Official Aussie & NZ Thread

Re: AUSSIES! Get in here!

First of all i wanna say bout the vegmite.....ewwwww :puke:
and bout the nutella...YUMMO! :) i havent had that in ages though

UMMMM what the?? :blink: :lol: timtam orgasm...that a first i 've ever heard of that!

Tim tam orgasm is basically this...

Take a timtam, bite off 2 corners opposite each other, dip one of the corners in coffee and put the other one in your mouth. Now suck up the hot coffee and it'll travel up the middle of the biscuit where the chocolate mousse is.

Drink it and then put the timtam in your mouth FAST coz it'll collapse. The double coat ones hold a bit better, but they'll still collapse pretty quickly.

Here's someone doing it (my coffee cup isn't that posh though)

timtam%20005%20(Small).jpg

Truth be told, we never wanted Russell Crowe to begin with :lol:

Tim tam orgasm is basically this...

Take a timtam, bite off 2 corners opposite each other, dip one of the corners in coffee and put the other one in your mouth. Now suck up the hot coffee and it'll travel up the middle of the biscuit where the chocolate mousse is.

Drink it and then put the timtam in your mouth FAST coz it'll collapse. The double coat ones hold a bit better, but they'll still collapse pretty quickly.

Here's someone doing it (my coffee cup isn't that posh though)

timtam%20005%20(Small).jpg

Truth be told, we never wanted Russell Crowe to begin with :lol:

Wow that explantion of the "timtam orgasm" was well *cough* ummm intersting * cough*

Thats ok.....i dont we want him back either... :lol:

I don't want no older married man I want the Pav damnit!

let's pretend it's like an anzac :D

Come on ozzies admit it! You do turn the aircon on above 31C ish :) you do :) or go to a mall :) or to a pool or to a beach :)

Reghead, my tips

1. aircon or some kind of a fan :)
2. always carry water with you and drink water even when you dont feel you are thirsty..buy one of those fancy plastic reusable bottles (I will help you get one) and use that
3. wear sunscreen, less clothes (you will see a Tshirt and shorts are more than fine) and remember - when the sun is out always walk in the shadows..

and oh yes one lesson I learnt ...if you go to the beach dont be tempted to walk barefoot in the sand....on a hot day the sand can actually burn your feet...guess why most of us are running into the water..cos the sand is hot hot hot :)

oh wear hats! Lifesavers :)

Great thread---welcome to Australia.
Definately hats/sunnies/and loads of sunscreen.
I'm a Queenslander---but have seen LOTS of Australia.
If you can---don't miss---The Great Barrier Reef.
Fraser Island--very unique.
Great Ocean Road.
I have been across Australia on the Indian Pacific train--very different scenery.
At present, up the QLD coast---we have whale watching---that's awesome.
The Gold Coast itself is "different" to the other beaches, beautiful.
And if you want to escape winter---GO NORTH !!
Australia is sooooooooo diversified--in scenery.

As for the Fun Parks----GOOD but so similar to Disneyland/ Universal Studios/etc.
Have fun---enjoy Australia.
Dawn

I think next year I will escape winter and come up North Dawn :yes: I'll definately think about it for my winter break.

Ive always wanted to go to qld...i hope one day i will go

i definately put the air con on ALL the time in summer, i'm a pussy when it comes to Aussie heat...i burn like bacon at breakfast time.

To all those in Queensland...i salute you....i had trouble coping with the QLD heat in June..(winter).....and in Feb i melted like mozzarella on a pizza.

hmmmmmm....why is there a reoccurring "food" theme here *scratches fat head*

The Great Ocean Road ........ glorious. Love it. My family has so much history there.

To the person who is from Geelong....i fell in love with the place...until if fell on my face crossing the street to get to a shopping centre that wasn't actually open yet and split my knee open to the bone.....so anyway, on my day spent in Geelong i found out you have really nice ... hospital staff...haha But seriously, it's a beautiful place.

And New Zealand.....i haven't been there yet but sooo many tourists favour NZ over Australia because of the natural beauty and adventure sports (bungee jumping, river rafting, canyon swinging, black water caving, giant rubber ball rolling??, jet boat riding ) all in close proximity of each other. Australia is just as beautiful if not more *sniff's proudly* but you have to travel so darn far to get anywhere. And why does New Zealand remind me a bit of Canada....i've only seen photo's but perhaps its the snow, the lakes, the scenery....hmmmmmmm i have to travel more.

Two pics from my last day trip, to Kiama Australia, just south of Wollongong...
DSCF7290.jpg

DSCF7299.jpg

And one pic of me eating the infamous double coated TimTam after a few glasses of wine, while browsing this forum. (i hate having my pic taken but did it anyways...)

Oh gosh I can't WAIT till summer hits us! winter = sick, cold and miserable, short days early sunset! boo to our winter! it's already getting warmer here in Brisbane.

Still I suppose it's alright for snuggling ;)

Uh oh.. our resident alcoholic's back :lol:

YOU TRIED A TIM TAM!! And is that a cup of coffee I see??

Yep, I am! Hey gotta enjoy the beer and wine while I am here... it IS Australia after all! :rofl:

Yeah and we got the ones you said...the double coated. OMG they were SO good! I followed your instructions exactly and used it as a straw in my coffee.

I now understand the whole 'Timtam Orgasm'....:yes:

I need to ship a crate of them back to the states... :wub:

Mwahahaha.. glad I brought you over to the dark side :evil: I've tried the original tim tams and let me tell you, once you have double coat you never go back!

Actually I think there are stores that sell tim tams in the states and I think there are online stores as well. But I'm pretty sure vegemite is banned in the states.. so you're going to have to smuggle it in there :lol:

:) GREAT BARRIER REEF RULES!
The most amazing place in the whole world!
you all MUST get up there!
I went there in April and in November last year - great weather 28-30C, no crowd...that is the time to visit...cant wait for this year!

and yes...My goal in life is to retire to Cairns :)

Mwahahaha.. glad I brought you over to the dark side :evil: I've tried the original tim tams and let me tell you, once you have double coat you never go back!

Actually I think there are stores that sell tim tams in the states and I think there are online stores as well. But I'm pretty sure vegemite is banned in the states.. so you're going to have to smuggle it in there :lol:

The dark side....heh....:punk:

Oh yeah...the double coated is the way to go.... I love chocolate :wub:

Really...I so need to get my friends in the US on that, see if they can find the Timtams.

Nope, Veg isn't banned in the US. There are a few select stores that import it in. It's weird... you can bring it in and so can companies, it just can't be MADE in the US...something about it's against the law to add folic acid to food or something. But they don't ban it if it's done outside the country and carried in.

Either way I'm still sending a box of the stuff to my dad's before I leave. I want a lifetime supply.... :)

And Vargak.....YES I so want to see the Reef.... dunno if I'll have the money for it but I'd love to. Depends on how fast I save this $$$ for paramedic school.

:) GREAT BARRIER REEF RULES!
The most amazing place in the whole world!
you all MUST get up there!
I went there in April and in November last year - great weather 28-30C, no crowd...that is the time to visit...cant wait for this year!

and yes...My goal in life is to retire to Cairns :)

I'd love to go snorkelling up in the reef!! It's a plan to do it one day for sure!

Im so craving timtam now..:lol:

The dark side....heh....:punk:

Oh yeah...the double coated is the way to go.... I love chocolate :wub:

Really...I so need to get my friends in the US on that, see if they can find the Timtams.

Nope, Veg isn't banned in the US. There are a few select stores that import it in. It's weird... you can bring it in and so can companies, it just can't be MADE in the US...something about it's against the law to add folic acid to food or something. But they don't ban it if it's done outside the country and carried in.

Either way I'm still sending a box of the stuff to my dad's before I leave. I want a lifetime supply.... :)

And Vargak.....YES I so want to see the Reef.... dunno if I'll have the money for it but I'd love to. Depends on how fast I save this $$$ for paramedic school.

Ohh I see.. I have to laugh at that. Of all the unhealthy foods that are allowed, they go after poor little vegemite :lol:

Actually I have a confession to make. I don't eat vegemite, I eat what kiwis grow up on............. marmite :ph34r:

..and it tastes better :ph34r:

Back