Murray Trial - 28 September - Day 2 - Discussion Thread

Point about MJ being able to terminate at any time is probably their explanation for the big pay; ok, it's 150.000 a month, but this guy closed his offices and could be fired whenever MJ wanted... So then 150.000 is not that much.

Also, when Murray was correcting the provisions with her, specifying the equipment be provided in LA was never mentioned or added. He made sure the dates he was to start and end getting paid were changed but didn't ask for any specifications re: equipment. If he needed it in LA, he should have indicated that in the contract. Murray should have stated that he wanted it for LA to have on hand while MJ was rehearsing "just in case", but he didn't do that, apparently. If he had, AEG would have THEN been in the hotseat for not providing it. Seems all Murray was concerned with was getting his FEE sorted.

The contract Murray signed was to have that equipment in London only?
Where does it day that?

I dont think it did, ad they kept asking her and she kept saying Murray TOLD het he only needed it in Londen.
If it were in the contract she wouldve just pointed them to the page.

Is it just me or does the fact murray requested the equipment prove that he knew the meds and treatment he was giving Michael was high risk even in the doseges he claims he gave him.

There's another point. The witness said that Murray only talked about care provided in the day time. Never said a thing about him spending the night or doing work for Michael during the night time.

Also, as even the lawyers on tv noticed, Murray knew he didn't have the proper equipment and he gave Michael drugs anyway. They also pointed out if it was normal to have a CPR machine, why the heck didn't he have one already himself, given that he is a heart doctor. The people on the In Session are not buying anything from the defense and everyone is visibly disgusted with Murray.

Where does it day that?

I dont think it did, ad they kept asking her and she kept saying Murray TOLD het he only needed it in Londen.

I don't know. I am asking if that is what is in the contract he signed.

Even if the equipment in the contract was for the whole period, Murray still could've asked for the equipment once he started in LA....
So sure, the defense has a small point here, but Murray shouldve just requested the equipment again if he needed it....

I dont think Murray gave a crap about the equipment, but hey, the defense found a small point to score

Did the contract actually state that the equipment was for London? I wasn't sure if the contract said that, or if that was the contract lawyers understandng based on her discussions with Murray. The contract wasn't signed by Michael or AEG, though, so I'm not sure why it was important. If Murray NEEDED this equipment in LA, he should have declined to provide services until the equipment was provided.

I wish the prosecution would have talked to the witness again. They should have asked her specifically if Murray told her that he needed the equipment ASAP. They should have asked her if Murray mentioned that he needed propofol or needed equipment for when he was giving Michael propofol at home, just to make sure the jurors remember that this trial isn't about a contract for services, Murray's gross or net pay (after insurance and ground transportation, lol), or medical equipment that was mentioned in the contract.

flannagan was trying to argue that the start of the contract was may and thats when murray was asking for the equipment for. the witness said the contract didnt start till everyone had signed it. the pay would only be back dated to may. as of june 25th the contract was not signed so her point was that the eqipement was for london only. as thats what the contract was for ie the contract mentions providing a house for murray in london etc.

Where does it day that?

This is true. The issue tho is that Murray did not specify. He TOLD her London, but why didn't he TELL her he needed it for LA as well. If he had, maybe the issue would have been put into the contract. It seems he did not. He was only correcting things related to his $$$$. That was his mistake, not AEG's. Everyone was assuming the items were for London and it appears Murray never indicated otherwise...UNLESS he thought someone was going to give him the equipment in LA to take to London and by default he would have access to it in LA. Again, if that was his plan or assumption, he screwed up.

Same as he made sure the dates for him to get paid were stressed, he should have stressed exactly when and where he needed emergency equipment. He did not. Too busy counting his Benjamins before they hatched, I guess.

Whether he asked for the equipment the whole time or not he still gave Michael propofol on a nightly basis without the proper equipment. He knew better.

This is true. The issue tho is that Murray did not specify. He TOLD her London, but why didn't he TELL her he needed it for LA as well. If he had, maybe the issue would have been put into the contract. It seems he did not. He was only correcting things related to his $$$$. That was his mistake, not AEG's. Everyone was assuming the items were for London and it appears Murray never indicated otherwise...UNLESS he thought someone was going to give him the equipment in LA to take to London and by default he would have access to it in LA. Again, if that was his plan or assumption, he screwed up.

Same as he made sure the dates for him to get paid were stressed, he should have stressed exactly when and where he needed emergency equipment. He did not. Too busy counting his Benjamins before they hatched, I guess.

why would murray ask for the the cpr machine in L.A then ppl would be suspicious. he was hardly ever at rehearsals so why would he need it.

amir williams is up. im sat here with my dinner can someone please post updates or my spag bol is gonna go everywhere lol

As long as Murray started going round to see Michael, CPR machine would have been needed and it shoulda have been there. No consolation even if it was going to be shipped to London. Ms. Dury specified, in L.A. he did not asked for CPR!
Now trhey're back Michael Amir Williams

Thanks Elusive for the recaps.

If Murray had requested the equipment specifically for LA, it would have raised suspicions (hopefully). Maybe that's why he was not specific about where and when this equipment was needed

Also, when Murray was correcting the provisions with her, specifying the equipment be provided in LA was never mentioned or added. He made sure the dates he was to start and end getting paid were changed but didn't ask for any specifications re: equipment. If he needed it in LA, he should have indicated that in the contract. Murray should have stated that he wanted it for LA to have on hand while MJ was rehearsing "just in case", but he didn't do that, apparently. If he had, AEG would have THEN been in the hotseat for not providing it. Seems all Murray was concerned with was getting his FEE sorted.

This is also what I got from the witness' testimony. Murray was more concerned about the pay arrangement than getting an equipment in place. I hope the jury can see Murray was motivated by money.

Also, I hope the continuous objection/substained pattern whenever Klein is brought up will let the jury believe that Klein is irrelevant in this trial as well.

What we believe or the media said cannot influence the outcome of the trial, but what the jury believe can determine whether justice will be served.

I think Murray left a lot of things ambiguous because if he had indicated he needed a CPR machine ASAP, it may have raised flags. Just like this lawyer mentioned the O2 had it's own machine in the arena and questioned WHY Murray would need another, it may have raised questions if he was hauling it to and from MJ's house every night.

I remember there was an email sent from Murray to AEG requesting CPR equipement in LONDON .

I believe with every fiber of my being that Conrad Murray in cold blood in a fit of rage murdered Michael Jackson, because Michael Jackson refused to sign the AEG contract that would make Murray Michael's doctor for the This is It tour.

"Besides, this Duncan
Hath borne his faculties so meek, hath been
So clear in his great office, that his virtues
Will plead like angels, trumpet-tongued, against
The deep damnation of his taking-off;
And pity, like a naked new-born babe,
Striding the blast, or heaven's cherubim, horsed
Upon the sightless couriers of the air,
Shall blow the horrid deed in every eye,
That tears shall drown the wind. I have no spur
To prick the sides of my intent, but only
Vaulting ambition, which o'erleaps itself,
And falls on the other."
- William Shakespeare, Macbeth, 1.7

Murray told the contract lawyer that he needed the CPR machine because Michael stressed his body so much during performances, and he didn't want to depend on the O2's machine, in case it isn't available. During a performance, there are thousands of other people in the building. I guess that he didn't want to take the chance that the machine would be in use or too difficult to get to. That seems responsible to me.

I assume that the Forum and the Staples Center have CPR machines. Unless Murray told AEG that he needed the machine for Michaels's home, why would AEG feel that they need to provide another one in LA?

Back