OFFICIAL L'UOMO VOGUE Discussion THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sounds like stupid postmen... Some probably saw the sticker that goes liek Michael Jackson italian Fanclub, and get disturbed by it, and thought that maybe he can play with the knife and ruin it. :banghead[/b]
r u serious ? :blink: was sneddon the postman ?

probably just rubbish package and it got chewed in the machines. i guess at least you know it will be packed properly if you buy it from a proper company/site who sell mags

Bought mine from Borders in Birmingham (Bullring) today...pretty sure its in any of the big borders..dfinitely the ones in London. :) woo hooo

Does anyone know what Brett Ratner says about Michael in the magazine? There's an interview with him, but I don't think it's translated in the back.[/b]

In which page of the magazine is the Brett Ratner interview? It seems that I can't find it. If I can read it, I can translate what he says...

Okay, I think I found it. But it's not an interview to Brett Ratner, but an interview to Quincy Jones, who's actually working on "carnival 3d: the magic & the music" with Brett Ratner.

They're talking about Quincy Jones and not about Michael. Michael is simply mentioned because they write: "without forgetting We are the world, one of the world's all time best selling songs, produced by Jones with Michael Jackson to help the hungry people of Ethiopia."

It does not say anything else about Michael...

[url=http://mjdatabank.com/english_version/comp...luomo_vogue.htm t=_blank]http://mjdatabank.com/english_version/comp...luomo_vogue.htm[/url]
Oct. 21st, 2007: L'UOMO VOGUE contest - UPDATE

mjdbnews784.jpg

Results and winners for the L'UOMO VOGUE contest will be announed tomorrow HERE AND NOWHERE ELSE...

... And we have a litthe surprise for you, so "Rendez-vous" tomorrow!

Sounds like someone trying to sabotage the magazine.[/b]

Or when they opened the box that they all came in, they probably used an exacto (sp?) knife, and dug way to deep when cutting the box open. This is the only conclusion that I can come to. Besides, if they wanted to destroy the mag, they would have added a whole bunch of more cuts etc. I could be wrong though but.....hum. :mello:

Let's hope I am anyways. :innocent:

Thank you for the sympathy.... However I WON'T complain, it's not my way to be... and maybe , indeed maybe it was damaged in Italia when they took it out of some box and placed it along with others in order to be selled. Or maybe here by some searching for drugs - they tend get harsh on things when they do not like the wrappings.... There are plently ' possibilities'.... This is my 'luck' so I gotta accept it! LOL

Anyway I've ordered another copy - hoping that this one will arrive safe.... :praying

As for that article from Vogue involving Bret Rattner,indeed, is mostlly about Quincy Jones, who has made the music for the project.... Michael Jackson's name get mentioned 4-5 times in the article, in a nice way, excepting last one, when they talk about Quincy refusing to help Mike back in the charts, becuase he got no time for Mike... ( we've heard this one before.. ) -_-

Mine came too, damaged... It got someting deep, like a knife cut, and it goes starting from the cover , deep into 1/4, or 1/3 from the mag... :( I payed 20 euros for it, and inded it wasn't wrapped properly.[/b]

S*it!! that must 've pissed you like hell, I guess, I know I would. Talking about paying at least double its worth and not even get it in optimal conditions. :zformation:

Bought mine from Borders in Birmingham (Bullring) today...pretty sure its in any of the big borders..dfinitely the ones in London. :) woo hooo[/b]

I bought two copies in Birmingham's BORDERS yesterday as well. So I've got 3 copies now.

Thanks for the right name cherubimll so much now at least i can go back and see if they have it or not. I,m sure there has to be some book stores that will carry this mag in canada . mj loves mj i ,m sure we will get it some where i live in ontario also. I,m in Owensound thats way up north, where are you if you want to tell me. see yeh later.

Bought mine from Borders in Birmingham (Bullring) today...pretty sure its in any of the big borders..dfinitely the ones in London. :) woo hooo[/b]

Wow! Thanks, did they have plenty of copies cause I can't get there until Friday? I looked all over Derbyshire Saturday and it was nowhere to be found.

:frustrated: I went back to some of the stores and still found nothing so i,m hoping maybe it could be here in the nest shipment. i,m hoping anyway. I sure hope i get it soon. I ,ll just keep trying.

^^ same with me :( lol! it's fusterating, but u gotta laugh

Yeahhh!!! At last, I just called Borders in Birmingham and they sold out but she gave me 3 Borders numbers in Londen to call and said they will mail it. First I called Oxford Street, they said they don't mail it :cry: then I called Charing Cross and he checked then came back and said 'Im holding it in my hand now, it has Michael Jackson on the cover, I was :woohoo: :kickass: He's going to mail it to me. This is the number if anyone wants it, 020-737-98877.

my local borders said they didnt sell it. maybe ill have al ook when im in town. ive ordered them from other outlets anyway but you would think if one borders sold them they all would. then again the person who i talked to sounded like a clueless student only working there for the beer money

Wow! Thanks, did they have plenty of copies cause I can't get there until Friday? I looked all over Derbyshire Saturday and it was nowhere to be found.[/b]

I know they had them on Saturday, because I bought 2 copies, but on Sunday when I checked they were all already gone.

I got my copy today !!!! The woman who puts the magazine's out said she would call me when it came in. When I picked it up she said they were going on the shelf tonight. This was the Barns and Noble at the Avenue in White Marsh for anyone who is near there. The pictures do look so much better in person, except that red one. I don't get that one :) Yay! I am glad to finally get it :flowers:

My Grandma let me order mine from Steven today!!!!!!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

I am not absolutely "dying" to get my hands on the l'UOMO Vogue magazine although I will probably buy anyway if I can.

I was more of a hardcore fan 10 years ago during the HIStory tour. My "giddiness" died down a few years after that!

I became a fan in '93 and had loads of posters on my walls when I was a teenager.

But I love MJ in a different way.

He had better release some new material soon!

I am not absolutely "dying" to get my hands on the l'UOMO Vogue magazine although I will probably buy anyway if I can.

I was more of a hardcore fan 10 years ago during the HIStory tour. My "giddiness" died down a few years after that!

I became a fan in '93 and had loads of posters on my walls when I was a teenager.

But I love MJ in a different way.

He had better release some new material soon![/b]

:innocent:

I'm so excited!! In a few days Michael with be in my hands!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

L'Uomo Vogue magazine is feautured in the shop-windows of an important fashion store in Naples (Italy). That shop has 4 big shop-windows and L'Uomo Vogue is displayed in EVERY shop-window.

aVGuHO9-4531f55087ee74357d9ba93307354e33.jpg

thanks to Carlo

:kickass2:

Elusive - any luck yet? Yeah you know how clueless some of the people in the shops can be...when I went there was only two copies left so either they aren't stocking much or its selling fast.

Looks like Rita was more lucky. Try again...I might be able to pop into a Oxford street Borders this weekend if I see a copy I'll pick up one and get it across to you. Rita have you got yours yet?

:jump: YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I got mine today (Atomic books online). Nicely, neatly, and safely packaged. I haven't taken the plastic off yet. I don't want it to get messed up. So I just stare at the cover. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back