Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

I have said it before and sadly I am confirmed!
I tried to warn some people in here that are constantly arguing about fake non fake and all these stupid theories not to be disappointed if "Michael" doesn't reach #1 in a few countries! Sony isn't the only one to blame but we can take a portion of the blame as well. What did we expect from the general public, when they hear that Michael's own fans boycott the album and when a very big part of the critics focus on the argument between the fans, the Jackson members etc. This is ridiculous and for the first time in Michael's career, his album won't reach #1!
Congrats on all of us, the Jackson members and the controversy! We did it again!

that's true. the album was released in Russia yesterday, and the press and TV news are for the most part focused on the vocals scandal. And all my non-MJ fans friends who are curious about the album keep asking me if the vocals are really fake. That's a really sad situation! Because the album is amazing and those people who chose to ignore it are missing out A LOT

^ It's looking better and better! Only Ireland and Portugal still need to wake up it seems. Michael #1 everywhere please :praying:

I have said it before and sadly I am confirmed!
I tried to warn some people in here that are constantly arguing about fake non fake and all these stupid theories not to be disappointed if "Michael" doesn't reach #1 in a few countries! Sony isn't the only one to blame but we can take a portion of the blame as well. What did we expect from the general public, when they hear that Michael's own fans boycott the album and when a very big part of the critics focus on the argument between the fans, the Jackson members etc. This is ridiculous and for the first time in Michael's career, his album won't reach #1!
Congrats on all of us, the Jackson members and the controversy! We did it again!

that's true. the album was released in Russia yesterday, and the press and TV news are for the most part focused on the vocals scandal. And all my non-MJ fans friends who are curious about the album keep asking me if the vocals are really fake. That's a really sad situation! Because the album is amazing and those people who chose to ignore it are missing out A LOT

It is sad, I agree, but the truth is, the fans are not responsible for putting "Questionable" songs onto a Michael Jackson album..Sony and the Estate are. So if your going to blame anyone for something, then blame Sony+Estate for choosing songs that would make people go "This doesn't sound like him." ...Anyhow, I'm gonna be buying CD copy today, hope it does well in Canada :D

How it is possible Take That would be selling twice as much as Michael? I don't get it. Is Take That selling so much digitally or what?

It is sad, I agree, but the truth is, the fans are not responsible for putting "Questionable" songs onto a Michael Jackson album..Sony and the Estate are. So if your going to blame anyone for something, then blame Sony+Estate for choosing songs that would make people go "This doesn't sound like him." ...Anyhow, I'm gonna be buying CD copy today, hope it does well in Canada :D

Sony isn't the only one to blame but we can take a portion of the blame as well.
Everybody is to blame. We can't always blame the others and get away from our own wrong goings!

"Michael" will be released in Japan tomorrow!

It's because it's not released in Japan yet but tomorrow. That must be wrong Take That would be so much ahead in UK? Michael has been selling more on iTunes also and is currently ahead of them. It's on many charts ahead so I don't get it..

What charts are all of you looking at? The one I'm looking at never seems to update..

Everybody is to blame. We can't always blame the others and get away from our own wrong goings!

Well I respect your opinion athina..but I don't agree that everybody is to blame :huggy:

How it is possible Take That would be selling twice as much as Michael? I don't get it. Is Take That selling so much digitally or what?

They are the 'media darlings' in the UK - you would not believe the free, prime-time, publicity they get.

They do f*** all in America though! (wink)

When I say everybody I mean Sony, some Jackson members and the fans of course. We should be united but instead we are ready to take out swords and kill each other so as to say! That's not healthy and not right either for Michael or for us! :better:

well, I can't blame Sone and Estate for that because to me those songs do sound like Michael. and if some people question those wonderful songs, I see that as those people's problem and I don't understand why the rest of the fans should be deprived of these great songs, just because some fans don't like them for whatever reasons.

When I say everybody I mean Sony, some Jackson members and the fans of course. We should be united but instead we are ready to take out swords and kill each other so as to say! That's not healthy and not right either for Michael or for us! :better:

I know :huggy:

well, I can't blame Sone and Estate for that because to me those songs do sound like Michael. and if some people question those wonderful songs, I see that as those people's problem and I don't understand why the rest of the fans should be deprived of these great songs, just because some fans don't like them for whatever reasons.

Well, to me unless something comes up that says it's not him, like in court or something (which I don't think we will be seeing)...Then I have no choice but to believe those 3 songs are him..but I agree with you, the songs are great :yes:

I also respect your opinion. But, fans are not the one who decided to put over-processed demos onto the album. I never think fans should blindly accept everything with the name "Michael Jackson" on it. As Matty Jam said before, we have more respect in Michael and his music.

Also, could we just calm down for a moment? This album is a POSTHUMOUS album, not a Michael Jackson album. To compare it with Michael's legendary catalog is not doing Michael's work justice. If it doesn't reach #1, so be it. The momentum, of course, is higher on other living artists' album.

Accept the album for what it is. It is an enjoyable album; however, it's not an album that inspires millions and ignites the world.

This Is It did really well last year largely due to the theartrical release. The film moved people. People were touched and wanted to relive the moment that they experience in the theatre; hence, they went to buy the album and the DVD.

Anyway, it's really too premature to determine whether this album is a hit or miss yet. For goodness sake, it's not out in the U.S. for a full day.

i think in the world needs to properly hear hollywood 2nite asap,and get dancing, the diff tht song would make to ppl to go out and buy the album

Danish iTunes chart

Michael is #1
HMH moved up to #15 (40 yesterday)

How can HMH jump up and down so much ?

Danish iTunes chart

Michael is #1

I think that is a sign of a great song. Because it won't fall. I think it means someone tells about it to others and they rush to buy it. Singles if great use to rise when enough people know about them. There's some kind of a line how much people you need. That way it starts to promote itself.

I think that is a sign of a great song. Because it won't fall. I think it means someone tells about it to others and they rush to buy it. Singles if great use to rise when enough people know about them. There's some kind of a line how much people you need. That way it starts to promote itself.

This is a good point.

Long term sales and 'word of mouth' are vital for the enduring success of any single and album.

Good call Topflux!

i think in the world needs to properly hear hollywood 2nite asap,and get dancing, the diff tht song would make to ppl to go out and buy the album

Totally agreed....I've heard a few casual and non-fans say they LOVE HT from hearing that small part on Ellen...

Danish iTunes chart

Michael is #1

It is because there are two Hold My Hand on the chart! The one is album version and the one is single version(although there is no difference to those two songs).

One question.

Michael is not #1 in US yet - do you really think he will reach #1 in the US?

One question.

Michael is not #1 in US yet - do you really think he will reach #1 in the US?

smooth05 has 'guaranteed' it on many occasions! It can not fail. (wink)

deano, what does (wink) means? :) I've noticed you write it often, and I do not know what it means. English is not my first language. :)

And - I really hope Michael goes #1. - Would be great. And that would really make MJ happy and proud.

Back