumstances surrounding the documentary raise a host of thorny issues, including how carefully NBC investigated the provenance of a film that offered exclusive interviews and footage in a highly competitive news story, and whether the doctor violated a court-imposed gag order, even as he shielded from his own lawyers the extent of his cooperation with the filmmakers.

In the final days of his manslaughter trial, Murray sat for wide-ranging interviews about Jackson's death with NBC and a British outlet as part of the documentary package those networks purchased. Murray's criminal attorneys said they were never told of the interviews, given despite their warnings about "the dangers of talking about June 25th" — the day the singer died

Judge Pastor must be made aware of this. They clearly violated the gaga order.

I hope the judge is paying attention to this. This whole thing makes me sick. Michael deserves to rest in peace. This is just wrong. I can't help but cry over this.

See my previous post. When lawyers have basically no case, they resort to character destruction, regardless of whether or not they personally believe what they're saying (see my example with my friend). The only difference between these lawyers' behaviour in this case and other lawyers' behaviour in low-profile cases is that the media is not interested in the latter. So, of course they're going to line their pockets by exploiting the high-profile nature of this case (and, evidently, their own client).

This explains why the trial was delayed for ages, and why they sucked in court. They were too preoccupied with making this filthy documentary, which is what will ultimately put the dough in their pockets. Flanagan just admitted Murray has no money, after all...

I have a feeling they knew they never had a case, and they chose to take it only to exploit and capitalize from as much as they could. It's brilliant, actually: free publicity, no real pressure to win, and nothing to lose--after all, it was Murray, and not them, who was on trial.

The timing of this piece will (I think) most definitely affect Judge Pastor's sentencing come the 29th, but it definitely will not affect the "defence team's" profits... Of course, if Pastor orders him to pay restitution (which I sincerely hope will happen), Murray won't see a cent from this so-called documentary, and so the "ordeal" (poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor Conrad Murray
Icon3_by_captio3.gif
) he has gone through in the form of trial and subsequent sentencing will have been for naught. I wonder if he realizes what a fool he's been made of.

lol After reading this post, I think Murray is an idiot to agree to do this. The released clips just show this man just blamed everyone else unreasonable. How is this making him looked good? What a moron. No wonder he would practice in this crazy way. Poor MJ.

Jermaine talked about the mockumenatry tonight on 'Piers Morgan':

ivygivyPM ivy
@jermjackson5 Thank you for doing this interview, Jermaine. Great stuff. You've been a great ally to us fans in the past couple of months.
2 minutes ago

ivygivyPM ivy
@lmt4mj And he's saying it's disgusting to think that while we were all waiting for a verdict he was doing glamorous interviews
4 minutes ago

ivygivyPM ivy
How did Jermaine become the family member us fans can rely on the most?
6 minutes ago

ivygivyPM ivy
@lmt4mj He says everything Murray says now is irrelevant. He is doing exactly what the rest of the family should be doing.
8 minutes ago

ivygivyPM ivy
@lmt4mj Jermaine is doing pretty well. Slamming Murray for being a coward and not taking his chance to tell the truth in court
9 minutes ago

mari45678 Mari
Your right Jermaine! It doesnt matter what Murray says in this mockumentary. He's a coward, he'a a liar.
10 minutes ago

mari45678 Mari
Tell it jermaine: Conrad Murray is a liar
12 minutes ago

Thank you Jerms! I just wish he was taking some action against this mockumentary tho.....

Please tell me Bashit is not involved with this. I bet he has his filthy hands all over this.

so Jermaine changed his mind and decided that it was worth commenting after all? good for him!

^Whatever his reasons (because I get the feeling Jermaine likes to pander to Michael's fans), I'm glad at least one person in that family has spoken out their objections against this crapumentary.

Conrad Murray is a psycho, sociopath, liar, and murderer.
Hell awaits him.

Be assured, an evil person will not go unpunished,
but the offspring of the righteous will be delivered.
from the Bible, Proverbs 11:21

FULL transcript of Jerm's interview on 'Piers Morgan Tonight' 11/9 talking about the documentary, Murray, etc...

CNN.com - Transcripts

Good evening. It's been a long two years for Michael Jackson's family, but now with the conviction of Dr. Conrad Murray on involuntary manslaughter charges, they're speaking out and they're angry about a documentary about Michael's doctor.

Jermaine Jackson is of course Michael's older brother and the author of "You Are Not Alone."

Jermaine, the family understandably pretty incensed by the revelation that Conrad Murray has been cooperating with this documentary for several years, apparently. Tell me how you all feel.

JERMAINE JACKSON, AUTHOR, "YOU ARE NOT ALONE": We're very angry. We're angry because Dr. Murray is a liar and he had his chance in court, he was tried by 12 jurors and they found him guilty. So anything he says is really irrelevant. He had his chance to stand up. He is a coward. He's a liar. He didn't stand up in court. And plus, this had to be for money, because that's -- he must have been paid big to do this.

MORGAN: There are lots of different reports. Apparently, officially, he got paid $1 to do this. But the -- apparently the networks have been asked to put up as much as $1 million for the footage. So clearly the truth hasn't quite emerged yet about who's paid what.

JACKSON: See, stuff like this, this is why I wrote the book. I wrote the book because I want people to remember Michael, the human being, and not all the negative things about his death. But for Conrad Murray to -- I can't believe -- we're going to court, waiting for a verdict, he was doing a documentary. That is ridiculous.

MORGAN: Cynics will say, you know, who maybe are not massive fans of Michael Jackson, will say, come on, Jermaine, you're doing a book about your brother. He's entitled to have his say.

JACKSON: Wait, wait, wait.

MORGAN: What would you say to that?

JACKSON: I can't believe that they gave me stick for writing a book that's the truth and I stopped before the verdict. I stopped before the trial. I'm telling the truth about my brother. I'm defending my brother.

What's coming out of Conrad Murray's mouth is lies. He had his chance in court. He should have stood up. He's a coward. He's a liar. And the fans shouldn't even worry about this because 12 jurors unanimously found him guilty. So whatever he says is irrelevant. We don't care. We want to move on and focus on the person, the beautiful person that Michael was.

And that's why this book was written.

MORGAN: The family has written to NBC, I believe, today demanding clarification of exactly how much money they paid for the documentary. If it turns out that Conrad Murray has made large sums of money or is intending to, what will the family do about this?

JACKSON: Who cares about the money? The money is not important. What's going to come out of his mouth is lies. The money is not important. What's going to come out of his mouth is lies. He had his chance. He had his chance in court, and he did not stand up. He is a coward, Piers. He's a coward. He's a liar. We don't care.

MORGAN: Is it part of you, Jermaine, not -- I mean, obviously, we had this very emotional interview before about six weeks ago when you didn't know how the trial was going to go. You feared the worst. You feared your brother's reputation would be smeared.

I'm not sure that the worst fears were realized, but certainly your conviction then that Conrad Murray had effectively caused the death of your brother has been borne out by the verdict.

JACKSON: I think Conrad Murray got what he deserved. I don't like the charge. If you ask me the question how do I feel after the verdict, I feel the same way before the verdict. I just -- because I feel that Conrad Murray is the finger to a bigger hand. And the fact that he did not care for my brother.

He got what he deserved. But the charges should have been much greater. The charges were weak. I mean, you can go into a hospital and steal propofol and probably get more time than he got.

MORGAN: Should a network, NBC, or anybody else, be airing this documentary, do you think?

JACKSON: No. No, because here's a guy who's a liar. The jury, the system has found him guilty. Why would they want to -- says a lot about the networks. This is MSNBC. I'm sorry. This is trash. This is bull crap. He should not -- listen, I really don't want to give that much light to it because it's not important what he says. It's irrelevant. It's irrelevant. He's found guilty. These 12 jurors unanimously found him guilty.

MORGAN: Is there a part of you, Jermaine or your family, curious to hear what he has to say?

JACKSON: No.

MORGAN: Even though he didn't say it in court.

JACKSON: Not at all. Not at all.

MORGAN: I mean one line is --

JACKSON: How do you -- how do you order four gallons of propofol and say you're trying to wean my brother off of it? How do you say, well, maybe it was an accident? Why didn't you call 911? So what's going to come out of his mouth?

MORGAN: We asked NBC to comment. They declined to comment about this. I would imagine that they're considering, I guess, the reaction from the family.

JACKSON: Because it's wrong. It's wrong. And we shouldn't -- I really don't want to bring that much light to it because that's not what's important. What's important is that we celebrate Michael's life and we remember the good things, the good things that he's contributed to the world.

MORGAN: What sentence do you think he should get? Obviously the maximum is four years.

JACKSON: Put it like this, if they gave him all the time in the world, it's not going to bring my brother back. It's not.

MORGAN: I want to play you a clip from the moment that he was convicted, because you -- most the family were there. I want to see what you all were feeling in that moment. Let's just watch this. (BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: We, the jury in the above-entitled action, find the defendant, Conrad Robert Murray, guilty of the crime of involuntary manslaughter.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

MORGAN: In that moment, what did you all feel?

JACKSON: What I was feeling, I felt the same, because this is just a process we're going through. There's a lot of questions that the family had before this trial started, and we were hoping to get answers. There's still a lot of answers -- questions that needs to be answered.

MORGAN: I mean the key thing, Jermaine, I think, if I can just throw something at you which I think is really, really fascinating that came out today, one of the jurors went public and said there were three reasons that they convicted him unanimously, as you said, all 12.

One was his failure to call 911 immediately. Second, his failure to have backup medical equipment. And thirdly for leaving the room. She said that the combination of these things almost certainly meant that Michael died when he could have been saved.

Now that's a pretty dramatic thing for the jury to say. I mean that's directly saying his actions killed Michael.

JACKSON: Yes. So why are they interested in hearing what he has to say in a documentary? I'm just livid because I can't believe that while we were going home during the trial he was filming a documentary and it had to be for money. But to -- I think the jurors are right. They made the right decision. His negligence, his inability to take care of my brother. At the same time, he's the finger to a bigger hand. And there are lot of questions that we need answers to.

MORGAN: There were two -- there were two things that happened in the trial, which I would imagine from the family's point of view, were deeply distressing. One was the issuing of the photograph of Michael after he died.

How did you -- how did you react to that when you knew that was happening?

JACKSON: I felt for my mother. I felt for my mother because to see your son dead on the bed, I thought it was crazy to even show these photos. What was he thinking to take Michael during the time when he was sedated and for people to think, well, he's an addict because of the way he's talking.

Michael was sedated. And still he's thinking about children, building a children's hospital, and for those who had questions whether he was this child molester, which is so ridiculous to think that, his intentions were to take care of children.

MORGAN: You mentioned that the recordings -- I just want to play a little bit of that recording because it was very shocking, I mean, to me, to his fans, to the family, to hear Michael like this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

MICHAEL JACKSON, POP ICON: My performances will be up there helping my children and always be my dream. I love them. I love them because I didn't have a childhood. I had no childhood. I feel their pain.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

JACKSON: Piers, that's someone who's sedated. To play this, I don't know whether it was the prosecution's decision to play this, but what came out of this is to show his feelings for children.

MORGAN: Had you ever heard Michael like that?

JACKSON: Never heard him like that.

MORGAN: Had any of the family ever heard?

JACKSON: Never, ever, ever.

MORGAN: Because I was so shocked when I heard this.

JACKSON: Never. What was his intention to tape this? What are they going to do?

MORGAN: Well, what did you think they were?

JACKSON: He was probably going to use it.

MORGAN: Why would anyone tape him like that?

JACKSON: Because he's a liar. He's a -- why? Look at what he's done.

MORGAN: Well, Jermaine, I wish you all the very best, you and your family. It's been an incredibly difficult few weeks for you. And I'm just glad that you got some kind of justice even if you feel probably not enough.

JACKSON: Yes. Thank you.

MORGAN: Thank you, Jermaine.

jermjackson5 Jermaine Jackson
I've said all I've got to say about that shameless coward Murray on @PiersTonight at 9pm ET. Bottom line: it's our truth versus his lies
4 hours ago

@mjYanaGirl protecting & preserving Michael's legacy is about celebrating and focusing on HIS life, words, music, goodness and truth
10 hours ago

@OneGlovedRider @Qbees whatever Murray says, it can't "ruin" the 2yrs hard work/fight for justice that resulted in 'guilty' and him in jail
10 hours ago

@doit4MJ agree. Turning our backs and not giving it attention is boycotting it
10 hours ago Favorite Retweet Reply

again, good for him. He listened to the fans and decided to comment. And he said all the right things.

Although I find it interesting and kind of ironic that most media said that the family issued a statement while it was the Estate. And the Estate and the family are two different things.

^Sometimes the estate acts more like family than the Jacksons, so the confusion is not exactly unjust, lol. With that said, I unwittingly caught Jermaine's interview with Morgan. I thought he did a decent job delivering the point Murray is a coward for not taking the stand and choosing to profit from his "side" of the story via media instead.

Thanks for posting this. Usually, those on mainstream, U.S. news, are basically TOLD what to say, what position to take. What I saw of Vinnie, was genuine emotion. He was outraged, about the documentary.

I think/hope this may backfire on Murray, badly. And it also might affect the sentence that Pastor gives him. It is NOT over.

I wonder if HLN would air the doc as well his reaction would have been the same? :scratch:

Glad Jermiane spoke out. I can understand his postion now to not want to mention it so much to the point were it get's promoted it without actually wanting to and get people interested in watching it. But, it's still important to say u won't stand up for it and call it for what it is, CRAP!

Unfortunately this is now airing in Australia.

Firstly I believe Conrad to speak absolute rubbish saying that Michael said HE was his only friend. That is BS.

But CM is talking about Michael's pain from his childhood which honestly is making me very close to tears.

Anyway, blah. Hearing the defense is blah.

I hope Murray is not making money from this. That's screwed up.

Firstly I believe Conrad to speak absolute rubbish saying that Michael said HE was his only friend. That is BS.

But CM is talking about Michael's pain from his childhood which honestly is making me very close to tears.

Did you watch the whole doc?

It's on Channel 4 tonight, but under the name of The Doctor That Killed Michael Jackson. I assume that is it or it could be something totally different. It's a shame that networks aren't removing this from their networks. :(

Shame they are airing it. I urge fans not to watch. I wouldnt watch it even if i was paid.

If it's the same documentary, at least the channel GThomson93 talked of called a spade a spade. However, I still would not watch it, and I am urging people, regardless of whether they are MJ fans, not to watch it either.

Michael Jackson & the Doctor - Australia Channel 9

Hey is anyone in Australia watching the channel 9 documentary with Murray?

Unfortunately the documentary is on currently in Australia. The following was posted on Amazon's MJ forum:

Right now in Australia I'm watching this program, obviously produced by an English company:

It contains many interviews with Conrad Murray as well as behind-the-scenes peaks at the defence attorneys and our most trusted expert witness Paul White. What Conrad Murray has to say is truly self-serving and disgustingly loathsome. I'm surprised to see this documentary in circulation so quickly. Presumably it was a carefully thought out set up to make quick bucks. This may not be available in the U.S. due to various restrictions but it's obviously available outside the U.S. and has no doubt been distributed throughout Europe and Asia with tidy sums accrueing to the guilty parties.

Re: Michael Jackson & the Doctor - Australia Channel 9

yes just finished, what did you think

Can you give us a summary, in terms of all the negative stuff Murray and his lawyers had to say about Michael?

Back