Official "Michael" Tracklist and First Single "Hold my Hand" Announcement

Look on the bright side about The way you love me and it's spot on "Michael", The song "Radar" From Britney appeared twice on 2 albums, Blackout and Circus.

I thought I could share that.

Really intrigued by Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy. I wonder where these songs originated from, when they were recorded, who wrote and produced them etc?

I am fairly confident that (I Like) The Way You Love Me will be different from the version on TUC. It may even be an entirely different song. Madonna has two songs called Forbidden Love. If it is the same song, I'm sure it'll be a different take.

I haven't listened to the clip of Much Too Soon, but everyone seems to be raving about it, so I'm excited for that.

And Behind The Mask sounds cool. The fans have known about that song for a long time, so it'll be great to finally hear it.

Not sure how I feel about Monster or Keep Your Head High. I will judge them when I hear them.

I have to say, this is a better tracklisting than I expected. I'm glad there is no LNFSG or Escape or Blue Gangster. Hold My Hand is an odd choice for an opener though. I thought they would've opened the album with an uptempo....

aprilshack;3070280 said:
Have a look on eBay & amazon for the uc, it's cheaper than it used to be, I have seen copies go for around £25.

Thank you so much... :wub:

I already have it, it was just observation of mine regarding the large public, But if I am gonna buy another one I will buy a new one.

I have to say, this is a better tracklisting than I expected. I'm glad there is no LNFSG or Escape or Blue Gangster. Hold My Hand is an odd choice for an opener though. I thought they would've opened the album with an uptempo....

MJ's album normally had an uptempo first song on the album. So yes, that is a little weird.

DSTYGE - WBSS - BAD - JAM - Scream - BOTDF - Unbreakable - HMH

HMH is different, but then again circumstances are different.

People you get on my nerves if you dont want to it DONT buy it! I was hoping for Will I am tracks but im not happy how all of you usual suspects are bringing so negativity to this and so many threads !
I swear if Michael had put out this and you really cannot say he would not! You still would be moaning! Remember this! Sorry but Michael has gone! I miss him as much as all you do, but the reality iS! these are gifts from Michael to continue his Legacy, we are lucky so please , please understand that.

BTW the songs your all quoting as in DYKWYCA and some others are early 2000 or later than that. So thats why there not on this post release becuase these are all newly recorded tracks. Hence why i think , the way u love me is different or has been finished.

Will some of you please for the love of God stop moaning on and on on and on on and on on and on on and on on and on on and on on and on on and on.

Shut up already you moany old farts!!

Does anybody have the book "For The Record"? Maybe that book could shed some light on Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy? These two songs seem very mysterious.... I'm dying to know when they were recorded and who with...

Hmmm...only 10 tracks. I'm not too happy about that. Was hoping for about 12-14. And no will.i.am tracks.
I was REALLY looking forward to those. But, all in all, I'll be purchasing this new album. It looks to be pretty solid and I'll do anything to support Michael.

I 'll try not to be negative at this thread too. (meaning I will not summarize my opinion again since I have made my position clear about this album)

Hold My Hand (2008): happy it is on the album, I 've enjoyed it a lot since it leaked

Hollywood Tonight (?): I hope it is from 00's

Keep Your Head Up (2010?): Cascio fake crap, since most of his snippets were fake, why not this one

The Way You Love Me (2000): I luv it, but already released at the Ultimate collection

Monster (2010?): Cascio fake crap, leaked snippet is for good laughs

Best Of Joy (?): I hope it is from 00's, although it could be the song Joy that Blackstreet recorded, written by Michael. It was an outtake for Dangerous album

Breaking News (2010): Cascio fake crap

Another Day (before 2001): Great song, good choice

Behind The Mask (80's): A song to feature Michael for sure, but old

Much Too Soon (80's): Fantastic song, snippet was a taste of "paradise", but also old

When Michael said he was recording a new album back in November 2006 (Ireland Hollywood Access), I am sure he didn't mean THIS. The only recent material are the Cascio fakes EDIT: and Hold My Hand.

Songs that could be in the tracklist and aren't:

1) Will.I.Am tracks (of course after all that's happened I am happy he didn't contribute to this scam, he proved he is a REAL friend to Michael)

2) Katrina single

3) More Invincible outtakes, Rodney Jerkins tracks

4) "You are so beautiful" written by Michael during the trial

5) Blue Gangster

6) Escape

7) Bahrain Tsunami project

....etc

Last edited:
Does anybody have the book "For The Record"? Maybe that book could shed some light on Hollywood Tonight and Best of Joy? These two songs seem very mysterious.... I'm dying to know when they were recorded and who with...

I searched and couldn't find an entry for them:no:

Worst tracklist possible.

I hate to say it but there are too many whiny, little bitCHe$ on this site. Stop complaining. The man has passed and we're getting new music. How can the latter be a bad thing?

I'm sure all of you wish you were the head of Sony and could decide how to best disperse unreleased MJ material. But heck, if any one of you were in charge the rest would still be complaining because each of you has an opinion.

Breaking News IS Michael Jackson. Listen to the a capella. It is him. No doubt. I don't think the song is great and I wish it sounded more like a MJ record is expected to sound, but it's him nonetheless and it's a solid song that we hadn't heard before.

If you're expecting the same buzz provided by his solo albums in life, stop kidding yourself. What he did in life from OTW to Invincible is an era unto it's own. Now we've entered a new era of demos, uncompleted tracks, and material polished by from various producers.

Accept it and enjoy it as epilogue to a great career. A bonus, if you will.

But most of all....stop crying like a bunch of babies over every little thing you would have done differently.

Best Of Joy (?): I hope it is from 00's, although it could be the song Joy that Blackstreet recorded, written by Michael. It was an outtake for Dangerous album
Holly crap! If that's the song and MJ is singing it? I think I'll die! lol Such and awesome song and if he has his own version? OMG!

cant wait for that songs!!! ;)

hope the other cascio tracks sounds more like michael :)

anyway we know it must be michael so i am okay with the fact that they put them on the album.

50Cent, Akon, Lenny Kravitz!!! + Behind the mask
it will be amazing :O

Oh yeah...i thought us fans were the judge, if that were really true. Monster and BN wouldn't be on it. Not buying it, and we all know for what reason.

I have the book, but is does not mention Best of Joy or HT.
It does, however mention Behind the mask:

Written bij Chris Mosdell and Ryuichi Sakamoto, with additional lyrics by Michael Jackson.

Original instrumantal version with choral backing, recorded by the Yellow Magic Orchestra, for their 1979 album, Solid State Survivor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DSue36BpH8

(Eric Clapton: Behind the mask
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt9UXxWVr6k)

"I didn't know who Michael Jackson was - I wasn't intp that whole soul disco stuff''. confessed Chris Mosdell. ''When MJ recorded it, he also added an extra melody line and a few extra lyrics, so they wanted to solit the royalties - which is quite impossible. You can't take a Beatles song and add a melody line, a few more lyrics, and ask for fifty percent.

Legal battles meant Michael's version did not make the Thriller album.

Michael's keyboardist, Greg Phillinganes, did record a version for his album PULSE, issued in 1985.

MUCH TOO SOON: Song MJ wrote circa 181. Believed by some fans to be an early version of Gone too soon - unconfirmed.

Last edited:
ivy;3069827 said:
MICHAEL ALBUM TRACKLISTING:

1. Hold My Hand (Duet with Akon)
2. Hollywood Tonight
3. Keep Your Head Up
4. (I Like) The Way You Love Me
5. Monster (Featuring 50 Cent)
6. Best Of Joy
7. Breaking News
8. (I Can’t Make It) Another Day (Featuring Lenny Kravitz)
9. Behind The Mask
10. Much Too Soon
WOW! I caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan't waaaaaaaait! I am so excited! :woohoo: :clapping:

I am curious on what song is Orianthi guitar solo! I love hearing guitar in Jackson's songs. Beat It, Dirty Diana, Black or White, Give In To Me, Whatever Happens.

After all this mess reg Breaking News, I'm trying to stay positive abt the upcoming album. I love Hold my hand and really hope for new Michael's vocals on it.
Much too soon is song I already adore, even knowing just 20 seconds.
I hoped we get DYKWYChA and PWNN...

Last edited:
Actually Thriller was only 9 songs - and that turned out OK.
lol indeed.

Ever since Invincible I've been of the opinion that MJ would be better off going back to the OTW/Thriller/Bad format of 10-12 tracks. Of course I was hoping for 12 tracks instead of 10, but dammit this selection looks awesome! Can't wait to hear the album! :D

'(I Like) The Way You Love Me' will be interesting though. Wonder if they updated the production and/or if there was more to work with from those recording sessions.

Fitty featuring on 'Monster' is cool to me as well. And unexpected.

akon has backstabbed michael and has changed his story.

Why Akon’s ‘Hold My Hand’ Duet With Michael Jackson Won’t Be On ‘Freedom’
Akon did an interview with Billboard, where he discussed overcoming legal drama, working with Michael Jackson, and his new album 'Freedom'. Asked about rumors of Jackson being on his new tour, Akon responded, "Well Mike is working on a lot of stuff period. I mean, just an incredible all out person man. He opened up a lot of opportunities for me." Akon added that because 'Hold My Hand' was leaked, it won't be on 'Freedom'. "It was leaked, so it took all the excitement away from it," Akon explained. "We wanted it to be special. We wanted it when people got the album, it would be something that was every heard and would be the biggest exclusive ever."

i'm really excited:) really, really excited! i hope Michael can see us from heaven and smile...other kids will fall in love with him just how i fall in love with him 18 years ago;-)

Why Akon’s ‘Hold My Hand’ Duet With Michael Jackson Won’t Be On ‘Freedom’
Akon did an interview with Billboard, where he discussed overcoming legal drama, working with Michael Jackson, and his new album 'Freedom'. Asked about rumors of Jackson being on his new tour, Akon responded, "Well Mike is working on a lot of stuff period. I mean, just an incredible all out person man. He opened up a lot of opportunities for me." Akon added that because 'Hold My Hand' was leaked, it won't be on 'Freedom'. "It was leaked, so it took all the excitement away from it," Akon explained. "We wanted it to be special. We wanted it when people got the album, it would be something that was every heard and would be the biggest exclusive ever."

Back