NEW! The Jackson 5 Come and Get It: Rare Pearls Compilation (Triple Disc)

Interesting.....I wonder why it is coming out during the Bad campaign?

What are they trying to do?

They're only going to end up hurting their own egos. They can not compete with Bad. It seems that there's no one single person with some kind of logic around them.

Who are they going to blame If the sales doesn't add up to their expectations? They really need a guiding light because the people that are by their side are as clueless as them.

Tentatively confirmed: Disc 1 will contain (We're The) Music Makers, If The Shoe Don't Fit, Come And Get It (Love's On Fire), and more; Disc 2 will have That's How Love Is (Original Complete Version), If I Have To Move A Mountain (Original Complete Version), Mama's Pearl, and more. No details on Disc 3 yet!

What are they trying to do?

They're only going to end up hurting their own egos. They can not compete with Bad. It seems that there's no one single person with some kind of logic around them.

Who are they going to blame If the sales doesn't add up to their expectations? They really need a guiding light because the people that are by their side are as clueless as them.

It's nothing to do with the brothers. Universal make the choice as to what J5 compilations are released and when.

Anyway, looking forward to this especially if it has those out takes on.

Hmm I have a few J5 compilatations already. The best one being J5 25th Soulsation. So I will check into this one and see if they have any songs I might not already have or different versions of songs atleast?

Hmm I have a few J5 compilatations already. The best one being J5 25th Soulsation. So I will check into this one and see if they have any songs I might not already have or different versions of songs atleast?

That's a good idea, because a lot of the compilations seem to repeat the same songs.

It's nothing to do with the brothers. Universal make the choice as to what J5 compilations are released and when.

Anyway, looking forward to this especially if it has those out takes on.

I understand what you mean, but dont they have any leverage? The release is a good idea but i don't know about the timing. Even when i don't agree with some of them, I still want them to do good financially.

popcorn-MJ.gif

51Z0js4KI1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

DISC 1:

1. (We're The) Music Makers 1:00

2. If The Shoe Don't Fit 3:18

3. Come And Get It (Love's On The Fire) 3:12

4. I Got A Sure Thing 3:21

5. After You Leave Girl 2:38

6. Mama Told Me Not To Come 3:04

7. Iddint 3:47

8. Since I Lost My Baby 2:52

9. Keep An Eye 3:08

10. Movin' 3:23

11. Feelin' Alright 3:13

12. You Better Watch Out 3:06

13. I'm Your Sunny One (He's My Sunny Boy) 2:49

14. Someone's Standing In My Love Light 2:52

Disc 2:

1. If You Want Heaven 3:07

2. You Can't Hurry Love 2:50

3. Keep Off The Grass 3:08

4. Going My Way 3:57

5. Makin' Life A Little Easier For You 3:18

6. Up On The Roof 3:07

7. If I Can't Nobody Can 2:45

8. Our Love 3:25

9. I Can't Get Enough Of You 2:48

10. Cupid 2:54

11. Let's Go Back To Day One 3:02

12. Would Ya Would Ya Baby 3:57

13. Love Trip 3:07

14. Label Me Love 3:31

15. Jumbo Sam 3:05

16. That's How Love Is 3:25

17. If I Have To Move A Mountain 4:47

18. Mama's Pearl

http://www.amazon.com/Come-Get-Rare...UTF8&qid=1345024807&sr=1-2&keywords=jackson+5

I understand what you mean, but dont they have any leverage? The release is a good idea but i don't know about the timing. Even when i don't agree with some of them, I still want them to do good financially.

The brothers have no say so over Motown material, and neither did Mike. Remember when Thriller was popular, Motown released Farewell My Summer Love, which was then unreleased songs that were remixed. Depending on what kind of contract the brothers had at Motown, they might not get paid any royalties. Many of their other classic era acts don't, unless they wrote their material, which were few. I think the only person who has control over their Motown releases is Stevie Wonder, and that's just the stuff after 1970, not the Little Stevie era. That's how Motown can put out endless compilations of the same songs over and over.

51Z0js4KI1L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

DISC 1:

1. (We're The) Music Makers 1:00

2. If The Shoe Don't Fit 3:18

3. Come And Get It (Love's On The Fire) 3:12

4. I Got A Sure Thing 3:21

5. After You Leave Girl 2:38

6. Mama Told Me Not To Come 3:04

7. Iddint 3:47

8. Since I Lost My Baby 2:52

9. Keep An Eye 3:08

10. Movin' 3:23

11. Feelin' Alright 3:13

12. You Better Watch Out 3:06

13. I'm Your Sunny One (He's My Sunny Boy) 2:49

14. Someone's Standing In My Love Light 2:52

Disc 2:

1. If You Want Heaven 3:07

2. You Can't Hurry Love 2:50

3. Keep Off The Grass 3:08

4. Going My Way 3:57

5. Makin' Life A Little Easier For You 3:18

6. Up On The Roof 3:07

7. If I Can't Nobody Can 2:45

8. Our Love 3:25

9. I Can't Get Enough Of You 2:48

10. Cupid 2:54

11. Let's Go Back To Day One 3:02

12. Would Ya Would Ya Baby 3:57

13. Love Trip 3:07

14. Label Me Love 3:31

15. Jumbo Sam 3:05

16. That's How Love Is 3:25

17. If I Have To Move A Mountain 4:47

18. Mama's Pearl

http://www.amazon.com/Come-Get-Rare...UTF8&qid=1345024807&sr=1-2&keywords=jackson+5

I'm really going to buy! :woohoo:

I'm really starting to hope that the "Mama's Pearl" on this compilation actually turns out to be its original version known as "Guess Who's Makin' Whoopie With Your Girlfriend". I think it has leaked before, but it would be cool if they put it on an official release. Can't wait for this to come out either way!

EDIT: I listened to the samples on Amazon.com and it actually is the original version!!!!

Last edited:
^This is so great checkin on my J5 compliations and I don't have non of these songs! So most def buying this.

Edit: Actually I believe there are atleast two songs I do have. But, the rest I don't so again this is a must have for me! :)

Last edited:
The Jackson 5 burst on the music scene like a ray of sunshine in late 1969, reeling off four consecutive No. 1 hits and inspiring worldwide Jacksonmania. They also recorded constantly, and a treasure trove of newly discovered, previously unreleased recordings by Michael, Jermaine, Jackie, Marlon and Tito are being released for the first time on Come And Get It: The Rare Pearls (Motown/Hip-oSelect/UMe), available September 18, 2012. Produced by Deke Richards, leader of “The Corporation™,” the Jackson 5’s original hit songwriting-production team, the extraordinary 32-track, 2-CD set — enough songs to fill three Jackson 5 albums — is housed in a special box with deluxe packaging that includes not only the two discs but a vinyl 7-inch single, rare photos, essays and detailed information.

Come And Get It: The Rare Pearls is rich with gems, among them “If The Shoe Don’t Fit,” a Corporation classic that coulda-woulda-shoulda been a smash hit. “Our Love,” led by Jermaine, is destined to become a new wedding favorite. “If You Want Heaven” updates the classic Motown sound, while “Iddinit,” “If I Can’t Nobody Can” and “Would Ya Would Ya Baby” hint at a new funk direction for the brothers. “Love Trip,” a ballad, points in the direction a solo Michael would take in the next phase of his career.
There are also striking covers, done J5-style, including “Mama Told Me Not To Come,” a No. 1 hit for Three Dog Night; Jackie DeShannon’s “Movin’;” the pop/soul perennial “Up On The Roof;” a Stax nugget, “I Got A Sure Thing;” Traffic’s “Feelin’ Alright,” in a studio version that became a staple of the J5 live show; and new versions of Motown chestnuts “You Can’t Hurry Love,” “Keep An Eye,” “I’m Your Sunny One (He’s My Sunny Boy)” (all originally by the Supremes); “Since I Lost My Baby” (Temptations); “Lets Go Back To Day One” (Eddie Kendricks); and “Label Me Love” (Different Shades Of Brown).

Bonus tracks are: producer Deke Richards’ original unedited version of “That’s How Love Is,” a rarity which first appeared on 2009’s I Want You Back!: The Unreleased Masters; Richards’ original extended mix for “If I Have To Move A Mountain,” an LP track issued in 1972; and a super treat for J5 fans, the demo for “Mama’s Pearl,” previously hidden deep in Deke’s personal vault.
Come And Get It: The Rare Pearls is housed in a unique package: a 7-inch square box packed with the discs in their own sleeves; an oversized booklet featuring detailed annotations, rare photos, and essays by Deke Richards and author/professor Mark Anthony Neal; and an actual 45-rpm, 7-inch vinyl single in a slick picture sleeve – “If The Shoe Don’t Fit” b/w “Feelin’ Alright.”

http://www.hip-oselect.com/scr.public.product.asp?product_id=29613DF2-67B3-48AD-9D87-2CE3A8B0763F

No idea why I'm only hearing about this now. Maybe it should be in the MJ news section too? Pretty exciting if you ask me. 2 discs of unreleased J5! Surprised there's not more hype around here about this.

No idea why I'm only hearing about this now. Maybe it should be in the MJ news section too? Pretty exciting if you ask me. 2 discs of unreleased J5! Surprised there's not more hype around here about this.

Agreed. I think this should be moved to the news section, so more fans could be aware of such release. I'm so excited.

Wow... Two discs off unreleased Motown material. Woohoo!

Unfortunately, as of this typing, the CD version of this has still not been updated on Amazon.com (at least the American one), so I'll just have to wait to see if they're going to list this deluxe version on Amazon and resist the temptation to buy the MP3 version on that website.

Wow!! I am so excited about this!!!
It's quite sad to see so little excitement about 31 unreleased songs and there appear to be only a fraction of Jackson 5 fans on the biggest MJ community.

The best post 2009 releases were unarguably by MOTOWN, perfect sound and very neatly designed CD cases, everything far superior to sony.
You can take away all my Jackson 5 cd's and leave me only with Live at the Forum and I want you back.
I don't expect sony will ever come near MOTOWN releases.

I already preordered mine at amazon.com, costs only 31usd… I might write to MOTOWN and asked them if there will be different packages, but according to their site there is only one box set, limited to 4000 copies available.

Come and get it
http://youtu.be/QX7JDzPUv2Q

Newly released picture of the box set!!!!

B008UTV73W.01._SX469_SCLZZZZZZZ_V391085464_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Come-Get-It-Rare-Pearls/dp/B008UTV73W

Come And Get It: The Rare Pearls is housed in a unique package: a 7-inch square box packed with the discs in their own sleeves; an oversized booklet featuring detailed annotations, rare photos, and essays by Deke Richards and author/professor Mark Anthony Neal; and an actual 45-rpm, 7-inch vinyl single in a slick picture sleeve If The Shoe Don t Fit b/w Feelin Alright.

Back