NEW BOOK- Defending a king----by Dr. Karen Moriarty

Don't buy this book, she is a real ass. This is what she wrote about David Edwards, only because he didn't likeher book and suggest her some change for the 2nd edition.

A CALL FOR INFORMATION!
We are seeking anything & everything written--in any social media or other means of communication--by David Edwards (aka "sanemjfan") about me or my book, Defending A King ~ His Life & Legacy. Please send the information to me at defendingaking@gmail.com or to my attorney: William J. Harte, William J. Harte Ltd., 135 S. LaSalle, Ste. 2200, Chicago, IL 60602.

You will remain anonymous, upon your request. There will be a reward for the most helpful information.
David Edwards tried unsuccessfully to become my collaborator for the second edition of my book after publishing "...it is BY FAR the best MJ book I have ever read!" He used "bullying" tactics by posting on Amazon.com scurrilous reviews of the book that attack me personally. Edwards and several of his "friends" then wrote me to say that he wanted to become my collaborator to change the things in the book that he had criticized! Because his crude and arrogant manipulations to become affiliated with my book have failed, he is now reportedly attempting to organize MJ fans in a campaign against me and my book.

Anyone else who has been a victim of this cyber-bully is encouraged to contact me or William Harte as soon as possible and to provide us with their written information. We need to fight against defamation and character assassination -- together.

Thank you,
Karen Moriarty

More tomorrow....

https://www.facebook.com/karen.moriarty.10?fref=ts

Last edited:
You can read his amazon review

71 of 82 people found the following review helpful
2.0 out of 5 stars Well intentioned but poorly executed! Reinforces stereotype that MJ fans are poor researchers! April 10, 2012
By sanemjfan
Format:paperback|Amazon Verified Purchase
I had high hopes for Dr. Moriarty's book "Defending A King", based on reviews from different MJ fan sites and blogs, an endorsement from Tom Mesereau, and hearing her interview on Blog Talk Radio to promote the book. However, after finally completing this massive 500 page book, I am left with a feeling of immense incompleteness, as there is much to be desired from this well-intentioned but poorly research book. Let me explain:

The book started out great, with Dr. Moriarty speaking about her conversations with MJ's bodyguards from Vegas. There is a lot of great information that they gave, and it's a shame that they had a falling out with Dr. Moriarty and did not complete the book with her, as was the original intention. The knowledge that she received from MJ's attorney Tom Mesereau was valuable as well, as Dr. Moriarty gives fans an inside look at what is was like for MJ to experience that tortuous trial.

Unfortunately, the book falls apart quickly because Dr. Moriarty obviously isn't very knowledgeable about MJ, and she is a very poor researcher. Here are a few examples:

On page 226, she inadvertently regurgitates a March 2008 tabloid story written by Stacy Brown, who co-authored the 2004 piece of trash book "Man Behind The Mask" with MJ's former manager Bob Jones. The article, titled "Jacko Clan In A Deep Funk", was originally printed in the New York Post, and it purports to be an honest portrayal of the whereabouts and happenings of the Jackson family in 2008. It was reprinted in the "Michael Jackson Tribute - Exclusive Collector's Edition" book, and this is where Dr. Moriarty copied it almost word for word! The article states that Marlon Jackson was stocking shelves at a supermarket in San Diego, Tito was having to settle for small gigs that paid him several hundred dollars a show, and Randy was doing odd jobs like changing car tires to support himself! For Dr. Moriarty to reprint this garbage is utterly UNCONSCIONABLE! Dr. Moriarty should have tried to verify this information directly from the family so that they could have a chance confirm or deny the story (which they definitely would have denied!), and if she could not do so, then she should not have included this information! Period! If she was even remotely knowledgeable about MJ and the Jackson family, she would have INSTANTLY had recognized this as tabloid garbage! But because it was reprinted in an MJ book, she believed it hook, line, and sinker!

In her chapter "Michael Jackson's TSUNAMI: The Trial", which is a rather incomplete summary of the 2005 trial, Dr. Moriarty doesn't mention AT ALL the testimonies of Blanca and Jason Francia! They were the prosecution's witnesses who testified as "Prior Bad Acts" witnesses. Blanca was a former Neverland employee who sold a story saying that she saw MJ showering with young boys to Hard Copy for $20k dollars, and her son Jason was pressured by police to say that he had been improperly touched by MJ while playing tickling games. Blanca threatened to file a lawsuit against MJ in late 1994, and MJ reached a settlement of $2.4 million dollars with her to prevent her from filing the lawsuit and further sullying his image, especially with the HIStory album due to be released soon. Jason's testimony was so terrible that some of the jurors actually laughed at him during a court break! Blanca's testimony was obviously unconvincing, as the jury acquitted MJ of all charges, but NONE of their testimony was talked about in this chapter! Dr. Moriarty also did NOT explain how Blanca was able to legally extort the $2.4 million from MJ! (As I just did.) This is a COLOSSAL omission of important evidence that CANNOT be overlooked! Dr. Moriarty also left out a lot of the important aspects of the testimony of the Arvizo family, such as Gavin's lie that MJ told him that he should masturbate or else he'd have to rape a woman (Gavin initially told police that his Grandmother said that). There are so many other lies that she left out, and it makes you wonder did she even bother to read all of their testimony?

I also would have liked to have seen her show how Tom Sneddon completely rearranged the charges and alleged dates of the molestatioins in between the filing of the Initial Complaint in December 2003, and the Grand Jury Indictment in April 2004. If only she had been as detailed about the 2005 trial as she was about the Conrad Murray trial later on in the book!

There were numerous small errors that, in their totality, add up validate how sloppily this book is researched. For example, on numerous occasions throughout the book, Dr. Moriarty refers to MJ's 1993 settlement as "approximately $20 million dollars", when in fact it was $15,331,250 dollars! The settlement documents leaked in 2004, and if Dr. Moriarty had properly researched the settlement, instead of relying solely on inaccurate media reports, she would have known that!

On page 86, Dr. Moriarty incorrectly asserts that actor Marlon Brando had a cameo appearance in "Smooth Criminal", when in fact he appeared in "You Rock My World"! If you think that's not a big deal, then I guess it also would have been OK if she had said that Ola Ray starred in "In The Closet", and Naomi Campbell starred in "Thriller"!!

On a several occasions, Dr. Moriarty cites very questionable sources for her facts. For example, she cites Wikipedia, Topix, Radar Online, and TMZ! Once again, anyone even remotely familiar with research skills should know that you should NEVER cite Wikipedia, TMZ, or any other such tabloid sources! How can anyone take you seriously!

And she also cites several MJ fansites and blogs, such as michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com (page 228), mjj2005.com (page 267), and mjfanclub.net (numerous pages). It's very unprofessional for an author to cite fan sites and blogs of the celebrity that they are researching, even if the information is true. Instead of citing the actual site or blog, she should have cited the SOURCE DOCUMENTS that she was researching, such as the AEG contract and court transcripts!

Now, let me get into all of the information that is MISSING from this book! When you're truly knowledgeable about a subject, you can evaluate the quality of a book by looking for pertinent information that should be included but isn't!

Dr. Moriarty did NOT give a complete timeline and summary of the 1993 scandal, which you would think that "the definitive" book on MJ would include! She didn't mention how Jordan didn't admit to any wrongdoing by MJ until after he was cajoled by Evan after a dental procedure was performed on him, or that Evan didn't go to the police with his allegations, but instead took Jordan to see a psychiatrist so that the psychiatrist could report Jordan's claims, or how Evan hired then fired Gloria Allred after she refused to sue MJ instead of prosecuting him first, or how he sued Sony in 1996 for the right to record a "rebuttal album" to MJ's HIStory called "EVANstory", or how Evan was the ghostwriter for the book "All That Glitters", which was released by his brother Ray in September 2004!

Dr. Moriarty briefly mentioned the FBI's files on MJ, which were released in December 2009, but she did NOT mention how Jordan Chandler met with Ron Zonen on September 2004 and threatened legal action against Zonen if he was subpoenaed to testify against MJ, and how Jordan told him that he had "done his part"! That is one of the most significant pieces of exculpatory evidence that fans have against the Chandlers, yet it's completely missing from the book!

On page 487, Dr. Moriarty criticizes J. Randy Taraborrelli's "hastily written" 2009 rerelease of his book "The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story", yet she quoted from this book MULTIPLE times throughout her book! Why is that? Why would she cite a source multiple times and then criticize that same source?

There were other mistakes that I found, but this review is long enough as it is, and you get the point. I give Dr. Moriarty an 5 stars for effort, but a 2 stars for execution! These errors just cannot be swept under the rug, no matter how well intentioned the book is! It would be like me saying that VH1's 2004 movie "Man in the Mirror" is a good movie because VH1's heart was in the right place! The notion that this book should be assigned to college students who wish to learn about MJ is a joke, because it is poorly researched, devolves into a love letter at times, includes too much "copying and pasting" from MJ blogs and other books, leaves much to be desired.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of positive things to say about this book, and overall I would recommend it to new fans, but for knowledgeable fans such as myself, the book is severely flawed. I know that it may seem that I came down very hard on this book, but it's out of my dedication to MJ that the truth be told about him in an ACCURATE and PROFESSIONAL manner

http://www.amazon.com/Defending-Kin...d=1350776284&sr=8-1&keywords=defending+a+king

shelly_webster;3727245 said:
2.0 out of 5 stars Well intentioned but poorly executed! Reinforces stereotype that MJ fans are poor researchers! April 10, 2012
By sanemjfan

I had high hopes for Dr. Moriarty's book "Defending A King", based on reviews from different MJ fan sites and blogs, an endorsement from Tom Mesereau, and hearing her interview on Blog Talk Radio to promote the book. However, after finally completing this massive 500 page book, I am left with a feeling of immense incompleteness, as there is much to be desired from this well-intentioned but poorly research book. Let me explain:

The book started out great, with Dr. Moriarty speaking about her conversations with MJ's bodyguards from Vegas. There is a lot of great information that they gave, and it's a shame that they had a falling out with Dr. Moriarty and did not complete the book with her, as was the original intention. The knowledge that she received from MJ's attorney Tom Mesereau was valuable as well, as Dr. Moriarty gives fans an inside look at what is was like for MJ to experience that tortuous trial.

Unfortunately, the book falls apart quickly because Dr. Moriarty obviously isn't very knowledgeable about MJ, and she is a very poor researcher. Here are a few examples:

On page 226, she inadvertently regurgitates a March 2008 tabloid story written by Stacy Brown, who co-authored the 2004 piece of trash book "Man Behind The Mask" with MJ's former manager Bob Jones. The article, titled "Jacko Clan In A Deep Funk", was originally printed in the New York Post, and it purports to be an honest portrayal of the whereabouts and happenings of the Jackson family in 2008. It was reprinted in the "Michael Jackson Tribute - Exclusive Collector's Edition" book, and this is where Dr. Moriarty copied it almost word for word! The article states that Marlon Jackson was stocking shelves at a supermarket in San Diego, Tito was having to settle for small gigs that paid him several hundred dollars a show, and Randy was doing odd jobs like changing car tires to support himself! For Dr. Moriarty to reprint this garbage is utterly UNCONSCIONABLE! Dr. Moriarty should have tried to verify this information directly from the family so that they could have a chance confirm or deny the story (which they definitely would have denied!), and if she could not do so, then she should not have included this information! Period! If she was even remotely knowledgeable about MJ and the Jackson family, she would have INSTANTLY had recognized this as tabloid garbage! But because it was reprinted in an MJ book, she believed it hook, line, and sinker!

In her chapter "Michael Jackson's TSUNAMI: The Trial", which is a rather incomplete summary of the 2005 trial, Dr. Moriarty doesn't mention AT ALL the testimonies of Blanca and Jason Francia! They were the prosecution's witnesses who testified as "Prior Bad Acts" witnesses. Blanca was a former Neverland employee who sold a story saying that she saw MJ showering with young boys to Hard Copy for $20k dollars, and her son Jason was pressured by police to say that he had been improperly touched by MJ while playing tickling games. Blanca threatened to file a lawsuit against MJ in late 1994, and MJ reached a settlement of $2.4 million dollars with her to prevent her from filing the lawsuit and further sullying his image, especially with the HIStory album due to be released soon. Jason's testimony was so terrible that some of the jurors actually laughed at him during a court break! Blanca's testimony was obviously unconvincing, as the jury acquitted MJ of all charges, but NONE of their testimony was talked about in this chapter! Dr. Moriarty also did NOT explain how Blanca was able to legally extort the $2.4 million from MJ! (As I just did.) This is a COLOSSAL omission of important evidence that CANNOT be overlooked! Dr. Moriarty also left out a lot of the important aspects of the testimony of the Arvizo family, such as Gavin's lie that MJ told him that he should masturbate or else he'd have to rape a woman (Gavin initially told police that his Grandmother said that). There are so many other lies that she left out, and it makes you wonder did she even bother to read all of their testimony?

I also would have liked to have seen her show how Tom Sneddon completely rearranged the charges and alleged dates of the molestatioins in between the filing of the Initial Complaint in December 2003, and the Grand Jury Indictment in April 2004. If only she had been as detailed about the 2005 trial as she was about the Conrad Murray trial later on in the book!

There were numerous small errors that, in their totality, add up validate how sloppily this book is researched. For example, on numerous occasions throughout the book, Dr. Moriarty refers to MJ's 1993 settlement as "approximately $20 million dollars", when in fact it was $15,331,250 dollars! The settlement documents leaked in 2004, and if Dr. Moriarty had properly researched the settlement, instead of relying solely on inaccurate media reports, she would have known that!

On page 86, Dr. Moriarty incorrectly asserts that actor Marlon Brando had a cameo appearance in "Smooth Criminal", when in fact he appeared in "You Rock My World"! If you think that's not a big deal, then I guess it also would have been OK if she had said that Ola Ray starred in "In The Closet", and Naomi Campbell starred in "Thriller"!!

On a several occasions, Dr. Moriarty cites very questionable sources for her facts. For example, she cites Wikipedia, Topix, Radar Online, and TMZ! Once again, anyone even remotely familiar with research skills should know that you should NEVER cite Wikipedia, TMZ, or any other such tabloid sources! How can anyone take you seriously!

And she also cites several MJ fansites and blogs, such as michaeljacksonhoaxforum.com (page 228), mjj2005.com (page 267), and mjfanclub.net (numerous pages). It's very unprofessional for an author to cite fan sites and blogs of the celebrity that they are researching, even if the information is true. Instead of citing the actual site or blog, she should have cited the SOURCE DOCUMENTS that she was researching, such as the AEG contract and court transcripts!

Now, let me get into all of the information that is MISSING from this book! When you're truly knowledgeable about a subject, you can evaluate the quality of a book by looking for pertinent information that should be included but isn't!

Dr. Moriarty did NOT give a complete timeline and summary of the 1993 scandal, which you would think that "the definitive" book on MJ would include! She didn't mention how Jordan didn't admit to any wrongdoing by MJ until after he was cajoled by Evan after a dental procedure was performed on him, or that Evan didn't go to the police with his allegations, but instead took Jordan to see a psychiatrist so that the psychiatrist could report Jordan's claims, or how Evan hired then fired Gloria Allred after she refused to sue MJ instead of prosecuting him first, or how he sued Sony in 1996 for the right to record a "rebuttal album" to MJ's HIStory called "EVANstory", or how Evan was the ghostwriter for the book "All That Glitters", which was released by his brother Ray in September 2004!

Dr. Moriarty briefly mentioned the FBI's files on MJ, which were released in December 2009, but she did NOT mention how Jordan Chandler met with Ron Zonen on September 2004 and threatened legal action against Zonen if he was subpoenaed to testify against MJ, and how Jordan told him that he had "done his part"! That is one of the most significant pieces of exculpatory evidence that fans have against the Chandlers, yet it's completely missing from the book!

On page 487, Dr. Moriarty criticizes J. Randy Taraborrelli's "hastily written" 2009 rerelease of his book "The Magic, The Madness, The Whole Story", yet she quoted from this book MULTIPLE times throughout her book! Why is that? Why would she cite a source multiple times and then criticize that same source?

There were other mistakes that I found, but this review is long enough as it is, and you get the point. I give Dr. Moriarty an 5 stars for effort, but a 2 stars for execution! These errors just cannot be swept under the rug, no matter how well intentioned the book is! It would be like me saying that VH1's 2004 movie "Man in the Mirror" is a good movie because VH1's heart was in the right place! The notion that this book should be assigned to college students who wish to learn about MJ is a joke, because it is poorly researched, devolves into a love letter at times, includes too much "copying and pasting" from MJ blogs and other books, leaves much to be desired.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of positive things to say about this book, and overall I would recommend it to new fans, but for knowledgeable fans such as myself, the book is severely flawed. I know that it may seem that I came down very hard on this book, but it's out of my dedication to MJ that the truth be told about him in an ACCURATE and PROFESSIONAL manner

http://www.amazon.com/Defending-Kin...d=1350776284&sr=8-1&keywords=defending+a+king

shelly_webster;3727237 said:
A CALL FOR INFORMATION!
We are seeking anything & everything written--in any social media or other means of communication--by David Edwards (aka "sanemjfan") about me or my book, Defending A King ~ His Life & Legacy. Please send the information to me at defendingaking@gmail.com or to my attorney: William J. Harte, William J. Harte Ltd., 135 S. LaSalle, Ste. 2200, Chicago, IL 60602.

You will remain anonymous, upon your request. There will be a reward for the most helpful information.
David Edwards tried unsuccessfully to become my collaborator for the second edition of my book after publishing "...it is BY FAR the best MJ book I have ever read!" He used "bullying" tactics by posting on Amazon.com scurrilous reviews of the book that attack me personally. Edwards and several of his "friends" then wrote me to say that he wanted to become my collaborator to change the things in the book that he had criticized! Because his crude and arrogant manipulations to become affiliated with my book have failed, he is now reportedly attempting to organize MJ fans in a campaign against me and my book.

Anyone else who has been a victim of this cyber-bully is encouraged to contact me or William Harte as soon as possible and to provide us with their written information. We need to fight against defamation and character assassination -- together.

Thank you,
Karen Moriarty
https://www.facebook.com/karen.moriarty.10?fref=ts

David Edwards has done a really good job.

I’m rather surprised by the reaction of Karen Moriarty who, probably really vexed because what he says is so true, is trying to attack his criticism/suggestions in an irrational way. Thus she definitely loses the opportunity to make a better book for the 2nd edition.

Anyway, as D. Edwards said at the end, this book is recommendable for new fans, it was exactly what I thought reading her book. The author herself is a new fan as she admits herself. She definitely lacks general knowledge about Michael, she doesn’t know the details that are so important to know the truth regarding Michael.

Due to her lack of knowledge and her incomplete and questionable way in research, her book is disappointing for us old fans, except the parts where she collected information from the bodyguards of Las Vegas. It would have been better if she had been their ghost writer, as it was their original intention. (But I understand she didn’t want to be in the end because of their disagreement regarding Murray. I don’t blame her, because she is probably right. Yet I find regrettable that the project of a witness book by MJ’s bodyguards has been lost.)

I finished this book a couple of days ago and posted my review on amazon too.

I completely agree with Sanemjfan. Allthough this is a very positive book about Michael Jackson, and I was really looking forward to reading this, I have to say that I’m a bit disappointed by the lack of research the author did.

Yes, the little tidbits MJ’s bodyguards shared with her are a fun read and great to know for a Michael Jackson fan but overall I didn’t learn anything new about the man.

What really bothered me were the different tabloids, fan boards, blogs and other books she quoted and presented as facts (Honestly, I read ‘according to biographer J. Randy Taraborrelli’ one too many times and when did TMZ become a legit source?).
As someone who has researched the 1993 case, the 2005 trial, the Murray trial and everyting else about MJ’s life, a lot of information in this book is not quite accurate. She comes closes though, but lots of time she drops the ball and missed a great opportunity to document the mere facts.

For instance she writes about the AEG contract but instead of quoting from the contract itself, she chooses to quote a fan’s opinion on a forum. That’s not a fact and someone else’s opinion doesn’t belong in her book.

Same goes for Murray and her information about who hired him. If the author had followed the Murray trial, she knew the real answer to that but again she decides to quote from a forum post which I can only believe was written before the information during the trial became available.

Her research on the 2005 trial is very poor to say the least. Again, she could have used the trial transcripts, which are available for everyone. But again she quotes from fan sites and forums.

Then there are the ‘little’ mistakes she makes like writing Marlon Brando played a character in the Smooth Criminal short film.

I feel this book could have been half its size seeing that the author repeats herself a lot. Example: every time Diana Ross is mentioned, it is followed by how much MJ respected and loved her from an early age. Don’t get me wrong, it is worth mentioning to get the full story but it’s not necessary to repeat it throughout the whole book. Her writing style is at times too elaborate and not to the point, so sometimes she looses me with all her background information and her views of the situation.

A good read, but there are other books about MJ available that are an awesome read. If you want to learn about the man, go find one of these.

WOW! That fan review was awesome and she shouldn't gotten so mad or try to sue for this fan right to their opinion. Especially, if they paid to read her book. I was interested in this book. But, since it lacks real hard facts, use tabloid sources and repeats everything I already know, then no point in buying it now. Even though she meant well, the original idea of the book would have been better. But, given her attitude I see why now it probably fell apart in the first place. Just like how the body guards defense of Murray didn't help the situation either.

Last edited:
Omg so she wants to sue a fan just cuz that fan was stating thier opinion bout her book that is so arrogant

She's annoyed because a fan is better informed than she. She should had taken on his offer to become a collaborator but seems she wanted some fantasy instead of more facts.

who's better to write a book about michael, the people that new him best out side of his family would be his FANS. reading that review i was ready to turn the page. i know a book from the fans might be a LITTLE BIAS, but who isn't

Great reviews^^. I had no intention of buying that book anyway. It is a pity that so many sloppy writers are getting the opportunity to publish. One day we will have to sit down with all the source documents and write a bible on the allegations.

it's nice that finally there are some positive books also...but the fans already know Michael, they don't really need to "discover" anything, they are sure Michael was a great father, a sweet human being and a wonderful artist:)

^^I see what you mean but Michael's story has more than him being a wonderful artist, good father and human being. Due to certain people--the media, those who are influenced by the media, and people who have allowed greed, envy, and hate to take over their lives, Michael's story became even more complex and needs to be told with accuracy not only to fans but to the general public, since it is the general public that spews the hate and misinformation about him.

For all Post 09 books, it is best to look at the source/author very carefully before thinking of buying.

Karen Moriarty

FREE Ebook!

Defending A King ~ His Life & Legacy by Dr. Karen Moriarty will be available for download as a free Amazon Kindle* ebook on Thursday, December 27th, for one day only at www.defendingaking.com. This Readers Favorite 5-star book about Michael Jackson is a gift to the fans and to the world … to advance Michael’s legacy.

Now in its 2nd edition, it has been called “the best recent book about MJ” and “appropriate for readers of all ages.” The book is also NOW available as a paperback and in other ebook formats after December 27th.

Like us on Facebook: Defending A King ~ His Life & Legacy.

*Free ebook is compatible with Kindle e-readers and Kindle apps on various mobile devices.

This Readers Favorite 5-star book about Michael Jackson is a gift to the fans and to the world … to advance Michael’s legacy.

I don't think Michael's legacy needs to be 'advanced', Mrs. Moriarty. Kind of arrogant.
I'm also counting the number of Michael's former associates that she threatened to sue. 3 or 4 people? That's a gift to the world alright.

^^Haaa. Everyone wants to give the fans gifts. We are very lucky.........

I noticed a person who goes to the Amazon pages of other MJ books (not just bad MJ books but also books like Lisa Campbell's), rate them one star and the comment: "Buy Karen Moriarty's book instead, that's the good one".
This person never reviewed anything else, the only thing he/she does to rate other MJ books one or two star while promoting Moriarty's (and also Frank Cascio's sometimes - but the common theme in ALL the reviews is the promotion of Moriarty's book).

Here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member...e=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview#RRAI8408904H0

Make of it what you want...

Just a reminder...the Kindle version of this book is free today - 12/27 - only (controversies aside...I just read through this thread).

lidwinee;3749732 said:
Karen Moriarty

FREE Ebook!

Defending A King ~ His Life & Legacy by Dr. Karen Moriarty will be available for download as a free Amazon Kindle* ebook on Thursday, December 27th, for one day only at www.defendingaking.com. This Readers Favorite 5-star book about Michael Jackson is a gift to the fans and to the world … to advance Michael’s legacy.

Now in its 2nd edition, it has been called “the best recent book about MJ” and “appropriate for readers of all ages.” The book is also NOW available as a paperback and in other ebook formats after December 27th.

Like us on Facebook: Defending A King ~ His Life & Legacy.

*Free ebook is compatible with Kindle e-readers and Kindle apps on various mobile devices.

I noticed a person who goes to the Amazon pages of other MJ books (not just bad MJ books but also books like Lisa Campbell's), rate them one star and the comment: "Buy Karen Moriarty's book instead, that's the good one".
This person never reviewed anything else, the only thing he/she does to rate other MJ books one or two star while promoting Moriarty's (and also Frank Cascio's sometimes - but the common theme in ALL the reviews is the promotion of Moriarty's book).

Here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/cdp/member...e=UTF8&sort_by=MostRecentReview#RRAI8408904H0

Make of it what you want...

I literally rolled off the couch laughing when I read "the author is not a psychiatrist or psychologist". :rofl:
That's rich.

Guys, if I may, I have the book, and I have read it, and it's a beautiful and respectful portrayal of Michael. I advise getting it, I think you'll all enjoy it!

missharley;3756894 said:
Guys, if I may, I have the book, and I have read it, and it's a beautiful and respectful portrayal of Michael. I advise getting it, I think you'll all enjoy it!

I already know that Michael was a beautiful man and don´t have to read about it.
He said and sang "Heal the world" and that´s what I´m trying to help him with.
It can be quite expensive.

I wonder if some profits from this book go to charities ,but I guess not.

I think there will be many, many, many more books to come. Michael has achieved immortally - and will be, like Mozart, Michaelangelo, or other geniuses of all time be written about and talked about. That's a fact. There will come a time, when not many who knew him in his lifetime are left. Yes, his music, and his work are his legacy and speak for themselves- but saying we do not need GOOD book about him is like saying all the books ever written about Beethoven, VanGogh, etc are all bad because their work speaks for itself.
I think, part of what we can do is to help separate the trash from the well written ones that can give future generations more insight than they can get from Michael's work alone.
I did get the Moriarty book free. When I do not know the author, I am hesitant to throw money their way (and isn't it wonderful there are other ways to review books in our electronic world now...hehe)- BUT if I get the chance to read something and find out where that author stands, and it's free, I respect that. In that, I think it was a cool gesture for her to make it available. I will say more when I have the chance to read.

Yep. Go to Amazon, click on KM's book, & read "The most helpful critical review." It's long but it's good. KM does not sound like a very ethical person.

I don't think Michael's legacy needs to be 'advanced', Mrs. Moriarty. Kind of arrogant.
I'm also counting the number of Michael's former associates that she threatened to sue. 3 or 4 people? That's a gift to the world alright.

Yep. Go to Amazon, click on KM's book, & read "The most helpful critical review." It's long but it's good. KM does not sound like a very ethical person.

Back