Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

Why the obsession with sales? Is this affecting you from enjoying the album? I can understand if your a teenager, and still in to voting for the top 9 at 9 countdowns on every single radio station. But as a adult, and considering MJ has passed away, just enjoy what he has given you throught the last couple of decades. Cmon i would hope your not in your mid 20's or 30's still obsessing over jo jo top 9 at 9 on Kissfm.

The "this is it" movie, and album did great, along with MJ having multiple albums in the top 10 last year at one time. The video game is doing well.

Just enjoy the legacy. Also it's hard for older artist to get the same radio airplay on pop radio stations, because they prefer younger artist which relates to the younger audience of listeners. This is why Sony released Butterflies in 2002 because it related to Urban radio which supports MJ's songs if they are hot.

To be honest "I Like The Way You Love Me" is probably the song most suited for Urban radio

OK. I Have to admit i'm one of the ones who is really disappointed with the sales. I guess during the lead up to the album release i imagined MJ MANIA all over again. I thought finally i'd be old enough to experience MJ take over the world musically again.
so yes i hate this at the moment.
but i've read u guy's comments saying to 'chill' and i think i need to take ur advice.
its true. nothing can change mj's legacy now. its set in stone. thanks guys
i love the album. that's what should count right?
ok. i'm gonna relax now.
LONG LIVE THE KING

At least we have some good news that it seems we will get a second single to push the album back up the charts!!

Hollywood Tonight is looking as the choice & could be released next week.

It is urgently needed, 'Michael' has dropped out of the UK Top 40 in the Midweek chart!!!!!

Chart run in UK

Week 1 - Number 4
Week 2 - Number 5
Week 3 - Number 30
Week 4 - (Midweek) Number 40+

How is it managing to chart higher in so many other countries, do they have more promo???

How is it managing to chart higher in so many other countries, do they have more promo???

Beacause the airplay is good, #2 in Germany, Top 5 or top 10 in ITALY, SPAIN, SWEDEN, AUSTRIA and rising in CZECH REPUBLIC.

GREECE

new peak for MICHAEL

Chart Run 8-9-7-

AUSTRIA

Chart Run 1-x-3-

SPAIN

Chart Run 7-2-2-4-

CZECH REPUBLIC

Chart Run 6-x-6-

x : chart no published beacause of holidays

http://www.ifpi.gr/chart01.htm

http://www.ifpicr.cz/

http://promusicae.org/espanol.html

http://charts.orf.at/oe3/longplay/

Thanks, but When you say airplay is good, are you saying that because they are playing HMH constantly that song is keeping the album selling or are they playing all songs from the album to promote it?

Beacause the airplay is good, #2 in Germany, Top 5 or top 10 in ITALY, SPAIN, SWEDEN, AUSTRIA and rising in CZECH REPUBLIC.

GREECE

new peak for MICHAEL

Chart Run 8-9-7-

AUSTRIA

Chart Run 1-x-3-

SPAIN

Chart Run 7-2-2-4-

CZECH REPUBLIC

Chart Run 6-x-6-

x : chart no published beacause of holidays

http://www.ifpi.gr/chart01.htm

http://www.ifpicr.cz/

http://promusicae.org/espanol.html

http://charts.orf.at/oe3/longplay/

I read about info on sony being ready to release the second single; what about them getting more serious about promo, any insight on that..?

the sales will drop a little because of the trial, but with the second single played on the radio thing will look very good again:) and the sales are important but the most important is enjoyng the album!

Thats right fans just enjoy this album :) Now i can tell ya it wont be good as if mj were here of course but its miles better than the s*** we here today, i'll tell ya that.

Why is everyone dissapointed?

The album is selling very good. Many people don't even know there is a new album.
Hold my hand is not very well known and the song is more akon then MJ...

Next single will do much!

And many people talk about the album selling not so much with the cassio tracks, but that doens't really matter. I think many of you are spending to much time on forums cause none of the peolpe i talked too (friends, family, ... ) NOBODY knew of any controversy .... so i think the impact of this is overexaggarated

I have to agree with Vlens... even my relatives were not aware of the new album. (and now they do, they all seem to like the music alot!). The controversy is mainly done for/by/to the fans.

I don't understand this old way of thinking.

In the United World Global chart

"Michael" in no.2 in the 2nd week, with 502k sold AND

no.21 in the year-end chart with 1,2mio sold in one week WW.

Hold My hand is no.17 in it's 5th week.

thats what counts, not the Us or Uk with their lame sales and chart hiters.

It's about the world. that shows how good or bad the album is doing. the individual country charts show where and how much Michael is still popular, nothing more.

I don't understand this old way of thinking.

In the United World Global chart

"Michael" in no.2 in the 2nd week, with 502k sold AND

no.21 in the year-end chart with 1,2mio sold in one week WW.

Hold My hand is no.17 in it's 5th week.

thats what counts, not the Us or Uk with their lame sales and chart hiters.

It's about the world. that shows how good or bad the album is doing. the individual country charts show where and how much Michael is still popular, nothing more.

Mannn! If I knew where u lived, I'd come and hug you... I Sooo Agree. Its been really annoying that ppl. only count the sales of the US, and Europe ONLY! And not Africa (Most people there is a fan, believe me I know)!, Asia, South America, India...etc etc etc... And those countries dont count why?

I'm sure Mike has sold over 1.5 over all. The album was NOT released at the same time in all places... That was also a disadvantage but at the same time, it something that happens. Michael is the most Loved person around the world...

Now tell me this, what's Taylor Swift's sales (Fame) in the UK...or even Take That's sales (Fame) in the US! Then compare it to Michael's around the world... ;)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

MICHAEL remains at #2 on the global chart this week, selling 177,000 copies. Total copies sold according to Media Traffic are 1.4 million (actual sales according to Sony's official count are actually 1.7 million).

Meanwhile, on the year end charts globally... THIS IS IT was the 32nd largest selling album shifting 1.2 million albums. MICHAEL scored #29, selling 1.25 million. In total, Michael Jackson sold 5.3 million albums (down from 33 million in 2009).

www.mediatraffic.de

On another note, Michael Jackson sold over 16 million DVD's globally in 2010 led by This Is It (12.5 million), Live In Bucharest (.5 mil), Number Ones (1 mil), Visions (1 mil), and others (1 mil)

Last edited:
Sony is saying 1.7 million sold and they shipped 3.2 million? I think that sounds good because the album hasn't been out for a whole month yet. #2 in the world sounds good too. I am trying to be positive here.

Visions selling 1 million is good too and This is It too.

Last edited:
MICHAEL remains at #2 on the global chart this week, selling 177,000 copies. Total copies sold according to Media Traffic are 1.4 million (actual sales according to Sony's official count are actually 1.7 million).

Meanwhile, on the year end charts globally... THIS IS IT was the 32nd largest selling album shifting 1.2 million albums. MICHAEL scored #29, selling 1.25 million. In total, Michael Jackson sold 5.3 million albums (down from 33 million in 2009).

www.mediatraffic.de

On another note, Michael Jackson sold over 16 million DVD's globally in 2010 led by This Is It (12.5 million), Live In Bucharest (.5 mil), Number Ones (1 mil), Visions (1 mil), and others (1 mil)

Some great news there Smooth - especially the amazing DVD sales!!

'Michael' being at #29 is also pretty good, considering that it's based on only 2 weeks sales.

Do you have any idea where MJ stands in the 'Top Selling Artists - Total Worldwide Albums - of 2010'? With 5.3 million I would guess he's in the 'Top 5'?

TOP 10 BEST SELLING ACTS GLOBALLY FOR 2010: (Album sales only)

1) Lady Gaga= 6,000,000

2) Eminem= 5,900,000

3) Justin Bieber= 5,750,000

4) Michael Jackson= 5,300,000

5) Susan Boyle= 5,250,000

6) Taylor Swift= 5,000,000

7) Black Eyed Peas= 4,600,000

8) Rihanna= 4,200,000

9) The Beatles= 3,900,000

10) Lady Antebellum= 3,800,000

^
Hey deano, i don't think thats correct.

Official charts @ viva state that 'MICHAEL' is at Nr. 3 (third week, run: 1, 2, 3).
HMH is again at Nr. 10 (4th week, run: 18, 7, 10, 10).

You can call it a real success in Germany. Number 1 Album (three weeks in Top 3), solid Top 10 Single (peaking @ 7, than 2 weeks @ 10).
We don't have promotion here either. Only i'm told that HMH is played quite often on radio. I don't listen much radio, so i can't tell.

And if after 2 to 3 weeks half of all shipped Albums are sold, i think thats great. Given all circumstances.

I think the estate does a very good job and i'm looking forward to everyone of the coming releases.

Best wishes to you all.

1) Lady Gaga= 6,000,000

2) Eminem= 5,900,000

8) Rihanna= 4,200,000

I think that is very good. Looking at who is in this top 10.

Hope the Sony smarties see or know them and next time don't talk crap like "not commercially rentable" regarding "Bad Tour" dvd release.

P.S: see thats 0.5mil. How many did Bucharest dvd sofar.

1) Lady Gaga= 6,000,000

2) Eminem= 5,900,000

8) Rihanna= 4,200,000

WTF are the beatles doing there? what did they do to make the sales surge?

The i-tunes release of their music allowed them to sell over 1.4 million albums over the net around the world. The remaining were physical sales.

Finland Official Charts

Michael #11 (#15)
Vision #10 (#7)

OVI Music Chart

HMH #13 (#10)

iTunes

HMH #47
Michael #65

'HMH' #1 on German airplay charts!

I love the Germans! :wink:

Back