'Official Michael Jackson Opus' (All Threads Merged)

Re: 'Official Michael Jackson Opus'(BooK) Will Pop With Photos, Tributes

Ok, I have to get this. I just have to. It's a lot of money, but I'm left with no choice.

Lately I've been like a robot programmed to buy Michael-related stuff, lol. Can't stop, and won't stop til' I get enough :D

I know this is so exspensive but i think i have to buy it for sure it looks like a lovely booked for sure amazing in fact,can i asked has anyone pre order it yet if so has the money come out of the account?its like a book that says COME AND BUY ME lol xxx

amazing! i'm soo getting this book, especially since Michael was involved. bless for him for making the press cheaper.

its going on my bed lol

Usually with pre-order they dont take the money out of your account until the book is sent out.

but then again this is Ticketmaster.........

Cutting-edge tech
But the real hook for the Jackson bio is its interactive element. Roker was awed as Fowler showed off a mock-up of a membership card to be included in the book that, when placed in front of a personal computer, jumps to life to display Jackson concert footage, complete with sound, with the videos being changed daily.

It’s a new trick that delighted Jackson in the book’s formative process — and one that Fowler believes will make potential buyers all the more eager to pony up the $165 for the book.

WOWIIEEEEEEE

Cutting-edge tech
But the real hook for the Jackson bio is its interactive element. Roker was awed as Fowler showed off a mock-up of a membership card to be included in the book that, when placed in front of a personal computer, jumps to life to display Jackson concert footage, complete with sound, with the videos being changed daily.

It’s a new trick that delighted Jackson in the book’s formative process — and one that Fowler believes will make potential buyers all the more eager to pony up the $165 for the book.

WOWIIEEEEEEE

wow never knew about the membership card thats amazing,i wonder how much p nd p will be as well?

Anyone else preorder this book at all xxx

:yes: Oh yeah oh yeah, I will try to cop that (yall betta not buy em all up, Imma come after yall, LOL!)

Postage and packing in uk = £16.50 via dhl guaranteed before 25th december

I think we will need one of those glass cases they use to display books in museums........

Kraken Opus began accepting advance orders for the Jackson book today through the Web site michaeljacksonopus.com. In addition, orders can be placed through ticketmaster.com.

I've pre-ordered the book this afternoon and the money has already come out of my account, so the money will come out straight away.

I think we will need one of those glass cases they use to display books in museums........

Ya me to,so for ppl in the uk looking at £128.00 for the book and post and package?that is so high for post and pack,do u think the book will only be that price for a limited time?x

Depends if they can keep up with demand. People will buy it who arent fans purely as an investment. then those who buy it to sell on ebay. Then also the fakes that will come out.

Its a big book so the post and packing will not be too much overcharged

Depends if they can keep up with demand. People will buy it who arent fans purely as an investment. then those who buy it to sell on ebay. Then also the fakes that will come out.

Grrrr Ebay makes me mad when ppl sell michael stuff on there as thay always try and rip of the fans like with the memorial program grrrrr:bugeyed,have u pre order ur yet pam?x

I am about to do it. It will be a Christmas present for daughter (but obviously I'll get to enjoy and see it.........cunning plan).

It says the following details on website - I can see why postage and packing is soooooo much 12KG

Official publication The only new publication approved and endorsed by Michael Jackson himself, and by the estate of Michael Jackson Content A definitive photographic tribute with exclusive and unseen images, and words and essays by those who knew him and worked with him Size 400 pages, each measuring 13 x 18 inches Weight 12Kg Paper 200gsm Matt Art Case The leather hand-bound Opus arrives in a silk covered clamshell case Online A unique Opus Reality™ card gives you online access to an exclusive 3D experience Publication date Available 7th December 2009

The ebay nutters wont know about it yet..............but when they do!!!!

I think cotton gloves will be in order also to turn the pages........

If you look at the size and quality of the book (400 pages) it practically IS 3 books of good quality in one, imo. Coffee table photo books like this generally are expensive...

That's true, it's quite a sizeable book and I read somewhere that it would weigh 12 kilos! That's a lot of weight for a book. My mom once ordered some historical commemorative book, which was almost twice that price. Still it's a bit too expensive, especially for my current budget, and I think there'll be customs fees too. I was quite intriqued by the interactive techie thing included in the book. I don't even think I'd have a good enough place to put the book in and I probably wouldn't dare to touch it for fear of spoiling it. ;) But it's a fantastic book and all you who've ordered it are without a doubt in for a treat! :reading:

Edit: How funny! I just noticed pamiie's post both above and quoted below me mentioning the weight of the book. I completely didn't see that! I think I must have seen it on the website selling it plus somewhere else too. You can tell my mood is tired as I'm mixing things up! Haha!

Last edited:

I am about to do it. It will be a Christmas present for daughter (but obviously I'll get to enjoy and see it.........cunning plan).

It says the following details on website - I can see why postage and packing is soooooo much 12KG

Official publication The only new publication approved and endorsed by Michael Jackson himself, and by the estate of Michael Jackson Content A definitive photographic tribute with exclusive and unseen images, and words and essays by those who knew him and worked with him Size 400 pages, each measuring 13 x 18 inches Weight 12Kg Paper 200gsm Matt Art Case The leather hand-bound Opus arrives in a silk covered clamshell case Online A unique Opus Reality™ card gives you online access to an exclusive 3D experience Publication date Available 7th December 2009

That is a very good cunning plan pam:),i reallyyyyyyyyyyy want to get this but its so hard to decided as i was con with michael tickets lost £420,trying to get it back but taking ages,just dont want to leave it and the book not be on offer anymore,i dont know wat to do :no: x

Pam hun if u have pre order it now just wondering if the money has come out at all?also pam i think it comes with white gloves there was a picture of white gloves on the book xxx

Last edited:

Ok, I have to get this. I just have to. It's a lot of money, but I'm left with no choice.

Lately I've been like a robot programmed to buy Michael-related stuff, lol. Can't stop, and won't stop til' I get enough :D
I know the feeling ;) Pre-ordered this one today (d*mn I should really stop spending so much...). At least my credit card will only be debited from my regular account at the end of next month, so already a bit closer to receiving the masterpiece :)

Wow this is going to be such a good Christmas! Now just have to talk my hubby into buying it for me ;D

I am sure we can expect loads more official goodies too :)

Damn sooo dont know whether to get this... loooks soo nice.. i am going to need to build another room in my house to store all the stuff i bought! haha i know i will regret it if i dont... but £109 + postage seems soo much at the moment!

So the money is def taken straight away??

Back