Official: Michael Jackson's name has been uncovered at Gardner School Auditorium

Re: Michael Jackson's Name Uncovering on LA School-Decision to be made 19th Oct

So its offcially uncovered...yay

Jefferson Crain from LA School Board has sent this Press release to @HelpUncoverMJXx via email!!!

MICHAEL JACKSON’S NAME ON DISPLAY AGAIN AT GARDNER SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
Elementary School’s Most Famous Alum Recognized for His Musical Legacy

Los Angeles—The silver, foot-high letters gleam once again, proclaiming The Michael Jackson Auditorium at Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood. It is the last public school attended by Jackson—then an 11-year-old sixth grader — who was the lead in a singing group with his brothers. Three months after school started, Motown released their debut album “Diana Ross Presents the Jackson 5.” And, the young entertainer was on his way to becoming an international star.

“It’s important for the District to value the artistic impact and humanitarian contribution that will be the lasting legacy of Michael Jackson,” said Los Angeles School Board member Steven Zimmer. I’m happy that we will be recognizing and appreciating Michael’s LAUSD moment.”

The sign was originally unveiled at the then newly-refurbished auditorium in 1989. However, when the King of Pop was charged with child molestation, the sign was covered with layered board. For the record, the entertainer was never convicted. After his death last year fans began a campaign to have his name revealed.

At the direction of Los Angeles Unified School District Superintendent Ramon C. Cortines, the tribute was uncovered today.

“In recognition of Michael Jackson’s musical legacy and contribution to modern culture I have directed our maintenance and operations department to remove the layered board covering the tribute to Mr. Jackson at Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood,” said LAUSD Superintendent Ramon Cortines.

FANTASTIC NEWS!!! :wub::D
Just heard it on Twitter and didnt believe it at first! :doh:
Amazing news! We so so needed some good news!
A real breakthrough!
I am absolutely DELIGHTED! and thats an understatment!
Well done everyone who was involved in this tireless campaign!
We all did Michael proud.:wub:

71589_448775419115_339260689115_5250687_8285068_n.jpg

Long Live The King!!! Long Live The King!!! Long Live The King!!! Long Live The King!!!:clapping:

71589_448775419115_339260689115_5250687_8285068_n.jpg

Long Live The King!!! Long Live The King!!! Long Live The King!!! Long Live The King!!!:clapping:

Is this a recent pic or old?

i have a huge feeling its recent. It was just on their fb page.... and its now their icon on twitter

That is awesome news!! :punk:

i have a huge feeling its recent. It was just on their fb page.... and its now their icon on twitter

Yay that is so cool :)

*does bad moonwalk* woohoo! im so happy for MJ

:moonwalk :moonwalk: :moonwalk:

3 CHEERS TO EVERY ONE IN THAT GROUP ...................GOD BLESS THEM AND ALL MJ FANS.:clapping: :clapping:

oh thats much better no one does it like the King! hahaha

On Saturday 16th October 2010, @tajjackson3 said:

On behalf of my grandma, we are thrilled that the "Uncover Michael Jackson's Name Campaign" has come to a happy conclusion. Here is a direct quote from my Grandma. "After a number of heartfelt conversations between me, my grandson Taj, family friend Jodi Gomes, and LAUSD, I am overwhelmed that the school will proudly bear my son's name on its auditorium once again. This could not have been done without the tireless dedication of my son's fans and specifically the wonderful members of the "Uncover Michael Jackson's Name Campaign". I look forward to my joint statement with the school in the coming days and thank you from my heart. Michael would be proud". - Mrs. Katherine Jackson

this is the perfect example of never losing faith even when it seems impossible, i remember when this petiton first started there were lots of people doubting that this will ever happen it would be great if neverland be restored for the disadvantage what michael created for in the first place

Just simply incredible and it goes to show you what we can do!
MJ has THE best most dedicated and loyal fans. I bet it makes some seethe with jealousy that even in death he's still the shit.

"There's nothing that can't be done when we raise our voice as one" -MJ

This is the type of news that brings tears to my eyes! I have prayed for this for a long while. I'm so, so very pleased! Thank you, Lord! :clapping: :D Soooo happy!

Honestly, after all the crappy news of the Murray trial, Oprah budding in the Jackson family business.... WE REALLY NEEDED NEWS LIKE THIS!! Not just because it's an auditorium that needs an MJ branding. It's not about that. It's about getting back any effort that tried to potentially drag his name through the mud. This is what this action represents - VICTORY!

Taj Jackson & Jodie Gomes said they will have an Official and Public Dedication soon
& Katherine Jackson will be there _ She is so Happy and greatful to the fans

Last edited:
Like i said in there his children need to uncover Michaels name. It would mean so much more. Not like it doesn't now but i think it would be best for them to do it.

I am so glad! It's starting to look good for us (as in the public respecting him).

*BIG HUGE GROUP MJJC HUG!!!!*

I remember this campaign started up just under a year ago. I wasn't staff then but I was part of the Media Legacy Team. We got the templates to send in mass exodus to Gardner School. There was a mute respsonse first but Michael Jackson fans never, ever give up. The campaign grew as the year progressed and finally the campaign could be ignored no longer. This took a while and required a lot of love and perserverance and it worked. Every single Michael Jackson fan should be proud today. A wrong was righted today and its down to Michael's fans that this has happened. I'm beaming with pride now. This campaign was done with patience and with love. I bet Michael is smiling right now.

Michael Jackson's Name uncovered on October 15th!!

Michael Jackson's name gleams again at Hollywood school
For seven years, the letters proclaiming Michael Jackson Auditorium at Gardner Street Elementary were covered, placed at the behest of parents shortly after the pop singer's arrest in 2003. Now, a year after his death, the sign is back.

By Kate Linthicum, Los Angeles Times

October 16, 2010

For seven years, the gleaming silver letters that once proclaimed Michael Jackson Auditorium at Gardner Street Elementary School in Hollywood were hidden behind white plywood boards.

The boards had been placed there at the behest of parents shortly after the pop singer was arrested on suspicion of child molestation in 2003. Since his death last year, fans had rallied for the restoration of the sign, which they saw as a symbol of Jackson's legacy.

Now, Jackson's name gleams again.

Get breaking news alerts delivered to your mobile phone. Text BREAKING to 52669.

Los Angeles Unified School District Supt. Ramon C. Cortines ordered the boards stripped away Friday "in recognition of Michael Jackson's musical legacy and contribution to modern culture."

A school district spokesman said the decision was made in large part because Jackson had been acquitted of criminal charges in the molestation case.

On Friday night, a Facebook page calling for the restoration of the sign was overflowing with joyous comments.

"I could cry!!" one person wrote. "I wish he were here to see this!!"

On the page, devotees from places as far away as Japan and Sri Lanka posted photos of themselves holding handmade posters calling for the boards to be stripped away.

Fans had planned to show up at a school board meeting Tuesday to demand that the sign be revealed.

Jackson was briefly enrolled at Gardner Street Elementary. In 1969, he and his family moved to Los Angeles from Gary, Ind., so that Jackson and his brothers could make a record with Motown.

Jackson was an 11-year-old sixth-grader at the school when the Jackson 5 released their debut album, a smash hit that foreshadowed Jackson's record-breaking solo career.

The Gardner auditorium was dedicated to Jackson in 1989. He attended the ribbon-cutting ceremony, where the school's choir sang "We Are the World," a tune Jackson co-wrote.

An illustration of Jackson's face was posted in the auditorium in 1989, and a picture depicting the singer surrounded by children was hung in the main office. The auditorium drawing was removed several years ago because it kept falling down, schools officials said. The picture in the office was removed to make room for an intercom system, officials said.

Source: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-1016-jackson-sign-20101016,0,5214056.story

See also:

http://www.majorloveprayer.org/2010...ign=Feed:+MajorLovePrayer+(Major+Love+Prayer)

http://www.mj-777.com

Let's show the world our joy and happiness about this success and first important step in clearing his name and having the public see him as the man he really was by tweeting using #MJsNameUncovered.

[color=dark red]Taj Jackson, Mrs. Katherine Jackson, Jodi Gomes and everyone else who wrote letters, emails: Thank you, we love you!![/color]

Re: Michael Jackson's Name uncovered on October 15th!!

Oops, saw that Cherubim's thread was changed to show the exciting news. Moderator can you please merge this thread with the other one ? Sorry ( but hey, created a Breaking News thread on a POSITIVE news item, how cool is that!)

I'm crying now :angel: Wonderful news :clapping::clapping:

Back