Murray Wants MJ Rehearsals *Update @266* Sony wants subpoena for footage quashed

Re: Murray Wants MJ Rehearsals *Update @197* Sony To Give Rehearsals

then what was the talk two years ago that the rehearsals were being shot with only two cameras? and now there are 11 cameras. Or did I miss the info about the number of cameras before?

Last edited:

Well, if it were about 10 camera's, that would explain the "hundreds of hours" of footage, and the little we are shown in TII.
(a couple of hours per camera times 10).

then what was the talk two years ago that the rehearsals were being shot with only two cameras? and now there are 11 cameras. Or did I miss the info about the number of cameras before?

most of the footage used is from 2 cameras - THE OTHER, TIM PATTERSON, AND ONE FROM SANDRINE ORABONA.

spy cam is generally a low quality camera put to one spot
line cut is a system that multiple camera input sources send what they record and you chose what to show (such as recording a live show with 4 cameras and the director sees what each camera is shooting and says go to camera 2 now go to camera 4)
widecam and wideshoot are the cameras that record the whole scene - they would be far away recording the whole stage.
overhead camera is the one that shoots from above / ceiling

I see. Thanks for explaining!

I usually try not to second guess judges in situations like this but I think this was a mistake allowing such because it is just turning in to a fishing expedition. This is all about whether or not Murray administered a lethal dosage of medication to Michael and was he negligent in his handling of the medical care with the propofol.

It shouldn't matter what Michael was doing on those tapes because that is just allowing for wading in the waters. Nothing on those tapes are going to indicate he was going to die on June 25. Now, they can prolong this forever. If you give a mouse a cookie

agree the judge has been had by the defence.totally weak and the defence are already spinning that they have found loads of important stuff.if a jury can be stupid enough to aquit anthony cause the defence blamed anyone but her this is exactly what will hap with murray if the judge allows it

Last edited:

The judge has allowed nothing yet. They are just looking

The judge has allowed nothing yet. They are just looking

.one thinkg leads to another.they shouldnt even be allowed to look cause all it will do is open the flood gates for the defence to then file motions saying we found this important info from june 21st we want to use it. the judge will then have to rule on that when he has already said hes only allowing footage from the previous 2 days. and no doubt the judge will feel inclined to allow the defence to use said footage as it would hamper murrays right to a fair trial .bottom line there would be no delay if the judge had stuck to his original ruling of 2 days previous and nothing more. if u are only allowing each side to use footage of the last 2 days there is no need for the defence to be even looking at footage from other days unless they are on a fishing exped. and no matter how many times the judge uses these comments hes having no problem allowing the defence to go on one in relation to these tapes

He has to let them look. If Murray is convicted it becomes and appellate issue. If Michael was not feeling well on June 21 perhaps it had something to with Murray's "treatment" Casey Anthony got off because the DA had no proof she murdered her daughter or what she died of or when she died. Here there is plenty of proof. Unless Murray is going to find another cause of death besides Propofol then he can have all of the footage of Michael looking unwell all he wants

But the issue is hes ruled that the defence can only enter evidence from the previous two days.so the pros is also questioning why is footage from the 15th approx being viewed when they cant enter any as evidence.so its a waste of time.one thing will lead to another

Jackson died on June 15, 2009, in his rented Beverly Hills mansion...

So, I don't suppose it was important enuf for the media to at least get the date Michael died correct. :(

most of the footage used is from 2 cameras - THE OTHER, TIM PATTERSON, AND ONE FROM SANDRINE ORABONA.

spy cam is generally a low quality camera put to one spot
line cut is a system that multiple camera input sources send what they record and you chose what to show (such as recording a live show with 4 cameras and the director sees what each camera is shooting and says go to camera 2 now go to camera 4)
widecam and wideshoot are the cameras that record the whole scene - they would be far away recording the whole stage.
overhead camera is the one that shoots from above / ceiling

Travis had one & KO also had one.

Ok, so say, hypothetically, Michael wasn't in the best health during his last days. That still doesn't explain WHAT killed him. Him being in bad health is not what killed him! Autopsy report proves that! So I don't know what the defense thinks this so called piece of "evidence" is going to prove. It's not going to prove that Murray didn't kill Michael. They still have to prove THAT above all else.

So my opinion? The condition of Michael's health during that time is irrelevant. I suppose it may slightly help just a bit but it proves absolutely nothing because his health isn't what killed him. I hope the jury realizes this.

The question they have to answer is: If Conrad Murray didn't killed Michael Jackson then who/what did? Meaning, if Murray didn't pump that drug into him (the drug which killed him, not his "bad" health), then who did? And if they really are going to say Michael did it himself well, then I definitely can't wait to hear this...

It may be that Murray wants to suggest that, MJ not being in a good health, frail, he couldn't sleep and rest properly, begging him to give him Propofol, plus other sedatives and in a desperate moment, when he "briefly" left the room to pick up a phone call, MJ injected himself with more Propofol, causing his own death. I doubt this will work, unless his defense attorney has a card up his sleeve we don't know yet.

It may be that Murray wants to suggest that, MJ not being in a good health, frail, he couldn't sleep and rest properly, begging him to give him Propofol, plus other sedatives and in a desperate moment, when he "briefly" left the room to pick up a phone call, MJ injected himself with more Propofol, causing his own death. I doubt this will work, unless his defense attorney has a card up his sleeve we don't know yet.

Murray has already said that MJ was sleep and he only left him for 2 minutes.. he is obviously lying.

Yes that's right, Murray said Michael finally fell asleep and he waited about 10 minutes to make sure then left the room for 2 minutes to go to the bathroom. Lying dog.

Yes that's right, Murray said Michael finally fell asleep and he waited about 10 minutes to make sure then left the room for 2 minutes to go to the bathroom. Lying dog.

Of course he's lying.. I still can't figure out what he was doing with all the other sedatives.. This man is a cardiologist for God's sake, he had to know the dangers of what he was doing.

I know you're in the medical field Victory22, Would a cardiologist know not to leave their patient alone under anesthesia?

Exactly. Michael injecting himself doesn't even sound plausible to me after knowing this. Ten minutes was enough to assure him that he was finally asleep. What are the odds of him waking up during that short time Murray was gone?

Of course Murray or any other trained physician would know better than to sedate a patient with Valium and Ativan every hour for almost 8 hours then pile two anesthesia drugs on top of it. Add walking away and abandoning the helpless unconscious patient and you have an intentional act of violence with the intent to do great bodily harm in my opinion. It’s hard to believe that a trained cardiologist with medical license in 4 states was that reckless, negligent and outright incompetent by accident. It looks like that is the case however. It’s disgusting.

It’s not my intent to be rude here but I am sick to death of the argument that if Murray had not given Michael Propofol he would have gotten it elsewhere and died as a result. The truth is that if Michael had a doctor who was WATCHING him and doing his damn job Michael would still be ALIVE and wouldn’t be dead at all. Propofol when used properly is a very safe drug and has not been proven definitively to be addictive. It is also not a drug of choice for drug addicts. Michael kicked his drug addiction years ago and was seeking SLEEP not recreational drugs or pain relief. Murray was incompetent and reckless. The thing that makes him an EVIL MONSTER is the fact that he waited possibly hours before calling for help when he knew Michael was in trouble. The thing that makes him a monster is calling Michael’s CHILD into the room to witness his dead dad’s body! All in a fake attempt to cover his crime!

Murray is guilty no matter what because it was a BIG part of his job not to leave Michael unattended until he woke up and was no longer sedated.

Murray is guilty no matter what because it was a BIG part of his job not to leave Michael unattended until he woke up and was no longer sedated.
I know Murray killed Michael Jackson.
I just intuitively believe there is a moneyed corporate tie-in (that includes e.g. Sony or AEG or Colony Capital)

lol @ how some are still making excuses for Murray u should be part of the defense with that boloney!

He also said MJ woke up when he left the room and injected himself with Propofol, which is a weak defense imo, as the autopsy report says the opposite.

It's clear MJ used Propofol as a sleeping aid. I doubt Murray will say MJ was using Propofol to get high. It would be stupid.

Thread cleaned.

No matter what a person wants to make their own personal opinion, the fact of the matter is, we have established facts. We don't have many of them, but we do have some. Therefore, if you want to make assumptions about things that go against the established facts, the case forum is not for you. Please discuss your ideas elsewhere.

I don't understand why people cannot understand why having to constantly refute the same people about the same things does not get frustrating, especially in this part of the forum where Michael's death weighs so heavy.

Sony wants subpoena for Jackson footage quashed
By ANTHONY McCARTNEY, AP Entertainment Writer
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Sony studios on Friday asked the judge hearing Michael Jackson's manslaughter trial to throw out a subpoena for footage of the singer's final rehearsals after a defense attorney said earlier this week that reviewing them was "a big waste of time."
Attorneys for Sony Pictures Entertainment, which has footage from the "This Is It" film depicting Jackson's last rehearsals, argue in a motion that neither prosecutors nor defense attorneys should be able to show the footage during the trial.
Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor is scheduled to consider the request on Monday, but canceled plans to review the outtakes over the weekend. In a ruling, he stated that he had watched some of the 16 hours that attorneys were considering presenting to jurors, but that he would not travel to Sony studios for additional viewings on Saturday and Sunday.
The studio based its motion on quotes defense attorney J. Michael Flanagan made after a hearing Wednesday in which he said the footage doesn't show the singer was in poor health in the days before he died. Flanagan represents Dr. Conrad Murray, who has pleaded not guilty to an involuntary manslaughter charge related to Jackson's death.
"We believe his health is somewhat compromised, but he's not displaying it," Flanagan told reporters, including The Associated Press. He added that he thought the footage was irrelevant to the trial.
"I really think it's a big waste of time," he said.
Sony seized on the statement in its motion, writing, "If the enterprise is a waste of time, the court has stated that it has little time to be wasted."
Flanagan did not immediately return a phone message Friday afternoon.
Defense attorneys had been hoping the unseen footage from "This Is It" would support their contention that Jackson was frail in the days before his June 25 death.
Prosecutors found the footage helpful to their case, and asked Pastor to allow them to use up to 12 hours of raw footage. Murray's team wanted to show up to four hours from the rehearsals.
Jury selection in Murray's trial is scheduled to begin on Sept. 8.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...JrtVRQ?docId=8abdc5f5c9d6407f9d0b43be9b7cd842

So basically murrays team are ticked off that they didnt find any footage of mj being "frail" ....am i right?

The conniving sneaky time wasting *****.... so now if sony get their way the prosecution won't be able to use the footage in mj's favour either? Could that have been the defense's real aim?

The conniving sneaky time wasting *****.... so now if sony get their way the prosecution won't be able to use the footage in mj's favour either? Could that have been the defense's real aim?

There is no delay of the trial. So the "time wasting" has no effect.

Back