New Pepsi Television Ad Features Music Superstars Michael Jackson, etc

myosotis

Proud Member
New Pepsi Television Ad Features Music Superstars Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Kanye West, Ray Charles and Mariah Carey
New Creative Titled "Music Icons" To Debut On THE X FACTOR(TM)

PURCHASE, N.Y., Sept. 21, 2011 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- Pepsi will unveil a new television spot titled, "Music Icons" tonight during the debut of FOX's THE X FACTOR. The television spot celebrates Pepsi's rich music history, featuring global icons Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Kanye West, Ray Charles and Mariah Carey. "Music Icons" captures the essence of Pepsi and THE X FACTOR's search for the next pop music star.

To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...t-ray-charles-and-mariah-carey-130254388.html

The new spot features the slogan, "Where there's Pepsi, there's music" and invites THE X FACTOR fans to re-live iconic Pepsi moments such as Michael Jackson introducing the new "Pepsi Generation," Britney Spears dancing on the rooftops to "The Joy of Pepsi" and Ray Charles playing the piano to the tune of "You Got the Right One, Baby, Uh Huh."

"Pepsi has always been at the center of music and pop culture and is known for featuring top talent in its campaigns," said Frank Cooper, Chief Marketing Officer, Global Consumer Engagement of PepsiCo Beverages. "We're confident that the next pop music star will emerge from our partnership with THE X FACTOR."

The "Music Icons" spot features a Pepsi-exclusive remix of the song, "Tonight is the Night" by Outasight, a newly signed artist to Warner Bros. Records from Yonkers, New York. Surrounded by diverse music at a young age, Outasight grew up watching iconic Pepsi commercials and aspired to be like the musical legends featured in the ads. Now his unique sound will be a part of Pepsi and pop culture history.

"We chose the song 'Tonight is the Night' because it perfectly captures the spirit of music today," said Simon Lowden, Chief Marketing Officer, PepsiCo Beverages Company. "This spot is about re-igniting the timeless connection between Pepsi and iconic pop music and also about celebrating our partnership with THE X FACTOR. Now we're more excited than ever to ask the question: who's next?" he continued.

"Music Icons" will air during THE X FACTOR and across Fox cable networks. For more information, please visit pepsi.com or THE X FACTOR tab on www.facebook.com/pepsi .

Hosted by Steve Jones, THE X FACTOR will make its highly anticipated debut with a two-night series premiere event Wednesday, Sept. 21 (8:00-10) and Thursday, Sept. 22 (8:00-10) on FOX. Be there as THE X FACTOR judges Simon Cowell, Paula Abdul, L.A. Reid and Nicole Scherzinger begin their search for undiscovered talent 12 years old and over - both solo artists and vocal groups - who are worthy of the largest prize in television history: a $5 million recording contract with Syco/Sony Music and to be featured in a Pepsi Super Bowl commercial.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ne...-west-ray-charles-and-mariah-carey-2011-09-21

NEW PEPSI AD PAYS TRIBUTE TO CLASSIC COMMERCIALS FEATURING BRITNEY SPEARS, MICHAEL JACKSON + MORE

by: Cristin Maher 5 hours ago

Pepsi has just released a brand-new commercial, and this time around they aren’t recruiting any new stars to appear in their advertisements. Instead, Pepsi has compiled some of their most memorable commercials to create one monster of a Pepsi montage. The all-new Pepsi ad features classic commercials from the soft drink giants, featuring cameos from Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Kanye West, and crooner/pianist Ray Charles.
The commercial opens with a guy swigging back a can of Pepsi backstage at a concert. As he takes a sip, he looks at the Pepsi logo and we are thrown into the montage of vintage ads as an upbeat song plays. The Michael Jackson commercials may be the most recognizable, as the King of Pop dances around in sparkly socks while later doing his famous kick-and-twirl in a sequined jacket and fedora.
Britney Spears also shows up for the Pepsi party, catapulting fans back to her heydey as a teenage superstar. Clips from her sexy commercial where she sings the ‘Joy of Pepsi’ jingle in a warehouse, wearing a midriff top, jeans and a Pepsi logo bellybutton ring. She later shows up on a rooftop doing dance moves a la her ‘(You Drive Me) Crazy’ video in front of a giant illuminated Pepsi sign.
Mariah Carey and Kanye West also appear in the commercial, with Carey looking like a divalicious angel from heaven and West leaving a stream of Pepsi’s signature colors behind him. Ray Charles also shows up, singing in front of a piano with a bevy of beauties behind him.
Get ready for some serious nostalgia as you watch this ad!

Watch the New Pepsi Commercial Featuring Vintage Ads

[youtube]l-1-Mlu44es[/youtube]
http://popcrush.com/pepsi-ad-classic-commercials-britney-spears-michael-jackson/

Cool! :wild:

Re: Pepsi pays tribute to classic commercials featuring MJ and others

Very cool!
2qlg3r7.gif

I like it a lot.

That was nice.

Thank you! I like that.

love it!

I don't drink Pepsi, but they sure know how to make great commercials!

Very nice.

Very cool - I love it. Thank you for sharing.:wild:

Brilliant! MJ commercials were the best Pepsi ever had! They still give me goose bumps, it was exciting seeing his feet as the opener to the past! Kinda made me sad too....

first i was like "grrr..who cares about the rest of the them. it should be just mj"
but to be fair, its still pretty awesome.and i like the way pepsi has been since 2009. very sweet

first i was like "grrr..who cares about the rest of the them. it should be just mj"
but to be fair, its still pretty awesome.and i like the way pepsi has been since 2009. very sweet

hehehe....so true....Ray Charles' and MJ's truly look vintage, but the rest just seem to not fit cuz they look too modern lol....But still very cool to see...:D

Very nice of Pepsi to do a tribute by putting old ads on the newest one that has Michael, Britney Spears, Mariah Carey, Ray Charles and Kanye West. Very nice job.

That's awesome, and I concur - Michael's commercials were the best out of all of Pepsi's celebrity commercial range. Not surprising, since Michael was a creative genius. He probably oversaw his commercials right down to the last detail. However, I feel nostalgic when I watch this, sad too. I long for the 1980s and to have Michael back :(

The only reason I watched x-factor last night is the Pepsi ad. (I know I can watch the ad on YT, but it just feels more exciting to watch it on TV).

I like the commercial a lot and I think it's really cool. I also get nostalgic. I miss the the 80's and the 90's a lot.

The only reason I watched x-factor last night is the Pepsi ad. (I know I can watch the ad on YT, but it just feels more exciting to watch it on TV).

I like the commercial a lot and I think it's really cool. I also get nostalgic. I miss the the 80's and the 90's a lot.

Yeah it's a cool commercial and the music they used really fits..It also makes me really miss the early 2000's as well -_-

I missed the commercial because I was at the laundry. :( Then I watched the rest of that show just hoping they would replay it. They didn't. :(

Please let me know if they show it on TV again!

Thanks!

haha,,,,that's great,,thank you so much for sharing that,,,Gotta love the way Michael looks in that commercial.

So awesome that they are paying tribute to Mike that way!

And the greatest first of course...

I loved watching Michael and Ray Charles on that commercial, the others where... LAME imo. MJ and Ray look SO CLASSY!

Just for them I love the commer! :wild: :excited:

wow ! :wub:

The remastered quality of those famous ads is AWESOME! Perhaps we should start a campaign to get Pepsi to post remastered 1080P versions of the full ads online? For years we have been watching vhs transfers recorded off tv, that would awesome to see all MJ's ads in the best quality possible!

Back