'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

I don't think Opus are very interested in 'looking back' at 'history'..they have too many new initiatives on their hands eg the new Ferrari book (40k dollars each, 399 copies to sell) , the Saatchi opus coming up in November (2k gbp each, 1k copies to sell, weigh 40kg each!!!), the new iphone /ipad apps etc etc. I think the mj Opus is just a 'fleabite' compared to what they are doing now...doesn't make it right, but that is the impression I get. They shouldn't promise what they cannot deliver, but with mj gone there is no-one to hold them to account. Sorry to sound so negative, but there is no profit in treating past customers well if you think they won't buy your future products, and I guess they just don't put us in that category.

To any of you who have not received your Opus yet, if you purchased with a credit card you should be able to contact what ever company you have your card with and let them know you never received your merchandise. Credit cards usally have a protection for things like this. The same thing with paypal, you can submit a claim and get your money back.

Last edited:
I'm up for that...

I have been on holiday and just got back but I called them just before I left and threatened to roll up. The response I got was a panicky call from the shop assuring me of an email upon my return...guess what - no reply. I am calling them tomorrow and will pop in and update you but my plan is to threaten to call trading standards tomorrow and find out where we all stand...

Please do that and let us know how it goes.

I don't think Opus are very interested in 'looking back' at 'history'..they have too many new initiatives on their hands eg the new Ferrari book (40k dollars each, 399 copies to sell) , the Saatchi opus coming up in November (2k gbp each, 1k copies to sell, weigh 40kg each!!!), the new iphone /ipad apps etc etc. I think the mj Opus is just a 'fleabite' compared to what they are doing now...doesn't make it right, but that is the impression I get. They shouldn't promise what they cannot deliver, but with mj gone there is no-one to hold them to account. Sorry to sound so negative, but there is no profit in treating past customers well if you think they won't buy your future products, and I guess they just don't put us in that category.

... and this is why I believe they should be quite worried about us making noise. So the bigger the noise we make, the more that affects their image. I am pretty sure they must be using Michael and his Opus to promote themselves as such a reliable company :doh:

This has turned out to be a nightmare am wondering if there any EU regulations we could use against Opus?

Sorry its taken me so long... This is the story so far.

The Marketing Manager is called Dipesh - I have now spoken to him at length. Evidently the Online Content will not be happening any time soon. The family are supportive of the project and so are the estate so its not them putting a spanner in the works apparently. It is purely them getting it all sorted out. His words to me were "I wouldn't like to promise you that its going to happen any time soon - our CEO Karl is still in discussion about this". So basically I dont think we will ever get our online content. I asked him outright about this and he said he honestly did not know!!!!!

I have contacted Trading Standards for those of you in the UK and we are entitled to a fuill refund under the 1979 Sale of Goods Act - you can always use that against them verbally. If you do this you will be offered a refund or, as in my case, an alternative by way of compensation.

I did also threaten them with the press!

I would suggest that you all try contacting them again - for those of you in the UK try and call them at their head office.

My last threat of turning up at the store did help but don't bother trying this yourself as the store has now closed down! They are obviously falling on hard times - wouldnt surprise me if they close down completely soon!

If you want a refund - ask for it NOW!

Can you get a partial refund?
I kinda like the opus but am bummed about the missing online content, reality card, glove and Nate Giorgio print.

The Opus are just like all other businesses.........

They don't mind exploiting MJ fans for money............

Buy they'll still treat us like crap........

Sorry its taken me so long... This is the story so far.

Thnx for the update! I wonder were it went wrong.
If the estate is ok with it, than what is the problem?? There shouldn't be any.

I really don't understand how you can go on international television promoting the reality experience with a reality card that never seen the light of day when nothing was prepared.

Did you ask for the Nate Girgio Print? That shouldn't be that hard for them, now should it?

A partial refund should be reasonable. Let's keep each other updated.

Can you get a partial refund?
I kinda like the opus but am bummed about the missing online content, reality card, glove and Nate Giorgio print.

Sorry for the confusion guys - no it wasn't a partial refund i was offered - what he said was they could offer me another Opus product by way of compensation. I wasn't interested in that - well not at this stage anyway.

I had already been promised the Nate print when my Opus was late and that isnt forthcoming yet either so I moaned about that as well.

I am due to call them again at the beginning of October as he was trying to see what else they could do for me so I will update you again then.

I would strongly suggest you all call Trading Standards and lodge a complaint. They will give you a reference number and tell you to write to Opus and give them a deadline to respond to your request - whether that be for a refund or an answer about the online content. If they do not respond by the date you offer (I would suggest one month) then go back to Trading Standards and they will take the case up and/or advise you of next steps. To be honest, another month or two wont hurt you - you have all waited a bloody year! :(

Opus have been reading forums as well by the way!

You really must put this in writing and use your consumer rights - please be aware that the Covent Garden store has closed - we need to wrap this up as soon as possible in case the company folds in the next year.... just a thought!

We are all unhappy and coming on here to moan makes us all feel better and I know some of us have phoned them but we need to start putting this on paper.

If anyone needs any help, please let me know.

I have just w-mailed them again about the print and online content. Don't expect they'll reply. I only ever get an answer from them when I ring them. They should be refunding our money for phone calls too. Like how much in total have we all spent ringing them since lase December. Crazy!

I have just w-mailed them again about the print and online content. Don't expect they'll reply. I only ever get an answer from them when I ring them. They should be refunding our money for phone calls too. Like how much in total have we all spent ringing them since lase December. Crazy!

I'll sent them an e-mail this week as well.
I really don't understand what there problem is.

Although everything is delayed rediculously, there service to me has actually been pretty good when it comes to replacing damaged goods and communication through e-mail.
Don't understand though why it is that hard to sent the print and get a website online.

Hi everyone,

after seeing the MJ Opus of one of my fellow fans I was very interested in ordering one for myself. But what is it that I hear from several of you guys? You didn't receive yours? Not everyone? Missing gloves?

Sorry for asking, but there are so many pages on here, it's difficult to read all of them...

no videocard still...i've used the contact us form on the website but every time i've sent another message they've not responded. Yes I've received my opus but it is not the full product that I paid for. Did the opus company appear on watchdog before or was that about the tickets?

I ordered mine in September last year through ticketmaster.com and received the Opus in December. I remember there was a slight delay, but they still managed to deliver it before Christmas.

No, the video card is not included. There is only one glove, instead of two. The publisher said they gave out one glove as a tribute to Michael (whatever, if they really want to do a tribute, then they should give out a crystal encrusted glove, not a plain white glove.)

I gave up on the video card thing. The book itself is well worth the money I spent.

maybe it would help to set up a petition.... to re-release the OPUS!

They originally said that the Opus will never get re-released, so that would probably be a waste of time..............

.............And the Opus people will certainly not want to deal with angry MJ fans any more!!!!!!!!

maybe it would help to set up a petition.... to re-release the OPUS!

It'd be great if Kraken Opus will re-release the Opus, so fans can have another chance to buy it. But, I'm afraid Kraken will raise the price of the Opus.

I remember reading that the Opus is usually sold for more than USD $200. IMO, the Opus is indeed worth more than $200. It was sold less than USD $200 when it was published last year becasue the Estate would like it to be more affordable to Michael's fans.

The Opus is so beautifully packaged. The leather cover, the red shell protection case, the quailty of paper, the printing... Everything is first-class. Most importantly, the pictures are carefully selected and the articles are well written. The Opus does Michael justice. It's so much better than all the tribute magazines the biased media published. The pictures are not really "never before seen", but the way the pictures are presented make the Opus truly special and tasteful.

The Michael Jackson Opus will be my family heirloom. I want to pass it along to the future generation.

They originally said that the Opus will never get re-released, so that would probably be a waste of time..............

.............And the Opus people will certainly not want to deal with angry MJ fans any more!!!!!!!!

Are fans angry because Kraken fail to send the video card out? Or, there were something worse? Is it true that fans never received their Opuses?

Cause the Opus is definitely one of the best purchases I have ever made. I'm happy with it; even though, I never got the video card.

Are fans angry because Kraken fail to send the video card out? Or, there were something worse? Is it true that fans never received their Opuses?

Cause the Opus is definitely one of the best purchases I have ever made. I'm happy with it; even though, I never got the video card.

I am happy that I received mine too, although I did not like what Quincy had to say in his introduction. I feel if Michael was alive that statement would have been edited. I also did not like the fact that I did not get the card which was promised as a part of the product. We ALL deserve what we were promised and PAID for.

You are right, but such a petition could show... lets say... - the demand for this book.
Of course, those who would sign for the petition would have to buy the book.

As Live Is Magic mentioned, there are many "seen before" pics, many printed in many tribute mags and old-er mags... so the uniqueness of the book is not so.... special as for a limited edition.

Last edited:
love is magical;3004451 said:

Kraken Opus have failed on many different things:
1.) Glove
2.) Reality Card
3.) Opus Reality website
4.) Some Very Very Very Late Opus deliveries

I think that everybody had now received the book........but the way they treated us fans is just terrible................

........Especially since most of their customers are wealthy people who can afford a £10,000 book. I would think that good customer service is key for trying to sell such expensive books.

Moonwalker.Fan;3005334 said:
You are write, but such a petition could show... lets say... - the demand for this book.

As Live Is Magic mentioned, there are many "seen before" pics, many printed in many tribute mags and old-er mags... so the uniqueness of the book is not so.... special as for a limited edition.

Well if you look at that way then it's well worth trying the petition........

......But it's worth trying to contact the estate as well since Kraken would probably need permission from them to start producing more books!!!!!

You are right, but such a petition could show... lets say... - the demand for this book.

If you are looking for a book full of private family photos, then the Opus is not you. But, if you are looking for a book that presents Michael's legacy in a fair and tasteful manner, then get the Opus.

I have yet to find another book that does a better job than the Opus. I refuse to spend my money on tribute magazines published by the very same media that destroyed Michael's life.

Dancing the Dreams is my favorite, follow by the Opus.

I still don't understand why Kraken promised owners of the Opus the video card and reality website. To me, those are unnecessary gimmacks that Michael Jackson never needs.

I think it's worthwhile to own the Opus. But, unless the demand is strong, I don't think Kraken will re-release the Opus. Even if they re-release, the price is going to be much higher than $200.

The MJ opus was handled very poorly. But I think the worst part about the whole opus project are the numerous factual errors in the book. I counted at least 10 and some of them were extremely obvious. Two I remember off the top of my head is the picture of MJ that was taken in the late 70s and the caption says it's a picture from the 90s. THe other being the picture of MJ performing on the HIStory tour and the caption saying it was from a performance in New York. We all know the HIStory tour never made it to mainland USA.

Update:

The Opus website (http://www.krakenopus.com/family/michaeljackson/) has shown the Michael Jackson Opus as SOLD OUT!!!!!!!!

just seen it!!! i thought they would have continued to released it for more time... very strange...

Althought the errors.. i think it is a good item to have in your collection... in all cases for the big and beautiful pictures... but at the price of the pre-order!
i don't know if someone (not private person) is selling it yet!!
and for the reality card.. opus made a very poor figure....

Another update with no news.. well, at least they reply to my messages.

The employees at Kraken haven't received any update from the managment on the Opus Reality website and the Nate Girgio print for months now. It isn't canceled and therefore they still believe there will be a update one day....

Back