Official: Michael Jackson's name has been uncovered at Gardner School Auditorium

Re: Michael Jackson's Name WILL BE UNCOVERED ON LA School

great news.
however those idiots should have never taken his name down.
and i agree with smoothcriminal12....
if Michael was still alive they wouldnt have brought it back. its a real shame that a tragedy has to happen before people make a change.

They wouldn't have done it if he hadn't died. smh.

Pretty much!

I support and respect all the fans who laboured in this effort, but until I see his name uncovered, I'll not shout for joy just yet.

It was a slap in the face that they did this in the first place and to have kept his name covered for so many years is just ludicrous!

CherubimII;3018537 said:
1013-michael-jackson-auditorium-tmz-getty-ex-1-credit.jpg

http://www.mjj2005.com/kopboard/index.php?showtopic=54551&st=0&gopid=1392757&#entry1392757

The world is filled with Michael Jackson fans who not only want to see justice served for the King of Pop, but many are still hoping to see tributes and even monuments built in the memory of the entertainer who has had such a profound impact on the world. According to a new report, there is a group of fans who are hoping to see Michael Jackson's name uncovered at a Los Angeles elementary school where his name was once displayed.

As TMZ reports, the group of fans have started a campaign for the school to uncover Jackson's name. The school is Gardner elementary school and MJ's name over the auditorium. It has been known as the "Michael Jackson Auditorium."
Apparently after the allegations of 2003, school officials covered Jackson's name with plywood -- this is an act that has outraged fans for years, and the fans want vindication for Jackson. Jackson was cleared of all charges, and therefore his name should never have been hidden.

The Board of Education, per the report, confirmed that there was indeed a meeting that took place. The group of fans have collected over 2000 signatures.

http://www.examiner.com/jackson-family-in-...d-at-l-a-school

>Update:

Update: Spoke to Mr. Urbina, Principal of Gardner
.por Uncover Michael Jackson's Name (The Gardner St. School Issue Campaign), quinta, 14 de outubro de 2010 às 14:24. Good morning supporters.

I just had another wonderful conversation with Mr. Urbina, the Principal of Gardner Elementary School. First I must thank him greatly for all his support he has shown us from the beginning. He was in support of this before we even contacted him. He is also just a wonderful man and has been nothing but kind, helpful, and a pleasure to talk and work with. I just can not say enough about him.

He did tell me the school just had a Back to School night and they took a vote on having the sign uncovered. Great news!!! They voted on YES!!! We thank the school PTA, Teachers, and Parents for their support in this matter. This is really big!!

He also said he did speak to Mr. Cortines, the Superintendent of the LAUSD yesterday. He is anxious to hear what we have to say on the 19th. But I will say the 19th will be big!!

Listen everyone, let me just say that this WILL be done. Our patience and peserverance WILL pay off.

Mr. Urbina also said he was inpressed with how we have conducted ourself in our campaign and comends us all. I have full confidence that all of our hard work and your support will not be in vain. <!--sizeo:3--><!--/sizeo-->Michael Jackson's Name WILL BE UNCOVERED!!! <!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->

Also just to remind everyone I did post earlier that we were in a TMZ article today. The writer has contacted me and IS a Michael Jackson fan and supports us! I wrote him back my feelings on TMZ, lol, but thanked him for the nice article which was all true. I asked him to mention the campaign's actual name too.

So much happening that is ALL GREAT!!! So once again, I will tell you all , MICHAEL'S NAME WILL BE UNCOVERED!!!

I really appreciate all of your help and really have much love for you. We would not be where we are today without all of the supporters around the world. Be proud to be part of a wonderful campaign to clear Michael's name and have it UNCOVERED once and for all!!! We are making HISTORY her for Michael Jackson. Feels great to be apart of it.

Much LOVE, Jennifer Marino

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=166379040040125

Amen!! This is so great. America is the land where the innocent should remain innocent after being proved not guilty. And this is the right move at the right time.

Poor MJ. The end of his life was such a tragedy....he was a work in process with so much promise for the future....to be cut down like he was. Now this news just made my night....been driving home, feeling very sad all over again about MJ - but now this gives me hope. Thank you for posting this.

I remember back then when they put Michael's name for the first time. I actually discovered it in BRAVO magazine with many pictures with Michael wearing his red jacket from BAD era. He was soooo big then, so magical. It is really sad to see now how this very same society in which Michael lived destroyed his name.

In my opinion, they didn't cover it only because of the lawsuit, but because Michael Jackson's name was sadly successfully tarnished by the media and bad mouths to the point that people were ashamed to admit that they liked Michael jackson.

madonna spoke it out during WMA --"everybody turned their backs on him"

That's so nice. :)

Yeah, yeah, whatever they wouldn't do it if he was alive. He's gone. Sad, but true... You can't change it. So what? Better late than never! If they never did it you people would still be complaining. Sheesh!

Michael was all about LOVE. And to be hella honest, some of you show so much bitterness towards everything that it's sad... Spread love - not hate. He is gone, but he lives within us. And I don't believe for a second he would be happy to live within us with so much bitterness and anger around... Really, free yourselves from these feelings and you realize what I'm saying. To go "the extra mile" as some do, sometimes it even sounds like if some people want all these bad feelings around in order to feel like they're "protecting" MJ. That's atrocious.

Anyway, yay! I'm happy it'll be uncovered! That's what matters!

Im so proud of the Fans who started this campaign and all those who have supported it.
It was very refreshing to see fans working together in a dignified manner so that we could
be taken serioud by the school board. With the support of the Principle, Teachers and PTA
of Gardner Elementary plus the medisa coverage. I dont think the board will have any defense
to turn it down _ I pray for a VICTORY.

FANS CAN WATCH VIDEO
of the board meeting that will be published on the LA School board website
http://laschoolboard.org/node/974 on the day after the meeting Oct 20

This is a video posted by the BOY who presented Michael with the Key
to the School at the dedication called THE LUCKIEST BOY IN SCHOOL :)
[youtube]hix3te36CUI[/youtube]

Here is a video I found by accident
This man opens a channel just to show his support of Michael and
the UncoverMJs name campaing _ so beautiful it made me cry for
him to pour his heart out for Michael like that

Last edited:

Oh please, please let this finally happen! :angel:

It would be a small thing and way too late, but this should be fixed asap.

I still remember how angry I was when I heard about them covering Michael's name..and think about what a nice lesson they thought those kids about forgetting "innocent until proven guilty" whenever it seems convenient :(

Great news! Good job, MJ fans! Is it too late to sign the petition? I want to sign too

This is huuuuge!!! Great news, lets hope this gets confirmed as soon as possible and sets an example for the rest! Great job fans! Yaaaaayy i'm so happy :)

Have a wonderful weekend everybody!

The 19th will hopefully bring a result that should have never have happened in the first place. Hopefully at least one injustice can be righted.

Re: Michael Jackson's Name Uncovering on LA School-Decision to be made 19th Oct

OMG I AM SO HAPPY!

Finally! If we don't give up, good happens!

Fantastic news! THANK YOU to all the fans behind this effort, it's very much appreciated.
I hope the meeting goes well.

They made the right decision. It still bothers me though that they even thought of concealing his name in the first place.

I am one of the people who sent an email to the school asking them to unveil his name and I am rather stunned that all the emails sent and the fans working for it locally actually seemed to have been able to change things for the better and the right. Things like this make me hope. :)

Great news:)

It would be nice if they said: "we don't only uncover his name because he died, but because we think he was innocent and his name was injustly tarnished. Sorry, Michael."

Justice is served :D Good news at the start of the day!

Balls to them thats what I say.
I dont think they should uncover it not now,out of principle.
Its too late,whats done is done.
They were to quick to judge so they covered it so why uncover it now that hes not here?
Whats it going to prove?
The damage has already been done.
Whatever you try to do you cant change the past so just leave it as it is.

well, better they make things right now, than never at all. but since schools are probably the most conservative places in the world, I'm not surprised it took so long. but its good news. now please some new music next month and no more allegations crap!

Well it's about damn time. They know they'll never cover Michael's name again and I'm glad they did the right thing by uncovering his name on the school auditorium again. Justice is herby served.

I would love to say thanks to them for doing it... I was one who signed so im glad i helped in getting this uncovered.

I love you Michael and we did this for you. You deserve it and much much more.

This is wonderful news! MJ fans are the best. :yes: Sooner or later this will happen!

it's all about helping mj's to flourish and the new generations to come will know the truth and not all the media crap

Oops sorry double post
Im just too excited :)

ITS OFFICIAL MICHAEL'S NAME HAS BEEN UNCOVERED :clapping::dancin:

HelpUncoverMJXx Uncover MJ's Name
#VICTORY #VICTORY #VICTORY #VICTORY #VICTORY #VICTORY
#VICTORY #VICTORY #VICTORY #VICTORY #VICTORY #VICTORY
#VICTORY #VICTORY #VICTORY
1 minute ago FavoriteRetweetReply

WE WERE KEEPING IT QUIET OUT OF RESPECT FOR MRS. JACKSON BUT ALSO
CAUSE WE WERENT 1000 PERCENT SURE. AND WE NEEDED TO BE BEFORE WE TOLD YOU.
4 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

WHAT A GLORIOUS DAY!!! WHAT AN UNBELIEVABLE DAY. WE'RE ON CLOUD 9 THOUSAND
AND 9!!!!!!!!!!!! WE LITERALLY CAN'T BREATHE.
5 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE, E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E!!! FOR EVERYTHING YOU HAVE DONE FOR
US AND EVERY OUNCE OF SUPPORT. YOU GOT US HERE. WE'RE H-E-R-E!!!!
6 minutes ago FavoriteUndo RetweetReply

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
WE UNCOVERED MICHAEL JACKSON'S NAME!!!!!!!!!!!! WE LOVE YOU ALL!!! WE DID IT!!!!!
8 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

MICHAEL JACKSON'S NAME IS UNCOVERED FROM THE GARDNER STREET ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AUDITORIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
9 minutes ago FavoriteUndo RetweetReply

..since the LAUSD confirmed it, here it is..........

Back