Official Charts Thread For ''Michael''

The estate plans to release two more singles MINIMUM from what I was told today, the first of these will be out on global radio stations by the end of the month.

End of the month? Please tell me you're kidding.

Well, I hope for a clip.

It will go platinum in the UK. Sales have taken a knock but its not the flop that people seem to think it is. I mean how can people say Michael's legacy is ruined now, Number Ones is in the top 20 yet again and has been in the charts for years now!

Whatever is released I would like to hear it on the radio. I still haven't heard Hold My Hand yet. Just seen the video and just yesterday I saw a commercial for the album. I almost switched the channel until I realized what I was seeing lol.

^ You must not listen to the radio that much. I live in Canada, and have heard HMH atleast 12 times on the radio since it's come out (twice in the past week alone). It's been in the Top 30 Singles here in Canada for 3 weeks so it's getting decent spins.

"There is no need to panic and say ridiculous things like MJ's legacy is fading away. That's simply not true. MJ has one of the largest youth fanbases of any older act. His legacy will continue for decades to come. People under 20 years old are a visual generation who learn from watching. Michael Jackson has the most sophisticated and respected music videos of all time... the younger generation sees this and respects him greatly for it. How many music acts from the 80's can you say you hear their music in clubs? None... only MJ. He's the only artist that can have his songs in modern hip hop clubs and bars. Look at the top selling music videos of all time on I-Tunes.... #1 is Thriller. In fact, of the Top 100 Best Selling Music Videos on I-Tunes , Michael Jackson has a staggering 9 of those! He's the only act in the list that is before the year 2000. Every other artist/band is 2005 and sooner.

Michael Jackson is a legend. Some posthumous album that performed slightly below expectations due to some controversy will not change that. No more drama please![/QUOTE]"

He is contributed way too much and changed the industry that there is no way people will ever forget him.

^ You must not listen to the radio that much. I live in Canada, and have heard HMH atleast 12 times on the radio since it's come out (twice in the past week alone). It's been in the Top 30 Singles here in Canada for 3 weeks so it's getting decent spins.

I try to listen to as much as I can and keep hearing the same songs by Rihanna, Katy Perry etc like 5 times a day then hearing anything from Michael. Maybe it's just where I live. I have caught the video almost everyday on tv for like the last 2 weeks though.

^ Yeah to be fair all radio has been playing since the summer is Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Kesha. It's really annoying. It's beyond obsessive!

End of the month? Please tell me you're kidding.

Well, I hope for a clip.

Chill....

There is a preliminary hearing starting tomorrow. They have a hard balancing act to keep...

The preliminary hearing will last two weeks...So I wouldn't expect a new single until they conclude with the pre trial.

Last edited:
Chill....

There is a preliminary hearing starting tomorrow. They have a hard balancing act to keep...

The preliminary hearing will last two weeks...So I wouldn't expect a new single until they conclude with the pre trial.

Something tells me that "Monster" would be perfect for this period. Don't you agree?

the sales are great and there are countries like mine where the album was brought in stores on dec 24 and it's flying of the shelves:)

The album is not a flop at all. Some here are getting a tad dramatic. Personally some are angry because they thought it would do better. But a little bit of controversy is not going to diminish MJ's legacy. The man made it through 2 accounts of molestation, ridicule for over a decade, changing skin colours, plastic surgery, etc. Do you really think in 20 years this will even be remembered?

It's sold 1.5 million copies in the first two weeks of it's release. That's impressive numbers. The album WILL sell over 300,000 in the UK once the next two singles are released (platinum). In the US sales will also hit 1 million by years end. These are not bad given the circumstances.

The estate plans to release two more singles MINIMUM from what I was told today, the first of these will be out on global radio stations by the end of the month.

There is no need to panic and say ridiculous things like MJ's legacy is fading away. That's simply not true. MJ has one of the largest youth fanbases of any older act. His legacy will continue for decades to come. People under 20 years old are a visual generation who learn from watching. Michael Jackson has the most sophisticated and respected music videos of all time... the younger generation sees this and respects him greatly for it. How many music acts from the 80's can you say you hear their music in clubs? None... only MJ. He's the only artist that can have his songs in modern hip hop clubs and bars. Look at the top selling music videos of all time on I-Tunes.... #1 is Thriller. In fact, of the Top 100 Best Selling Music Videos on I-Tunes , Michael Jackson has a staggering 9 of those! He's the only act in the list that is before the year 2000. Every other artist/band is 2005 and sooner.

Michael Jackson is a legend. Some posthumous album that performed slightly below expectations due to some controversy will not change that. No more drama please!

OK, fellow, you really impressed me, I know you got the point :)

"Michael" is #3 this week in Germany.

"Michael" is very successful in Germany. In its first week it has beaten the band UNHEILIG whose album has spent 21 weeks at #1 now.
In the second week UNHEILIG were back at #1 and "Michael" was #2.
Now in its third week "Michael" dropped to #3 due to a sudden climb by THE BLACK EYED PEAS' album.

Amazing performance so far. UNHEILIG is very popular and gets lots of media coverage whereas "Michael" has little promotion.

It'll end up going to be MONSTER and (I LIKE) THE WAY YOU LOVE ME, no room for anything else given that HOLLYWOOD TONIGHT won't see a release.:cheeky:

"Michael" is very successful in Germany. In its first week it has beaten the band UNHEILIG whose album has spent 21 weeks at #1 now.
Now in its third week "Michael" dropped to #3 due to a sudden climb by THE BLACK EYED PEAS' album.

Amazing performance so far. UNHEILIG is very popular and gets lots of media coverage whereas "Michael" has little promotion.

That's because Germany (as well as the Netherlands) is full of 'cool' people. :wink:

HMH is doing vey good on the airplay chart, up to #2

http://www.radiocharts.com/html/charts_de_main.htm

While on the single chart holds at #10

Chart Run 18-7-10-10-

FRANCE

The album is going down again

Chart Run 5-4-10-16-

I think some of us should chill out a bit here..

1) 'Michael' has sold well by any standards of today.
2) What is most, it has sold nearly 2 mil globally with HMH being the only single massively heard (if so at the first place..) Anyone eager to compare the performance of 'Michael' with that of any of MJ's past albums, think of what singles these had as first releases to push their sales..
3) I agree that neither the boycotting fans (not that they didn't damage of course) nor the media that is always ready to overwhelm MJ with crap was decisive in the album's performance so far.. Last year with TII, look how a good promotion by sony was able to find its way around all that (there were boycotting fans last year as well, remember? and the media seemed to have forgotten all the crap at that time -as had the wider public out there..In general MJ has since last year been rehabilitated in public acceptance in a way that all of us can witness and can not be undone, let's NOT forget that..)
4) The one area of critique that i will echo is the under-promotion by sony. Stupid decisions, mistakes of judgment, lack of great interest so far in doing their job on the album.. It seems as if they cared to cover the expenses of the rights they paid to MJ estate, then make some little profit, and that'it.. I haven't seen a single case of a market country where people come and report that 'Michael' has been promoted satisfactorily.. Even Roger admitted Sony has put too little money in its promotion..
My wish is that we as fans, and even the people managing MJ estate could press sony to intensify its promotion-efforts. There's ALOT that can still be done, -and i think that just two more singles is way too little..

Back