Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor"

Re: MSNBC to air Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" / Estate letter @pg18

don't feel bad.

it's not about winning or losing. It's about giving a good fight. It's about standing to the wrongs in the world. We did our part and we can stand proud.

and hopefully creditors and jacksons will sue murray for every dime

I know you are right Ivy...its just sad that Murray will get a chance to AGAIN tell his lies...and this time there is no one there to call him on it and hold him responsible. :( Just to bad. smdh Michael deserves so much better than this.

Re: MSNBC to air Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" / Estate letter @pg18

Murray's dug himself into a hole, despite how things may appear. Because he's going to get sued for every dime now, slammed by Judge Pastor at the sentencing, and will forever be remembered as the man who killed the biggest pop star in the world, no matter how he tries to dress it up. Not to mention he will be a convicted felon for the rest of his life and will hopefully never practice medicine again. The only attention he will be getting after the dust has settled will be from his stripper hoes and any MJ fans he has the misfortune of running into. Enjoy the rest of your pathetic life, Murray. While you can. Karma's a bitch!

Re: MSNBC to air Conrad Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" at 10 p.m. ET Friday Nov

Muarry told a woman that Michael was a freak and this is the person Flan said on tv was muarry's best friend.

Flan also said Muarry was working with poor people and Michael was the poorest because he owed 400 billion. I had to add this for comic relief.

This doc that is supposed to show how Michael died, according to the media, is really another step in the degradation and bullying of Michael Jackson.

Yeah, I heard that, and Chernoff said the same in his interview a while back. They all keep contradicting themselves, it's hilarious. Either he was Murray's best friend and Murray admired him lots, or he was a "weirdo freak" or whatever. Can't they all make up their minds?

Can't say I'm exactly surprised...lawyers will say and do anything for money, which is why most people hate them. I realize there are exceptions (T-Mez, Walgren) but as a general rule this seems to be the case.

Michael may have been in debt, but so was his own client, it seems he's conveniently forgotten that tidbit. Even worse, while being so massively in debt, Murray goes and squanders his money on strippers instead of helping to provide for his children!

EDIT: I remember now!! What I was going to say is that when lawyers don't have a good prognosis for a case, they tend to resort to character attacks. I was discussing this Murray case and the defence's strategy with my friend, and she told me that when she was married to her daughter's dad and I think the dispute was over custody (don't recall exactly atm), his side of the family sent a lawyer after her who basically tried to assassinate her character by spreading malicious rumours about her because otherwise they had no case, thus no way to prove she was an unfit mother.

Fortunately, that did not affect the outcome, but still... what this tells us is that this is a commonly used tactic. =/

Last edited:

So, Murray called Williams in an emergency thinking that Williams probably wouldn't call back. So, he did not want to waste time with explanations to the 911 responder but did in calling someone he wasn't sure would respond back?

Guthrie seems so proud of her interview. What a shame!

Damn Jermaine it does matter WTF? I hope know one watches this program and just wait until it's free online to watch like on youtube or something. Don't give this ish any ratings.

Well now we know why the defence kept delaying the trial, they had more important things to do. Damn them all they knew they never had a case, these are lawyer's I never heard of lawyers acting like this before.

Re: MSNBC to Conrad Murray Documentary "Michael Jackson and the Doctor" at 10 p.m. ET Friday Nov 11

The judge said something today about restitution so whatever he made he will loose soon

What does the judge mean by that?

don't feel bad.

it's not about winning or losing. It's about giving a good fight. It's about standing to the wrongs in the world. We did our part and we can stand proud.

and hopefully creditors and jacksons will sue murray for every dime

YES, we stand proud. This is not simple, and sadly, it IS a marathon. The "Son of Sam" law does not apply in California, but there are other ways to justice. One is that creditors can sue Murray for every dime, and he'll be SORRY he ever made that "crockumentary." Another thing is Pastor's sentencing, to come. I think that the timing of this tv show will not help Murray, but harm him. There is NO way Pastor is not aware of this, and I'm quite sure this will affect sentencing. He had the option to simply let Murray GO, awaiting sentencing. But, he did not. He said he was a "danger to society." We were able to have the catharsis of seeing Murray go off in handcuffs. . . finally.

I usually despise HLN, but last night I happened to tune in, and "Vinnie Pollitan" (sp?) was YELLING with outrage over this documentary. The abuse of Michael is SO obvious, that even the usual talking-head-haters are shocked?

The Estate's letter was fantastic. The fan outpouring has been tremendous, and will not stop. Not only refusing to watch, but the boycotting of advertisers of this show, ongoing.

Yeah, we can be proud, and it's a GOOD fight.

I mailed channel 4 again, using all my email accounts. So they are goin ahead with this? :( Such a shame.

I wish the worst for Murray. This documentary might air now, but his life is in shambles and he's dug himself into a hole that will be hard to get out of.

If he loses his medical license, he will have to find other ways of making money (Hello McDonalds!). He can write a book, maybe do a couple shows, but sooner than later people - even MJ haters- are gonna tire of listening to him repeat the same lies. The media and public interest over him will fade away. I hope he suffers miserably for what he did to Michael, and continues to do through greed.

he will have to find other ways of making money (Hello McDonalds!)

:giggle:

Well now we know why the defence kept delaying the trial, they had more important things to do. Damn them all they knew they never had a case, these are lawyer's I never heard of lawyers acting like this before.

See my previous post. When lawyers have basically no case, they resort to character destruction, regardless of whether or not they personally believe what they're saying (see my example with my friend). The only difference between these lawyers' behaviour in this case and other lawyers' behaviour in low-profile cases is that the media is not interested in the latter. So, of course they're going to line their pockets by exploiting the high-profile nature of this case (and, evidently, their own client).

This explains why the trial was delayed for ages, and why they sucked in court. They were too preoccupied with making this filthy documentary, which is what will ultimately put the dough in their pockets. Flanagan just admitted Murray has no money, after all...

I have a feeling they knew they never had a case, and they chose to take it only to exploit and capitalize from as much as they could. It's brilliant, actually: free publicity, no real pressure to win, and nothing to lose--after all, it was Murray, and not them, who was on trial.

The timing of this piece will (I think) most definitely affect Judge Pastor's sentencing come the 29th, but it definitely will not affect the "defence team's" profits... Of course, if Pastor orders him to pay restitution (which I sincerely hope will happen), Murray won't see a cent from this so-called documentary, and so the "ordeal" (poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor Conrad Murray
Icon3_by_captio3.gif
) he has gone through in the form of trial and subsequent sentencing will have been for naught. I wonder if he realizes what a fool he's been made of.

I usually despise HLN, but last night I happened to tune in, and "Vinnie Pollitan" (sp?) was YELLING with outrage over this documentary. The abuse of Michael is SO obvious, that even the usual talking-head-haters are shocked?

I saw that on the stream, he was so damn mad. His name is Vinnie Politan and he is a former prosecutor.

http://twitter.com/#!/vinniepolitan

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
What do YOU think about Conrad Murray's documentary being sold? Let me know I'll put it on the show... #HLN at 6pm
8 Nov

DontraelM dontrael minix
@VinniePolitan i watched your show tonite and i think your behavior was ridiculous, this isn't about you, why so much anomosity, get a life
23 hours ago

Vinnie Politan
@DontraelM don't like killers who make money off their crime
20 hours ago

I saw that on the stream, he was so damn mad. His name is Vinnie Politan and he is a former prosecutor.

http://twitter.com/#!/vinniepolitan

VinniePolitan Vinnie Politan
What do YOU think about Conrad Murray's documentary being sold? Let me know I'll put it on the show... #HLN at 6pm
8 Nov

DontraelM dontrael minix
@VinniePolitan i watched your show tonite and i think your behavior was ridiculous, this isn't about you, why so much anomosity, get a life
23 hours ago

Vinnie Politan
20 hours ago

Thanks for posting this. Usually, those on mainstream, U.S. news, are basically TOLD what to say, what position to take. What I saw of Vinnie, was genuine emotion. He was outraged, about the documentary.

I think/hope this may backfire on Murray, badly. And it also might affect the sentence that Pastor gives him. It is NOT over.

In the past couple of days, I am been consumed with tests and work that university throws on me..but tonight, I'm going to dedicate myself to reaching out to as many people as I can in order to help us with this.

Stick together, guys x

DontraelM dontrael minix
23 hours ago

Vinnie Politan
20 hours ago

:clap: So glad mr politan anit taking murrays bull*** and standing for whats right

Conrad Murray has no money!? :scratch:
He could make a fortune if he create a toilet paper with the face of Conrad Murray on it! :puke:

At least media is uncovering what's behind this documentary

Did British documentary pay for Murray's costly defense?

Michael Jackson's physician, convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the singer's death, was deeply in debt when he began working for Jackson. NBC purchased the film for broadcast this weekend.

Dr. Conrad Murray was convicted of involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson. (Reuters / November 8, 2011)

By Harriet Ryan and James Rainey, Los Angeles Times
November 10, 2011
The verdict is in, the jury has been dismissed, and Dr. Conrad Murray sits behind bars, but one question about the trial of Michael Jackson's doctor remains: Who paid for the defense?

Speculation about how the cash-strapped physician funded an expansive legal team focused Wednesday on a British documentary made with Murray's cooperation and purchased recently by NBC for broadcast on its cable network MSNBC this weekend. Representatives of Jackson's estate demanded the network cancel the program, entitled "Michael Jackson and the Doctor: A Fatal Friendship," in part because of unanswered questions about whether Murray was compensated for giving filmmakers interviews and allowing camera crews to follow him and his lawyers.

"We would like to know how much money in total was paid for this privileged 'access,' " estate co-executors John Branca and John McClain wrote in a letter Wednesday to executives at NBC, MSNBC and its parent company, Comcast. "It doesn't matter to us if it was a production company, Comcast, NBC Universal or MSNBC that paid for access to Dr. Murray because all are morally culpable."

Murray was in debt close to $800,000 on the day Jackson died and his financial circumstances worsened in the months that followed as intense media coverage hurt his ability to earn money as a cardiologist. But after signing a deal with a British producer in 2009, he was able to assemble a defense team that included four attorneys, a jury consultant, a publicist, and a host of medical experts. He was convicted of involuntary manslaughter Monday.

Those involved in the documentary refused to discuss details of the deal with Murray. They repeatedly reiterated a statement by October Films, the London-based production company, that it paid only a nominal $1 fee to Murray. Left unaddressed, though, were questions about whether the doctor received a portion of fees paid by television outlets in Britain, Australia and at least 10 other countries that will air the program.

The circumstances surrounding the documentary raise a host of thorny issues, including how carefully NBC investigated the provenance of a film that offered exclusive interviews and footage in a highly competitive news story, and whether the doctor violated a court-imposed gag order, even as he shielded from his own lawyers the extent of his cooperation with the filmmakers.

In the final days of his manslaughter trial, Murray sat for wide-ranging interviews about Jackson's death with NBC and a British outlet as part of the documentary package those networks purchased. Murray's criminal attorneys said they were never told of the interviews, given despite their warnings about "the dangers of talking about June 25th" — the day the singer died

"They just didn't tell me because they know I'd freak out," said lead defense attorney Ed Chernoff, who said he learned of the interviews the morning after the verdict when portions aired on NBC.

Murray, who decided not to take the stand in his own defense, is in jail pending sentencing later this month and could not be reached for comment.

All payments to Murray's lawyers came directly from the doctor, not the filmmakers, Chernoff said. He acknowledged telling Murray shortly after they met that financial resources were crucial to a court case in which the prosecution seemed to have an unlimited budget for forensic experts and investigators.

"I told him early and I told him often that the only way he was going to be able to defend himself was to have money. He had to fund his case or he would never be able to defend himself," Chernoff said.

At the time Murray's Las Vegas home was in foreclosure. He was behind on child support and student loan payments. He owed money to credit companies and a medical equipment supplier. And because Jackson never signed his contract, Murray never received any of the $150,000-a month fee he was supposed to get as the singer's personal physician.

Subsequently, Murray was approached by Leon Lecash, a British photographer turned entrepreneur whose ventures included a butler service that, according to one press report, "promises to solve any problem." Lecash was among hundreds of outlets begging Murray for an interview, but according to the doctor's former publicist, Miranda Sevcik, Lecash's company – what's it all about? productions – was the only one willing to delay broadcast until after a verdict.

"This was the only group that approached us that agreed to that caveat — until all litigation was complete," Sevcik said.

Camera crews began trailing Murray to church, his charity clinic in Houston and meetings with his lawyers. Chernoff said he sought advice from the California State Bar before agreeing to be filmed. The doctor began providing him money, he said, but he never asked about the source.

"It wasn't pertinent to what I was doing," he said. Asked whether he assumed the money came from the documentary, Chernoff replied, "I can't say that because I don't know for sure."

Others on Murray's team said they agreed to be filmed, but purposefully avoided discussions about the documentary and Murray's deal with producers.

"I specifically asked not to be involved in any of the financial aspects," said defense publicist Mark Fierro.

Filming continued throughout the trial even after the judge issued a gag order barring lawyers from discussing the case outside of court.

In October, before the defense had even rested its case, the filmmakers began shopping the documentary to broadcast and cable networks. They wanted close to $500,000 for American rights, according to a source at a network that passed on the film, and were offering a sit-down interview with Murray. NBC bought the rights and began airing clips of Murray describing Jackson's last moments on "The Today Show" the morning after the verdict. The documentary is set to air on MSNBC on Friday night and again Sunday.

NBC declined to say what it paid the filmmakers, but said in a statement, "Neither Dr. Murray nor his legal defense were compensated in any way."

A network source added that October Films had assured NBC that no part of the licensing fee would make its way to the doctor or his lawyers. The network did not respond to follow-up questions, including whether it had asked if Murray was paid through Zodiak Rights, the British company handling international distribution.

Zodiak boasted in a news release the day Murray was convicted that the company had presold the documentary in more than a dozen countries, but the company did not respond to questions about whether any of the money had been passed on to Murray.

When pressed about why the deeply indebted physician — who initially demanded $5 million a year to work for Jackson — would have granted camera crews access for only $1, a publicist for October Films replied, "You have to look at Zodiak. You would need to talk to Zodiak Rights about the international rights."

Van Gordon Sauter, president of CBS News in the 1980s, said NBC's payment to the production company effectively paved the way for the exclusive interview with Murray, a practice frowned on by most mainstream news organizations.

"I don't know how you can look at that and not come to the conclusion that they were paying for the interview," said Sauter, who worked as a journalism professor and public television executive after leaving CBS. He said that practice is disdained because it makes news organizations appear to be in alliance with newsmakers, potentially encouraging subjects to embellish their stories.

"This doesn't strike me as something that's appropriate," Sauter said. "MSNBC is spending a lot of time talking [in promotions] about 'Leaning forward,' and I think this is tripping backward."

There is a long history of media outlets paying newsmakers, even notorious ones, for access. The man accused of kidnapping the Lindbergh baby was defended by an acclaimed lawyer, with payments coming from the Hearst Newspapers in exchange for exclusive access to the defendant, Bruno Richard Hauptmann.

Testimony in a hearing last year revealed that ABC had paid $200,000 to Casey Anthony, accused of murdering her daughter Caylee. The money reportedly went to "license" the use of the Anthony family's photos and videos and was available for Anthony's defense. After a wave of bad publicity, ABC said it would in the future not make such payments, which a network spokesman called an unnecessary "crutch" to good news gathering.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-et-1110-murray-doc-20111110,0,3333162,full.story

unfortunately regardless if we DONT like it they are GONNA air this damn documentary,,,so we might as well let them know that we are not gonna take this sitting down....THEY WILL BE BOYCOTTED....No ONE will watch. Their ratings will suck....we HAVE to hit them were it hurts and THAT is their pockets. Let them feel the wrath of Michael Jackson fans....NO ratings means NO MONEY, Then see were that puts them,

Last edited:
and there we have it

NBC Universal Paid $300k For Dr. Conrad Murray Documentary

By Jen Heger - Radar Legal Editor

NBC Universal paid $300k for a documentary featuring Dr. Conrad Murray discussing the death of his former patient, Michael Jackson, that is going to be broadcast on MSNBC on Friday night, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Murray was found guilty of the involuntary manslaughter of Jackson on Monday, he is currently in custody awaiting sentencing.

"NBC Universal paid the production company approximately $300k for the right to air the documentary,” an insider tells RadarOnline.com exclusively. “Much of that money will go to pay Dr. Murray's lawyers, Ed Chernoff, Michael Flanagan, and Nareg Gourjian. If there is any money left over, it will go to Dr. Murray's current girlfriend and mother of their son, Nicole Alvarez. Dr. Murray will not directly profit from the sale of the documentary.”

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, the executors of Michael Jackson's Estate, John Branca and John McClain fired off a letter to NBC expressing their outrage about the documentary.

The letter states: "No sooner was Conrad Murray ordered led away in handcuffs after his conviction on manslaughter charges in the death of Michael Jackson than we discovered your MSNBC network inexplicably will showcase him in primetime Friday night as if he is worthy of celebrity.

"Dr. Murray's victim, Michael Jackson was a loving father, an incredible talent and someone who had much left to give the world. Dr. Murray is a convicted felon who a judge felt compelled to have placed in handcuffs and jailed immediately after the jury delivered its verdict. He is not someone NBC Universal should be giving a platform on a prime-time pedestal. We demand that you exercise proper judgement and refrain from airing this program."

Dr. Murray will be sentenced on November 29, 2011, and could face four years in state prison. Dr. Murray was placed in custody immediately after the jury announced their verdict.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/11/conrad-murray-documentary-paid-nbc-300k

I wonder if these outlets realize the slippery slope they are starting with this disgusting move.

See my previous post. When lawyers have basically no case, they resort to character destruction, regardless of whether or not they personally believe what they're saying (see my example with my friend). The only difference between these lawyers' behaviour in this case and other lawyers' behaviour in low-profile cases is that the media is not interested in the latter. So, of course they're going to line their pockets by exploiting the high-profile nature of this case (and, evidently, their own client).

This explains why the trial was delayed for ages, and why they sucked in court. They were too preoccupied with making this filthy documentary, which is what will ultimately put the dough in their pockets. Flanagan just admitted Murray has no money, after all...

I have a feeling they knew they never had a case, and they chose to take it only to exploit and capitalize from as much as they could. It's brilliant, actually: free publicity, no real pressure to win, and nothing to lose--after all, it was Murray, and not them, who was on trial.

The timing of this piece will (I think) most definitely affect Judge Pastor's sentencing come the 29th, but it definitely will not affect the "defence team's" profits... Of course, if Pastor orders him to pay restitution (which I sincerely hope will happen), Murray won't see a cent from this so-called documentary, and so the "ordeal" (poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooor Conrad Murray
Icon3_by_captio3.gif
) he has gone through in the form of trial and subsequent sentencing will have been for naught. I wonder if he realizes what a fool he's been made of.

Thank you Severus I just read your previous post too, I don't usually skip but at 2am I'm slipping. I should have remembered this behaviour from the pro's in 05, I really hope that Judge Paster is able to bring it down on Murray, I'm hoping there's nothing law wise that can prevent this.

So, one can say that some of these people basically helped fund Murray's defense. Wonder what other accused would they be willing to do such for.

Kikuchiyo;3533448 said:
Conrad Murray has no money!? :scratch:
He could make a fortune if he create a toilet paper with the face of Conrad Murray on it! :puke:

^ And he had the nerve to call Michael his poorest patient. Fuck it, I didn&#8217;t know that owning the SONY/ATV Catalog valued at USD 2 Billion, made someone poor.</SPAN>

This
bananafu.gif
for all of Murray's stupid, sad lies.
</SPAN></SPAN>
</SPAN>

So, one can say that some of these people basically helped fund Murray's defense. Wonder what other accused would they be willing to do such for.

yeah they helped fund to pay for a murderers legal fees...dont know how these people sleep at night. In the end karma is a bitch,,and I am sure it will come around and bite them all in the ass...and when it does,,,I sure hope Michael is looking down and laughing at each and every single one of them

Ofcourse they would be people to help someone that killed MJ with his defense. IT SICK! But, not surprising sadly!

haha and they said before that Murray didn't get pay???? How stupid is that comment. The distributor got paid mean Murray and his layer got paid. They think people just so stupid to think Murray will do this for free? Don't be ridiculous.
Thank God Katherine finally came out to say something.

I was going to say the same thing that it is good that Katherine finally did something, but it annoys me that most of the media is mentioning the family when we are the ones that are doing most of the work.

The channels run the risk of tainting their reputation by having this show. This was filmed in advance of the trial, and Murray probably repeats the same or similar statements in it trying to blame Michael, and others around him for his death. The same statements that have been exposed and debunked in court, where he was found guilty. So the channels are perpetuating statements that have been proven false in a Court of Law. Who is the loser at the end of the day? Murray is still guilty.

So much for "ONE DOLLAR?" Murray's lies never end. The good thing about this? The backlash will be tremendous.

No wonder he looked so cocky through out the trial, so any money left over will go to his girlfriend and son (that will please his other baby mamas) and Murray will be laughing all the way if he get's house arrest. $800,000 debt a thought of not going to London I'm thinking this charge could well have been capital murder. I hope they're onto this and slap him with everything going.

Back