New Song Snippet - Another Day Featuring Lenny Kravitz (Merged) *No Links*

Re: New Song Snippet - Another Day Featuring Lenny Kravitz (Merged)

Dunno, everytime team MJ or his executors put up something on the table for negotiation... .be it his back catalogue of unreleased songs or [Mijac catalogue (as in the latest for negotiaiton of a re-financing package)] or some other stuff, his "new" song has a way crawling out of the woodwork leaking the pipes.
May not be as bad, most inexpensive way to test the market if you ask me.
Luving this song BTW. Told ya, Michael's ahead of his time and of the competition by a mile. Pit this against JT's Rock your body or Cry me a river, MJ's Another day wins hands down.

I fear many many years will pass before we get to hear these songs in full...

If only June 25th 2009 never existed...

Here you go music "experts":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3E6yFESmH0Y

now you know how Michael can take an "average" song and make it amazing with the power of his voice. Musical genius!!!

2001? 2009? is it important to argue about it?

...and for all the invincible haters... sony selected the songs for invincible... the original concept Michael had was something the world had never witnessed and probably never will.

LOVE! it's about LOVE. if you haven't learned that from Michael probably you should not be here.

sorry if i'm rude today but some people here pissed me off.

human.

Words: Lenny Kravitz, Carter / Music: Lenny Kravitz

My life has taken me beyond the planets and the stars
And you're the only one that could take me this far
I'll be forever searching for your love

I walked away but I was wrong
You're the one that keeps me strong
You're the fire that keeps me warm
How will I get through this storm?

At night, I pray before I sleep in hope of finding you
I've opened up my heart, I want you to come through
I close my eyes, I'm searching for your love

Jay-z: I got the bounce Lenny
Check me out
Brooklyn's bad boy back again
Feet hit the ground runnin' and my back's to the wind
Angels on my shoulders, head in the clouds
No, I'm not rappin', I'm just thinkin' real loud
My karma's my armor, my charm and wit
Is like a lethal bomb, I'm warm and s***
And I did bad for good but when you're trapped in the 'hood
You do worse for less, homie earth's a test
Only god can judge me
My heart ain't ugly
But the thoughts that I drop is heavy
Try budge me
Mama loved me, pop left me
Still the homies call me lucky lefty
I'm flashy and bentley
Deceptively smart
I make hustlin' heaven and pimpin' an art
Long as I know that I'm blessed
'Cause I'm loved in depth
I can walk through the water and not get wet
I'm that fresh

Jay-Z: There you have it
Just Blaze, Young hov, Lenny Kravitz
Not your average
Get your umbrella
It's raining macs and broads
all grace to god

Guys, can you please try to look back through the thread a little bit? I've seen the same link to "Storm" by Lenny Kravitz numerous times here when it has already been established that "Another Day" evolved into that. ;)

I would like to hear it without the rap intro etc.. just the music and Michael's vocals

Whoever owns the rights to this song, PLEASE release this as a single!! :angel:

I woke up this morning with this song already playing in my head. I am not going to be pleased if this song is not somehow released to us in full. Man! I love it.

Wow. Lorraine! That beginning bit "Girl I wanna groove" cooks! I wish the person who put it up on YouTube would explain the origin...where does this addition come from?

Thanks so much for posting it! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhRWAjO8O9Q
It's from here..... :)

His voice is so MAGICAL! its like listening to Love itself.

makes me speechless, fumbling for words! i just love it!

I wonder if it'll leak in full... I hope so. God what would I do to hear the full song.
I'd love for it to come out as a single, but since it more than likely won't ever happen... please... let it leak in full...

Thanks to whoever removed the annoying DJ stuff. It was preventing me from listening to this snippet more than once yesterday. Even though I liked how Michael's voice sounded, it was distracting. Now we can just concentrate on his lovely voice.

And I know it's not because I'm over 40. Some of you are half my age and hate the DJ shout thing. :)

Reactions: Bee

Great new song snippet! Love the vocals

If Michael honestly believed that Invincible was better than Thriller then he was seriously deluded. That's like some 'fans' claiming that the majority mimed HIStory tour was better than the majority live BAD tour.*

Invincible is a weak album. So, by default, any songs that didn't make the cut can be judged accordingly.

'Fans' can try to bully me all they want - 'it's like you've forgotten he passed away' - but I'm as entitled to my opinion. It's a terrible record IMHO. It's just a lot of noise, bereft of real instrumentation, melody or, even, a hook.*

okay so you're allowed to think that Thriller is 'better' than Invincible and that the Bad tour is 'better' than the HIStory tour, but anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded, or not a 'real' fan as you're implying? :) and you talk about contradictions...

The person who has 'warped ideas' about taste is the person who believes that everyone should have the same taste.

And again, yet you inferred that every person should think of Thriller as superior to Invincible and the Bad tour as superior to the HIStory tour and anyone who has a differing opinion is wrong by your reckoning and not a genuine admirer of Michael's work. You would rather all fans adore Thriller and dismiss Michael's last studio album as substandard, thus all thinking the same? Hypocritical to say the least...

invincible is his best studio album. i've heard radio stations in los angeles play knockoffs putting other artists in the spotlight, while not giving it its due.*enjoying 'this is it' and 'another day'.*

Last edited:

Is this that song that Lenny said he had worked with Michael on?

TMZ is reporting it now:

Unreleased Michael Jackson Song Hits the Web

Posted Jan 3rd 2010 4:36PM by TMZ Staff
Much like 2Pac, Michael Jackson has no problem releasing new music, even though he's ... ya know, dead.

An unreleased song called "Another Day" is making the rounds, an alleged duet with Lenny Kravitz. The verse Michael sings seems to be the same as from an older Kravitz song called "Storm."

Kravitz gave an interview with Spinner shortly after Michael's death where he mentioned working with him on a song that hadn't been released. Kravitz called it "the most amazing experience I've had in the studio."

i hear the faint cry's of a up coming lawsuit.

I like it. I like it a lot.
But then, there's not too much that MJ creates that I dont like.
The lyrics in the beginning are.....unreal.

i hear the faint cry's of a up coming lawsuit.

All they can do is come after all the Youtube account holders who made videos of the snippets and blogsite from the Netherlands that released it.

But IMHO, this is just a test to see how people react to the song - in other words - the leak was meant to happen.

Either way - it's a MASSIVE success. In a day since its release, the Another Day snippet is all over the globe.

Ok, i never said unlike you, "clearly unacceptable", and i wrote "Im AFRAID", im NOT talking for him, got it???? :yes:
You clearly dont like this song, so, what are you doing here,
this song is melodic, now if you mean that to be melodic Michael had to sing it all the way it was in the 80's, well there you go.... this is music it has HUMOR, CHANGES, you know, it has anger, has frustration, excitement, etc, you know.
Noone is trying to bully you, i mean, you are not the center...
And you have your right to say Michael was deluded, I PERSONALLY would never said that about anybody, but you, you go with your ways, of course... i can see you will...
And i just love everything Michael, you trying to say fans love everything Michael in a derogative way, but the fact is that IM A FAN, if there was something i didnt like i will say, but see, there isnt..... cause i love his particular inmense PERSONAL musical style, he was wayyyyyy personal, if you dont like the personal touch, you are defenetly not into ALL his stuff, so i understand :), but not for it you have to go saying to everybody that YOU are the voice of the REASON, reason has yet to be said in the first place... like i said if you dont like the PERSONAL MICHAEL JACKSON style, which is the essence of Michael Jackson, is totally ok, but why do you continue here if you dont like the sound, i mean for what??? you have already stated you dont like other Michael stuff than Thriller and Off The Wall, which are total masterpieces), but see there are more fans than you, you have to ACCEPT IT, thats reality....
And im tired of ... not discussing with you anymore.... BYE

I love Michael Jackson. That doesn't mean I have to love everything he does. I love my son but he makes mistakes. Doesn't mean I don't love him.

I've never claimed to be 'the voice of reason'. I gave my opinion. Get over it.

As for this:

"what??? you have already stated you dont like other Michael stuff than Thriller and Off The Wall"

Please find me the quote where I've said this. Otherwise don't try putting words into my mouth - that's the very definition of bullying.

Back