New Official "Say Say Say" Remix Coming October 2015

^ Because it does sound like Michael lol!! I know you can easily say no.. I have my own belief about the songs and NO I don't think it's at least ALL Michael but for someone to say at the very least if its not at all Michael that the person that recorded those tracks did not do a good job is fooling themselves in my opinion. There has never been a vocal impersonator to have the fan community split like this before... That says something!

And this is coming from someone that believes the Cascio tracks are shady!
^Well, personally I don't think he does a good job, because I never thought I was listening to Michael. But I see your point. Well, the truth is that not everybody can recognize Michael's voice. The proof for that is obvious: there are always fans who fall for fake tracks on YouTube or Soundcloud. Someone posts a track by Jean Walker or Marcus Joseph Williams claiming it's Michael and you will see people convinced it is. I've seen people on the board here who, while the debate over the Cascio tracks was raging on, did this on purpose to prove the point that some people cannot tell Michael's voice apart from that of an impersonator. When Malachi first made waves on the fan boards in 2007 there were also people who thought it was MJ.

Still, I think the majority of fans recognize when something is off. Most don't fall for the YouTube and Soundcloud fakes. I think the big difference with the Cascio tracks is that they are 'official'. Remember the first reactions people had to Breaking News? The thread must still be up somewhere here. Almost everybody felt something was wrong. People did hear it. But then, after the Estate released their statement backing up those songs a few days later, you suddenly saw a big shift: now many people could suddenly 'hear MJ'. I truly think that because of a combination of things (the Estate saying they are genuine, the improbability of fake tracks being released, the fact that these tracks contain copy/pasted samples of genuine Michael screams, vocal ticks and breaths to fool people, the improbability that Eddie Cascio would do something like this, the desire to enjoy a new album without controversy) many people set their initial impressions aside. At the same time, as time went on, many people have come back around. As zero evidence in favour of those tracks being genuine was ever shown, the 9 other songs leaked, and doubting fans continued to try to show why the tracks were fake and poked holes in the contradicting reasons given for why the voice sounded weird, more and more people have returned to their original position on these songs: that they are fake.

Edit: respect77 basically said everything I wanted to say in less than half of the amount of words. Lol.

^ agree with the fact on an official release does 'aid' the it is MJ case... but like you said fans (legitimate life long fans) thinking it's him still does say alot.. Never before did this happen that way.. And there has been a good handfull of 'sound-alikes' through the years.

I'll say this though I full heartedly do not believe that the Estate would ever (knowingly) put non MJ songs on an official release and try passing it as MJ... whatever was/wasn't MJ I do not believe the estate believed that those vocals were not Michael at the time of the release at the very lease..

I don't think from a legal standpoint they would have taken a chance like that.... It's possible now they know/believe its not Michael and know there would be legal actions taken IF it was proven it was not MJ.. protecting there @$$es. but at the time of release I heavily believe they were not told by the Frank Cascio anything but "here are songs Michael were working on....

Christ almighty - people missing the point!! No one is suggesting that McCartney brought in an impersonator. Comparing Breaking news with the First verse? Your missing the point - Listen to Keep your head up and the first verse of the Say Say Say demo - There are definite similarities. In my opinion is just brings an interesting comparison. Is it a case that MJ sounds like this without the rigorous warm ups that we know he did before recording? Its definitely MJ on the say say say demo - no one is disputing that and if they are - they are crazy. But he definitely sounds more like the disputed vocals on the Michael Album more notably Keep You Head Up and Monster. Breaking News? Don't know who that is. By the way - my wife is a trained vocal coach and daughter is a professional Music teacher who has been called a prodigy by her peers - Played the tracks for them and guess what ?? You wont like the answer.

Hit the nail on the head. I know for a fact it is MJ on the remix. I just noticed how similar the voices were between the tracks. If you go back and read my first comment, I call the voices "similar" not "exact." People just took that and ran with it.

Comparing Breaking news with the First verse? Your missing the point - Listen to Keep your head up and the first verse of the Say Say Say demo - There are definite similarities.
Like I said, it was a random choice. Here:

Same point, I hear two distinctly different singers... One very inferior to the other. It's the opposite for the Cascio-Malachi comparisons (there it's just one and the same inferior singer.. lol). Some fans put together comparisons in such a way that the Cascio singer and Malachi trade lines - if you did not know the songs, it would be impossible to tell which is which.

Edit: found a link to one of those that is still up. Listen for yourself.

Last edited:
It's brilliant. LOVE IT! Love MJ's beatboxing and sound effects he usually does with his mouth (it reminds me of Behind The Mask and State of Shock - extended mix; he obviously liked that a lot during that time period) towards the end of the song. Beautiful mix. I love this kind of extended mixes. MJ vocals are so clear, so extremely high. At times they do sound a bit different, maybe little processed who knows. They are clearly taken from the demo MJ presented to Paul. Anyways, thanks sir Paul for this brilliant mix and new MJ vocals. I'm not gonna even comment about Cascio debate in this thread because it is ridiculous debate.

You hit the nail on the head man. I absolutely love it. A big thanks to Sir Paul for making this happen.

This is why we can't have nice things! Paul and his people did a better job putting the mix together than Queen by a landslide but some of you can not live without creating drama and comtroversy where there isn't. Paul is a respected artist with over 5 decades in showbusiness who wouldn't need such horrible and dishonest antic to sell records but some of you dared to insinuate it either way.

Could the mods stop that nonsensical and disrespectful controversy with the Cascio songs, please?

Well, the truth is that not everybody can recognize Michael's voice.

As I previously said. Even after confirmation, there are comments Michael's (and Sir Paul's) voice sounds weird, strange.

Indeed.

comparing a 1983 vocal by Michael Jackson and comparing it to lets say "Keep your head up" and saying it sounds different is not really a fair example... You compare the "Say Say Say" vocal to lets say "Who Is It" it's going to sound very different.. We all know Michaels voice deepend and matured over the years.. I am not saying directly that Keep your head up is Michael or not but songs like 'Keep your head up' is for sure more a sound that would more so resemble a post 2003 vocal..

There was a time period that fans were shocked that 2000 Watts WAS/IS Michael!! I bet you if you played "Keep your head up" AND 2000 watts to someone that's never heard those two songs... and simply said "Which one is Michael" I would bet you (even if they are wrong) that more people would say keep your head up.

And I personally am someone that never understood why just because his voice in a lower register in 2000 watts and some filtration is going on that so many people were shocked it was MJ.. And this is from personal experience, I often would play it just to see what people would say!!

^The only reason I make these comparisons is because other people say they sound similar (or even in some parts identical). If it is fine to point out that they sound similar, I don't see why the comparison becomes unfair when I put them side by side and say that in my opinion they sound like entirely different voices.

Sure, Michael's voice changed (somewhat) over the years. Part of the reason for that is stylistic changes imo (more gritty singing, etc). A lot of it is also just his voice deepening. If you pitch down a track like Someone in the Dark, a lot of it sounds almost exactly like his Dangerous/HIStory era ballad voice. But there's so much more to the sound of a voice than pitch or simply the way it is used. Even when he used it in different ways - the tonality, the texture, the colour, whatever you want to call it, is still distinctively Michael. Because of that, just like people (including Sir Paul) do not sound anything like Michael when they do the stereotypical high-pitched soft speaking voice, I just don't find that these impersonators really sound like him, regardless of whether they sing at a similar pitch or (try to) copy his ad-libs or style.

Better comparison than breaking news. We know its definitely MJ in the say say say demo. The only part I hear similarities to parts of the cascio tracks are the opening verse as far as "here forever". The rest of the song - no issues whatsoever. That opening verse though - I have never heard MJ sing with that vibrato or shake in any other material or Demo ( And I have the lot - 35 yrs worth) before but I know its him. When I first heard breaking news on that infamous morning I was straight away going WTF is this shit!! However, I am open to the possibility that MJ is on parts of the cascio tracks after hearing the opening verses of say say say. Before this I was mad as hell that they put Malachi or whoever it is on an MJ album.
My wife and daughter are not major fans of MJ but are trained professional musicians with music degrees. So to get an unbiased view I played comparisons for them. Their answers were interesting, and I trust their ears and knowledge. They understand the technical aspects of singing. Their answers open up the debate for me again.

Last edited:
SoCav I know what you are saying, my take is this.. there are specific things in the cascio tracks that are distinctive to Michael outside of pitch that I can't believe anyone can capture that.. No Jason Malachi song does some of those things I hear! However, there is a lack of authenticity in the way the vocals sound that Michael always brings, including the agressive vocals does not have the same growl with a natural feel as Michaels.. And of course having some for sure adlibs from Michael does make it harder to distinguish for some.

So in section ME personally I go back and forth.. Some areas I'm totally, There is no way this is Michael, and others I'm like No one can do that but Michael.. specific styling he did that was so unique..

Basically one big huge difference between Michaels voice and Jasons aside from the clear obvious everyone mentions.. (vibratoo, and limitations Jason has to basically emulate one static MJ-esk sound) is Michael sings with an open diaphram and Jason sings from his throat.. That makes a huge different in the sound of a vocal... Open diaphram the vocal travels differently and sounds litterally more open and free.. Where as Jason singing from his throat it's very closed which gives a more nasally trapped sound.

Now the two things that make it harder on fans to make the call if it IS/NOT Michael is that newer recordings (even of Michaels) go through a lot more filtration.. Before Michael would literally keep in all sounds even random hand claps, movements, breaths, foot stomps, and I have even heard paper moving (I can't remember the song).. You stand infront of the mic and take all that out, and ONLY get the straight voice basically threw a tube it's going to sound less open in the vocal.. There are even songs in Invincible that are pretty dang filtered (which is one issue that took away from the MJ feel).. I listen to Best Of Joy, Though it's a beautiful song, I can tell it's heavily filtered...

You mix that with other over production (shortening the lengths of vibrato, adding in random sounds, and the other crap) It's going to be vertually impossible to 100% say Yay or nay!

My personal beliefe is that Michael worked on the music and never finished and they brought Jason in to do the songs and make it one... And pass it along to the Estate "hey we have MJ music" No way do I believe the Estate would release music knowing its not MJ and state it is.

Pictures from the Pipes of Peace Deluxe Edition in Sussex, 1981. Sorry if they were already posted.

12144772_905296969538697_3381309942334850519_n.jpg

12105995_905296976205363_4037185011350977040_n.jpg

12122616_905296979538696_4534284892133468102_n.jpg

12074710_905296972872030_5520573864392803948_n.jpg

12118882_905296996205361_9168431879864470708_n.jpg

From what I've read The Man home video footage is from this horse riding trip in Sussex filmed by Paul and Linda.

12088058_905296946205366_6211434855804076569_n.jpg

Last edited:
This is one sweet sounding remix. I hope the Estate are listening, this is how remixes should be done.

I bought the single. It's pretty great. Good job Sir Paul. Remixes made from demos. Hope the estate takes a hint. We don't need any Pit Bull crap. Lol!

Those are some really cool photos and videos, thanks Snow White and Paris!! :D

Bought the single as well and love it. Great job Sir Paul.

Re: New Official "Say Say Say" Remix Coming October 2015 [OUT NOW!!]

Still haven't heard it, but I will download the HI-RES version on Qobuz today!

Bought the song from iTunes- voice may be processed a small bit but not enough for me to get drawn into comparing it with the Cascio muck.

Great great remix! This is how you do a "2015 remix".Keeping faithful to the original while giving it a bit of a new kick that just makes it stand out on its own as a track to listen to. Reminds me a bit of the remixes that were on Destiny and Triumph re-releases.

Thanks Maca!

A minute and 48 seconds long. It's great seeing Paul's kid's when they were little, including James, Paul and Linda's only son!

Can someone link me to the new remix ? And is The Man never before released ?

Paul McCartney done did good on this one, it's the clarity!

Michael Jackson ft Paul McCartney - "Say, Say, Say" (Remix Version 2015)

Yeah the audio quality is very good, which is rare nowadays tbh.

Last edited:
I really, really love the part around 3:05 where Michael starts doing the instrumentation with his voice. Just amazing.

I have a question-was reading the interview that Paul gave a few pages back and he says that Michael was singing in his "little voice." And I just wondered what he meant by that. Does he mean "high voice". To me, a 'little voice' is something more delicate, frail, and thin-I think of Janet having a 'little voice' just to use somebody that everybody here knows.
But I think of Michael has having a really strong, powerful voice-he can hit notes and hold them like few other singers. It's not super deep though-so do you think that is what Paul really meant?

While thinking about this today, I ironically ran across this video on YouTube that demonstrates just how great Michael's voice is. Instead of starting a new thread, I'll throw it in here.

(When Michael sang his solo line in "This Old Man" on the Carol Burnett show was the first time I noticed his new adult voice-and absolutely freaked out.)

Can someone link me to the new remix ? And is The Man never before released ?

The Man came out back in 1983 on Pipes of Peace. I didn't even know it existed until early last year and I was like "WHAT?! THERE'S BEEN ANOTHER MICHAEL JACKSON/PAUL MCCARTNEY DUET AVAILABLE SINCE THE EARLY 80S AND I WASNT EVEN TOLD?!" :p

Back