Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

OFFICIAL CHARTING

France #5 (26,689 physical
1,850 downloads = 28539 copies) ----------- 2 DAYS charting only !

Brazil:
30k shipped (GOLD)

Does this mean that MICHAEL is currently at #5 in France after two days? That doesn't seem that great. I was hoping he'd be #1 on the first day of sales. Can you explain what this means, I'm confused

stayeduptolate21;3137145 said:
breaking news #MICHAEL JACKSON HAS JUST BEEN CERTIFIED PLATINUM IN OVER 10 COUNTRIES WORLD WIDE AFTER 2 DAYS OF RELEASE! JUST WENT GOLD IN BRAZIL IN 1DAY” holy cow ladies and gent michael is number 1 again!

I already bought mine.
Gold in Brazil?? :clapping:

Last edited:
I bought it from iTunes and the physical copy from Target. It's at #2 in the USA still. R. Kelly is #1!

The "fans" are still giving one star reviews, saying it's not Michael, and true fans would know that. They don't even specify what songs anymore, just the whole thing, I guess. I tried to rate and leave another review, but it wouldn't let me.

Does this mean that MICHAEL is currently at #5 in France after two days? That doesn't seem that great. I was hoping he'd be #1 on the first day of sales. Can you explain what this means, I'm confused
Last week (december 5-11) in France "Michael" was fifth best selling album. That's very good result because it's based on 2 day sale (friday+saturday). Just to clear things up, BEP is #2 with 35k (physical copies) and that's 7 day sale and like Calotte12 wrote "Michael" sold almost 27k physical copies in two days.

It looks like the boycott people have been buying the album just because of its success. It's selling like nuts. I predict huge numbers in US.

It looks like the boycott people have been buying the album just because of its success. It's selling like nuts. I predict huge numbers in US.

Actually there have been 'boycott' people All Over The World,Not just the USA.

Last edited:

Hello guys,

it's #5 for the last weekly french album chart which counts sales from sunday 8th to saturday 11th.
The album has been released on Friday 10th there.

It's going to be #1 on the next week album chart.

Last edited:
breaking news #MICHAEL JACKSON HAS JUST BEEN CERTIFIED PLATINUM IN OVER 10 COUNTRIES WORLD WIDE AFTER 2 DAYS OF RELEASE! JUST WENT GOLD IN BRAZIL IN 1DAY” holy cow ladies and gent michael is number 1 again!

Where did you read this?

Please post the source.

FOUND THis on the mj thread on lipstick allen ..this was after a day of release so they have definitely sold more by now

Michael album certifications so far

Netherlands 30.000 Gold
South Korea 10.000 platinum
Singapore 10.000 platinum
Taiwan 10.000 platinum
Thailand 10.000 platinum

oh and i found it herehttp://www.lipstickalley.com/f227/michael-album-announcement-263941/index23.html

:bugeyed :doh: :unsure::clapping::D :wild:

Sold out on WalMart Online

208328495.png

Sold out on WalMart Online

208328495.png

Hmmmmm..I'd be suspicious about that.

They probably haven stocked the CD yet.

Many Wal-Mart did not have the CD yesterday, because for reasons known only to Wal-Mart, they stock the new releases either on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I don't think the CD is sold out online.

The "fans" are still giving one star reviews, saying it's not Michael, and true fans would know that. They don't even specify what songs anymore, just the whole thing, I guess. I tried to rate and leave another review, but it wouldn't let me.

I don't understand why you guys are worried about such childish nonsense. "Michael" has not 1052 reviews for an average of 4 1/2 stars...yet you are worrying about a couple of folks leaving 1 star review ???

Ooookkkk...put things into perspective for a moment.

I thought you were pretty 'clued up' when it came to charts smooth05!? What's going on lately?

I'm seriously starting to worry about your predictions now, as you seem less and less sure of things. What are your Sony sources saying about sales at the moment?

Hello guys,

it's #5 for the last weekly french album chart which counts sales from sunday 8th to saturday 11th.
The album has been released on Friday 10th there.

It's going to be #1 on the next week album chart.

I'm french and i can certify that it won't !

at the very best, it will be number 3

really?!!

Michael's big 'physical', 'pick me up in store', sales will come this Saturday. The other artists have had there 'big Saturdays' before. There is hope for #2 yet!

Michael's big 'physical', 'pick me up in store', sales will come this Saturday. The other artists have had there 'big Saturdays' before. There is hope for #2 yet!

I hope so!!!

But if somebody give us UK Mid Week charts we need also the source and maybe some numbers?

I thought you were pretty 'clued up' when it came to charts smooth05!? What's going on lately?

I'm seriously starting to worry about your predictions now, as you seem less and less sure of things. What are your Sony sources saying about sales at the moment?

I needed clarification as the original post was confusing. I didn't realize those numbers were for the last week.

Anyways, the last I've heard from Sony was that MICHAEL should debut at #1 in the US with 400,000 copies sold. UK sales were expected to be in the 130,000 to 150,000 range but it appears like sales will struggle to hit 100,000 (simply due to lack of promotion)... if you're not on X Factor you can't be #1 in that country. So it looks like a #3 debut there as of right now.

:yes:
I hope so!!!

But if somebody give us UK Mid Week charts we need also the source and maybe some numbers?

source for midweeks in music week magazine. a trade publication in the uk. u can go on thier website and it has all the details on there.

Back