New MJ content (Possibility)

They only thing about History Tour I am interested is are the rehearsals, where hopefully Michael sang live.

Any release of a History Tour concert is a massive PR disaster, in my opinion, which is the last thing Michael needs. The biased critics and media will have a field day ripping Michael apart for his excessive lip-syncing. I hope the Estate aren't stupid enough to release a History Tour concert, but they probably are, sadly.

this estate is absolutely clueless.

why can't they just release new music....

HIStory Tour Prague is literally the only show from that series of performances that I'd want to see. Kind of underwhelming that this is all we may receive for the 50th Anniversary though

I would be interested in a HIStory tour documentary. I donÂ’t want to see a concert release though.

It's just surprising they chose Prague to showcase. I would have expected Munich. If they release a History Doc/package Prague or an edited History show I can live with that. Just not Munich please. I always assumed Prague wasn't shot in HD. Would be interesting to know for sure.

did they say best song of history tour was man in the mirror?!

I know the problems with the history tour. But visually and also sometimes concerning the sound(minus playback) it is very cool. Also the Sci fi lighting and the shiny costumes during the TDCAU section (which I know from snippets) is worth it alone. In no other recording of the tour that I know of it was captured that good.

LetÂ’s not forget, weÂ’ve had some people say a concert is only part of the release.

greatestartists said:
For various reasons we can't leave audio up for long. When and if we are able to obtain other snippets they will be shared briefly.

I just want to point out HOW much bullshit hype this account has created even though it is not remotely run by someone with any kind of knowledge.

They posted a vid of a supposed rework of We've Had Enough, but people quickly found the original version posted on YouTube and they deleted the tweet.

If there is no hint or announcement of a new release today can we please put an end to the rumours from all these Twitter accounts?

If they do release a History concert I really hope they add A LOT of rehearsal footage as bonus.

Rehearsal footage would be much more interesting that a History concert to be honest...

But - I do like the sound of 4K - and hopefully the best sound 2021 can provide. (is that DOLBY ATMOS??)

If they do release a History concert I really hope they add A LOT of rehearsal footage as bonus.

Rehearsal footage would be much more interesting that a History concert to be honest...

But - I do like the sound of 4K - and hopefully the best sound 2021 can provide. (is that DOLBY ATMOS??)

Where does it state that theyÂ’ll release a 4K version? Was the show shot on film and recorded on multitracks?

They're not releasing a HIStory tour concert. Branca on record saying they wouldnt because it doesn't show MJ in the best light.

He did however state that they'd look to use some of the tour footage in other ways...

Hopefully they're showing this as part of a HIStory 25 documentary, rather than a release.

Is there any confirmation of further announcements today?

idk but a lot of people came to the celebration, more than usual. (i'm talking about michael's family and the people he worked with) we shall see

Wait, has Prague actually been confirmed now or is it still rumours?

I don't think it has been confirmed. They just showed footage from the concert at the event. I hope someone who was there can tell about the quality. I'm not completely against HIStory Tour release but they really should release a better concert first.

Nothing has been confirmed yet.

Footage from the first History concert was shown at the MJ One - but no more info than that.

I am pretty certain if there is official releases for History tour Prague( which I really hope as I was there) Michael even told us that this was going to come out along with HIStory making of!
Plus I am sure they will want to piggy back if there are more projects, but all will be announced tomorrow.
More may come out later today.

This makes me think more than ever though that the 50 year celebration will get announced soon.

Wait, has Prague actually been confirmed now or is it still rumours?

It was just shown as a little pre- birthday treat to the fans at MJ One. Nothing is said for release or anything, well at least not yet maybe.

I don't think it has been confirmed. They just showed footage from the concert at the event. I hope someone who was there can tell about the quality. I'm not completely against HIStory Tour release but they really should release a better concert first.

The person in the Facebook live video was describing the video quality as remastered and in 4k/HD.

Did someone record? lol

Sadly no, the estate archivist told people to turn off their phones, I'm assuming at least one person did film it. I'm trying to find the footage of it.

You will certainly not have shown the video in vain to withhold it from the fans

They're not releasing a HIStory tour concert. Branca on record saying they wouldnt because it doesn't show MJ in the best light.

He did however state that they'd look to use some of the tour footage in other ways...

Yeah, his comments pretty much ruled out a release. Hopefully it is just footage that they've remastered for use in a documentary or something.

I doubt they would remaster footage only to show snippets... i bet they even wanna show this in cinemas..

Back