Official Celebrity Statements Thread

A "Thriller Night for Bone Thugs-n-Harmony @ Club Nokia Los Angeles
Legendary Rap Group delivers an Epic performance at their "Uni-5" Reunion Celebration live in concert!!!

Legendary Rap Group Bone Thugs-N-Harmony once again sold out their concert @ Club Nokia in Los Angeles. On stage together for the 2nd time in 11 yrs, the newly (Warner Music Group) signed Rap Quintet dedicated their show to the Greatest Entertainer of all time, Michael Jackson!

“The King of Pop is the reason I started rapping,” said Krayzie Bone. "Everybody knows that his influence is what inspired me and my Bone brothers to be different and unique within the industry of music."

Bone Thugs-N-Harmony first released their EP "Creepin on ah Come Up" in 1994 to immediate acceptance by Hip Hop fans all over the world, and have gone on to sell over 50 million records worldwide.

"King MJ showed us the way on how to become an internationally accepted act," said Layzie Bone.

"We celebrated in his honor last night at our reunion show rather than mourn the Music King who brought the world together through his amazing music," said Bizzy Bone.

The rap group initially entered the stage with their traditional edgy image and style, but midway through the show a tasteful wardrobe change in honor of "Mr. Thriller," was well received by a very enthused and excited crowd. They excited crowd as they dedicated their Mega Smash and Grammy award winning song "Crossroads" to the King of Pop. Posters and shirts of the King of Pop were present throughout the newly built Club Nokia.

"We have grown and matured as artists and men. Not only was it an honor to have met Michael Jackson, but it was so humbling when one year when we saw him he told us that we were his favorite Rap group and began to hum a melody to one of our songs. Wow, I will never ever ever ever forget that,” says Wish Bone.

I guess it is true when it is said that music is color blind and is an international language of the people. Bone Thugs-N-Harmony clearly reminds us of the true meaning of music and its affect on the world.

Michael Jackson clearly defines this Fact. "From Lil Michael to the King of Pop, Michael always told us that his music came from GOD and he was just a vessel used to unite all men. GOD sent his only son Jesus to teach us the word and then he sacrificed him on the cross for all of our sins. Well GOD repeated this when he gave us Michael Jackson and now he has brought him home and left us with the messages of love and world change,” says Flesh-N-Bone. "And I'm starting with the man in the mirror!!!”

Bone Thugs-n-Harmony are currently touring & recording their next studio Album "UNI5." It is scheduled for release in late Fall 2009.

Mikey was posting for the first time on twitter last night when the shocking news of Michael Jackson’s death was announced. This is what he had to say:

“I was on twitter last night, when I heard the news that Michael Jackson had died. What a tragic loss to the world of music and another legend no longer with us. No doubt there will be speculation and rumour surrounding his life and death, but no-one can deny that he was a huge influence on popular music. Only last year we performed our own tribute on the boyzone tour and putting that together made us realise the huge contribution that he made and how iconic he had become. RIP King of Pop”

he is from boyzone a irish boyband

A Message From Westlife

Westlife are saddened and shocked at the news of the sudden death of Michael Jackson. He was a huge inspiration to millions of music fans all over the world, including ourselves. He brought to us some of the best music and entertainment ever seen, all of which is in our hearts now for ever. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends, especially his three young children. RIP Michael and thank you.

Westlife

a boy band from ireland

go spike!

even though i was suprised and embarrassed for him when they brought up the bleaching of the skin.

NEVER HAPPENED!!!

Last edited:
Curious if Nas has said anything. He sampled Human Nature for "It Ain't Hard to Tell" on Illmatic. He also said "when I was young, I was a fan of the Jackson 5" on the track "Halftime" also from Illmatic.

Definitely. They've just gained a new fan for life. They loved Michael just as much as any of the fans here.

Can anyone confirm if this is Missy Elliotts real twitter account? http://twitter.com/YaGirlMissy

It seems to be, but it's not verified :unsure:

(As always with twitter, read bottom up)

@MrLabelle1 Im not too sure. I talked to Michaels mother yesterday, his kids are doing well which is great!!!
11:36 AM Jun 27th from web in reply to MrLabelle1

http://bit.ly/3wxJD5 a little something to remember the KING by.
4:34 PM Jun 25th from web

All my prayers go out to his kids and family. As well as the families of Ed and Farrah.
4:24 PM Jun 25th from web

@ganjaboy74 Yes, and I have known him personally for so many years.
4:22 PM Jun 25th from web in reply to ganjaboy74

So many huge names have passed away this week, Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and the now Michale Jackson. R.I.P
4:18 PM Jun 25th from web

I feel like I lost my own brother or a close family member, Ive looked up to him and his siblings since I was a little girl. SHOCKED
4:15 PM Jun 25th from web

R.I.P. Michael Jackson, VERY SAD.
3:34 PM Jun 25th from web

Lawd! After all this time we STILL talking about bleaching his skin? I can understand if the talk is about plastic surgery but bleaching his sking. Dang!!!

John Taylor of Duran Duran (from his blog. Notice the irony towards Madonna! I love that! He's so right, I don't believe her tears to be true)

Oliver Hunt from Manchester asked why there was nothing on our website about MJ. You’re absolutely right Oliver, there ought to be.
But let’s see, what can one say that hasn’t already been said, over and over and over… So Madonna has been in tears? Really.. I’ve not been in tears, but it has been an extremely sad 24 hours.
I was glad we were in rehearsals today for the summer shows and were all able to process our feelings with each other. When I heard the news my first call was Nick, then Roger.
To say he was the greatest entertainer of his generation…Well yes, perhaps he was. He made one of my favourite albums, ‘Off The Wall’, and ‘Thriller’ is pretty fucking amazing and even ‘Bad’ had a renaissance with me a month or so ago.
It’s all terribly sad. The rumours, and the court appearances. It’s been sad and depressing and frustrating for years now. I’ve been so sick of the jokes for years, but this morning? Not for me thanks.
It was a surprise to get the news, but maybe less surprising than if he had turned up at the 02 and rocked the house, played all the songs we wanted to hear and left London in one piece.
His music and his legend will live on. His life is an inspiration to us all but also a caution. I’m very very sorry he’s not with us anymore, but for my Madonna tears I’ll probably have to wait until ‘Rock With You’ catches me unawares one evening, alone on a motorway somewhere.. By then I’ll be really missing him.

Another statement from Jane Fonda. I both like it and not. Hmm.

"Like so many people, I have been in a wash of images and feelings about Michael Jackson. I knew him as well as one could know him during the time before he did “The Whiz” and up through “Thriller.” I couldn’t pretend to understand him. There were so many complicated signals. Did he want me to be his ‘older women’ friend. He gravitated to older women. For solace? Succor? A beard? Did he want me to teach him the ropes? I never could quite figure it out. But I remember one day he was visiting me at my ranch north of Santa Barbara. It was the first time he had been in that region but he must have liked it because later he bought his ranch in that same area. Anyway, as we walked around the ranch which was perched right at the edge of the mountain overlooking Goleta, I pointed to a spot where I told him I wanted to be buried. Michael had a melt down right then and there when he heard this. He shrieked and bent over and said “no, no, no!” “ What’s the matter,” I asked. “Don’t ever talk about your dying,” he answered. “Don’t ever think about it.”

I think about death all the time. I rehearse my death. I think that’s a healthy thing to do. Death, after all, is what gives life meaning the way noise gives meaning to silence. Ooooh, I thought to myself, Michael will have a hard time of it as he ages. He will spend all his energy trying to flee what is inevitable. And now it’s happened. I like the fact that it was quick. Massive heart attacks that you don’t recover from are quick. You don’t know what hit you. That’s probably the kindest death for Michael. It’s hard to imagine him being happy as he aged. One more demon to try and evade. I like to think he’s happy now, free of his demons. Free and floating and knowing how his art continues to be revered and celebrated by all of us all over the world. It will continue."

Here's another celeb:

Dave Navarro: Still sad about Michael... To me, the world feels just a little less magical 12:01 AM Jun 30th from TweetDeck

Annie Lennox:
The world is in shock at the news of Michael Jackson’s sudden passing.

He was a phenomenal musical genius, whose entire life was exposed to the madness and distortion of everything that accompanies exceptional ability and fame.

A World Without Michael Jackson Has A Lot Less Magic In It
Future generations will never know what they missed, Jackson was Bigger Than the Sound.

By James Montgomery

Michael Jackson spent approximately 45 percent of his life as a cherubic, preternaturally gifted, exquisitely Afro-ed kid from Gary, Indiana, and the remaining 55 percent of it as the most famous man on the planet. This probably explains everything about him: his eccentricities (real or imagined), his music, his triumphs and tribulations and, ultimately, his death. Michael Jackson was never a normal person; he never had a normal childhood (his father put him to work in the family business — the Jackson 5 — at the age of 5), and he segued from that directly into an exceedingly abnormal adulthood, one spent directly beneath the megawatt glare of the spotlight. He lived — and died — smothered by fame.

I'm not writing this to eulogize Jackson, or to explain away the things he may or may not have done. I'm just pointing out the fact that he lived a fairly isolated, probably lonely life.

Which that brings me to the point of this column. Even if, for most of the past two decades, Jackson seemed to exist solely for the pleasure of the tabloids, at least he was alive. There was a sort of comfort in knowing that the guy who made Thriller (and Off the Wall and Bad) was still with us. It seemed like he would never die — that in some bizarre way he was immortal, a living bridge between pop music's past and present. He was a beacon of permanence in increasingly un-permanent times.

Of course, that all ended last week. Which means that, for the first time in nearly four decades, there will be kids who grow up without ever knowing what it's like to have Michael Jackson in their lives. This is amazing when you think about it, not to mention a little sad and frightening.

Because what happens now that the King of Pop is dead? Who will amaze, enthrall, and engage the next generation of music fans now that he's gone? Who will make the 18-minute music videos, or stage the mega-tours, or release the concert films that will melt these kids' minds? Who will write the pop tunes that will make them laugh and cry and fall in love? Who will have them aping dance moves on the linoleum floors of their kitchens, or putting on ridiculous sparkly gloves for Halloween? Sure, some people will — but they won't be like Michael Jackson.

Jackson's death has left a gaping, generation-sized hole in the entertainment world, one that — as I'm sure they'd agree — a hundred Justins or Britneys or Jiggas or Kanyes will never fill. That's the reality of the situation. We've witnessed the end of something here; something we probably won't be able to comprehend anytime soon.

One of my best friends and his wife just had a baby boy, seven pounds of awesome named Carlos Antonio Ortiz. So far, Little 'Los has had a pretty excellent life, except for the part where MJ died. He is only three weeks old, so I haven't had the heart to tell him this yet, but for the rest of his life, he will exist in a world without Michael Jackson, which is to say that it's basically all downhill from here. Sure, he will have heroes, people he will emulate and idolize, but none of them will be able to do the Moonwalk, not even his dad. No offense, Jason.

And the sad thing is, there are millions of Carloses out there now. More are born every minute. And sure, their mothers and fathers will probably play them Michael Jackson's music, will try to explain to them who this man was and what he meant to the world. But it won't be the same, not for any of them, because they won't have a reference point, they won't have the real thing. Jackson now will exist only in stories and videos and recorded music.

Sure, there will undoubtedly be more Michael Jackson albums in the future. Unreleased songs and demos, the recordings of rehearsals for his upcoming run of shows at London's O2 Arena, posthumous releases that won't have one one-hundredth of the heart and soul of "She's Out of My Life" or "Black or White." It's entirely possible that these "new" releases will introduce a whole new generation of fans to his music, and that, in death, Michael Jackson will become even more famous. Though I somehow doubt that. For starters, I don't think it's even possible to be more famous that MJ is/was. And, perhaps more importantly, because there's nothing like the genuine article. And there never will be again.

Of course, you'll have to take my word for it, Carlos, but trust me: Michael Jackson was unreal. You'll never know what you missed.

By Shaheem Reid

I can't lie: Two days after Michael Jackson died, I had one real good cry. Ironically, June 27 is my birthday, and no, my eyes didn't swell up because I was sad about getting older — after losing family members, I wholeheartedly feel grateful every time another year comes around. The waterworks opened up because after two days, it hit me like a hard smack to the face: Michael Jackson is gone. The greatest, most captivating performer of all time is dead. Since I could remember, there hasn't been a day when MJ wasn't a part of my life.

Obviously you don't talk about Michael Jackson every single day, but Mike was omnipresent. Record or no record, he's been in our lives. Besides "Rapper's Delight," "Beat It" was the first video I ever remember seeing — I think it came on "Solid Gold" one night. The video had such major impact on me. It was the most captivating thing I had ever seen. Even though I was still single digits in age and hadn't seen much, MJ was my favorite and has remained so all these years later. I can also remember sneaking in my cousin Yvette's room to watch the video for "Billie Jean," which aired past my bedtime. The video was so dope, I ran down the stairs and started dancing. MJ was breathtaking for kids, adults and everyone worldwide.

Michael's death was surprising — everyone was in a state of shock, and as we here at MTV News worked to compile two specials to celebrate the life and legacy of Jackson, Mixtape Daily went on a short hiatus. But we're back today and ready to continue the celebration of Jackson's life and work. Two talented producers, Cookin' Soul, checked in from the studio and showed us how they laid it down on their Tribute to the King mash-up mixtape.
--------------------------------------

I read other artists statements that haven't been posted here were they, basically, said that Jackson was the greatest of all time...it's somewhere on MTV.com.

The Contemporary Christ

Artist Jeff Koons pays tribute to ‘spiritual authority’ Michael Jackson

Jul 01 2009 21:40 hrs IST
By Farah Nayeri
Jeff Koons has turned London’s Serpentine Gallery into a menagerie. The 54-year-old artist shows inflatable lobsters, turtles and dolphins (made of polychromed aluminum) in his first exhibition at a UK public gallery, ‘Jeff Koons: Popeye Series’ (which starts on Thursday and runs through September 13).
Absent from this children’s kingdom is his 1988 white-and-gold ceramic sculpture “Michael Jackson and Bubbles,” which portrays the smiling superstar with an arm around his pet chimpanzee. Jackson died June 25 after suffering cardiac arrest at his home in the Los Angeles suburb of Bel Air.
“I wanted to show Michael as a contemporary Christ figure: I wanted to give the viewer a sense of a spiritual authority,” says the soft-spoken Koons, wearing a gray summer suit and a serious expression in an interview at the gallery.
Koons intended the sculpture as a way of “paying homage to the greatness,” he says. He had watched Jackson moonwalk, and “everybody’s jaw just dropped, seeing that.”
“The type of adulation, the type of support that’s given to pop artists — this was the contemporary type of support that I thought that Christ would have received in his time,” explains Koons, who says he executed the sculpture in a Renaissance style, its triangular shape reminiscent of Michelangelo’s “Pieta.”
Koons became the world’s most expensive living artist in November 2007 when his sculpture “Hanging Heart (Magenta/Gold)” (1994-2006) fetched $23.6 million at auction in New York. He has been overtaken since by Lucian Freud.
Contemporary-art values have tumbled in the last year, with average auction prices down 76.2 per cent since May 2008, according to London-based ArtTactic in a May report. Another version of Koons’s “Hanging Heart” was sold privately this year for $11 million, less than half the 2006 price.
Koons appears to take the slump in stride. “I don’t think about it: I’m sure that on some level that’s probably true,” he says of his diminishing net worth. It all evens out in the end, he says, because “if everything’s going up, everything’s getting expensive, too.”
Less costly artworks, says the avid collector, mean “I’m buying.” He just purchased the early-17th-century painting “Adam and Eve” by the French rococo painter Francois Le Moyne.
The painting was sold for 1.3 million euros ($1.83 million) on June 24 at Sotheby’s in Paris, four times the top estimate, according to the auction house’s web site.
Ultimately, art is “what moves me and enhances my belief in life,” says the artist. He feels ready to move on from the “Popeye Series,” which took several years to produce, as his works often do. Now, he is “much more involved in a dialogue that really spans a greater depth of human history.”
At that, he rushes off to pose for photographers before a steel dolphin.

http://www.mydigitalfc.com/art-and-culture/contemporary-christ-134

Legoland to memorialize Michael Jackson as Lego figure
Michael Jackson, who won 13 Grammy Awards, sold more than 750 million records and was inducted into Cleveland’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, will soon be immortalized in plastic as a Lego figure at Legoland California.
The 4-inch-tall ***** Lego — complete with a single white glove and red leather jacket — will be added to the Southern California section of Miniland, a panoramic tableau rendered completely in Legos. Starting Thursday, the mini-MJ can be seen at Legoland exiting a limousine in front of Holllywood’s Grauman’s Chinese Theatre amid paparazzi and fans under a marquee that reads “Thriller.”
The Lego version of the King of Pop will join two other celebrities commemorated at the Carlsbad kiddie park: Lego Barack Obama and Lego Elvis Presley.
No word yet on a Lego Neverland Ranch.

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/lego-michael-jackson-4793/

Last edited:
Yoko Ono.

""With his enormous talent, Michael kept giving us power, inspiration and joy.
Yet he knew that the world was not kind to him for many reasons,
some of it going right back to racism.

That must have been so hard for him.
His various attempts to be loved by the world equaled the pain he received from it.

Michael, now you are free from all that.
Rest well in Peace.
We will always remember you and love you for what you were to us.

With love,
Yoko Ono Lennon
June, 2009""

http://imaginepeace.com/news/archives/7344

On the Time website, 20 celebs have written about Michael and what it was like to know him/work with him. I recommend reading all of them, they're all pretty interesting! :D

http://www.time.com/time/specials/michael-jackson/article/0,31682,1907409_1907413_1907488,00.html

Celebs:

Kobe Bryant
Kim Carnes
JC Chasez
Deepak Chopra :)puke: )
Don Cornelius
Sheryl Crow
Carson Daly
Jeffrey Daniel
Clive Davis
Frank Gaston Jr.
Bob Geldof :)smilerolleyes: )
Berry Gordy
Anjelica Huston
Ice-T
Quincy Jones
Lenny Kravitz
John Mayer
Donald Trump
Usher
Stevie Wonder

Funny quote from ice-t .."One of my friends said, No matter how tough you are, Michael Jackson will have the biggest gangster in the front row screaming like a bitch at his concert." :lol:

Back