OFFICIAL L'UOMO VOGUE Discussion THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still giddy dammit! I'm enthusiastic about Michael. I never was one to lose my mind, not even when I first bacame a fan. He just makes me smile, he's inspiring.

Exactly J5 ;)

And Nicole, be giddy, I'm not condemning folks for being giddy... I'm just not is all.

I'm still giddy dammit! I'm enthusiastic about Michael. I never was one to lose my mind, not even when I first bacame a fan. He just makes me smile, he's inspiring.[/b]

Haha ya know i think my giddiness will be on an increase once mjmania starts thats for sure. Give me a music video and some dancing, I would be like :jumpcrazy

Even then J5, I'll still be like this....

Again, I guess it's because I've already had "my time". *shrugs* LOL

I'm always proud of Mike and to still be able to enjoy him. But for me, it doesn't go beyond that. It's like looking at a child that makes me proud in a nurturing loving way. Thought he's 10 + years older than myself LOL

well i mean my fandom has always grown from a preteen crush into something deeper, more inspiring...and definitely meaningful. I don't expect that "crush" (OMG OMG OMG OMG!) mentality to stay forever :lol: I'm fine with that. But I think, since the man has influenced me so much as a person and creatively, all always be lookin at what he's up to and feel inspired by him.

But i dunno ja, do you WANT the giddiness to come back? LOL Do you MISS it or are you cool with just chillin and enjoying some damn good photography? :p I dunno, just curious.

I know Ja. It's not about wanting to BE with Michael, lol. I never did understand that. But I care about Michael as a person, that's all. I really do care about him. I would never follow him, or chase him, or lose my mind. I'm just not that way. I'm enthusiastic about him as a person and as an artist, his philosophey in life, his talent, his mind, he facsinates me.

But it's not a crush, I just think he's an incredible person.

I know Ja. It's not about that whole fan things with me wanting to BE with Michael, lol. I never did understand that. But I care about Michael as a person, that's all. I really do care about him. I would never follow him, or chase him, or lose my mind. I'm just not that way. I'm enthusiastic about him as a person and as an artist, his philosophey in life, his talent, his mind, he facsinates me.[/b]
same here.

Now THAT phase (chasing him wanting to be with him) has definitely passed and died :lol:

Oh and the crush thing...i meant that to be refered too my reactions to things like...his pictures...orrrr watching the Dangerous concert and moonwalker over and over again and memorizing lines like i used to. Posters all over the walls (although im not knocking anyone who does that).....that's what i meant by my 'crush-like' reactions. And How'd be like inches from the computer screen when new pics of mj like this come up with excitement lol

Oh I understand that J5. I think Michael's really attractive, he's got charisma for miles and miles. I love to look at him, lol. I just don't want to encroach on him and his life and fantisize that I'm somehow a part of it outside of his public appearances and sharing of his artistic abilities, lol.

«I see Michael for the very first lime.He's sexy. My heart is beating. After I finished, he says to me: Rushka I like everything you chose, please, help me getting dressed». Michael wears a small size, like a model.[/b]
I gotta meet that man....I just gotsta meet that man! :wub:

Yes that line was great because as much as the critics were afraid to admit it, MJ IS STILL MARKETABLE. They didn't say no cuz they know hes a money making machine. peeps keep saying 'na, no one wants to even TOUCH him with their products" DEAD WRONG lol[/b]

I agree....and I have always believed that Michael would have no problem getting sponsors for his tour.....or anything else he wants to do. I know that there is no tv network that will turn down a live MJ concert....no way! Michael is way too famous and world celebrated to be not marketable.

I'm still giddy dammit! I'm enthusiastic about Michael. I never was one to lose my mind, not even when I first bacame a fan. He just makes me smile, he's inspiring.[/b]
He makes me smile to Wannabe. He makes me smile too.

I am so glad to see him come back looking so good and strong and healthy and alive. It speaks to persistance and strength of character and says that even with all that is wrong with the world if you try one more time you can maybe make things come out okay.

I want him to be okay and make awesome music again, to gladden some hearts. When I read about him or think about him sometimes I want to give him a hug. He just sounds so very nice. And then, I don't want to put him on a pedistal either because I want him to have room to move. He is obviously very intellegent and has a great depth of experience so I would be a fool to not want to have a chance to talk to him seriously but since I understand how much the world hungers for his talent and how busy he is, I would probably decline if someone offered to introduce me to him.

And I am not too old to keep coming back to look at the picture of him I just installed as my screensaver Ja. Maybe when I am 100? Is that when it happens? Oh wait, you aren't 100 yet either.

Yes. Giddy is good. I am giddy about life in general and hope I never stop.

Michael is no doubt still marketable and him making the cover of Vogue speaks volumns and is proof that he can still make waves. Thanks Enrico for the article. A few things stood out for me while reading this article and btw, reading this article makes me want to get this magazine even more now. It seem like I was reading Rushka's personal diary or something. But this fashion editor, Rushka obviously adores Michael and is inspired by him. (And I think by the fashion community as a whole because it's obvious, that Michael was taken care of lovely in preparation for this shoot!) He is very inspirational to others and you can see that she is very impressed with him. To the point he's "sexy"...as she says, which is something the female fans knew all along. It just that not all of us have met him in person to witness this sexiness live, and in living color...lol. I also like the part where Michael asks her to help him get dressed and him saying to her "I love you baby" (this just reminds me of something Barry White would say in his deep voice). Michael you sly fox!...dude. People think Michael's shy, don't sleep on the man. Overall, very nice article. Thanks again Enrico.

Hey guys sorry! I was still logged on here, but not at the computer. :lol:

well i mean my fandom has always grown from a preteen crush into something deeper, more inspiring...and definitely meaningful. I don't expect that "crush" (OMG OMG OMG OMG!) mentality to stay forever :lol: I'm fine with that. But I think, since the man has influenced me so much as a person and creatively, all always be lookin at what he's up to and feel inspired by him.

But i dunno ja, do you WANT the giddiness to come back? LOL Do you MISS it or are you cool with just chillin and enjoying some damn good photography? :p I dunno, just curious.[/b]

No babygirl, don't get me wrong. I do agree with where you're coming from indeed. But it was just another "era" for me when my giddiness subsided is all. LOL

I know Ja. It's not about wanting to BE with Michael, lol. I never did understand that. But I care about Michael as a person, that's all. I really do care about him. I would never follow him, or chase him, or lose my mind. I'm just not that way. I'm enthusiastic about him as a person and as an artist, his philosophey in life, his talent, his mind, he facsinates me.

But it's not a crush, I just think he's an incredible person.[/b]

Exactly Nic.... exactly.

MY interpretations of Mike has to do with the person inside, period and point blank. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with what his outta being looks like, anymore. There was a time that I thought Mike was a Eyptian GOD! But that is LOOOONG gone. LOL LOL

So him being in pictures don't do ish for me. *shrugs*

I am so glad to see him come back looking so good and strong and healthy and alive. It speaks to persistance and strength of character and says that even with all that is wrong with the world if you try one more time you can maybe make things come out okay.

I want him to be okay and make awesome music again, to gladden some hearts. When I read about him or think about him sometimes I want to give him a hug. He just sounds so very nice. And then, I don't want to put him on a pedistal either because I want him to have room to move. He is obviously very intellegent and has a great depth of experience so I would be a fool to not want to have a chance to talk to him seriously but since I understand how much the world hungers for his talent and how busy he is, I would probably decline if someone offered to introduce me to him.

And I am not too old to keep coming back to look at the picture of him I just installed as my screensaver Ja. Maybe when I am 100? Is that when it happens? Oh wait, you aren't 100 yet either.

Yes. Giddy is good. I am giddy about life in general and hope I never stop.[/b]

Giddy IS good and I'm not condemning anyone for it. Just pointed it out is all. LOL

Totally ec. I understand what you're saying completely. He IS nice, genuinely so, it comes through so clearly, it's IN him, that's probably the first thing I really picked up on about Michael, how nice he is, he's sweet to people, even when they aren't so much to him, and there aren't many people like that in this world. It's easy to feel for him, because he's had a hard life, he's been through so much, a lot of hurt, and suffered more then what most people ever will on a personal level. But despite all that, he's never turned bitter or away from others, he still offers his hand to them. That's truly a great man there. I would love to speak with Michael of course, he's a highly intelligent person, and his insight is what continues to really amaze me. His depth of perception. One of the things that truly draws people to Michael is, despite his iconic status, he is innately human, he cuts, he bleeds, he is impacted by what's done to him and to what is done to others. His awareness of things outside him, his sensitivity to other people and life, is exceptional. His ability to feel. That's what makes him such a genius as an artist, how he reaches and expresses the core of emotions in his work, he cuts away the layers and touches the essence. His ability to see passed the surface of a thing or situation, passed the conditioning of society and see it as it really is, at it's heart. That's his brilliance.

And yeah Ja, I feel you on that too.

Hey guys sorry! I was still logged on here, but not at the computer. :lol:
No babygirl, don't get me wrong. I do agree with where you're coming from indeed. But it was just another "era" for me when my giddiness subsided is all. LOL
Exactly Nic.... exactly.

MY interpretations of Mike has to do with the person inside, period and point blank. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with what his outta being looks like, anymore. There was a time that I thought Mike was a Eyptian GOD! But that is LOOOONG gone. LOL LOL

So him being in pictures don't do ish for me. *shrugs*
Giddy IS good and I'm not condemning anyone for it. Just pointed it out is all. LOL[/b]
I know. I was replying to this:
And Nicole, be giddy, I'm not condemning folks for being giddy...[/b]
I was agreeing and am feeling joyous and giddy as I speak.

As to the pictures.. He is an entertainer and for him to be truely sucessful again looks become part of it. He is looking better than I ever thought he would again and I am delighted. Every picture I have seen of him since the trial he looks better so each time I was happy to see the improvement. He was the underdog during the trial and like every other American I like to see the underdog win. All of this has to do more with the man and who he is than the looks just for looks sake. There is so much more there.

That being said, I have not kissed my screen yet.. lol but I must say I have been tempted to hug it. There is no denying he looks awesome and classy in the Vogue photos.

Totally ec. I understand what you're saying completely. He IS nice, genuinely so, that's probably the first thing I really picked up on about Michael, how nice he is, he's sweet to people, even when they aren't so much to him, and there aren't many people like that in this world. It's easy to feel for him, because he's had a hard life, he's been through so much, a lot of hurt, and suffered more then what most people ever will on a personal level. But despite all that, he's never turned bitter or away from others, he still offers his hand to them. That's truly a great man there. I would love to speak with Michael of course, he's a highly intelligent person, and his insight is what continues to really amaze me. His depth of perception. One of the things that truly draws people to Michael is, despite his iconic status, he is innately human, he cuts, he bleeds, he is impacted by what's done to him and to what is done to others. His awareness of things outside him, his sensitivity to other people and life, is exceptional. His ability to feel. That's what makes him such a genius as an artist, how he reaches and expresses the core of emotions in his work, he cuts away the layers and touches the essence. His ability to see passed the surface of a thing or situation, passed the conditioning of society and see it as it really is, at it's heart. That's his brilliance.

And yeah Ja, I feel you on that too.[/b]
I don't think Michael wrote the lyrics to On the Line but I love hearing him sing it. It is one of my favorites. To me he doesn't just sing the words he lives them and the world would be a better place if we all did the same.

MICHAEL JACKSON LYRICS

"On The Line"

No sense pretending its over
Hard times just don't go away
You gotta take that chip off your shoulder
It's time you open up
Have some faith

Nothing good ever comes easy
All good things come in due time
Yes it does
You gotta have something to believe in
I'm telling you to open mind

Gotta put your heart on the line
If you wanna make it right
You've got to reach out and try
Gotta put it all on the line

You see yourself in the mirror
And you don't like what you see
And things aren't getting much clearer
Don't you think it's time you go for a change

Don't waste your time on the past, no, no
It's time you look to the future
It's all right there if you ask
This time if you try much harder
You'll be the best that could can be

If you wanna do it now
You gotta learn to try
You can make it right somehow
Let love come free
And that's just so easy now
You gotta go for what you want
You gotta do what you got to do

[Repeat and fade out][/b]

Right, totally. The emotion he expresses in his voice is real. Michael sings in such a way that one can not tell the singer from the song, in other words, Michael is the song, he expresses emotion SO well, that he sounds as if he's living it right then and there. That's what I meant about Michael's brilliance in finding the core and bringing that out. And Michael does apply the meaning of that song to his own life, he doesn't harp on the past, he doesn't let what's happened to him imbitter him or make him hateful. Only a person with the strength that is the stuff of myth could do that.

I love the pictures I've seen of Michael Jackson. He has not lost his attractiveness. He's still very handsome and flourishes with inner beauty. (I would still want to cut that hair, tho).

Now I need to get that magazine.

This is one thing I missed you saying ET. I don't know if you misconstrude what I meant by being "giddy" or not. But I feel the need to go further than the word "giddy".

When I say that I am no longer "giddy" about Mike. I mean, I am not one of those fans who worship continuously, ready to blow my head off for the sake of "Michael Jackson". I have LONG gotten over those days where the "thought", pictures, or words" of him, whirls in my gut to the point of wanting to commit some seriously disfunctioning actions. Where I don't care WHO KNOWS, SEES, and/or EMPLORERS on my name sake. No one but GOD is that important. ;)

Michael is no doubt still marketable and him making the cover of Vogue speaks volumns and is proof that he can still make waves.[/b]
:yes:. The media has been claiming that Michael's not been marketable since the early 90's, yet with each step he takes we see the reality. Another little known fact is that Michael was offered over a hundred million dollars to put on a tour in 2002, he declined but if sponsors/marketers didn't think he was marketable anymore they surely wouldn't be willing to invest so much money like that. Everything Michael does creates a splash, unlike any other celebrity.

WBSS, YES, this IS the point, and thank you.

"Only a person with the strength that is the stuff of myth could do that."

Yes, with the strength of myth.

Thanks. :flowers:

Vic

I understand where ALL OF YA'LL are comin from :p :lol:

(can't quote all of that lol)

I dunno, my 'giddiness' is a combination of all of the above. He looks great, sure. Especially with pics like the puppy-dog-eyes one in Vogue...that's reason to be giddy :lol: bUt thats only 10% of it. The man, and i mean his personality, his artistry, his HONESTY through his art and as a person, is unbelievable. And even now, he amazes me more. HOw in the heck he could go through ALL he's gone through and STILL be like the nicest man alive...is a mystery to me. People kick him and spit on him and he's like the punchline of every joke, but he's SO STRONG and he still remains himself.

I was for sure that after the trial he would buckle down and either vanish off the face of the earth or "conform"...but he's back, and the same sweet beautiful Michael. Michael, for me, is like PROOF that God prevails...and He works wonders because He's worked in and through and with Michael. ANd Michael is just an INCREDIBLE man, period. He is a revolutionary, he dares to be different, he knows being different makes change, and he is resiliant (sp). A true role model and inspiration. He has been those things for me for at least half of my existance lol

This is one thing I missed you saying ET. I don't know if you misconstrude what I meant by being "giddy" or not. But I feel the need to go further than the word "giddy".When I say that I am no longer "giddy" about Mike. I mean, I am not one of those fans who worship continuously, ready to blow my head off for the sake of "Michael Jackson". I have LONG gotten over those days where the "thought", pictures, or words" of him, whirls in my gut to the point of wanting to commit some seriously disfunctioning actions. Where I don't care WHO KNOWS, SEES, and/or EMPLORERS on my name sake. No one but GOD is that important. ;)[/b]
Oh, I figured you meant giddy in a different way than WBSS and I are using it. I do know what you are saying, but I have NEVER been THAT kind of giddy and never will. My respect for people would stand above that. Only one time in my life that I was in awe of meeting someone and it was because of the display I had just seen of their humanitarian work on my way in to shake their hand. Even that surprised me because we are all just human after all. You can respect and appreciate some people more than others for the way they have lived their lives or their extraordinary talent or genious, but we are all just fellow human beings after all.

It is fun to play at losing control sometimes though. It is like when you are on a roller coaster. I used to never scream when I was on a roller coaster because I was never that afraid but one day I discovered it was even more fun if you let loose and screamed and now I just let loose and scream. I think a lot of the play in here is just like that. I guess you never know for sure which fans would try to jump Michael if they saw him. I don't think that the comments here necessarily answer it. We have been told that even Roxi behaved like a lady when she met him.

Thank you Vic, glad that got through.

I understand where ALL OF YA'LL are comin from :p :lol:

(can't quote all of that lol)
I dunno, my 'giddiness' is a combination of all of the above. He looks great, sure. Especially with pics like the puppy-dog-eyes one in Vogue...that's reason to be giddy :lol: bUt thats only 10% of it. The man, and i mean his personality, his artistry, his HONESTY through his art and as a person, is unbelievable. And even now, he amazes me more. HOw in the heck he could go through ALL he's gone through and STILL be like the nicest man alive...is a mystery to me. People kick him and spit on him and he's like the punchline of every joke, but he's SO STRONG and he still remains himself.

I was for sure that after the trial he would buckle down and either vanish off the face of the earth or "conform"...but he's back, and the same sweet beautiful Michael. Michael, for me, is like PROOF that God prevails...and He works wonders because He's worked in and through and with Michael. ANd Michael is just an INCREDIBLE man, period. He is a revolutionary, he dares to be different, he knows being different makes change, and he is resiliant (sp). A true role model and inspiration. He has been those things for me for at least half of my existance lol[/b]

Totally J5. Michael proved his conviction in his values and his ideals when he remained the same following the trial. He understands the importance of those ideals, and he's proven he won't let them go no matter how much people try to force him to. He understands that they mean too much and that he is true in what he believes, to the point of putting himself in danger to uphold and stand by them. There is a real purity to that.

I love the pictures I've seen of Michael Jackson. He has not lost his attractiveness. He's still very handsome and flourishes with inner beauty. (I would still want to cut that hair, tho).

Now I need to get that magazine.[/b]
I hear ya, but even if he don't cut it, all im asking for is for him to go keep in the closet style and pony it up.
umh umh umh ummmmh babe was so scruptous in that video. shucks, I'll get mike somewhere by himself and keep it in the closet alright. Betta yet I'll go R-rah kelly style on mike and trapped him in the closet. :devil:

*Trapped in the Closet*
part 1

[In the middle of nowhere]

Me: :wub:

mike: :unsure:

Me: :wacko:

mike: :crazy

me: :ph34r: (ninja style)

mike: :phonetalk: "hello...911...somebody help me this B is craz.................." click

to be continued
writing.gif

I hear ya, but even if he don't cut it, all im asking for is for him to go keep in the closet style and pony it up.
umh umh umh ummmmh babe was so scruptous in that video. shucks, I'll get mike somewhere by himself and keep it in the closet alright. Betta yet I'll go R-rah kelly style on mike and trapped him in the closet. :devil:

*Trapped in the Closet*
part 1

[In the middle of nowhere]

Me: :wub:

mike: :unsure:

Me: :wacko:

mike: :crazy

me: :ph34r: (ninja style)

mike: :phonetalk: "hello...911...somebody help me this B is craz.................." click
to be continued
writing.gif
[/b]

:rollin:

O/t. Wannabe, Frank said that!!! Them quotes are BADDDD :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back