**New Date**'This Is It' Movie - released 28th Oct (topics merged)

First, I doubt tickets will be more than for any other movie. It's not often documentaries or things of that nature make it to theaters.

This makes perfect sense to me.

They'll have it in theaters for a couple weeks and maybe on DVD by Christmas.[/quote]

I sure do hope that's the plan.:angel:

Now we just gotta wait to know which cities it'll be shown in.

I agree Superstition. I am wondering if these will be sold online or if we will be abel to go to the theater to buy them. I am going to try to get the first show and if the theaters are seling them I will go directly there

First, I doubt tickets will be more than for any other movie. It's not often documentaries or things of that nature make it to theaters.

This makes perfect sense to me.

They'll have it in theaters for a couple weeks and maybe on DVD by Christmas.

Thats what I am thinking. They will want to put it on dvd in time for the holidays

I was thinking this as well. It'll go nicely with the Opus book which is supposed to be released in December, too.

Let's hope our suspicions are right. *fingers crossed*

Altho I can think of a better Christmas wish, which has no chance of happening, this one will have to do.

WTH??? 2 weeks :doh:
why not just let it run it's course like any other film?

Scared it will shut out ALL the other movies and keep Hollyweird from makin' any money for weeks on end:tease:
I would LUV to see it on the big screen, but not if I have to fight to get the tickets, then fight to get a good seat, AND strain to hear over people clownin' in the theater. My plan was to go once on opening weekend to be in the fan atmosphere, then to a matinee during the week to catch anything I'd probably miss the first time, but I guess I'll just wait for the DVD :(

That sucks lemon & lime!

The filmmakers initially intended to include some 3-D footage but have dropped that plan. The film will show Jackson working with singers, dancers, musicians, choreographers and special-effects experts, Ortega said.
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iANuIHqB437yCLYq33uK-DRoQqXAD9A6U26O1

It's beginnin' to sound like the full dress rehearsal "CONCERT" part of the footage is not gonna be a part of this. Without that, it truly will be just a documentary on "the making of" This Is It and they need to make that clear, IF that's the case, coz a lot of folks are gonna be lookin' forward to more music and dancing.
:smilerolleyes:
Probably savin' that for a pay-per-view event and maybe later that will go to DVD as well.

Mo'money, Mo'money.

These better be normal priced cinema tickets or i'll be pissed, i'll still buy them no matter what the cost but i wont be happy about it.

WHY can't they run it like a normal movie!?!!
Its REALLY annoying me!!

WHY do we have 2 (maybe) buy tickets online?!!
WHY is it a limited 2 week run?!!

MANY fans are gonna miss out!

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iANuIHqB437yCLYq33uK-DRoQqXAD9A6U26O1

It's beginnin' to sound like the full dress rehearsal "CONCERT" part of the footage is not gonna be a part of this. Without that, it truly will be just a documentary on "the making of" This Is It and they need to make that clear, IF that's the case, coz a lot of folks are gonna be lookin' forward to more music and dancing.
:smilerolleyes:
Probably savin' that for a pay-per-view event and maybe later that will go to DVD as well.

Mo'money, Mo'money.

Yeah, that's what it's starting to sound like alright....

WHY can't they run it like a normal movie!?!!
Its REALLY annoying me!!

WHY do we have 2 (maybe) buy tickets online?!!
WHY is it a limited 2 week run?!!

MANY fans are gonna miss out!

yeah weird....I wonder if it'll be in most cinemas or just a few?

I hope they release it on Blu-ray. - Much better sound there, and better picture too.

Can't wait to see this.

Hopefully we get to see a lot of performances. Billie Jean would be nice to see.

I think its highly likely it will be released on DVD, everything else has! Plus, anything to make money aswell *rollseyes* Also, the fact its only in cinemas for 2 weeks, so everyone will rush to see it at cinema, but if they dont get chance everyone will rush to buy DVD plus fans, so they will make a huge cash in unfortunatly! :L

I hope they will release TII in a boxset of all Mike's tour as they wanted before... I still hope for Bad Tour 88-89 release =(

.... I bet you these tickets will be bought through Ticketmaster. I wouldn't put it past them :rolleyes:

Guys guys guys....don't jump to conclusions just yet. Sony will not screw this up, since they stand to earn huge amounts of money from it. Here are a few points to consider:

1) Ticket sales should be available both ONLINE (cinema website) and right at the theater. So for people who cannot order online, they most likely will just have to drive to the theater, go to the front concession stand and buy their tickets. This is going to be done over a 2-3 week period so you will have lots of time to get your tickets. However the earlier the better since there might be a line up in some regions!

2) Sony will most likely push the 2 week viewing back another week so THIS IS IT will be in theaters for 3 weeks. They are just saying 2 weeks to create a mad rush and huge first week sales. Only if the demand is there of course. So the chance that fans won't be able to get tickets is not likely. So relax, you will see it!

3) If for some reason you miss the theatrical viewing then you can get the DVD which I guarantee will be out in either the last week of November or first two weeks of December. This is the time period I imagine the CD will come out as well, unless Sony plans to get it out in the last week of Oct to coincide with the movie.

So don't worry guys, Sony has chosen a different route but they have their reasons for this. I think it will still be a success and we just have to be happy that we have the opportunity to see Michael in the cinema! And remember we DO NOT know all the plans yet, or the exact content of the film. I guarantee they will have lots of Michael performing as that is what people want to see. So wait and see and I have a feeling we won't be disappointed.

Guys guys guys....don't jump to conclusions just yet. Sony will not screw this up, since they stand to earn huge amounts of money from it. Here are a few points to consider:

1) Ticket sales should be available both ONLINE (cinema website) and right at the theater. So for people who cannot order online, they most likely will just have to drive to the theater, go to the front concession stand and buy their tickets. This is going to be done over a 2-3 week period so you will have lots of time to get your tickets. However the earlier the better since there might be a line up in some regions!

2) Sony will most likely push the 2 week viewing back another week so THIS IS IT will be in theaters for 3 weeks. They are just saying 2 weeks to create a mad rush and huge first week sales. Only if the demand is there of course. So the chance that fans won't be able to get tickets is not likely. So relax, you will see it!

3) If for some reason you miss the theatrical viewing then you can get the DVD which I guarantee will be out in either the last week of November or first two weeks of December. This is the time period I imagine the CD will come out as well, unless Sony plans to get it out in the last week of Oct to coincide with the movie.

So don't worry guys, Sony has chosen a different route but they have their reasons for this. I think it will still be a success and we just have to be happy that we have the opportunity to see Michael in the cinema! And remember we DO NOT know all the plans yet, or the exact content of the film. I guarantee they will have lots of Michael performing as that is what people want to see. So wait and see and I have a feeling we won't be disappointed.

I think you are very right.

^^^ #3 is my problem, right there! the reason why I'm furious. This Is It film is my closest-biggest MJ experience and I cannot afford to miss it. The closest to seeing Mike live so I really have to see it on the big screen.

im still terribly ill due to all this, and this only makes it worse.

Im beginning to think the Movie wont contain as many actual performances as we'd like it to. Its sounding more like a "Making of TII" movie showing behind the scenes stuff and how it was being prepared.

Im beginning to think the Movie wont contain as many actual performances as we'd like it to. Its sounding more like a "Making of TII" movie showing behind the scenes stuff and how it was being prepared.

I hope it's not like this, but if it is I will still see it. But I really want to see the concert, the whole thing, all of the performances in full. They better put it on the dvd!

No matter what the movie contains, I bet the DVD release will contain more footage.

I'd rather see the performance in the cinema and the making of TII on DVD but I do think its the other way around, I'd watch it still.

Back