Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

dont worry guys, when the better uptempo singles come out, the album will reach more ppl, but we all really want it to get number1 status from the get go lol

deano, what does (wink) means? :) I've noticed you write it often, and I do not know what it means. English is not my first language. :)

And - I really hope Michael goes #1. - Would be great. And that would really make MJ happy and proud.

Hess, I wouldn't have guessed from your posts that English isn't your first language. You write better then a lot of British born people I work with.

'Technically' Michael has been a long time #1 on UK iTunes because it's not surprising that Now-collection sells because it contains like 85 X-mas tracks or something like that, for 10 pounds only. :lol:

Hess, I wouldn't have guessed from your posts that English isn't your first language. You write better then a lot of British born people I work with.

Thank you very much. I do speak and write the language ok, but there are some terms and expressions I do not understand - but you learn every day. :)

One question.

Michael is not #1 in US yet - do you really think he will reach #1 in the US?

Well if we can trust the rumours the pre-orders have been massive. Pre-orders count to the first weeks chart.

deano, what does (wink) means? :) I've noticed you write it often, and I do not know what it means. English is not my first language. :)

And - I really hope Michael goes #1. - Would be great. And that would really make MJ happy and proud.

See above for 'wink'. It means ;-)

By the way, your English is excellent!

Well if we can trust the rumours the pre-orders have been massive. Pre-orders count to the first weeks chart.

I hope it's true. Will be exiting to get the actual first week sales.

See above for 'wink'. It means ;-)

By the way, your English is excellent!

Ok. :)

And thank you very much, I do my best. (wink)

:lol:

on the danish site of CDWOW

Take That is #1

BUT - Michael has moved up to #2 now.

On the UK site of CDWOW

Take That is #1

And Michael is only #10.

Never heard that. Where did that information come from?

Not good news in Canada... the album has yet to crack the Top 10 for our i-tunes chart. When This Is It CD hit i-tunes it was #1 on both Canadian and US i-tunes the day of release. And for some reason, there are no advertisements on the Canadian i-tunes? An absurd move considering the album is out today! There should be big banners on i-tunes. At least the US i-tunes has advertisement.

Even Amazon charts are lower compared to This Is It. (in both Canada and the US) I think Sony's estimate of 400,000 in the US is too high. I'm betting for 200,000 to 250,000 personally which would jeopardize it's chance at #1. The album is also tanking in the UK with first day sales of only 10,000 (lower than This Is It). Not good at all....

Smooth, how do you come up with these estimates?

To me it makes no sense for you to go from 400K to 200-250K. It just doesn't sound right. Unless Sony dropped the ball. Chart maybe lower, but sales are more important this time of the year than in October, when TII was released last year.

:doh: I called these guestimates...they are not based on trend or hard analysis.

Last edited:
And Take That is #7 and Rihanna #8. I just don't understand where it came those two are selling more than Michael and Take That like twice as much. It just can't be true because Michael is almost everywhere higher.

Take That and Rihanna are selling big on the back of their weekend star appearances on X Factor.

Even Roger F is worried about US ''Michael'' 1st day sales

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Jackson’s New Album Zooms to Number… Five?
Michael Jackson’s new “Michael” album was officially released today. It immediately zoomed up the charts to number…five.

Wow: checking out the amazon and ITunes charts this morning, “Michael” is in the fifth place on both lists. On amazon he’s being held back by Taylor Swift, Glee, Susan Boyle, and today’s low priced Mariah Carey special.

Over on ITunes, Jackson is stymied also by Glee, as well as by R. Kelly, Mumford and Sons, and the “Tron” soundtrack.

What gives? Last night at Roseland, Jackson fans turned out in droves for an album launch party, Entry was free. Upstairs in a private section, Jackson executor John Branca, manager Frank DiLeo, execs from Sony, writer-producer Eddie Cascio, brother Frank and their dad, plus Akon all partied–glad that “Michael” is finally out.

But now the trick is to overcome the weird, incorrect impression that vocals on the album aren’t Michael’s. They are. And to get a hit single going. After the Akon track, “Hold My Hand,” expect to hear “Monster” with 50 Cent hit the airwaves.

http://www.showbiz411.com/2010/12/1...s-to-number-five/comment-page-1#comment-34115

So Friedman thinks Monster will be next single?

Bad choice BTW.

Some fans think it's "fake" so they wont buy.

Better go with HT, BTM or AD first. Monster could be released as 6th single.

WHERE THE EFF IS THE PROMOTION!?!??!

im staring to get really angry its finally dec 14th and thiers stil barely ANY ADVERTISEMENT!!! how the hell is take that and glee atop of Michael? this is absolute bullsh*t!! Sony dosent understand that if this album is considered a flop , the whole 250 million dollar deal was a complete waste because any future releases will be dismissed as "flop" because of poor sales on "Michael". what has this world come to my god , i wish michael were here :( they really fuc*ed with his legacy now.

Bad choice BTW.

Some fans think it's "fake" so they wont buy.

Better go with HT, BTM or AD first. Monster could be released as 6th single.

That's what I think as well.
It's not just fans though. Monster was played on the radio here last week and random listeners stated their doubts about the vocals too.
I just don't think it would be worth the gamble but I guess since 50 cent is on it that would be a reason they want to release it.
Personally I think Behind the mask would be a better choice.

First UK is probably flop now US .... so sad
Next week media will make a huge buzz that "Michael" didn't sell well...

Canada Update :

itunes

HMH #17
MICHAEL #2

Amazon

MICHAEL #23

I bought it today at my local store, it has a big presentation case, with a lot of publicity, final I could help michael in the charts lol.

First UK is probably flop now US .... so sad
Next week media will make a huge buzz that "Michael" didn't sell well...

It just came out yesterday in the UK and today in N. America, you are acting no different then the media, give it time.:smilerolleyes:

It's currently #2 on iTunes Canada and HMH is at #17 There is also an ad on the main page.

People need to stop being so dramatic. The album is in no way a flop! Tomorrow we'll get the numbers from HitsDailyDouble and we'll know if it has a chance for the #1 spot in the US. The album just came out today and folks are already labeling it a flop. Give it a chance, will ya?

It just came out yesterday in the UK and today in N. America, you are acting no different then the media, give it time.:smilerolleyes:

It's currently #2 on iTunes Canada and HMH is at #17 There is also an ad on the main page.

I hope that I'm wrong - But commparing to This is It which hit #1 almost everywhere - "Michael's" current result isn't brilliant and I'm just afraid to hear bad news......

People have mis-understood me:

I did not make up the 400,000 estimate... That was Sony. It was quoted by Sony in official Billboard articles two weeks ago.

The 250,000 estimate was my OWN PERSONAL guess based on reception and numbers coming in.

I have not heard from Sony as to what the new projections are for the US. We will know tomorrow from Hits Daily Double.

I did not make up the 400,000 estimate... That was Sony. It was quoted by Sony in official Billboard articles two weeks ago.

The 250,000 estimate was my OWN PERSONAL guess based on reception and numbers coming in.

I have not heard from Sony as to what the new projections are for the US. We will know tomorrow from Hits Daily Double.

Im waiting Hit daily Double anxiously

From stores or Itunes & Amazon solely?

I think "Michael" was expected to do 15% of all sales through itunes. So, unless you are getting stores information, you are disregarding 85% of its sale.

"Michael" is now #4 on itunes & Amazon.

I would expect sale to go up a bit after today's Oprah, if Sony bought some ad time.

What we are relying on here is in-store purchase power. Amazon and I-Tunes sales are LOWER than This Is It which indicates it will perform lower.

I have no numbers from retail at this point (today is the first day where it hits shelves). The first hint comes tomorrow afternoon from Hits Daily Double.

People need to stop being so dramatic. The album is in no way a flop! Tomorrow we'll get the numbers from HitsDailyDouble and we'll know if it has a chance for the #1 spot in the US. The album just came out today and folks are already labeling it a flop. Give it a chance, will ya?

Yeah. And people shouldn't stare too much those charts on different sites because they count sales differently. Some chart periods can start already before (and sometimes way before) Michael's release so it's obvious some older albums are higher. There are very little "daily charts" or something like that because that's not even important. And if there is a chart counting previous seven days Michael hasn't been even out most of that time. Also "best seller" charts have nothing to do with Michael's success because they can be like from the month period or at least longer than just a week. Michael can't be a best seller if it's just a moment ago released, you see?

Back