'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

Ok well here is a further update.

I have now spoken to Kraken Opus. They have few copies of the Opus remaining and these have to be handed over to the Estate; this is part of the condition of sale and they will not be re-released or available via retail outlets - again a condition imposed by the Estate.

Regarding the online content; this is still not forthcoming.

I have opened an official complaint with the Trading Standards authority.

I asked the Opus representative if they had received many complaints - he said in the beginning yes, but now it has tailed off to almost non existent. He claims that the majority of fans are just happy with the book.

The Nate prints are ready to run but have not been printed, nor is there any news of them going forward!

Can I make a suggestion?

I feel that the best course of action is to get together as many of us as we can to push this.

After all - woud you go into a shop and buy a pair of trousers and a jacket - pay for both and come out with one? Would you walk away or go back for the rest of your purchase?
Exactly!

Just because this is an old product and they have moved on does not mean we should be left with only part of our purchase. I too do not want to hand back my copy but I believe they should be offering something in its place.

Please, if you wish to follow this up, add your name on this thread and I will compile a list and take this issue up. To my guess there have got to be in excess of 100 people on here who have bought this book.

Please do not think that they are not going to be interested because we are old hat! They are an established company and face the embarassment of negative press if they do not pull their fingers out. They have a rich clientele and this exercise could prove embarassing for them. I don't want to cause trouble - all we are asking for is what was described; they are in breach of the UK Sale of Goods Act where a consumer has the right to receive what they have paid for.

If you wish to follow this item up please add your name and I will follow this up.

Thanks.

Thnx for the update and your efforts.

Of course you're completely right. The way Kraken handles this is completely rediculous.
They should at least have released a statement what is going on with the reality website.
The NG print is promised and should've been sent out. I can't think of a reason why they haven't lived up to this promise by now.

DianeLesley, thanks for your post. I agree with everything you have said and will happily give my name to your list if you are taking this further.

DianeLesley, thanks for your post. I agree with everything you have said and will happily give my name to your list if you are taking this further.

I am absolutely taking this further. Please spread the word among any other forum members you know who have been caught up in this - the more names I can add the better. Thanks.:)

if the worst comes to worse a class action suit should definitely be considered although i'm not sure of the financial implications in regards to pursing one.

i'm definitely in support of your idea dianelesley, also is there a email contact for kraken opus floating around as i'd like to contact them myself to register a complaint as i haven't yet done so.

I'll definitely add my name. Still so pissed off with what happened and the treatment we got!

if the worst comes to worse a class action suit should definitely be considered although i'm not sure of the financial implications in regards to pursing one.

i'm definitely in support of your idea dianelesley, also is there a email contact for kraken opus floating around as i'd like to contact them myself to register a complaint as i haven't yet done so.

yep you can certainly try! The email is for the CEO - Karl Fowler:

karl@krakengroup.com

By all means write in with your complaint and I will compile a list of everyone here who wants this followed up.

Stacey - I have PM'd you.:)

Thnx Dianelesley! Keep us updated please.
I will add my my name.
For sure it makes complaining a lot easier when there is someone in the UK that is willing to be a spokesperson.
Thnx for your efforts, it's appreciated.

I am absolutely taking this further. Please spread the word among any other forum members you know who have been caught up in this - the more names I can add the better. Thanks.:)

Please add my name. And would it be better to have a place to gather all the names or just tell you one by one here. Cos' I am sure some of my friends in Hong Kong are willing to add their names too. It would be nice for someone in UK represent us to talk to Kraken. Thank yor for your effort.

Please add my name. And would it be better to have a place to gather all the names or just tell you one by one here. Cos' I am sure some of my friends in Hong Kong are willing to add their names too. It would be nice for someone in UK represent us to talk to Kraken. Thank yor for your effort.

I agree - I did PM Stacey about this but I don't know if she has seen the PM yet - I wasnt sure if I needed to get permission from a mod/Gaz to run something ilke this so for now names on here would be good - if you check back every couple of days on this thread I can keep you posted as if we go ahead I would like to get people's names and email addresses - or contact can be made here.

Thanks for your support. The more people on board the better.:clapping:

I agree - I did PM Stacey about this but I don't know if she has seen the PM yet - I wasnt sure if I needed to get permission from a mod/Gaz to run something ilke this so for now names on here would be good - if you check back every couple of days on this thread I can keep you posted as if we go ahead I would like to get people's names and email addresses - or contact can be made here.

Thank you for your update. I can relate your message to the forum in my country. But do you just need name or e-mail address at this moment or need both? So I can gather some names for you cos' I don't think all of them have signed in here.

At this stage I think it would be good if you could provide me with just names and email addresses; if anyone wants to PM me with their details and I will compile a complete list to be forwarded to Opus/Trading Standards/Watchdog.

For privacy reasons I think it best that your names and email addresses are not posted here but via PM.

I will send the list off on Monday of next week which should give everyone time to contact fans they know.

Thanks for your support.

I will update on here as regularly as I can with what is going on.

Diane, so sorry! Let me PM you now x

UPDATE

Ok guys. As previously mentioned I had raised this issue with several sources.
Following contact with Opus I am stepping down from this issue at their request.
I have not yet had any response from the other sources as yet and will contact each person who has been in touch with me in case they do not see this message.

Opus are still not clear about if/when this online content will ever be available.

This issue is of grave concern to me, I was under the understanding Opus were a hugely respectable outlet and a pioneer in customer service.

However to take orders and not fully know if those orders are going to be met is amateurish.

Dianne you have my full blessings to ensure this is fully investigated and rightful outcome in your favour.

Gaz

Thanks Gaz - your support has been appreciated.

Just to update you - I am sending this message to all those who contacted me. Opus have resolved my particular complaint on the understanding that I withdraw from my campaign.

I have agreed to do this but obviously I could not promise the reaction they would get from others....

So what issue did you have?
The main issue people are having is the NG print that has been promised but still hasnt shipped? And the online content...

Personally I want that print, but I guess nothing I can do...

So what issue did you have?
The main issue people are having is the NG print that has been promised but still hasnt shipped? And the online content...

Personally I want that print, but I guess nothing I can do...

As I mentioned, they are not sure if/when the online content will happen. As for the print - well that is awaiting printing still.....

As I mentioned, they are not sure if/when the online content will happen. As for the print - well that is awaiting printing still.....

though it's not a surprise ,i'm still pissed. i was naively hopping it would come up later and all we have to do is wait.Now they even told us they're not sure if that will happen!
then they shouldn't use the online content as a selling point in the first place! why promise something you can't achieve?the whole thing is like a scam

I have no credit card but I have the money, how can I get my own book?? Please pm me!

So what exactly are people doing now to keep the pressure on Opus Media Group? I plan to make their life hell, but don't want to undo any good work others may be progressing with....

The way I see it is we have only had half the product that we paid for which is alike to buying a pair of shoes and only finding one shoe in the box. I would also like to know that has happened so far in the fan community to put pressure on the opus company, I can't believe they've managed to get away with this on such a large scale. The adverts are still around and serve as evidence that customers have not been given the complete product and that we have not been compensated in any way.

Has there been any update on the print and the Opus Reality? I would still like what I have paid for!

So annoyed about the opus reality thing. Is there nothing more we can do? Its not right that they should be allowed to do this surely.

Back