**New Date**'This Is It' Movie - released 28th Oct (topics merged)

Re: This Is It - In cinemas October 30th

I just have to tell you, Naad, that I LOVE your picture signatures, especially the first one. Michael is/was so sexy!

yeah he was :) and thank you!

:clapping: :D

It will be hard to watch, for sure... but I think we should be thankful its getting an official release..... Otherwise it could have been locked away in a vault for all eternity and I think a LOT of Michael's fans would have wanted to at least see some of what would have been

It's a hard one - I can understand both sides of the fence

i'm sorry, but i hate this. i hate that sony is behind this, michael hated sony. i pray to god that the money goes to michael's estate. this all seems so planned and it breaks my heart.

I know I'll be so emotional when watching this.
But, this is something that will make history, along with the many other events that Michael has done.

I know I'll be there to be apart of this.

And I can't wait for the day, when I have a copy of this on Blu-Ray.
All official!

Michael Jackson is one of the greatest entertainers who ever graced a stage.

It will also show Michael as one of the greatest entertainers in the world and one of the industry's most creative minds.

Michael Jackson, one of the most widely beloved entertainers and profoundly influential artists of all-time, leaves an indelible imprint on popular music and culture.
Can't they just admit he is the greatest and take away "one of the"? silly

I just hope when i will see the firm:) But why sony???

He's still signed to Sony isnt he? so I guess it was logical that they handle the film and the soundtrack

Gives me chills

This is very Positive!!!! dont try to make a whole negative thing out of this, it will be WONDERFUL as everything MJ, he was a master, it will be awesome.:clapping::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

The one and only, THE GREATEST ENTERTAINER OF ALL TIME: MICHAEL JACKSON

I wonder if this is gonna be playing at all cinemas or just at certain locations?

I find it hard to get really excited about this. Michael is a perfectionist and would never have wanted it released. Lets face it, it was his 'This Is It' REHEARSALS, MJ will be going through the motions, similar to the Dangerous rehearsals and the footage of 'They Don't Care About Us' which was already released.

What remains unclear is the form the film will take: Will it be pure performance from Jackson, or is there final interview footage? Will it include only the most polished rehearsals, or will audiences see aspects of the show in incomplete form?
And how will the film address his death? A chronological approach, building to his last night of rehearsal — or will it skirt his death entirely?
It's also unclear what the public's appetite will be.

I don't worry so much about this, if it's gonna be in the cinemas it has to be good. Who knows how it's going to be arranged, we just gotta wait and see. We still got 2 months to go.

I can't wait until it comes out,I will be there the first day

I never cry at the movies but I will be this time... :sad:

I'm really excited but at the same time I don't know how I'll react once I see it.

I find it hard to get really excited about this. Michael is a perfectionist and would never have wanted it released. Lets face it, it was his 'This Is It' REHEARSALS, MJ will be going through the motions, similar to the Dangerous rehearsals and the footage of 'They Don't Care About Us' which was already released.

I think thats a big reason why it will be in the form of a film.......rather than just played as a concert.

I really want to see it when it hits theaters. When the time comes, I can wear "I Love MJ" t-shirt, a glove and I can use my Naruto's headband as an armband. I'm pretty sure it will be box office hit for a month or 2 after it hits, it can also help pay off Michael's debt and help support his family. I wanted to see it, not cause I was a big fan, but I also wanted to help the family for a good cause.

I have conflicting feelings about this being released in theatres.

Of course, it's a money-making scheme first and foremost. They're going to promote the SHIT out of this thing. A celebrity's death is automatically the #1 cash-making route.

At the same time though, I'm glad it'll be in theatres because people WILL flock to see it. Even those that weren't huge MJ fans are most likely going to check it out. I WANT people to see what this guy did, what he was capable of. What THEY missed out on while he was alive. It's sort of the smell of victory that will linger in the air, and I like that. Mike will have the last word.

Last edited:

At the same time though, I'm glad it'll be in theatres because people WILL flock to see it. Even those that weren't huge MJ fans are most likely going to check it out. I WANT people to see what this guy did, what he was capable of. What THEY missed out on while he was alive. It's sort of an air of victory that will linger in the air, and I like that. Mike will have the last word.

Exactly! :yes::yes:

I guess I just have to wait again for something I truly look forward to.

It gives us a real gift to look forward to :) I'm gonna love it no doubt!

i can't wait for the trailer and the setlist of songs in the film.

Will we see 2 DVD releases in the future, or like a Movie DVD and an more expensive one which also contains the whole (or whatever they have) of the concert clipped together as one whole show?

Back